Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luke Garbutt 14:10 - Apr 30 with 1123 viewsstopmoaning

Anyone fancy him for left back next year?

Out of contract in the summer, ex Everton player, a bit of experience in the past, played with a few teams on loan like Fulham, Wigan and Oxford.

Spent 19-20 at a lower league team, but scored a few goals.
Luke Garbutt on 14:14 - Apr 30 with 1087 viewsJ2BLUE

Arguably his free kicks would have us in the play offs now.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Luke Garbutt on 14:17 - Apr 30 with 1066 viewsGuthrum

No problem if he were to come back. His loan spell was rather blighted by that early injury.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Luke Garbutt on 14:19 - Apr 30 with 1047 viewsMrTown

He's decent technically. Tom Pearce would be my preference, but if we are to seriously revamp the squad I wouldn't mind Kenlock out as well with Garbutt coming in.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Luke Garbutt on 14:28 - Apr 30 with 991 viewslongtimefan

Think it depends on where you expect him to play. He was impressive playing as a wide midfielder, far less so as a full back.
Luke Garbutt on 14:35 - Apr 30 with 970 viewsclive_baker

Not a bad player by any means. He's spent the past 3 years in relatively upper average L1 sides, which is about his level IMO. Although that's a bit of a crude way of looking at it, in a better side he wouldn't look entirely out of place and could well end up in a promoted side this season with Blackpool. Nice technique and delivery from the left, good set pieces, good going forward. Not the worlds best defender, but all things considered certainly a step up on Kenlock and an ageing Ward.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Luke Garbutt on 14:43 - Apr 30 with 929 viewsskinnybob72

Luke Garbutt on 14:35 - Apr 30 by clive_baker

Not a bad player by any means. He's spent the past 3 years in relatively upper average L1 sides, which is about his level IMO. Although that's a bit of a crude way of looking at it, in a better side he wouldn't look entirely out of place and could well end up in a promoted side this season with Blackpool. Nice technique and delivery from the left, good set pieces, good going forward. Not the worlds best defender, but all things considered certainly a step up on Kenlock and an ageing Ward.

Agree with this - Ward's delivery from the left has been dreadful - Garbutt would be an improvement in that respect.
Luke Garbutt on 14:46 - Apr 30 with 912 viewscleggo

strangely enough, Cook also goes to Liverpool games with his mrs. So you'd assume he might know him personally
Luke Garbutt on 15:33 - Apr 30 with 757 viewssouthnorfolkblue

No. He’s not a very good LB.

Left Midfield is another matter

Poll: Our final position

Login to get fewer ads

Luke Garbutt on 16:42 - Apr 30 with 636 viewsitfc_bucks

Not at left back, but attacking wide left, I would.
Luke Garbutt on 16:51 - Apr 30 with 612 viewsbelgablue

I think league one is his level and we should be looking for players that can push beyond that. Obviously an upgrade on what we have but I think we can and will have better options.

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

Luke Garbutt on 16:54 - Apr 30 with 606 viewsChurchman

Luke Garbutt on 16:51 - Apr 30 by belgablue

I think league one is his level and we should be looking for players that can push beyond that. Obviously an upgrade on what we have but I think we can and will have better options.

I hope we have better options, but if we don’t I’d take him if he wants to play here. I think Garbutt is decent with what appeared to be a good attitude.
Luke Garbutt on 16:55 - Apr 30 with 601 viewsMaySixth

No, I would rather have him as left wing-back.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024