Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brett-what a guy 17:26 - May 3 with 3825 viewssaffers12

Sent him a personal welcome and message about my experiences as a fan of over 40 years

Sent myself a personal message within 30 minutes- pure class, that's all I can say, such a gent and made my week

I really feel a connection between the owners and fans is going to vital and also massively important to the owners
Brett-what a guy on 17:29 - May 3 with 3368 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Communication will last if things go well.

Personally I have no interest in communicating directly with a club owner.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Brett-what a guy on 17:31 - May 3 with 3335 viewssaffers12

Brett-what a guy on 17:29 - May 3 by Marshalls_Mullet

Only saw Evans once in the car park at Accrington, so its a step up!
Brett-what a guy on 17:44 - May 3 with 3252 viewsWD19

Given the amount of business interests he has then it is almost certainly a staffer doing his socials for him anyway. Or at least I hope it is, for his sake.
Brett-what a guy on 17:45 - May 3 with 3234 viewsStenvict

Agree, it's all well and good them responding to direct messages, they can do their talking in the summer with decent investment in the squad.

I doubt Man City fans are pining for Sheikh Mansour to send them a personal message on Twitter.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Brett-what a guy on 17:47 - May 3 with 3217 viewssaffers12

Brett-what a guy on 17:45 - May 3 by Stenvict

Agree, it's all well and good them responding to direct messages, they can do their talking in the summer with decent investment in the squad.

I doubt Man City fans are pining for Sheikh Mansour to send them a personal message on Twitter.

Sometimes nice people do just nice things and it makes people happy, strange concept i know
Brett-what a guy on 17:50 - May 3 with 3188 viewschrismakin

Brett-what a guy on 17:45 - May 3 by Stenvict

Isnt is nice to see owners interacting with fans though.
Weve had 1 who didnt and never understood the thoughts of the fans and that it wasnt just about the on field action.

These guys seem to appreciate everything that makes a club what it is. And whilst putting together a strong team is key... they've already started getting things sorted at the ground itself.

If they get the fans and can keep the fans onside it will help to take the club forward

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Brett-what a guy on 17:58 - May 3 with 3121 viewsStenvict

Brett-what a guy on 17:50 - May 3 by chrismakin

Weve had 1 who didnt and never understood the thoughts of the fans and that it wasnt just about the on field action.

These guys seem to appreciate everything that makes a club what it is. And whilst putting together a strong team is key... they've already started getting things sorted at the ground itself.

If they get the fans and can keep the fans onside it will help to take the club forward

I get that, all I'm saying is, I'll judge them on what they do for the club. I'm not bothered if they do or don't interact with the fans.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Brett-what a guy on 18:01 - May 3 with 3099 viewsChurchman

I think their efforts to communicate have been a really good thing. Ok, it may be a bit cheesy, a bit American, but it’s better than how it was with dementor Evans. Nothing, apart from the annual trying to get money out of people at season ticket time.
Login to get fewer ads

Brett-what a guy on 18:02 - May 3 with 3076 viewssaffers12

Brett-what a guy on 18:01 - May 3 by Churchman

I think their efforts to communicate have been a really good thing. Ok, it may be a bit cheesy, a bit American, but it’s better than how it was with dementor Evans. Nothing, apart from the annual trying to get money out of people at season ticket time.

I agree its also support in the bank if we go through a sticky period, which even the new owners said it may on thenpodacast the other day
Brett-what a guy on 18:04 - May 3 with 3060 viewschrismakin

Brett-what a guy on 18:01 - May 3 by Churchman

I love the fact we are owned by Americans of this type.
Clearly we know financials will be key. But they are just passionate about what they do. Enjoy it and share their passion with others.

Reminds me of the cobbold and sheepshank days.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Brett-what a guy on 18:07 - May 3 with 3034 viewsVic

It’s great to have owners that speak in public, but I confess I find the whole ‘we’re humbled and we’re honored to be part of this club, and hold it in stewardship for the fans’ and little bit sickly. This is a business venture for them. Benke sounds like a football nut, but this is still business and he’s here to make money for the investors.

If it doesn’t go the plan I’m sure we won’t get the nice words then.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Brett-what a guy on 18:21 - May 3 with 2912 viewsjeera

Brett-what a guy on 18:07 - May 3 by Vic

It’s great to have owners that speak in public, but I confess I find the whole ‘we’re humbled and we’re honored to be part of this club, and hold it in stewardship for the fans’ and little bit sickly. This is a business venture for them. Benke sounds like a football nut, but this is still business and he’s here to make money for the investors.

