Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting. My previous post on Norwood. 11:41 - May 2 with 2285 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Lots of negative comments about his 'character', not one on his performance stats/goal ratio.

Perhaps because they are statistics that you can't argue with. So let's just ignore them. We are going to be buying people on a statistical performance model going forward, not on a social media model. Games aren't played on Twitter after all.
[Post edited 2 May 2021 11:42]

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Interesting. My previous post on Norwood. on 11:43 - May 2 with 1668 viewschrismakin

Shall we sign ched Evans.. fairly good goal record.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Interesting. My previous post on Norwood. on 11:46 - May 2 with 1633 viewsWD19

He is our 'main man' striker in a side that didn't score anywhere enough goals and failed dismally to get out of Division 3. Part of the reason he didn't score enough goals is because he doesn't look after himself, so his lack of participation at times is not a mitigating factor.

Stats innit. Not enough appearances. Not enough goals. Not enough points.
Interesting. My previous post on Norwood. on 11:47 - May 2 with 1646 viewsJ2BLUE

This definitely needed a new thread.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Interesting. My previous post on Norwood. on 11:50 - May 2 with 1629 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Interesting. My previous post on Norwood. on 11:43 - May 2 by chrismakin

Shall we sign ched Evans.. fairly good goal record.

I'd be careful posting that. Totally different. Ched Evans was acquitted. And that really is a very sick and ugly comparison. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Interesting. My previous post on Norwood. on 11:51 - May 2 with 1616 viewsStokieBlue

It's not just about Twitter though is it - what about his legal issues and things like the blackface posts which are awful.

Using your logic we should sign all the undesirable players we can as long as the stats are good - that's clearly nonsense and I doubt many would want Town taking that approach.

Like it or not, the days of separate between on the pitch and off the pitch behaviour are long gone and in my opinion that's a good thing.

SB
[Post edited 2 May 2021 11:51]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Interesting. My previous post on Norwood. on 11:53 - May 2 with 1586 viewschrismakin

Interesting. My previous post on Norwood. on 11:50 - May 2 by OriginalMarkyP

I'd be careful posting that. Totally different. Ched Evans was acquitted. And that really is a very sick and ugly comparison. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Dont need to apologise. Your op said off the field stuff doesnt matter. I'm asking if youd be happy to sign ched Evans. Simple yes or no.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Interesting. My previous post on Norwood. on 11:54 - May 2 with 1568 viewsITFC_Jenx

Agreed, although in interviews Cook has put a high emphasis on character for next season.

A lot of this is negative cycles. When Town were flying at the start of last season not many were questioning his character then. In fact many were happy how down to earth he seemed and how much fun his Twitter GIFS were.

I don't think you can ignore though that he does need multiple chances. A high quality ST signed this summer will take some of the burden off him and probably make for a better player next season.
Interesting. My previous post on Norwood. on 11:55 - May 2 with 1567 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Interesting. My previous post on Norwood. on 11:53 - May 2 by chrismakin

Dont need to apologise. Your op said off the field stuff doesnt matter. I'm asking if youd be happy to sign ched Evans. Simple yes or no.

I didn't say anything about apologising. And you know what you were alluding to. And you know it's wrong.

Login to get fewer ads

Interesting. My previous post on Norwood. on 11:55 - May 2 with 1558 viewsHerbivore

20 goals in 2 seasons isn't a great return.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Interesting. My previous post on Norwood. on 11:56 - May 2 with 1546 viewsWD19

Sick and ugly in what way? You have just said yourself that Ched Evans was acquitted, so does that make Norwood better or worse if he is not!? Its not clear from your post on which side of the argument you are getting offended.
Interesting. My previous post on Norwood. on 11:57 - May 2 with 1545 viewschrismakin

Interesting. My previous post on Norwood. on 11:55 - May 2 by OriginalMarkyP

I didn't say anything about apologising. And you know what you were alluding to. And you know it's wrong.

It's not wrong at all.

Different situations. But you basically said off the field antics doesnt matter. So my question which you still havent answered is would you sign ched Evans based on your feelings that off the field antics doesnt matter.

Interesting. My previous post on Norwood. on 11:58 - May 2 with 1535 viewsfooters

He gets two goals against a relegated team and all of a suddent he's amazing. Lol.

Bin him off, he's a joke. But nice to see he has a little fanclub.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Interesting. My previous post on Norwood. on 11:59 - May 2 with 1532 viewschrismakin

Interesting. My previous post on Norwood. on 11:54 - May 2 by ITFC_Jenx

Agreed, although in interviews Cook has put a high emphasis on character for next season.

