Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Talking of disappointing endings to TV shows 12:40 - May 3 with 5426 viewsIllinoisblue

What was worse: The Wire’s season 5 fake serial killer nonsense. Or the Sopranos black screen?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Talking of disappointing endings to TV shows on 12:43 - May 3 with 2566 viewsfooters

I'm still pissed off about Crossroads.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Talking of disappointing endings to TV shows on 12:45 - May 3 with 2557 viewsWeWereZombies

Talking of disappointing endings to TV shows on 12:43 - May 3 by footers

Really?? I thought it was Britney's finest hour...and thirty four minutes...

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Talking of disappointing endings to TV shows on 12:45 - May 3 with 2557 viewsfactual_blue

Yes.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Talking of disappointing endings to TV shows on 12:45 - May 3 with 2562 viewsMullet

How did anyone get to episode 5 let alone season 5 of the Wire? The Bill for pretentious people innit.

I thought the Sopranos ending was decent enough to be fair. It was a bit patchy when it went all soap opera and the final seasons got it back on track.

Probably breaking bad deserves a mention. By the end it’d just stopped being good.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Talking of disappointing endings to TV shows on 12:46 - May 3 with 2540 viewsIllinoisblue

I can still vividly recall as a kid the episode when the motel burnt down.

62 - 78 - 81

Talking of disappointing endings to TV shows on 12:47 - May 3 with 2536 viewsfactual_blue

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Talking of disappointing endings to TV shows on 12:47 - May 3 with 2538 viewsIllinoisblue

Talking of disappointing endings to TV shows on 12:45 - May 3 by Mullet

How did anyone get to episode 5 let alone season 5 of the Wire? The Bill for pretentious people innit.

I thought the Sopranos ending was decent enough to be fair. It was a bit patchy when it went all soap opera and the final seasons got it back on track.

Probably breaking bad deserves a mention. By the end it’d just stopped being good.

Straight red for mullet. And then another red just because.

62 - 78 - 81

Talking of disappointing endings to TV shows on 12:50 - May 3 with 2522 viewsfooters

Talking of disappointing endings to TV shows on 12:45 - May 3 by WeWereZombies

Really?? I thought it was Britney's finest hour...and thirty four minutes...

Having just looked up Ms Spears' filmography, I had no idea she was in Farenheit 9/11 with Michael Moore. Must have forgotten her interest in political activism...

Login to get fewer ads

Talking of disappointing endings to TV shows on 12:52 - May 3 with 2517 viewsJ2BLUE

I'm still triggered by by the GOT ending. Made no sense at all.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Talking of disappointing endings to TV shows on 12:53 - May 3 with 2512 viewsMullet

Talking of disappointing endings to TV shows on 12:50 - May 3 by footers

Having just looked up Ms Spears' filmography, I had no idea she was in Farenheit 9/11 with Michael Moore. Must have forgotten her interest in political activism...

From memory he rips her apart and other celebs for giving sh1twitted opinions in interviews.

Talking of disappointing endings to TV shows on 12:56 - May 3 with 2498 viewsfooters

Talking of disappointing endings to TV shows on 12:53 - May 3 by Mullet

From memory he rips her apart and other celebs for giving sh1twitted opinions in interviews.

Ah, cheers! Might have to give that a rewatch now.

Talking of disappointing endings to TV shows on 12:58 - May 3 with 2492 viewsRyorry

Talking of disappointing endings to TV shows on 12:52 - May 3 by J2BLUE

A time-saving advice service niche market opportunity is clearly available for some budding entrepreneur here J2. I'm now really happy at all the time I saved never watching GOT :)

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Talking of disappointing endings to TV shows on 12:59 - May 3 with 2483 viewsMullet

Talking of disappointing endings to TV shows on 12:56 - May 3 by footers

Ah, cheers! Might have to give that a rewatch now.

Bizarrely I watched it in Vancouver. Cinemas across the Atlantic are weird af. They boo and clap at the end and sometimes during.

Talking of disappointing endings to TV shows on 13:03 - May 3 with 2454 viewsIllinoisblue

Talking of disappointing endings to TV shows on 12:52 - May 3 by J2BLUE

Yeah that was pretty awful

62 - 78 - 81

Talking of disappointing endings to TV shows on 13:04 - May 3 with 2441 viewsDarth_Koont

I love the Sopranos ending!!

