Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Town about to play the 3 most pointless games in their history 13:39 - Apr 30 with 1090 viewsRadlett_blue

against relegated Swindon plus mid table Shrewsbury & Fleetwood. Cook has completely given up on most of the squad, having failed to get any sort of response out of them, maybe on the level of Paul Hurst. Cook has said he's made up his mind about who's staying so no incentive for anyone to try to perform. I don't intend to watch a near unwatchable team, most of whom won't be at Town next season. The only thing that would interest me would be if Cook did give starts to some of the young players, such as Simpson, but he's as good as said he isn't going to do that, which I find hard to understand as there could hardly be better opportunities to give someone experience, with nothing resting on the games & no crowd pressure.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Town about to play the 3 most pointless games in their history on 13:43 - Apr 30 with 1057 viewschrismakin

If there is a genuine issue with the mentality of 1st team players perhaps PC doesnt want the upcoming youngsters to mix with them and fall into the negativity trap.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Town about to play the 3 most pointless games in their history on 13:43 - Apr 30 with 1053 viewsOldsmoker

When you say pointless, do you mean we'll lose all 3?

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Town about to play the 3 most pointless games in their history on 13:45 - Apr 30 with 1048 viewsFtnfwest

to follow the last 10 or so pointless games
Town about to play the 3 most pointless games in their history on 13:48 - Apr 30 with 1023 viewsBlueBadger

Town about to play the 3 most pointless games in their history on 13:45 - Apr 30 by Ftnfwest

...and the two pointless seasons.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Town about to play the 3 most pointless games in their history on 13:51 - Apr 30 with 1012 viewsghostofescobar

Town about to play the 3 most pointless games in their history on 13:48 - Apr 30 by BlueBadger

...and the two pointless seasons.

and the largely pointless last 13 years.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2021 13:52]

GhostOfEscobar

Town about to play the 3 most pointless games in their history on 13:57 - Apr 30 with 996 viewsIllinoisblue

Reminds me of the end of 90-91 season. Nothing to play for. 7k crowd on a Thursday night - you could hear the speedway from Foxhall.

AND WE ALL KNOW WHAT HAPPENED THE NEXT SEASON.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Town about to play the 3 most pointless games in their history on 14:00 - Apr 30 with 978 viewsSteve_M

Whether any of the players are here or not next season, it’s surely in Cook’s interest to get a win or two out of these matches. Starting next season with the last win ten matches ago is going to ramp the pressure onto him from the start. I don’t think our owners will be making the excuses for him that too many Town fans are at the moment.

So, yes, little to be gained from a fan’s perspective but a lot for the manager. I’m going to be optimistic and predict four points.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2021 14:08]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Town about to play the 3 most pointless games in their history on 14:01 - Apr 30 with 969 viewspointofblue

Town about to play the 3 most pointless games in their history on 13:45 - Apr 30 by Ftnfwest

Except they weren't pointless on paper except for perhaps Wimbledon at home.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Town about to play the 3 most pointless games in their history on 14:11 - Apr 30 with 933 viewsJ2BLUE

It's a shame for everyone involved that we can't just forfeit them and end the season.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Town about to play the 3 most pointless games in their history on 14:13 - Apr 30 with 926 viewschrismakin

Town about to play the 3 most pointless games in their history on 14:11 - Apr 30 by J2BLUE

It's a shame for everyone involved that we can't just forfeit them and end the season.

You would think the players would have realised by kw that they are in the shop window..

Unless I've been spot on for months and they've all got jobs already sorted... otherwise their performances wouldnt even attract a top half league 1 side.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Town about to play the 3 most pointless games in their history on 14:16 - Apr 30 with 917 viewsSwansea_Blue

Town about to play the 3 most pointless games in their history on 13:51 - Apr 30 by ghostofescobar

and the largely pointless last 13 years.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2021 13:52]

Well, aren't you all little rays of sunshine this afternoon

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Town about to play the 3 most pointless games in their history on 14:32 - Apr 30 with 877 viewsFtnfwest

Town about to play the 3 most pointless games in their history on 14:16 - Apr 30 by Swansea_Blue

Well, aren't you all little rays of sunshine this afternoon

pointless answer!
Town about to play the 3 most pointless games in their history on 14:32 - Apr 30 with 876 viewsMookamoo

Town about to play the 3 most pointless games in their history on 14:13 - Apr 30 by chrismakin

You would think the players would have realised by kw that they are in the shop window..

Unless I've been spot on for months and they've all got jobs already sorted... otherwise their performances wouldnt even attract a top half league 1 side.

Their agents have them sorted, and have done for a while now. The worst thing that could happen for them now is to get an injury. Quire kick about for 90 mins and stay out of trouble.
Town about to play the 3 most pointless games in their history on 16:07 - Apr 30 with 760 viewsAlanG296

Town about to play the 3 most pointless games in their history on 14:00 - Apr 30 by Steve_M

Whether any of the players are here or not next season, it’s surely in Cook’s interest to get a win or two out of these matches. Starting next season with the last win ten matches ago is going to ramp the pressure onto him from the start. I don’t think our owners will be making the excuses for him that too many Town fans are at the moment.

So, yes, little to be gained from a fan’s perspective but a lot for the manager. I’m going to be optimistic and predict four points.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2021 14:08]

Don't think so, they'll judge him on his results from August, a couple of wins in May will make no difference if he doesn't meet their expectations through the season.
Town about to play the 3 most pointless games in their history on 16:10 - Apr 30 with 747 viewsAlanG296

Town about to play the 3 most pointless games in their history on 14:13 - Apr 30 by chrismakin

Chambers is going to convert the annex into a B&B. He's also going to run courses on fist pumping. That will keep him busy
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024