Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I follow refunds 16:13 - Apr 30 with 1632 viewschrismakin

A friend of mine has heard that the owners are reviewing the I follow value being deducted off season tickets.

If they do decide to remove the deduction and therefore ST holders end up getting full refunds surely all non season ticket holders should get their money back..

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

I follow refunds on 17:45 - Apr 30 with 1435 viewsslade1

I think the lack of replies to this thread tells you what a stupid suggestion you have!
I follow refunds on 17:50 - Apr 30 with 1417 viewschrismakin

I follow refunds on 17:45 - Apr 30 by slade1

I think the lack of replies to this thread tells you what a stupid suggestion you have!

And you felt the need to reply without providing any actual response

May I ask why you think someone should get a £300 refund (Full price of ST) , and watched all games for free, whilst i've spent £230+ for the same service

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

I follow refunds on 17:58 - Apr 30 with 1353 viewsSpruceMoose

I follow refunds on 17:50 - Apr 30 by chrismakin

May I ask why you think someone should get a £300 refund (Full price of ST) , and watched all games for free, whilst i've spent £230+ for the same service

People would be a lot happier if they stopped worrying about what other people are and are not getting.

And that includes more than just season tickets.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

I follow refunds on 18:00 - Apr 30 with 1339 viewsNeedhamChris

Hang on, when it was ST holders you were very quick to defend the decision based on the club not being a charity, needing the money etc.

Now you've heard they're reviewing it - you're upset because you think you're missing out? You're just having the same conversation but in reverse.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

I follow refunds on 18:01 - Apr 30 with 1321 viewsPJH

I follow refunds on 18:00 - Apr 30 by NeedhamChris

Hang on, when it was ST holders you were very quick to defend the decision based on the club not being a charity, needing the money etc.

Now you've heard they're reviewing it - you're upset because you think you're missing out? You're just having the same conversation but in reverse.

I think that it is all the players fault.
I follow refunds on 18:04 - Apr 30 with 1309 viewsNeedhamChris

In normal circumstances

23 x £25 SBRL tickets = £575
Season Ticket for 23 games = £333

You do realise in that situation season ticket holders being £230+ better off than non-ST holders is the norm right? This year is the only year that isn't the case

I follow refunds on 18:05 - Apr 30 with 1296 viewschrismakin

I follow refunds on 18:00 - Apr 30 by NeedhamChris

well no, it's not the same

ST holders weren't happy that they had to pay for watching i follow

mr argument was it wasn't free and the club aren't a charity so why would ST expect it to be free.

IF they now give in and give Full refunds for ST which basically means all your I follow games were free.. why should non season ticket i follow purchases be charged.. we've both watched the same game, why you should get it free and not me

I follow refunds on 18:06 - Apr 30 with 1290 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Have you thought, just for a second, that your mate is talking out of his star fish?
Login to get fewer ads

I follow refunds on 18:08 - Apr 30 with 1275 viewschrismakin

I follow refunds on 18:04 - Apr 30 by NeedhamChris

In normal circumstances

23 x £25 SBRL tickets = £575
Season Ticket for 23 games = £333

You do realise in that situation season ticket holders being £230+ better off than non-ST holders is the norm right? This year is the only year that isn't the case

No, you not understanding my issue, it's not about a difference, I always thought ST holders would get i follow for something like £5 so that they got it cheaper than non ST holders

But from what my friend is hearing, the club may be refunding ST holders in FULL, meaning you got all games for free over no season ticket holders, that's the part I don't see as fair

I follow refunds on 18:09 - Apr 30 with 1260 viewschrismakin

I follow refunds on 18:06 - Apr 30 by BlueBlueBluex2

Have you thought, just for a second, that your mate is talking out of his star fish?

No, it was via the club ticket office,

I follow refunds on 18:12 - Apr 30 with 1236 viewsNeedhamChris

I follow refunds on 18:08 - Apr 30 by chrismakin

No, you not understanding my issue, it's not about a difference, I always thought ST holders would get i follow for something like £5 so that they got it cheaper than non ST holders

But from what my friend is hearing, the club may be refunding ST holders in FULL, meaning you got all games for free over no season ticket holders, that's the part I don't see as fair

You could argue this anyway. As I've said, I was relatively content personally but did think they could have done more.

