Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwood. Goal Ratio and Club Captain. 09:47 - May 2 with 2743 viewsOriginalMarkyP

I've been really critical of Cook and some of his man management on here.

But I think giving Norwood the armband might just be a stroke of genius.

So...forget his social media, love of loathe it.

He is very popular amongst his teammates.
He (apparently) is one of the best trainers at the club.
We can all see when he's on the pitch he always gives 110% (sometimes to his detriment when coming back from injury).
I think when you rebulid a squad, you need a captain who links the old and the new.
He is a strong character and has hardness to his game that we need.
He is all about winning.

And...his goal scoring ratio since he's been here is Started 41 games. Scored. 20.

When was the last time we had that? 41:20.

And he's done that consistently throughout his career.

I hope Cook gives the armband to him permanently.

Norwood's interview in the EADT make interesting reading. I think Cook might be about to get this one right.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Norwood. Goal Ratio and Club Captain. on 10:38 - May 2 with 2000 viewsBlueBadger

'He is one of the best trainers' about someone who's been overweight and unfit much of the season doesn't say much for the rest of them.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Norwood. Goal Ratio and Club Captain. on 10:40 - May 2 with 1996 viewsHerbivore

Christ on a bike. Some people are easily won over by a penalty and a tap in against a Swindon side who are already down.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Norwood. Goal Ratio and Club Captain. on 10:43 - May 2 with 1968 viewsKeno

Norwood. Goal Ratio and Club Captain. on 10:38 - May 2 by BlueBadger

'He is one of the best trainers' about someone who's been overweight and unfit much of the season doesn't say much for the rest of them.

Saying Norwood is "one of the best trainers' is like saying I am one of the most intelligent, sane and coherent posters on TWTD

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Norwood. Goal Ratio and Club Captain. on 11:02 - May 2 with 1916 viewsRedX

"He is very popular amongst his teammates"

Maybe that has been one of our biggest problems this season.
Norwood. Goal Ratio and Club Captain. on 11:22 - May 2 with 1856 viewsPositivelyPortman

I’m with you, but watch the usual gang pile in with the negativity.
He didn’t have any kind of injury problems until he came to Town.
When we signed Garner from Rangers, everybody loved him as he wound up the opposition and was always in trouble - a very similar player to Norwood in fact.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Norwood. Goal Ratio and Club Captain. on 11:24 - May 2 with 1849 viewslazyblue

Unlike most on here I have no problem with Norwood being made captain as of all those players on the pitch he wants to be a winner and we are a different team with him in it.
Norwood. Goal Ratio and Club Captain. on 11:31 - May 2 with 1812 viewsHerbivore

Norwood. Goal Ratio and Club Captain. on 11:22 - May 2 by PositivelyPortman

When we signed Garner from Rangers, everybody loved him as he wound up the opposition and was always in trouble - a very similar player to Norwood in fact.

He was carrying an injury when he joined us.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Norwood. Goal Ratio and Club Captain. on 11:33 - May 2 with 1802 viewschrismakin

Garner wasnt a pri ck tho.

Thus the problem.

Nors spends his time baiting on social media
Doesnt concentrate on fitness
Loves to have a bevy and go driving
Chooses very distasteful fancy dress options.

All in all. He comes across as a complete pri ck.

Hopefully I'm wrong and hes a nice fluffy fella.

But from speaking to tranmere fans he had alot of off field issues there. They put up with it as they as a club couldn't do better than Norwood.

I believe we can. So shouldn't put up with his antics.

But. If he got his head down. Trained. Got fit. Left the games alone. He might be worth saving. But that's a big if for me.
[Post edited 2 May 2021 11:35]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Login to get fewer ads

Norwood. Goal Ratio and Club Captain. on 11:46 - May 2 with 1753 viewsJ2BLUE

Cornell saves a penalty and people wanted him made captain.

Norwood scores a couple of goals and people want him to have the armband permanently.

