Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ipswich Covid Vaccinations 14:52 - Apr 30 with 4410 viewsDubtractor

Anyone else trying to book a jab at the moment?

I've tried a couple of times this week, and the system tells me that the nearest centre is 50 miles away, even though there are evidently centres in Ipswich.

Anyone else having this problem, or have I just been singled out for special treatment?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Ipswich Covid Vaccinations on 14:54 - Apr 30 with 2654 viewsITFC_Forever

I've heard the same from others.... I was lucky enough to get mine at Gainsborough a couple of weeks ago, but every time they open the vaccination up to the next age group, they get fully booked in no time.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Ipswich Covid Vaccinations on 14:54 - Apr 30 with 2648 viewshype313

Yep, been trying all week, nearest is Basildon or Harlow.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Ipswich Covid Vaccinations on 14:59 - Apr 30 with 2614 viewsDubtractor

Ipswich Covid Vaccinations on 14:54 - Apr 30 by hype313

Yep, been trying all week, nearest is Basildon or Harlow.

That's reassuring, albeit obviously annoying for you too.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

Ipswich Covid Vaccinations on 15:01 - Apr 30 with 2600 viewshype313

Ipswich Covid Vaccinations on 14:59 - Apr 30 by Dubtractor

That's reassuring, albeit obviously annoying for you too.

Yep, not ideal, other people have said your better off calling them, I haven't as yet, but I will after Monday.

Ipswich Covid Vaccinations on 15:07 - Apr 30 with 2583 viewsEastTownBlue

The available appointments disappear very quickly once they appear on the system. I can only assume that they are still mainly doing the second doses in this area at present.

There were no shortage of avaiable appointments in south Essex, Harlow, Bishops Stortford and Stevenage areas when I was looking earlier in the week. I don't think that I saw anything appear for the Colchester and Norwich areas and a lone pharmacy for Ipswich. Particulary annoying when texts and letters encouraging those to book making it sound all rather easy to do.
Ipswich Covid Vaccinations on 15:11 - Apr 30 with 2555 viewshype313

Ipswich Covid Vaccinations on 15:07 - Apr 30 by EastTownBlue

The available appointments disappear very quickly once they appear on the system. I can only assume that they are still mainly doing the second doses in this area at present.

There were no shortage of avaiable appointments in south Essex, Harlow, Bishops Stortford and Stevenage areas when I was looking earlier in the week. I don't think that I saw anything appear for the Colchester and Norwich areas and a lone pharmacy for Ipswich. Particulary annoying when texts and letters encouraging those to book making it sound all rather easy to do.

Yep, I have tried everyday since Monday and it's the same places everyday, as you say Bishops Stortford, Stevenage, Harlow and Basildon.

Ipswich Covid Vaccinations on 15:27 - Apr 30 with 2527 viewsThe_Last_Baron

My spies tell me that behind the scenes the Government are panicking about the lack of intake in the under-50s. Less than half apparently are taking up the offer when they receive the invite.

I'd say 75% of people I know under 50 have no intention of taking it.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Ipswich Covid Vaccinations on 15:30 - Apr 30 with 2514 viewsEJP

I know of someone in Ipswich who has to go to Stowmarket for their jab… another in Manningtree who has to go to Rayleigh, and a third in Frinton who has theirs in Basildon - all booked today.
Login to get fewer ads

Ipswich Covid Vaccinations on 15:30 - Apr 30 with 2515 viewsDebsyAngel

I was lucky to get into Trinity Park towards the end of March and a second one there too.

My husband has to fork out for train tickets to get to Cambridge and walk a mile to a Bowling Green to have his next Friday. We kept refreshing the page, even tried at some ungodly hour to get one in Ipswich - nothing. He has his second booked in at Duke Street chemists.
Ipswich Covid Vaccinations on 15:33 - Apr 30 with 2504 viewsDubtractor

Ipswich Covid Vaccinations on 15:27 - Apr 30 by The_Last_Baron

My spies tell me that behind the scenes the Government are panicking about the lack of intake in the under-50s. Less than half apparently are taking up the offer when they receive the invite.

I'm under 50 and keen to have it, just not so keen that I want a 100 mile round journey thrown in!

Ipswich Covid Vaccinations on 15:43 - Apr 30 with 2483 viewsStokieBlue

Anecdotally, every person I know under 50 has taken it including myself. Have you discussed with these people why they aren't taking it and tried to highlight why they should?

It would surely also mean that everyone could easily book a vaccination near them which from this thread we can see clearly isn't the case.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Ipswich Covid Vaccinations on 15:44 - Apr 30 with 2469 viewsDubtractor

Ipswich Covid Vaccinations on 15:43 - Apr 30 by StokieBlue

Anecdotally, every person I know under 50 has taken it including myself. Have you discussed with these people why they aren't taking it and tried to highlight why they should?

It would surely also mean that everyone could easily book a vaccination near them which from this thread we can see clearly isn't the case.

SB

Everyone I know under 50 has had, or will have, it too.

Baron obviously hangs out with the covid denial crowd.

