Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Online mechanical simulator, can anyone tell me where I saw it? 09:29 - May 1 with 647 viewsNthQldITFC

I seem to remember seeing a web application once where you could simulate a mechanical situation and test various simple designs, seeing what forces and moments would exist in your system. It would have allowed for levers, mechanical advantages, pulleys etc., and shown numerical values for force vectors in different setups.

I can't seem to find it now, can anyone help?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Online mechanical simulator, can anyone tell me where I saw it? on 09:50 - May 1 with 612 viewsRozz

Are you trying to test run the mechanisms to prove they work or actually look in depth at mechanical stress, heat transfers, etc? Presumably you have a model, and most CAD software will have native tools for the former.

In terms of a web tool though, would something like Simscale work? https://www.simscale.com/
I haven't used, so can't vouch. My experience is in simple product mechanics on Solidworks or Inventor.
Online mechanical simulator, can anyone tell me where I saw it? on 11:52 - May 1 with 557 viewsNthQldITFC

Online mechanical simulator, can anyone tell me where I saw it? on 09:50 - May 1 by Rozz

Are you trying to test run the mechanisms to prove they work or actually look in depth at mechanical stress, heat transfers, etc? Presumably you have a model, and most CAD software will have native tools for the former.

In terms of a web tool though, would something like Simscale work? https://www.simscale.com/
I haven't used, so can't vouch. My experience is in simple product mechanics on Solidworks or Inventor.

Many thanks for your advice.

My needs are pretty basic, just checking the forces involved as I modify a potential design involving a few levers and some pulleys. Not sure if I need to look at dynamics, or just get a feel for a range of static conditions. I have scope to adjust the angles via adjusting the length of the levers, but I would like to be able to dynamically see how the forces are changing in response. I should be able to do it mathematically but I'd like to at least check my workings with a visual tool.

Have signed up to simscale, will have a proper look at it later. Solidworks looks like it will do what I want, am wondering whether there are any Linux equivalents.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Online mechanical simulator, can anyone tell me where I saw it? on 11:54 - May 1 with 552 viewsWeWereZombies

Deary, deary me. Would you mind not putting your requests for sex toy advice on this forum...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024