Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Radio Suffolk - Where do they find these callers??? (n/t) 17:16 - May 1 with 3942 viewsWoolfenthen

Radio Suffolk - Where do they find these callers??? (n/t) on 17:24 - May 1 with 2739 viewsmichaeldownunder

Had to turn sound down
Radio Suffolk - Where do they find these callers??? (n/t) on 17:24 - May 1 with 2733 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Off here.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Radio Suffolk - Where do they find these callers??? (n/t) on 18:00 - May 1 with 2608 viewsquad

Radio Suffolk - Where do they find these callers??? (n/t) on 17:24 - May 1 by Cheltenham_Blue

Off here.

I just knew that someone would comment on it. Incredible wasn't it? :)
Radio Suffolk - Where do they find these callers??? (n/t) on 18:07 - May 1 with 2570 viewsgainsboroughblue

Radio Suffolk - Where do they find these callers??? (n/t) on 18:00 - May 1 by quad

I just knew that someone would comment on it. Incredible wasn't it? :)

Didn't listen. What was said?

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Radio Suffolk - Where do they find these callers??? (n/t) on 18:09 - May 1 with 2560 viewsquad

Radio Suffolk - Where do they find these callers??? (n/t) on 18:07 - May 1 by gainsboroughblue

Didn't listen. What was said?

Some old boy was saying that ITFC got rid of Lambert too quickly and that he should have been given longer to try and get ITFC in the playoffs and bringing in Cook before the end of the season was a big mistake.
Radio Suffolk - Where do they find these callers??? (n/t) on 18:11 - May 1 with 2531 viewschrismakin

Radio Suffolk - Where do they find these callers??? (n/t) on 18:09 - May 1 by quad

Some old boy was saying that ITFC got rid of Lambert too quickly and that he should have been given longer to try and get ITFC in the playoffs and bringing in Cook before the end of the season was a big mistake.

In part he's right

Cook should have come in either december, or May, not Feb It was completely the wrong time to do it.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Radio Suffolk - Where do they find these callers??? (n/t) on 18:13 - May 1 with 2512 viewspositivity

Radio Suffolk - Where do they find these callers??? (n/t) on 18:11 - May 1 by chrismakin

In part he's right

Cook should have come in either december, or May, not Feb It was completely the wrong time to do it.

earlier would've been better, but they needed to move while he was still available.

may would've almost certainly been worse

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Radio Suffolk - Where do they find these callers??? (n/t) on 18:13 - May 1 with 2509 viewsMeadowlark

Suffolk.
Login to get fewer ads

Radio Suffolk - Where do they find these callers??? (n/t) on 18:19 - May 1 with 2468 viewsBlueBadger

Radio Suffolk - Where do they find these callers??? (n/t) on 17:24 - May 1 by Cheltenham_Blue

Off here.

Nah. They're the people who find the News comments too challenging, never mind the intellectual cut-and-thrust that is this place.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Radio Suffolk - Where do they find these callers??? (n/t) on 18:20 - May 1 with 2467 viewspointofblue

Radio Suffolk - Where do they find these callers??? (n/t) on 18:11 - May 1 by chrismakin

In part he's right

I think most people think a new manager should have come in in December 2019 at the latest. As it is Cook should have been given the January transfer window and have to wonder if the Covid outbreak at the club resulted in the whole situation being prolonged. Ask 100 fans in February, though, and I think 99 would have still said sack Lambert and bring Cook in now rather than wait until the end of the season.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Radio Suffolk - Where do they find these callers??? (n/t) on 18:23 - May 1 with 2453 viewsquad

In part he's right

I get what you're saying but not sure it would have made much difference if he'd come in December because he wouldn't have realised how gutless the players are straight away. They need to clear out a lot of the deadwood before bringing better players in and don't know if enough would have been done in the transfer window previously.

Personally I like Cook and his honesty and I think he will be able to turn things around if he's given enough time. I might be wrong though. But I do now blame the vast majority of the players entirely.
Radio Suffolk - Where do they find these callers??? (n/t) on 18:46 - May 1 with 2376 viewsThe_Major

There was also the lunatic who texted in demanded that "Paul Cook gets out of my club".