I'm not necessarily saying he shouldn't get it but you're reading far too much into one game. We're about to sign at least ten players. Maybe one of them will be proper captain material? You have to remember that Chambers was on the bench and these games are meaningless. Who goes to do the pre match hand shake is irrelevant at the moment.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Norwood. Goal Ratio and Club Captain. on 12:12 - May 2 with 1702 viewsElephantintheRoom

You might be over-egging this one - he's probably one of the few guaranteed to be here next season. Nobody will want such an erratic and injury-prone performer. - and he may well be the highest earner at the club, so it might be more of a last chance salloon effort to try and instill a modicum of professionalism out of him.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Norwood. Goal Ratio and Club Captain. on 12:16 - May 2 with 1690 viewsITFC_Forever

Keep him fit and create chances, and he will score 20 a season.

He might miss some as well, but if he didn’t, he’d be playing at a higher level.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Norwood. Goal Ratio and Club Captain. on 13:01 - May 2 with 1643 viewsBlueBadger

...part from the tedious online banta, the alleged drink driving, the injuries and the utterly lack of ability and/or willingness to get himself fit.

What I don't get is the same people who bemoan a culture of mediocrity will make any number of excuses for Norwood's.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Norwood. Goal Ratio and Club Captain. on 13:02 - May 2 with 1640 viewsBlueBadger

Norwood. Goal Ratio and Club Captain. on 10:40 - May 2 by Herbivore

Christ on a bike. Some people are easily won over by a penalty and a tap in against a Swindon side who are already down.

Interestingly enough they're quite often those who've spent a lot of the Evans era railing against a culture of mediocrity.

Norwood. Goal Ratio and Club Captain. on 13:12 - May 2 with 1625 viewsC_Jam_Blue

Good to see him in the goals and leading the team well yesterday but a bit of perspective. I would be surprised if we gave the armband to a 30yr old injury prone striker. I would imagine a reliable, high quality striker who can fire us to promotion is pretty much top of Paul Cook's wish list. Norwood could be crucial coming off the bench and when we need to throw two up top when chasing games but I think that is likely to be the extent of hos role next season. He may not be happy in that role but I think it is what he will need to get used to next season.
Norwood. Goal Ratio and Club Captain. on 13:57 - May 2 with 1561 viewsPositivelyPortman

Norwood. Goal Ratio and Club Captain. on 13:01 - May 2 by BlueBadger

...part from the tedious online banta, the alleged drink driving, the injuries and the utterly lack of ability and/or willingness to get himself fit.

What I don't get is the same people who bemoan a culture of mediocrity will make any number of excuses for Norwood's.

“Lack of ability”?
Top scorer two seasons running albeit in a poor team.
You’re another one who seems to follow his every move on social media too.

Norwood. Goal Ratio and Club Captain. on 14:00 - May 2 with 1549 viewsStokieBlue

Norwood. Goal Ratio and Club Captain. on 13:57 - May 2 by PositivelyPortman

“Lack of ability”?
Top scorer two seasons running albeit in a poor team.
You’re another one who seems to follow his every move on social media too.

Joint top scorer, Jackson score the same number of goals and got more assists last season.

Given Jackson is apparently total pony that's not a great reflection on Norwood is it especially given he was playing his favoured position the whole time whilst Jackson wasn't?

SB
[Post edited 2 May 2021 14:01]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Norwood. Goal Ratio and Club Captain. on 14:32 - May 2 with 1487 viewsGuthrum

He's the only one of our current strikers who is consistently effective. Giving him responsibility might calm down some of the other stuff.

However, he has only managed to start 41 games in the last two seasons. Less than 45%. It is a considerable issue if your captain is going to be missing more than half the time, not to mention your main goalscorer. If he can't sort that out, then there is no point in giving him the armband as he will be little more than a bit-part player.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Norwood. Goal Ratio and Club Captain. on 15:12 - May 2 with 1417 viewshoppy

Norwood. Goal Ratio and Club Captain. on 14:00 - May 2 by StokieBlue

Joint top scorer, Jackson score the same number of goals and got more assists last season.

