Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sheffield Wednesday 13:34 - May 1 with 782 viewsMB26

Watching the Forest vs. Wednesday game (proper old school football tie that). Wednesday look destined to be joining us next season despite Westwood going from zero to hero just before half-time. Wondering if there's anyone worth trying to tempt down south with all thats gone on with the Chansiri regime?

Notable out of contracts:
Jordan Rhodes (well documented and discussed this week)
Tom Lees
Adam Reach
Kieran Westwood
Sam Hutchinson
Moses Odubajo

We may even be able to tempt the likes of Chey Dunkley or Massimo Luongo to Portman Road.

Sheffield Wednesday on 13:42 - May 1 with 727 viewsTrumptonBlue

I was a big fan of Odubajo when he was Orient - I saw him score a great goal in the playoff final at Wembley. He's had trouble with injury since and plays a similar role to KVY, so not sure if he's right for us at the moment.
Sheffield Wednesday on 13:45 - May 1 with 714 viewsChurchman

Most of these players’ best years are behind them and they are about to be relegated. I hope we can set our sights a little higher than that.
Sheffield Wednesday on 13:54 - May 1 with 669 viewsMB26

Sheffield Wednesday on 13:45 - May 1 by Churchman

Most of these players’ best years are behind them and they are about to be relegated. I hope we can set our sights a little higher than that.

I do agree that certainly some of them are past their best but they have performed significantly better than we did during our relegation season. Also, we've seen with the likes of Hull this season that there is a gulf in quality in terms of a struggling championship team to a high-flying L1 side.

Westwood would be a solid stop gap at goalkeeper for a season or more.
Sheffield Wednesday on 13:58 - May 1 with 638 viewsParisBlue

Hoping that Wednesday get at least a point and Derby lose so it's a straight shootout between them on the last day (they play each other).

Even better if Rotherham could pick up a win in one of their next 2 games (they have a game in hand)

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Sheffield Wednesday on 14:33 - May 1 with 533 viewsChurchman

Sheffield Wednesday on 13:54 - May 1 by MB26

I do agree that certainly some of them are past their best but they have performed significantly better than we did during our relegation season. Also, we've seen with the likes of Hull this season that there is a gulf in quality in terms of a struggling championship team to a high-flying L1 side.

Westwood would be a solid stop gap at goalkeeper for a season or more.

Watched a lot of the game and there’s nothing there to get excited about. Wednesday are poor, Forest little better. The one not past his best age wise is injury prone. We’ve enough of those. Westwood is 36. If we are to wheel in yet another has been, let’s get in a better one than that.

As for how we performed when relegated, that is not a good measure. We were disgraceful and were obviously going to be relegated at the end of August the previous year. I hope we can do better than Wednesday’s throw outs.
Sheffield Wednesday on 14:44 - May 1 with 508 viewsMB26

Sheffield Wednesday on 14:33 - May 1 by Churchman

Watched a lot of the game and there’s nothing there to get excited about. Wednesday are poor, Forest little better. The one not past his best age wise is injury prone. We’ve enough of those. Westwood is 36. If we are to wheel in yet another has been, let’s get in a better one than that.

As for how we performed when relegated, that is not a good measure. We were disgraceful and were obviously going to be relegated at the end of August the previous year. I hope we can do better than Wednesday’s throw outs.

Certainly wasnt a game filled with quality. I think goalkeepers are slightly different to outfield players. Westwood is a solid keeper on his day. I think Rhodes showed good movement in his 20 minute cameo. We just need to find service for whoever is our striker next season.

Yes we went down with the smallest whimper but considering they've have had a -6 point deduction they are arguably slightly better than where they are at present. I don't think we can be too picky when comes to players who may be past their best in the championship but more than good enough for L1.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024