Speechless.
Radio Suffolk - Where do they find these callers??? (n/t) on 18:47 - May 1 with 2369 viewschrismakin

Radio Suffolk - Where do they find these callers??? (n/t) on 18:46 - May 1 by The_Major

There was also the lunatic who texted in demanded that "Paul Cook gets out of my club".

Speechless.

that was Haynes

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Radio Suffolk - Where do they find these callers??? (n/t) on 18:50 - May 1 with 2340 viewsGlasgowBlue

Radio Suffolk - Where do they find these callers??? (n/t) on 18:09 - May 1 by quad

I don't disagree. Lambert should have gone months before he did. But sacking him when we were nine points off 2nd with 3 games in hand, and bringing in a new man who didn't know the players and experimented with tactics and formation every single game, was unnecessarily disruptive.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Radio Suffolk - Where do they find these callers??? (n/t) on 18:53 - May 1 with 2332 viewsquad

Radio Suffolk - Where do they find these callers??? (n/t) on 18:47 - May 1 by chrismakin

that was Haynes

Radio Suffolk - Where do they find these callers??? (n/t) on 18:55 - May 1 with 2308 viewsBlueBadger

Radio Suffolk - Where do they find these callers??? (n/t) on 18:50 - May 1 by GlasgowBlue

I don't disagree. Lambert should have gone months before he did. But sacking him when we were nine points off 2nd with 3 games in hand, and bringing in a new man who didn't know the players and experimented with tactics and formation every single game, was unnecessarily disruptive.

As opposed to the sitting incumbent who famously never experimented with different tactics and formations every game?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Radio Suffolk - Where do they find these callers??? (n/t) on 18:58 - May 1 with 2296 viewsBlueBadger

Nice to know that Garv is still flying the flag for Free Beers and Improved Football.

Radio Suffolk - Where do they find these callers??? (n/t) on 19:01 - May 1 with 2301 viewsquad

Radio Suffolk - Where do they find these callers??? (n/t) on 18:20 - May 1 by pointofblue

I think most people think a new manager should have come in in December 2019 at the latest. As it is Cook should have been given the January transfer window and have to wonder if the Covid outbreak at the club resulted in the whole situation being prolonged. Ask 100 fans in February, though, and I think 99 would have still said sack Lambert and bring Cook in now rather than wait until the end of the season.

I agree 99% would still have sacked him in February and not waited till the end of the season. I would have been one of them, No offence to anyone but most people were expecting some sort of spirit and fight from the players with a new manager and not been the absolute shower of sh*te that they have been since Cook came in. And the last 3 wins under Lambert weren't exactly convincing, just papered over the cracks.
Radio Suffolk - Where do they find these callers??? (n/t) on 19:03 - May 1 with 2269 viewsBlueBadger

Radio Suffolk - Where do they find these callers??? (n/t) on 18:23 - May 1 by quad

I get what you're saying but not sure it would have made much difference if he'd come in December because he wouldn't have realised how gutless the players are straight away. They need to clear out a lot of the deadwood before bringing better players in and don't know if enough would have been done in the transfer window previously.

Personally I like Cook and his honesty and I think he will be able to turn things around if he's given enough time. I might be wrong though. But I do now blame the vast majority of the players entirely.

He'd have been able to mitigate some of the worst of the losers by bringing in replacements though.

And he certainly wouldn't have brought in the 58 pointless loans that Lambert did.

Radio Suffolk - Where do they find these callers??? (n/t) on 19:09 - May 1 with 2246 viewsJ2BLUE

Radio Suffolk - Where do they find these callers??? (n/t) on 18:50 - May 1 by GlasgowBlue

As I asked you last time, what would you have done?

Evans had backed himself into a corner. He was slow to act.

The choices he had left:

1) Try and do a deal with Lambert to leave at the end of the season and announce it. A no go due to Lambert's ego.

2) Leave Lambert in charge. His position was untenable.

