Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... 20:03 - May 3 with 7572 viewsitfcjoe

Keep
Edwards (Or at least try to)
Bishop
Nydam
El Mizouni
Gibbs
Andoh
O'Reilly
Healy

Release
Ward
Chambers
Wilson
Skuse
Jackson
Donacien
Judge
Sears
Huws
Nsiala
Drinan
Wright
Przybek
Morris
Z Brown
Folami
Clements
K Brown
Hughes
White

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 20:07 - May 3 with 4255 viewsHackneyblueboy

Inside knowledge Joe or just a hunch?
Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 20:08 - May 3 with 4234 viewschicoazul

Wouldn’t argue with that. 12 new players as a minimum en route.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 20:08 - May 3 with 4234 viewssaffers12

Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 20:07 - May 3 by Hackneyblueboy

Please no more edwards
Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 20:10 - May 3 with 4239 viewsitfcjoe

Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 20:07 - May 3 by Hackneyblueboy

Bit of both as heard a couple of tidbits from what I've heard re the youngsters - but mainly a hunch

Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 20:10 - May 3 with 4225 viewsleftback

I don’t think that’s far off but my preference would be to give Toto, Chambo, Drinnan and Jackson (to sell) extra year
Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 20:12 - May 3 with 4215 viewsPJH

Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 20:08 - May 3 by saffers12

Please no more edwards

Please please please please no more Edwards.

edit-IF Cook is silly enough to offer him a contract I hope that he rejects it.
[Post edited 3 May 2021 20:13]
Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 20:15 - May 3 with 4172 viewsJ2BLUE

I like Bishop and feel for him but it's time to cut our losses IMO.

He's one I could see us getting rid of and then going to the Championship and succeeding. Just can't see it happening here for him now.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 20:17 - May 3 with 4139 viewsDubtractor

Don't know much about the 4 kids you're saying keep, other than Gibbs being dropped in at the deep end earlier in the season, but otherwise wouldn't argue with any of those.

Possibly a case for keeping one of WIlson and Toto, just to keep some continuity and reduce the need for quite so many new players.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Login to get fewer ads

Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 20:22 - May 3 with 4075 viewsMrTown

Bishop and Edwards out as well then I’d be happy with that.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 20:24 - May 3 with 4058 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I can't get Edwards. He was good for a couple of months but he has been consistently a major part of the problem for most of the season. I can't understand the argument to keep.

The rest of those, yes I would be happy with (but not heard of O'Reilly or Healy).

Of the release list, I might keep Wilson, Nsiala and/or Donacien. I won't be particularly shocked or sad to see any of them go, though.

However, even releasing the 20 players on that list still leaves us with a squad of over 20 players doesn't it?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 20:31 - May 3 with 4017 viewsSteve_M

Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 20:15 - May 3 by J2BLUE

I like Bishop and feel for him but it's time to cut our losses IMO.

He's one I could see us getting rid of and then going to the Championship and succeeding. Just can't see it happening here for him now.

Why do you think it would be so different to the start of this season? I think your point would be fairer has he not had that run and we only had 14-15 plus a few games to go on. I would be disappointed to see him go now.

As for Joe’s lost, looks about right to me. I think I worked keep one of Toto, Wilson or Chambers just to reduce the churn.

Edwards, again, looked good at the start of this season and will score a few goals in a decent side (he did in a poor side in 18-19 too) but not bothered either way there.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 20:33 - May 3 with 3983 viewsKieran_Knows

I’d be happy with that. Chambers to join someone else locally I reckon.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 20:36 - May 3 with 3936 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 20:33 - May 3 by Kieran_Knows

I’d be happy with that. Chambers to join someone else locally I reckon.

Cambridge?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 20:41 - May 3 with 3889 viewsitfcjoe

Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 20:12 - May 3 by PJH

Please please please please no more Edwards.

edit-IF Cook is silly enough to offer him a contract I hope that he rejects it.
[Post edited 3 May 2021 20:13]

I just think way he has consistently utilised him, and fact he can cover both sides and RB that Cook quite likes him.

Think he’ll want a fresh start though

Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 20:42 - May 3 with 3867 viewsTractorFrog

I actually think we should give new contracts to both Nsiala and Wilson, although I think both will be released. They have done a fine job this year, and the defence has not been the problem. The CB position is the only one that doesn't need strengthening, in my opinion.

Donacien is an interesting one. Normally, I would say he is the ideal backup RB at this level, but the problem is that his is backup for Vincent-Young, which means he might end up playing the majority of the matches. If Cook trusts that KVY will stay fit under his management, then we should keep Janoi as backup. If he does not, then we need a new backup RB who could play every game if KVY gets injured again.

