Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can't see this game going ahead 16:27 - May 2 with 1582 viewsGarv

If the teams are still stuck at the hotel.

Anyone else surprised that Sky haven't condemned the scenes, at least a bit (unless I've missed it)?

Some absolute numpties on that pitch who won't give a crap either way about ownership of the club or the ESL, they're just there for a laugh and to cause criminal damage.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Can't see this game going ahead on 16:33 - May 2 with 1526 views26_Paz

Looks like they’re clearing the route to the stadium so hopefully will go ahead.
Yes, I agree re sky. No matter how much you may sympathise with the fans cause I’m very surprised they haven’t said this is the wrong way to go about it.

The Paz Man

Can't see this game going ahead on 16:48 - May 2 with 1450 viewsvapour_trail

Hopefully it’ll be cancelled. My opponent in my fantasy league has four starters whereas I’ve only two, and he’s a few points ahead of me currently.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Can't see this game going ahead on 17:01 - May 2 with 1411 viewsLankHenners

Not watching but if Neville, Carragher et al condemned it they'd immediately lose all the credibility they have from slamming the super league in the first place. They can't be supportive of (and even encourage) people to take a stand then start pearl clutching when they do it.

Regarding your last line, regardless of the extent to which that's true, it's utterly irrelevant.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Can't see this game going ahead on 17:18 - May 2 with 1305 viewsGarv

Can't see this game going ahead on 17:01 - May 2 by LankHenners

Not watching but if Neville, Carragher et al condemned it they'd immediately lose all the credibility they have from slamming the super league in the first place. They can't be supportive of (and even encourage) people to take a stand then start pearl clutching when they do it.

Regarding your last line, regardless of the extent to which that's true, it's utterly irrelevant.

Not sure I agree entirely but I see your point.

To be honest, it probably isn't, or shouldn't be, the job of Neville and Carragher etc ​to condemn those scenes.

The right to protest these days appears to be considered the right to trespass, vandalise and be a general bell.

Can't see this game going ahead on 17:37 - May 2 with 1221 viewsLankHenners

Can't see this game going ahead on 17:18 - May 2 by Garv

Not sure I agree entirely but I see your point.

To be honest, it probably isn't, or shouldn't be, the job of Neville and Carragher etc ​to condemn those scenes.

The right to protest these days appears to be considered the right to trespass, vandalise and be a general bell.

a) "these days"?????

b) The focus shouldn't be on anyone just turning up to muck about but the wider point of the protest itself. Unfortunately too many focus on the much smaller number because it's helpful to deflect away from the actual issue at hand.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Can't see this game going ahead on 17:40 - May 2 with 1197 viewsSitfcB

Off.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Can't see this game going ahead on 17:41 - May 2 with 1181 viewsvapour_trail

Can't see this game going ahead on 17:40 - May 2 by SitfcB

Off.

Points to Liverpool then?

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Can't see this game going ahead on 18:18 - May 2 with 1089 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Owners have brought this on themselves with the ESL etc.

Fans have been pushed to breaking point.

Don't condone violence if any occurred, but this had caught the world's attention and is realistically the only way the owners (and other owners) will listen.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Login to get fewer ads

Can't see this game going ahead on 19:22 - May 2 with 954 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Can't see this game going ahead on 09:39 - May 3 with 782 viewsGarv

Can't see this game going ahead on 18:18 - May 2 by Marshalls_Mullet

Owners have brought this on themselves with the ESL etc.

Fans have been pushed to breaking point.

Don't condone violence if any occurred, but this had caught the world's attention and is realistically the only way the owners (and other owners) will listen.

The only way to get owners to listen was to attack the police?

I don't mean to pick on you but I've lost count over the last 24 hours of how many times someone has said 'not condoning it but'... instantly followed by a statement clearly condoning it.

Can't see this game going ahead on 10:05 - May 3 with 744 views26_Paz

Can't see this game going ahead on 09:39 - May 3 by Garv

I don't mean to pick on you but I've lost count over the last 24 hours of how many times someone has said 'not condoning it but'... instantly followed by a statement clearly condoning it.

BBC have been far more critical. I think Sky may regret some of their initial reaction.

The Paz Man

Can't see this game going ahead on 10:27 - May 3 with 717 viewsRyorry

Can't see this game going ahead on 09:39 - May 3 by Garv

I'd have thought anyway that not buying their products (online streaming, merchandise etc) - particularly not buying match tickets when fans are allowed to return to the ground, so that images go round the world of their stadium being still empty when those at other grounds are starting to fill up - would hit the Glazers harder.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024