Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yeah, we definitely need a new keeper don't we? 16:30 - May 1 with 1467 viewsDubtractor

Dreadful stuff

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Yeah, we definitely need a new keeper don't we? on 16:32 - May 1 with 1436 viewsjas0999

Yes we do!
Yeah, we definitely need a new keeper don't we? on 16:34 - May 1 with 1374 viewsLankHenners

Yep. Obviously Holy has looked shaky but the strong clamour for Cornell by some was always odd - he’s crap.

Keep whichever is easier/cheaper as a back up and get a new number 1 in.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Yeah, we definitely need a new keeper don't we? on 16:38 - May 1 with 1314 viewsDublinBlue84

Yeah, we definitely need a new keeper don't we? on 16:34 - May 1 by LankHenners

Yep. Obviously Holy has looked shaky but the strong clamour for Cornell by some was always odd - he’s crap.

Keep whichever is easier/cheaper as a back up and get a new number 1 in.

I don't get this Holy is better stuff, they're barely anything between them, they're both not good enough, but Cornell's last game was better than any of Holy's recent performances even if he's made a howler today.

For me Cornell is better with his feet and generally a better shot stopper on low shots, for which Holy is a liability, on the other side, Cornell appears to be more suspect to the kind of gaffe that he made today and obviously he doesn't have the reach.

They're both bang average keepers for this division at best.
[Post edited 1 May 2021 16:39]

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Yeah, we definitely need a new keeper don't we? on 16:39 - May 1 with 1275 viewslazyblue

Absolutely, Cornell Was only ok last week and that was so so poor , it’s cost us an easy win. Might not matter today but could do next season.
Yeah, we definitely need a new keeper don't we? on 16:41 - May 1 with 1252 viewsChrisd

Neither of them are good enough if you want promotion.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Yeah, we definitely need a new keeper don't we? on 16:41 - May 1 with 1249 viewslazyblue

Yeah, we definitely need a new keeper don't we? on 16:38 - May 1 by DublinBlue84

I don't get this Holy is better stuff, they're barely anything between them, they're both not good enough, but Cornell's last game was better than any of Holy's recent performances even if he's made a howler today.

For me Cornell is better with his feet and generally a better shot stopper on low shots, for which Holy is a liability, on the other side, Cornell appears to be more suspect to the kind of gaffe that he made today and obviously he doesn't have the reach.

Did you not see that low SLOW shot go past him?
Yeah, we definitely need a new keeper don't we? on 16:43 - May 1 with 1212 viewsLankHenners

Yeah, we definitely need a new keeper don't we? on 16:38 - May 1 by DublinBlue84

Cornell put in a Dean Gerkin performance last week (saved a few fairly comfortable efforts but looked petrified any time the ball was crossed into the box) as well as being hit by a penalty and for some reason people reacted like he was prime Buffon. Weird.

He’s not good and it’s strange that people pretend he is. I hope neither of them start in goal next season.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Yeah, we definitely need a new keeper don't we? on 16:52 - May 1 with 1132 viewsStewart27

Absolutely

In fact our defence/clean sheet stats are only ok because as a team we are so pedestrian. We don’t take risks or commit players forward. Every time we look under pressure we crack.
Login to get fewer ads

Yeah, we definitely need a new keeper don't we? on 17:00 - May 1 with 1052 viewsDubtractor

Yeah, we definitely need a new keeper don't we? on 16:52 - May 1 by Stewart27

Absolutely

In fact our defence/clean sheet stats are only ok because as a team we are so pedestrian. We don’t take risks or commit players forward. Every time we look under pressure we crack.

Exactly this. People say our defence is good, but really it's just that we have played so cautiously all season. We don't take risks, we don't overload teams, its all very safe.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Yeah, we definitely need a new keeper don't we? on 17:12 - May 1 with 991 viewsSteve_M

Yeah, we definitely need a new keeper don't we? on 16:43 - May 1 by LankHenners

Cornell put in a Dean Gerkin performance last week (saved a few fairly comfortable efforts but looked petrified any time the ball was crossed into the box) as well as being hit by a penalty and for some reason people reacted like he was prime Buffon. Weird.

He’s not good and it’s strange that people pretend he is. I hope neither of them start in goal next season.

I don't know, makes a change to seeing different errors rather than Holy showing the same failings week in week out.

I think Cornell deserves some credit for the penalty save last week for a bit of gamesmanship to put Piggott off but he didn't have a good game overall.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Yeah, we definitely need a new keeper don't we? on 19:02 - May 1 with 843 viewsITFC_Forever

Holy has never wholly convinced, and is better than Cornell.

Definately need a new first choice keeper.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024