Yeah it sort of feels they've peaked a little early.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Brett-what a guy on 18:22 - May 3 with 2900 viewssaffers12

Both profit and success can go hand in hand but done in a fan friendly way
Brett-what a guy on 18:46 - May 3 with 2754 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

They can do a good job without needing to respond to DM's.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Brett-what a guy on 18:53 - May 3 with 2676 viewssaffers12

Brett-what a guy on 18:46 - May 3 by Marshalls_Mullet

They can do a good job without needing to respond to DM's.

It didn't warrant a response but was lovely that he did
Brett-what a guy on 19:05 - May 3 with 2595 viewsSomethingBlue

It's business but it's clearly also pleasure for them — anyone who can mix the two is a lucky person so the warm words are absolutely fine from where I'm standing. They seem to be meant well enough.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Brett-what a guy on 19:06 - May 3 with 2579 viewsChurchman

I think they’ll be very demanding from those working for them. Polite, supportive, make the right noises to the supporters, but people at the manager will need to show progress and quickly. Americans are like that in my limited experience.
Brett-what a guy on 19:08 - May 3 with 2562 viewsPJH

Brett-what a guy on 19:05 - May 3 by SomethingBlue

It's business but it's clearly also pleasure for them — anyone who can mix the two is a lucky person so the warm words are absolutely fine from where I'm standing. They seem to be meant well enough.

He will probably even say nice things about us after he sells us.

Cynical I know but there you go.
Brett-what a guy on 19:29 - May 3 with 2447 viewsslaughteredskipper

I love this. It seems to me that we have decent, committed, football fans who want to make a difference at the club. I don’t get the suspicion and negativity that this attracts. Personally I’m looking forward to a positive future for the club. We as supporters can do our part too by sustaining that positivity.

Like I say I think this is great that an owner is looking to connect with supporters. Good on him.
Brett-what a guy on 19:33 - May 3 with 2421 viewsVic

Brett-what a guy on 19:06 - May 3 by Churchman

I think they’ll be very demanding from those working for them. Polite, supportive, make the right noises to the supporters, but people at the manager will need to show progress and quickly. Americans are like that in my limited experience.

Indeed. Super polite, but in the velvet glove hides an iron fist. I have no doubts that these guys will be utterly ruthless when needed - and Ashton is the ideal hit man!

It’s very ‘un Ipswich’ but is probably what we need right now to get us back to being competitive.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Brett-what a guy on 19:34 - May 3 with 2414 viewssaffers12

Brett-what a guy on 19:33 - May 3 by Vic

Indeed. Super polite, but in the velvet glove hides an iron fist. I have no doubts that these guys will be utterly ruthless when needed - and Ashton is the ideal hit man!

It’s very ‘un Ipswich’ but is probably what we need right now to get us back to being competitive.

I could not agree more, soft touch in every aspect for too long
Brett-what a guy on 20:28 - May 3 with 2242 viewsGuthrum

It's partly a matter of language differences, too. Or, more accurately, tonal differences. People will naturally use that kind of verbose, ultra-respectful language in the USA in a way that we don't this side of the Atlantic*. It isn't "forced" to them.

* On average, Americans are also the politest people I have ever met.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Brett-what a guy on 20:31 - May 3 with 2225 viewsPJH

Brett-what a guy on 20:28 - May 3 by Guthrum

It's partly a matter of language differences, too. Or, more accurately, tonal differences. People will naturally use that kind of verbose, ultra-respectful language in the USA in a way that we don't this side of the Atlantic*. It isn't "forced" to them.

Have a nice day.
Brett-what a guy on 20:47 - May 3 with 2163 viewsBlueForYou

Brett-what a guy on 20:28 - May 3 by Guthrum

I’d like to second that. I’ve spent a lot of time in the US, not recently though, & I’ve found most Americans to be really genuinely nice people. They’ve always been so polite to me. I’m pleased to hear that one of our fans received a personal reply, it shows a bit of class. I hope they make a big success of us, I really do.
Brett-what a guy on 20:49 - May 3 with 2138 viewsHarryB

Brett-what a guy on 20:47 - May 3 by BlueForYou

I’d like to second that. I’ve spent a lot of time in the US, not recently though, & I’ve found most Americans to be really genuinely nice people. They’ve always been so polite to me. I’m pleased to hear that one of our fans received a personal reply, it shows a bit of class. I hope they make a big success of us, I really do.

agree with this. I'm friends with an American family and they are the kindest people. i also received a private reply with Brett and its nice. its not something that he has to do so it means a lot to people.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024