Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Safe Standing 11:35 - May 4 with 2110 viewspennblue

Where are we with this?

If the new owners want to bring it in, is it as simple as just installing new seats?

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Safe Standing on 11:36 - May 4 with 2085 viewschrismakin

why would you want new seats if you are to stand ;)

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Safe Standing on 11:38 - May 4 with 2081 viewsNthQldITFC

Safe Standing on 11:36 - May 4 by chrismakin

why would you want new seats if you are to stand ;)

That argument doesn't have a leg to stand on.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Safe Standing on 11:40 - May 4 with 2069 viewsKropotkin123

Safe Standing on 11:38 - May 4 by NthQldITFC

That argument doesn't have a leg to stand on.

This is a serious issue. I for one will not stand for it being turned into another pun-fest.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Safe Standing on 11:41 - May 4 with 2058 viewsNthQldITFC

Safe Standing on 11:40 - May 4 by Kropotkin123

This is a serious issue. I for one will not stand for it being turned into another pun-fest.

Then take a seat, cos its a runner.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Safe Standing on 11:43 - May 4 with 2042 viewsKropotkin123

Safe Standing on 11:41 - May 4 by NthQldITFC

Then take a seat, cos its a runner.

I doubt it has the legs to go past the first page

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Safe Standing on 11:54 - May 4 with 1992 viewsmonty_radio

Isn't that what our attack has been doing all season?

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Safe Standing on 12:09 - May 4 with 1968 viewsBasuco

Safe standing has been at every ground in football for many years, the FA just pretends it isn't happening, as soon as grounds open up to fans again televised games will show fans standing behind the goals all the time. Any safe standing area's will just make the rest of the ground enforced seated areas and the standing area will not be large enough for the numbers who wish to stand. It is about time the FA admitted to themselves this needs to be looked at again now all stadium know exactly how many fans are there, especially as these rules on standing were introduced on the back of the lies pushed out by the SYP following Hillsborough.
Safe Standing on 12:12 - May 4 with 1953 viewspennblue

Safe Standing on 12:09 - May 4 by Basuco

Safe standing has been at every ground in football for many years, the FA just pretends it isn't happening, as soon as grounds open up to fans again televised games will show fans standing behind the goals all the time. Any safe standing area's will just make the rest of the ground enforced seated areas and the standing area will not be large enough for the numbers who wish to stand. It is about time the FA admitted to themselves this needs to be looked at again now all stadium know exactly how many fans are there, especially as these rules on standing were introduced on the back of the lies pushed out by the SYP following Hillsborough.

I thought Shrewsbury have done it - so can't we just do the same thing?

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Login to get fewer ads

Safe Standing on 12:17 - May 4 with 1942 viewsMattinLondon

Exactly this.
Once upon a time stewards enforced seating down but now most clubs seem to turn a blind eye to it.
Safe Standing on 12:23 - May 4 with 1915 viewsronnyd

Football,for me, isn't the same watch or excitement when seated.
Safe Standing on 12:24 - May 4 with 1914 viewsBasuco

Safe Standing on 12:17 - May 4 by MattinLondon

Exactly this.
Once upon a time stewards enforced seating down but now most clubs seem to turn a blind eye to it.

I do miss the old "if you hate the scum stand up" chant that someone always started as soon as the stewards got some people sitting down. TWTD's.
Safe Standing on 12:25 - May 4 with 1910 viewsGeoffSentence

View from a shortarse, so long as there is somewhere for us to sit without the view being blocked by someone tall or who just wants to Stand, I am all for it.

Should be cheap though , Like standing used to be.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Safe Standing on 12:27 - May 4 with 1901 viewsBasuco

Safe Standing on 12:12 - May 4 by pennblue

I thought Shrewsbury have done it - so can't we just do the same thing?

NO! Just continue as we are, Lower North standing and the rest of the ground seated. Everyone is happy and can choose to sit or stand.
Safe Standing on 13:17 - May 4 with 1810 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

No objections from me.

Safer than standing in rows of ordinary seats.

Cant see any issue.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Safe Standing on 13:22 - May 4 with 1794 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The horrific incident at Hillsborough was primarily caused by the old fences / pens.

Far fewer people would have died (if any) if fans could have escaped out onto the pitch.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Safe Standing on 13:31 - May 4 with 1775 viewsJ2BLUE

Definite yes from me. I'd like to see standing areas around the ground. Obvious SBR lower is the obvious area but it would be nice to have a standing area in one of the side stands as well.

I'd much rather stand than sit at football.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Safe Standing on 16:50 - May 4 with 1649 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Safe Standing on 13:17 - May 4 by Marshalls_Mullet

No objections from me.

Safer than standing in rows of ordinary seats.

Cant see any issue.

No issues, with the exception of the legislation that is for all seater stadia in both the Prem and Championship. That legislation doesn't exist in L1 and L2 so easier to have a safe standing section.

So, we could, in theory, install a safe standing section, this close season, but then, if we go up at the end of the year, without a change in current legislation, we'd need to remove it to enter the Championship.

Rail seats are quite expensive too I believe. Wolves have a test section that they installed in the Championship in an unused area of the ground. The last time I was at the Custard Bowl, they were still there, but as I say, completely un-used.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Safe Standing on 17:02 - May 4 with 1615 viewsWubbleU

The trend in the premier league seems to be to install rail seating ready for a change of legislation. Also it is safer than standing in traditional seats so even under current rules provides a safer option.
Think I read Man Utd are putting in rail seats this summer and it actually reduces the capacity.
Spurs also have an area which is basically standing and I think that has rail seating.

It's got to be a good thing but it won't be North Stand pre-1992 either.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024