All I'm saying is you would usually be £230 worse off. If we get a refund in full that's pretty much exactly what will have happened this year too.

I wonder if the Wycombe or Burton non-ST holders felt quite so aggrieved.

I follow refunds on 18:16 - Apr 30 with 1190 viewschrismakin

I follow refunds on 18:12 - Apr 30 by NeedhamChris

You could argue this anyway. As I've said, I was relatively content personally but did think they could have done more.

All I'm saying is you would usually be £230 worse off. If we get a refund in full that's pretty much exactly what will have happened this year too.

I wonder if the Wycombe or Burton non-ST holders felt quite so aggrieved.

one of there options is exactly what we've done ourselves, it's interesting they also offered a simple refund of everything.. Youd imagine the majority did that lol

") There is a third option for season ticket holders who recognize that they received some value for their season ticket purchase but nonetheless would like some amount of refund but do not want to withdraw their money altogether. We are inviting you to claim your refund less £230 — the equivalent of the 23 iFollow match passes that you have had access to for home matches played behind closed doors.

Not sure what their non ST holders feel about it, makes no sense to me as if youre a ST holder and get a full refund, you've been no help to the club but rewarded with free footage of games, quite bizarre really.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2021 18:21]

I follow refunds on 18:22 - Apr 30 with 1146 viewsNeedhamChris

I follow refunds on 18:16 - Apr 30 by chrismakin

one of there options is exactly what we've done ourselves, it's interesting they also offered a simple refund of everything.. Youd imagine the majority did that lol

") There is a third option for season ticket holders who recognize that they received some value for their season ticket purchase but nonetheless would like some amount of refund but do not want to withdraw their money altogether. We are inviting you to claim your refund less £230 — the equivalent of the 23 iFollow match passes that you have had access to for home matches played behind closed doors.

Not sure what their non ST holders feel about it, makes no sense to me as if youre a ST holder and get a full refund, you've been no help to the club but rewarded with free footage of games, quite bizarre really.

Having a choice isn't confusing.

You need the other options for context;

Because we were not able to fulfill our commitment to have you attend matches as we had planned, if you would like a full refund, you can have it, no questions asked. We recognize that this has been a difficult year and many have had unexpected financial pressures. You will be able to purchase the same seats in 2021/22 before they reach general sale.

Burton on the other hand;

Therefore, we would hope you would be willing to roll over your existing season ticket to the 2021/22 season. There will be no extra charge and you will have top priority if the number of fans permitted to enter the Pirelli Stadium is restricted.

We hope you will stay with us and join us for what we hope will be an exciting season of EFL football.

However, further to our previous promise to fans, as there has been no chance to see games this season at the Pirelli Stadium you may request a refund if you prefer.

I should say, I don't really know why I'm arguing as I'm not too bothered what I get. Just think it's a bit rich that those criticising ST holders for not being grateful or wanting more, now seem to want more...

I follow refunds on 18:23 - Apr 30 with 1133 viewsNeedhamChris

I follow refunds on 18:16 - Apr 30 by chrismakin

You have still been a help to the club I guess, given that it would have been cashflow for a long time before there was any agreement on bailouts/support from other sources.

I follow refunds on 18:26 - Apr 30 with 1113 viewschrismakin

I follow refunds on 18:22 - Apr 30 by NeedhamChris

Having a choice isn't confusing.

You need the other options for context;

Because we were not able to fulfill our commitment to have you attend matches as we had planned, if you would like a full refund, you can have it, no questions asked. We recognize that this has been a difficult year and many have had unexpected financial pressures. You will be able to purchase the same seats in 2021/22 before they reach general sale.

Burton on the other hand;

Therefore, we would hope you would be willing to roll over your existing season ticket to the 2021/22 season. There will be no extra charge and you will have top priority if the number of fans permitted to enter the Pirelli Stadium is restricted.