Given Jackson is apparently total pony that's not a great reflection on Norwood is it especially given he was playing his favoured position the whole time whilst Jackson wasn't?

SB

But this season, Jackson has scored just 1 goal
In 24 appearances... Norwood has 9 in 26 appearances.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Norwood. Goal Ratio and Club Captain. on 16:19 - May 2 with 1329 viewsPositivelyPortman

SB

Ok joint top scorer - happy?
He did as well as Jackson then. Did anybody else force themselves into the side and do any better?
Quite a reasonable return for a badly functioning team.
Suck it up if he’s here next season then. Call yourself a supporter?
Christ knows what you’d be like if he hadn’t scored any goals season.
[Post edited 2 May 2021 16:22]

Norwood. Goal Ratio and Club Captain. on 16:26 - May 2 with 1303 viewsITFC_Forever

SB

Jackson is not total pony, just not being played in a system which suits him.

When Norwood and Jackson played together in the first third of last season, they looked like they were forming a useful partnership.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Norwood. Goal Ratio and Club Captain. on 16:27 - May 2 with 1301 viewsPositivelyPortman

Norwood. Goal Ratio and Club Captain. on 13:02 - May 2 by BlueBadger

Interestingly enough they're quite often those who've spent a lot of the Evans era railing against a culture of mediocrity.

Have you just discovered the term ‘culture of mediocrity’ by any chance?
Type it again love.
You’re as negative as Stoke Blue and need to lighten up.

Norwood. Goal Ratio and Club Captain. on 16:29 - May 2 with 1294 viewsPositivelyPortman

Norwood. Goal Ratio and Club Captain. on 15:12 - May 2 by hoppy

But this season, Jackson has scored just 1 goal
In 24 appearances... Norwood has 9 in 26 appearances.

Don’t confuse him Hoppy.

Norwood. Goal Ratio and Club Captain. on 18:06 - May 2 with 1191 viewshaynes_toe1

I'm so confused.

Last week all the players were absolute wasters who were purposefully out to ruin the fantastic Paul Cook in any way possible.

Now, after one game, a striker who hasn't been bothered about keeping himself fit, alleged drink driving, stupidity on social media and god knows what else - is suddenly the deserving club captain?

This forum...
Norwood. Goal Ratio and Club Captain. on 18:33 - May 2 with 1166 viewsGeoffSentence

Norwood. Goal Ratio and Club Captain. on 10:40 - May 2 by Herbivore

To dismiss his second goal as a 'tap in' is to really run it down. It was an excellent poachers goal, he anticipated that back pass and was on to it almost before it had been made. Really quick thinking from him and finished off well too.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Norwood. Goal Ratio and Club Captain. on 18:38 - May 2 with 1143 viewsSuperfrans

Norwood. Goal Ratio and Club Captain. on 11:33 - May 2 by chrismakin

Garner wasnt a pri ck tho.

Thus the problem.

Nors spends his time baiting on social media
Doesnt concentrate on fitness
Loves to have a bevy and go driving
Chooses very distasteful fancy dress options.

All in all. He comes across as a complete pri ck.

Hopefully I'm wrong and hes a nice fluffy fella.

But from speaking to tranmere fans he had alot of off field issues there. They put up with it as they as a club couldn't do better than Norwood.

I believe we can. So shouldn't put up with his antics.

But. If he got his head down. Trained. Got fit. Left the games alone. He might be worth saving. But that's a big if for me.
[Post edited 2 May 2021 11:35]

Genuinely, if we can go out and find another striker or two who can give us a goal every two games, I’d happily let Norwood go.

But we cant, so we need to accept him as one of ours. And enjoy him while he’s with us.
[Post edited 2 May 2021 18:38]

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024