Pronouns: He/Him

Talking of disappointing endings to TV shows on 13:10 - May 3 with 2427 viewsJ2BLUE

Talking of disappointing endings to TV shows on 12:58 - May 3 by Ryorry

A time-saving advice service niche market opportunity is clearly available for some budding entrepreneur here J2. I'm now really happy at all the time I saved never watching GOT :)

GOT provided the two best hours of tv I have ever seen. I loved every single episode except the finale. I certainly wouldn't discourage anyone from watching it.

Truly impaired.

Talking of disappointing endings to TV shows on 13:17 - May 3 with 2399 viewsGlasgowBlue

Talking of disappointing endings to TV shows on 13:10 - May 3 by J2BLUE

GOT provided the two best hours of tv I have ever seen. I loved every single episode except the finale. I certainly wouldn't discourage anyone from watching it.

GOIT had a lovely slow pace. The characters and stories had time to breath.

Then they tried to cram as much into 5 episodes for season six and it felt rushed. Oh and the battle in the dark was unwatchable imo.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Talking of disappointing endings to TV shows on 13:21 - May 3 with 2368 viewsJ2BLUE

Talking of disappointing endings to TV shows on 13:17 - May 3 by GlasgowBlue

GOIT had a lovely slow pace. The characters and stories had time to breath.

Then they tried to cram as much into 5 episodes for season six and it felt rushed. Oh and the battle in the dark was unwatchable imo.

The battle gets better with each watch IMO. At the time I thought WTF but it's much better than the first view.

I was also fine with the timeline increasing but the final episode...it was like let's ignore the last seven seasons and just go with this sh1te.

Truly impaired.

Talking of disappointing endings to TV shows on 13:25 - May 3 with 2346 viewsSWGF

Talking of disappointing endings to TV shows on 12:47 - May 3 by Illinoisblue

Straight red for mullet. And then another red just because.

He's a rum cove, Illy. You know that.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Talking of disappointing endings to TV shows on 13:25 - May 3 with 2343 viewsN2_Blue

Talking of disappointing endings to TV shows on 12:45 - May 3 by Mullet

what!?

Seriously suggest you try The Wire again. One of the BEST TV series ever.
[Post edited 3 May 2021 13:27]

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Talking of disappointing endings to TV shows on 13:50 - May 3 with 2269 viewsIllinoisblue

Talking of disappointing endings to TV shows on 13:25 - May 3 by N2_Blue

what!?

I just binge watched it again. Just fantastic viewing despite the silliness of season 5.

62 - 78 - 81

Talking of disappointing endings to TV shows on 13:53 - May 3 with 2252 viewsMullet

Talking of disappointing endings to TV shows on 13:25 - May 3 by SWGF

He's a rum cove, Illy. You know that.

Dunno how your autocorrect went from correct to that.

Talking of disappointing endings to TV shows on 13:55 - May 3 with 2245 viewsMullet

Talking of disappointing endings to TV shows on 13:25 - May 3 by N2_Blue

what!?

If it was I’d have said so.

Talking of disappointing endings to TV shows on 13:58 - May 3 with 2235 viewsDarth_Koont

Talking of disappointing endings to TV shows on 13:21 - May 3 by J2BLUE

The battle gets better with each watch IMO. At the time I thought WTF but it's much better than the first view.

I was also fine with the timeline increasing but the final episode...it was like let's ignore the last seven seasons and just go with this sh1te.

Edited: Here you go.

There was a very good Twitter thread that I’ll dig out where some screenwriting aficionado was talking about the different types of writers. “Plotters” who know how to drive a story and “Pantsers” who can deliver and develop characters. Often the two need to work together.

Problem with George Martin the creator of GOT is he is an out-and-out pantser – who also had responsibility for delivering the plot and an ending but couldn’t. So in this sprawl of characters and storylines going everywhere and nowhere the TV writers needed to shut down storylines and try and deliver something of a conclusion. But was always going to be a crude and largely unsatisfying ending given how non-plotted the whole thing is up to that point.

That’s the beauty of Better Call Saul which is an even better character-driven show. As a prequel we already know where it’s heading so it’s only the characters and their development that matters.
[Post edited 3 May 2021 14:01]

Pronouns: He/Him

Talking of disappointing endings to TV shows on 14:03 - May 3 with 2192 viewsN2_Blue

Talking of disappointing endings to TV shows on 13:55 - May 3 by Mullet

If it was I’d have said so.

was only suggesting you try watch it again...and you give a silly reply like that.

No point engaging with people like you on here, always noticed you have a certain posting 'style' on here.

I'll leave you to it

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024