Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norway, nil point 13:03 - May 1 with 660 viewsHARRY10

As some will have already seen another one of Johnson's lies hits reality (or project as his devotees would have)

Even as late as January the Lie Meister was in still in full flow

"Boris Johnson has promised British fishermen a Brexit "El Dorado" once problems caused by his new border bureaucracy have been dealt with"

Whereas the reality, as was explained before the referendum, and ad infinitum since, was that once out of the Common Fisheries Policy the UK would struggle to retain what it had in the EU. And once out of the EU and the economic clout it carried the UK would be on its own. An obvious weakness that was sold to the stupid as in fact, an advantage.

Jane Sandell chief executive of UK Fisheries ' criticised the government for failing "to deliver on all of the deals we previously had through the EU with third countries" (some might point out that was what the so called project fear persistently warned about).

Others might say that Hull fishermen are simply getting what they voted for, and none of this was unknown to them before.

However when listening to this incredibly stupid MEP (Lowestoft) you have to wonder what it would actually take for reality to sink in to her, or them. Quite disturbing to listen to someone who obviously hasn't any real idea of fishing tights, why the CFP exists and what it does.

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/james-obrien/brexit-fishing-ex-mep-june-m

Norway, nil point on 13:19 - May 1 with 583 viewsDarth_Koont

Issues around fishing were central to the Leave/Remain discussion during the referendum and in the subsequent 4 years of Brexit negotiations. And yet people are surprised by this now ...

I’m increasingly of the belief that we actually have the awful politicians and media we deserve. They’re a reflection of us and our inability to concentrate on the facts rather than the opinions.

Pronouns: He/Him

Norway, nil point on 13:56 - May 1 with 500 viewsBlueBadger

You were much funnier when you were defending Marcus Evans and Paul Lambert.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Norway, nil point on 14:09 - May 1 with 451 viewsPinewoodblue

When you say fishing tights do you mean fishnet tights.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Norway, nil point on 14:44 - May 1 with 404 viewsOldsmoker

Moaning about how we got here and who's to blame doesn't solve anything.
Prior to leaving, the Norway boats delivered the cod & haddock to the UK for our fish & chip shops and our boats delivered their catch to the EU markets.
Norway and Iceland continue their trade as they have an EU agreement and there's a transition period at the moment that allows them to carry on business as usual. Our boats are moored up because Norway and Iceland are not part of the EU and we have no agreement with those countries so can't fish in their waters anymore.
If this continues, and it will without an agreement, the UK fishing industry will go bankrupt as it mostly comprises of one owner/one boat or at best a small fleet of 2 or 3 boats. This suits those countries who operate within the EU agreement because it will be less competition when there's no UK boats.
Someone better pull their finger out and get the easiest trade deal in history completed pronto. We still hold all the cards don't we?

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024