We hope you will stay with us and join us for what we hope will be an exciting season of EFL football.

However, further to our previous promise to fans, as there has been no chance to see games this season at the Pirelli Stadium you may request a refund if you prefer.

I should say, I don't really know why I'm arguing as I'm not too bothered what I get. Just think it's a bit rich that those criticising ST holders for not being grateful or wanting more, now seem to want more...

I'm not asking for more, i've paid to watch the games.

Im asking why I've forked out £230 to watch the same platform as you and you could be getting the same live footage for 0, when you've been no more beneficial to the club than me as a non st holder as you could be getting all your money back anyway.

If that was known, I could have bought a ST just to get free i follow for the season knowing i'd get all money back anyway.

I follow refunds on 18:28 - Apr 30 with 1094 viewsNeedhamChris

I follow refunds on 18:26 - Apr 30 by chrismakin

I'm not asking for more, i've paid to watch the games.

Im asking why I've forked out £230 to watch the same platform as you and you could be getting the same live footage for 0, when you've been no more beneficial to the club than me as a non st holder as you could be getting all your money back anyway.

If that was known, I could have bought a ST just to get free i follow for the season knowing i'd get all money back anyway.

Ah so you don't want more, you just want to make sure others don't get more?

RE: your last sentence - if that was known it wouldn't be rewarding loyalty would it

I follow refunds on 18:32 - Apr 30 with 1064 viewschrismakin

I follow refunds on 18:28 - Apr 30 by NeedhamChris

Ah so you don't want more, you just want to make sure others don't get more?

RE: your last sentence - if that was known it wouldn't be rewarding loyalty would it

why is it loyal? it's no benefit for the club to be given out full refunds...
loyalty would be agreeing that I follow should be deducted from your ST fee as you've watched the games. The argument actually is Non ST holders have been more loyal as we've paid to watch the club whereas ST holder want all their money back.

"Ah so you don't want more, you just want to make sure others don't get more?"
No, I believe it's correct how it has been done, ST price minus the cost of I follow, difference refunded.

I follow refunds on 18:38 - Apr 30 with 1035 viewsNeedhamChris

I follow refunds on 18:32 - Apr 30 by chrismakin

why is it loyal? it's no benefit for the club to be given out full refunds...
loyalty would be agreeing that I follow should be deducted from your ST fee as you've watched the games. The argument actually is Non ST holders have been more loyal as we've paid to watch the club whereas ST holder want all their money back.

"Ah so you don't want more, you just want to make sure others don't get more?"
No, I believe it's correct how it has been done, ST price minus the cost of I follow, difference refunded.

We committed to the season without knowing what (if any) games it would bring. That is loyal (not superfan status etc and many reasons why others can't). The cashflow will have helped the club regardless if it's now given back.

I don't actually want a refund - and I haven't seen too many on here that do. All I was really arguing for when you were telling us we were lucky to get anything was a free drink or a couple of extra tickets. If we do get a refund, I'll be putting it towards next years ST.

If you don't mind about paying, why do you care so much?

I follow refunds on 18:49 - Apr 30 with 986 viewschrismakin

I follow refunds on 18:38 - Apr 30 by NeedhamChris

We committed to the season without knowing what (if any) games it would bring. That is loyal (not superfan status etc and many reasons why others can't). The cashflow will have helped the club regardless if it's now given back.

I don't actually want a refund - and I haven't seen too many on here that do. All I was really arguing for when you were telling us we were lucky to get anything was a free drink or a couple of extra tickets. If we do get a refund, I'll be putting it towards next years ST.

If you don't mind about paying, why do you care so much?

I don't mind paying for something that everyone pays for.

"We committed to the season without knowing what (if any) games it would bring. That is loyal (not superfan status etc and many reasons why others can't). The cashflow will have helped the club regardless if it's now given back."

might have helped, but not if it's then paid back in full, as it's now hurting turnover for the upcoming season etc so no i dont see it as loyal personally

You're different to some, you wanted more of a reward not really refunds, where as the ones who have contacted the club have asked for full refunds.. despite watching the games, that's where my issue is aimed at not yourself.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024