Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Cook really hates these players 19:00 - Apr 30 with 6705 viewsParky

I was told today that he’s refused to train the players all week except from today, this would explain why the players were all out on the booze earlier in the week.
Paul Cook really hates these players on 07:52 - May 1 with 624 viewsVic

Paul Cook really hates these players on 07:49 - May 1 by Parky

I see your point. The way I was told was literally: “Paul Cook has refused to train the players this week”.

Probably should’ve worded it better, but again my intentions weren’t to spin anything, I was just giving my opinion that by not training them, doesn’t necessarily mean it’s unprofessional as it allows unwanted players time off etc.
[Post edited 1 May 2021 7:52]

No problem! To early on a Saturday when we’re going to break our goal drought to be arguing over opinions! We’re a feisty lot on here at the moment aren’t we! Looking forward to happier day’s ahead. Great win for the Youths last night - lovely to see the celebrations in the changing room vid.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Paul Cook really hates these players on 08:04 - May 1 with 587 viewsCoastalblue

I can happily believe there's been no training this week, I find it hard to believe Cook refused to do it.

I can't imagine he feels secure enough to do that at the moment, new owners who didn't employ him, bad run, no goals in ten hours, he must be feeling a teeny weeny bit of pressure.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Paul Cook really hates these players on 08:22 - May 1 with 562 viewsBlue7583

I heard chambers told cook players didn’t wanna play for him and was told town pay their wages so crack on 🤷🏽‍♂️ .... not that they have played for much of the season so wouldn’t be able to tell either way though might explain chambers being dropped
Paul Cook really hates these players on 08:22 - May 1 with 559 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Paul Cook really hates these players on 07:49 - May 1 by Parky

I see your point. The way I was told was literally: “Paul Cook has refused to train the players this week”.

Probably should’ve worded it better, but again my intentions weren’t to spin anything, I was just giving my opinion that by not training them, doesn’t necessarily mean it’s unprofessional as it allows unwanted players time off etc.
[Post edited 1 May 2021 7:52]

"my intentions weren’t to spin anything"

"Paul Cook really hates these players"

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Paul Cook really hates these players on 08:23 - May 1 with 559 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Paul Cook really hates these players on 07:28 - May 1 by Vic

It’s not great is it! Whatever the reasons to give up, not to bother about the last few games is not a good look from Cook. His job is to seek to win games for the club and if he hasn’t had the players in for training, teaching them about the opposition, what to job for and how to counter it, etc, etc, then effectively he’s not doing his job.

I don’t for one minute want him out and he has my full support, but he’s made some strange decisions in his first few weeks here. All comes across a bit like Phil Parkinson or Ian Holloway! Never really seen or heard anything like it. It’s a risky strategy because if his new team take a while to get going next season he’s used up a lot of goodwill.

Doesn't really sound like he has your "full support."

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Paul Cook really hates these players on 08:26 - May 1 with 555 viewsParky

Paul Cook really hates these players on 08:22 - May 1 by The_Flashing_Smile

"my intentions weren’t to spin anything"

"Paul Cook really hates these players"

I’ve already said, in hindsight I probably should’ve worded it better.
Paul Cook really hates these players on 08:33 - May 1 with 541 viewsBryanPlug

Paul Cook really hates these players on 08:22 - May 1 by Blue7583

I heard chambers told cook players didn’t wanna play for him and was told town pay their wages so crack on 🤷🏽‍♂️ .... not that they have played for much of the season so wouldn’t be able to tell either way though might explain chambers being dropped

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Paul Cook really hates these players on 08:50 - May 1 with 514 viewsPhilTWTD

Wouldn't surprise me if they were given some days off this week as it's the first for a while without a midweek game. Think they were in Thursday though when we did the press conferences.
Login to get fewer ads

Paul Cook really hates these players on 10:26 - May 1 with 436 viewsVic

Paul Cook really hates these players on 08:23 - May 1 by The_Flashing_Smile

Doesn't really sound like he has your "full support."

Guess it depends on your definition of full support! I totally think he’s the right manager for ITFC at the moment and have confidence he will build a better team over the next 18 months.

Despite that, none of us are perfect and he’s surprised me and I don’t think he’s been wise in some of the things he’s said and done over the last few weeks.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Paul Cook really hates these players on 10:45 - May 1 with 410 viewsJuggsy

Paul Cook really hates these players on 08:50 - May 1 by PhilTWTD

Wouldn't surprise me if they were given some days off this week as it's the first for a while without a midweek game. Think they were in Thursday though when we did the press conferences.

Aw bless, they've had such a tough time of it.
Paul Cook really hates these players on 10:49 - May 1 with 398 viewsnoggin

Paul Cook really hates these players on 10:45 - May 1 by Juggsy

Aw bless, they've had such a tough time of it.

Come on! They need some free time to spend the money they've 'earned',
[Post edited 1 May 2021 11:19]

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Paul Cook really hates these players on 11:33 - May 1 with 349 viewsreusersfreekicks

Paul Cook really hates these players on 10:26 - May 1 by Vic

Guess it depends on your definition of full support! I totally think he’s the right manager for ITFC at the moment and have confidence he will build a better team over the next 18 months.

Despite that, none of us are perfect and he’s surprised me and I don’t think he’s been wise in some of the things he’s said and done over the last few weeks.

Such a measured approach will get you slagged off
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024