A lot of this is negative cycles. When Town were flying at the start of last season not many were questioning his character then. In fact many were happy how down to earth he seemed and how much fun his Twitter GIFS were.

I don't think you can ignore though that he does need multiple chances. A high quality ST signed this summer will take some of the burden off him and probably make for a better player next season.

Problem is his negative antics didnt start until he was out if action for a while. Since then hes gone total Sunday league.

Interesting. My previous post on Norwood. on 11:59 - May 2 with 1523 viewsBlueandTruesince82

It's a good point though.

Yes statistics will play a part in recruitment but so will character, one of the issue in the squad the moment is a lack of good character.

Equally if Evans was acquitted you can't then be offended by the comparison can you.... unless you think justice wasn't done in which case the poster has a point.

For the record I'd keep Nors as I think he is a goal scorer if fit

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Interesting. My previous post on Norwood. on 12:03 - May 2 with 1496 viewsHerbivore

Interesting. My previous post on Norwood. on 11:58 - May 2 by footers

He gets two goals against a relegated team and all of a suddent he's amazing. Lol.

Bin him off, he's a joke. But nice to see he has a little fanclub.

Given the extent of the overreaction to him scoring a couple of easy goals against relegated Swindon, I'm counting down the minutes until someone suggests we rename a stand after him.

Interesting. My previous post on Norwood. on 12:05 - May 2 with 1477 viewsfooters

Interesting. My previous post on Norwood. on 12:03 - May 2 by Herbivore

Given the extent of the overreaction to him scoring a couple of easy goals against relegated Swindon, I'm counting down the minutes until someone suggests we rename a stand after him.

I just don't understand the lack of ambition some seem to have. We have new owners and are about to undergo a huge rebuild. Why anyone would want to keep a waster like him around the place I have no clue. If he's not good enough for the Championship, he's no longer good for us and where we want to be. Simples.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Interesting. My previous post on Norwood. on 12:17 - May 2 with 1414 viewsLeaky

Interesting. My previous post on Norwood. on 11:55 - May 2 by Herbivore

It probably is in this team. Considering the time he's had out injured. The club needs to seriously look at our physio dept.
Interesting. My previous post on Norwood. on 14:12 - May 2 with 1324 viewsIllinoisblue

Interesting. My previous post on Norwood. on 11:59 - May 2 by chrismakin

Problem is his negative antics didnt start until he was out if action for a while. Since then hes gone total Sunday league.

Can you give details of these “negative antics” .

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Interesting. My previous post on Norwood. on 14:13 - May 2 with 1314 viewschrismakin

Interesting. My previous post on Norwood. on 14:12 - May 2 by Illinoisblue

Can you give details of these “negative antics” .

been discussed many times over the months,

Interesting. My previous post on Norwood. on 14:15 - May 2 with 1307 viewsPinewoodblue

He doesn’t start enough games.

He doesn’t finish enough games he starts

He doesn’t score enough goals

Is that better for you?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Interesting. My previous post on Norwood. on 14:22 - May 2 with 1289 viewsDarth_Koont

It’s undeniable that he made us better when he was on the pitch. Would that be the same in an otherwise functioning team? Maybe not but no evidence yet to suggest he wouldn’t.

I think the problem is that based on the fact that he has been/is still a relatively important player for us, then all that’s left is people saying they don’t like him.

Which iIMHO is something they really need to get over themselves, rather than doubling down on.

Pronouns: He/Him

Interesting. My previous post on Norwood. on 14:49 - May 2 with 1243 viewsstopmoaning

Norwood is by far our best striker, and can get goals at this level, he should be with Town next year.

And those saying no one would want him if he left are completely deluded.
Interesting. My previous post on Norwood. on 15:51 - May 2 with 1149 viewsGarv

Interesting. My previous post on Norwood. on 12:03 - May 2 by Herbivore

So we're ignoring the other sides he's scored against this season then? E.g Peterborough, Portsmouth, Hull City.

We've been having this same argument for most of the season.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Interesting. My previous post on Norwood. on 16:33 - May 2 with 1049 viewsPositivelyPortman

Interesting. My previous post on Norwood. on 11:55 - May 2 by Herbivore

It’s better than anyone else could muster - and he’s been injured too.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Interesting. My previous post on Norwood. on 17:16 - May 2 with 989 viewsHerbivore

Interesting. My previous post on Norwood. on 16:33 - May 2 by PositivelyPortman

It’s better than anyone else could muster - and he’s been injured too.

He's still started more games than any of our other strikers. That he's done better than the others isn't really much of an endorsement.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024