I also controversially think we should keep Aaron Drinan and loan him out to league 2. I really do think he has the potential to be an excellent player. But I think it's far more likely that he will be released.
[Post edited 3 May 2021 20:44]

They'd all laugh at me if they knew what I was trying to do. To create a new strain of super-wine in half-an-hour with a fraction of nature's resources and a FOOL for an assistant. 'Bernard Black, he's mad,' they'd say, 'he's insane, he's dangerous.' Well I'll show them! I'll show them all!
Poll: What hurt more?

Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 20:45 - May 3 with 3831 viewsPJH

Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 20:41 - May 3 by itfcjoe

I just think way he has consistently utilised him, and fact he can cover both sides and RB that Cook quite likes him.

Think he’ll want a fresh start though

But Cook keeps saying we have no goal threat and there is nothing coming from wide and the person that plays most of the supposedly attacking players under Cook is Edwards.

So on one hand Cook is more or less saying that he is doing nothing but then he keeps putting him in the side.

I would be very very disappointed if Edwards is here next season but my best hope may be that he rejects any offered contract.
Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 20:45 - May 3 with 3824 viewsFtnfwest

Downes? Or is he still in contract?
[Post edited 3 May 2021 20:47]
Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 20:48 - May 3 with 3799 viewsPJH

Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 20:45 - May 3 by Ftnfwest

Downes? Or is he still in contract?
[Post edited 3 May 2021 20:47]

He is contracted until June 2022.
Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 21:02 - May 3 with 3688 viewsBluefish

Surely we do some sort of deal to take the option for Cinderella and then sell him?

We had better not keep Edwards, he is not a footballer

Absolutely want to keep Bishop, Nydam and El Mizouni

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 21:05 - May 3 with 3678 viewsVic

You see Edwards as one to keep. Wow, that’s a surprise. But then PC has picked him for just about every game.

One thing I’m looking forward to next season is to see what the platers we keep become with some decent coaching.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 21:06 - May 3 with 3654 viewsitfcjoe

Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 21:05 - May 3 by Vic

You see Edwards as one to keep. Wow, that’s a surprise. But then PC has picked him for just about every game.

One thing I’m looking forward to next season is to see what the platers we keep become with some decent coaching.

I’m saying what I think will happen, not what I want to

Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 21:15 - May 3 with 3583 viewsStewart27

Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 20:24 - May 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

I can't get Edwards. He was good for a couple of months but he has been consistently a major part of the problem for most of the season. I can't understand the argument to keep.

The rest of those, yes I would be happy with (but not heard of O'Reilly or Healy).

Of the release list, I might keep Wilson, Nsiala and/or Donacien. I won't be particularly shocked or sad to see any of them go, though.

However, even releasing the 20 players on that list still leaves us with a squad of over 20 players doesn't it?

No, as Joe hasn’t mentioned the 6 loanees which will obviously/hopefully be gone also.
Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 21:19 - May 3 with 3558 viewsStewart27

Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 20:42 - May 3 by TractorFrog

I actually think we should give new contracts to both Nsiala and Wilson, although I think both will be released. They have done a fine job this year, and the defence has not been the problem. The CB position is the only one that doesn't need strengthening, in my opinion.

Donacien is an interesting one. Normally, I would say he is the ideal backup RB at this level, but the problem is that his is backup for Vincent-Young, which means he might end up playing the majority of the matches. If Cook trusts that KVY will stay fit under his management, then we should keep Janoi as backup. If he does not, then we need a new backup RB who could play every game if KVY gets injured again.

I also controversially think we should keep Aaron Drinan and loan him out to league 2. I really do think he has the potential to be an excellent player. But I think it's far more likely that he will be released.
[Post edited 3 May 2021 20:44]

I think one of the reasons that the defence has been ok is purely down to the pedestrian/boring/risk free way we play where we don’t commit men forwards.

If we play Cook’s way then we will be more exposed at the back. Would you want Toto/Wilson in if this was the case?

To be fair to both they have been ok this year but a lot of that is down to the way we play.
Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 21:35 - May 3 with 3441 viewsVic

Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 21:06 - May 3 by itfcjoe

I’m saying what I think will happen, not what I want to

Sorry Joe, didn’t word that very well. More like, Wow, if PC sees him as one to keep ....’

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Out of contract players - updated guess on what will happen.... on 21:42 - May 3 with 3392 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Think we’ll keep one of donacien, Wilson or Nsiala. All perfectly adequate back up on league one. Chambers perhaps even the same On a player coach contract.

Is Andoh rated? Been here best part of two years and seemingly hasn’t threatened the first team picture
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024