3) Put Gill in charge until the end of the season. I believe this is what you said in the last thread. The fans would have gone ape sh1t as Cowleys and Cook disappeared from the market and we had stuck Gill in charge.

4) Go and get Cook. His only option due to his own indecisiveness.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Radio Suffolk - Where do they find these callers??? (n/t) on 19:10 - May 1 with 2229 viewsGlasgowBlue

Radio Suffolk - Where do they find these callers??? (n/t) on 19:09 - May 1 by J2BLUE

As I asked you last time, what would you have done?

Evans had backed himself into a corner. He was slow to act.

The choices he had left:

1) Try and do a deal with Lambert to leave at the end of the season and announce it. A no go due to Lambert's ego.

2) Leave Lambert in charge. His position was untenable.

3) Put Gill in charge until the end of the season. I believe this is what you said in the last thread. The fans would have gone ape sh1t as Cowleys and Cook disappeared from the market and we had stuck Gill in charge.

4) Go and get Cook. His only option due to his own indecisiveness.

Put Cook on a retainer and kept some continuity with Gill if Lambert had to go.

A manager should be treated no differently to a player. Had we kept Lambert Evans could have quite reasonably said "Thanks Paul but we feel we can now do better in the Championship under a new manager". We do that with players all the time.

Also the buyout was underway. The new owners could quite rightly put in their own man at the end of the season.
[Post edited 1 May 2021 19:13]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Radio Suffolk - Where do they find these callers??? (n/t) on 19:13 - May 1 with 2226 viewsJ2BLUE

Radio Suffolk - Where do they find these callers??? (n/t) on 19:10 - May 1 by GlasgowBlue

Put Cook on a retainer and kept some continuity with Gill if Lambert had to go.

A manager should be treated no differently to a player. Had we kept Lambert Evans could have quite reasonably said "Thanks Paul but we feel we can now do better in the Championship under a new manager". We do that with players all the time.

Also the buyout was underway. The new owners could quite rightly put in their own man at the end of the season.
[Post edited 1 May 2021 19:13]

You wanted Evans to say to Cook, "look I know we're nine point away from the play offs with three games in hand but I just don't think you've got what it takes to get us in there so i'm giving it to Gill".

You think Cook would have accepted it? You have the benefit of hindsight. I am not the type to go back looking through your posts but i'd be amazed iof that was your position at the time.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Radio Suffolk - Where do they find these callers??? (n/t) on 19:17 - May 1 with 2190 viewsBlueBadger

Radio Suffolk - Where do they find these callers??? (n/t) on 18:20 - May 1 by pointofblue

Covid definitely, 100% kept Lambert in a job. Without fans in the ground to offer 'feedback' he was able to gaslight Evans for far, far too long.

Radio Suffolk - Where do they find these callers??? (n/t) on 19:26 - May 1 with 2150 viewsBlueBadger

Radio Suffolk - Where do they find these callers??? (n/t) on 19:01 - May 1 by quad

I agree 99% would still have sacked him in February and not waited till the end of the season. I would have been one of them, No offence to anyone but most people were expecting some sort of spirit and fight from the players with a new manager and not been the absolute shower of sh*te that they have been since Cook came in. And the last 3 wins under Lambert weren't exactly convincing, just papered over the cracks.

He should have been sacked in May 2019.

He got us relegated without a fight and then persisted in playing loanees and part-timers who were never going to feature in a full season in a series of rotating systems and formations.

Whichever way you look at it, even if it was a 'free hit', he still managed to fail at it.

Radio Suffolk - Where do they find these callers??? (n/t) on 20:52 - May 1 with 1991 viewszebra

Radio Suffolk - Where do they find these callers??? (n/t) on 17:24 - May 1 by michaeldownunder

Had to turn sound down

This 'old man' had every right to call Radio Suffolk with his views. His opinion, obviously not in line with several commentators on here, is as valid as any other's. Be kind, people. We are all entitled to our opinion - the 'woke' generation who try to kill diversity of opinion are more of a concern/threat than a caller to a radio station expressing views you don't agree with.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024