Ipswich Covid Vaccinations on 15:52 - Apr 30 with 2447 viewsPinewoodblue

So it is difficult to book a jab because people are not coming forward to be vaccinated. Somehow that doesn’t seem right.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Ipswich Covid Vaccinations on 16:03 - Apr 30 with 2402 viewsElderGrizzly

Ipswich Covid Vaccinations on 15:11 - Apr 30 by hype313

Yep, I have tried everyday since Monday and it's the same places everyday, as you say Bishops Stortford, Stevenage, Harlow and Basildon.

Apparently you are being directed to the ‘mega-centres’ for vaccines if you use the NHS site.

Local vaccines are only bookable through GP/local NHS provided links.

I tried it out as I just had a link from my GP. That offers me my home town. Going through the NHS website I was offered somewhere 30 miles away
Ipswich Covid Vaccinations on 16:11 - Apr 30 with 2391 viewsStokieBlue

Ipswich Covid Vaccinations on 16:03 - Apr 30 by ElderGrizzly

Apparently you are being directed to the ‘mega-centres’ for vaccines if you use the NHS site.

Local vaccines are only bookable through GP/local NHS provided links.

I tried it out as I just had a link from my GP. That offers me my home town. Going through the NHS website I was offered somewhere 30 miles away

Not sure this is true for all cases.

When I booked the other day on the NHS site I got all the local pharmacies that were doing it which were all within a mile.

I guess it depends on the number of sites in the close vicinity though and London probably has more.

SB

Ipswich Covid Vaccinations on 16:12 - Apr 30 with 2386 viewshype313

Ipswich Covid Vaccinations on 16:11 - Apr 30 by StokieBlue

Not sure this is true for all cases.

When I booked the other day on the NHS site I got all the local pharmacies that were doing it which were all within a mile.

I guess it depends on the number of sites in the close vicinity though and London probably has more.

SB

How are you feeling after yours Stokie? Yesterday wasn't it?

Ipswich Covid Vaccinations on 16:34 - Apr 30 with 2362 viewsStokieBlue

Ipswich Covid Vaccinations on 16:12 - Apr 30 by hype313

How are you feeling after yours Stokie? Yesterday wasn't it?

Well they called on Monday night and said they had spare and I could have it early if I wanted so went and had it then. Was excellent, in and out in less than 5 minutes.

Was generally fine, perhaps a bit lethargic yesterday but that could also have been psychosomatic given lots of people saying it will have an effect. I had AZ.

SB
[Post edited 30 Apr 2021 16:39]

Ipswich Covid Vaccinations on 16:35 - Apr 30 with 2344 viewshype313

Ipswich Covid Vaccinations on 16:34 - Apr 30 by StokieBlue

Well they called on Monday night and said they had spare and I could have it early if I wanted so went and had it then. Was excellent, in and out in less than 5 minutes.

Was generally fine, perhaps a bit lethargic yesterday but that could also have been psychosomatic given lots of people saying it will have an effect. I had AZ.

SB
[Post edited 30 Apr 2021 16:39]

Cheers, good to hear.

Hopefully I will get one next week.

Ipswich Covid Vaccinations on 16:41 - Apr 30 with 2319 viewsParky

You must know absolute weirdos.
Ipswich Covid Vaccinations on 16:55 - Apr 30 with 2295 viewsjaykay

Ipswich Covid Vaccinations on 15:43 - Apr 30 by StokieBlue

SB

same at my drs surgery. my kids who are in their 40s said it was like a school reunion when they went for theirs. the surgery put out on facebook that everyone on their books over 40 had their first jab.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Ipswich Covid Vaccinations on 19:24 - Apr 30 with 2216 views26_Paz

Ipswich Covid Vaccinations on 16:55 - Apr 30 by jaykay

same at my drs surgery. my kids who are in their 40s said it was like a school reunion when they went for theirs. the surgery put out on facebook that everyone on their books over 40 had their first jab.

Most of my peers are in their 30s and are eagerly anticipating it soon hopefully. Only know one or two who won’t take it. Vast, vast majority are taking it.

The Paz Man

Ipswich Covid Vaccinations on 19:38 - Apr 30 with 2184 viewsSeablu

Ipswich Covid Vaccinations on 15:44 - Apr 30 by Dubtractor

Everyone I know under 50 has had, or will have, it too.

Baron obviously hangs out with the covid denial crowd.

No great surprise there.
Ipswich Covid Vaccinations on 19:51 - Apr 30 with 2157 viewsFunge

Got my first one in Kent, Dubbers (I was down there for work anyway...)

Second one booked for Duke St pharmacy down on the Waterfront.
Ipswich Covid Vaccinations on 19:55 - Apr 30 with 2146 viewsfabian_illness

I haven’t had much luck getting mine yet.
I also keep getting Newmarket, Harlow, Dagenham whenever I try online.
I’ve phoned 119 and was offered Colchester United, which would be fine. But whichever they offered me was gone as soon as they read it out.
Have tried again today but no availability anywhere near.
Ipswich Covid Vaccinations on 19:59 - Apr 30 with 2137 viewsswede

Yet, a friend of mine who lives just outside of Norwich has been given an appointment in Ipswich next week!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024