Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dogecoin - Anyone on it? 15:27 - May 4 with 23447 viewsBlueStreak

To the moon!
Dogecoin - Anyone on it? on 19:32 - May 4 with 1800 viewsJ2BLUE

Dogecoin - Anyone on it? on 19:15 - May 4 by suffolkpoker

Edited - can’t be bothered
[Post edited 4 May 2021 21:25]

I can't take dogecoin seriously. Musk can afford to lose a few million for the lols.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Dogecoin - Anyone on it? on 19:37 - May 4 with 1789 viewssuffolkpoker

Dogecoin - Anyone on it? on 19:32 - May 4 by J2BLUE

I can't take dogecoin seriously. Musk can afford to lose a few million for the lols.

Edit - can’t be bothered
[Post edited 4 May 2021 21:26]

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Dogecoin - Anyone on it? on 19:41 - May 4 with 1772 viewsJ2BLUE

Dogecoin - Anyone on it? on 19:37 - May 4 by suffolkpoker

Edit - can’t be bothered
[Post edited 4 May 2021 21:26]

If you don't mind me asking, if I got coinbase and bought some crypto, is it securely held in a wallet within the app or do I have to store it securely somewhere? If it's as simple as pressing a button to buy and it's held securely then I would like to gamble a small amount on a few different ones.

Truly impaired.

Dogecoin - Anyone on it? on 19:52 - May 4 with 1762 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Dogecoin - Anyone on it? on 19:41 - May 4 by J2BLUE

If you don't mind me asking, if I got coinbase and bought some crypto, is it securely held in a wallet within the app or do I have to store it securely somewhere? If it's as simple as pressing a button to buy and it's held securely then I would like to gamble a small amount on a few different ones.

Best bet is cold storage. Ledger nano x. Exchanges can be hacked

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Dogecoin - Anyone on it? on 20:08 - May 4 with 1747 viewssuffolkpoker

Edit - life to short for idiots
[Post edited 4 May 2021 21:28]

Dogecoin - Anyone on it? on 21:01 - May 4 with 1724 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Maybe we should start a crypto club? Always good to get different perspectives

Dogecoin - Anyone on it? on 21:04 - May 4 with 1717 viewsfooters

Dogecoin - Anyone on it? on 20:08 - May 4 by suffolkpoker

So you're grifting as an affiliate.

You're not fit to give advice on investments. You talk about it like gamblers do.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Dogecoin - Anyone on it? on 21:07 - May 4 with 1705 viewsMVBlue

I have been in BTC since 2017. A mathematical proven unit of work that is finite.
I have paid for a few things with it and made profit over that time by not selling it all.
Also now have a raspberry pi blitz for lightning node (WORLDBANK), a system where open channels remain for BTC payments needing no fee once channel opened.

Coinbase is fine, while a few exchanges have been hacked, they had issues.
Hackers do try to tempt people to release their wallets but normal phishing stuff.
Hosting your own is prone to management issues with fire/flood/disk fail etc or even forgotten passwords where as a service provider can help with those. Not convinced to put it all on my node.
ETH has surprised me, seems it has more uses and was implemented in EURO 2020 digital ticket system, think its still there.Doge is an odd one, crypto for the sake of it, anti the big man and finance.

One more thing, blockchain.com offer a Bitcoin account that pays 5-6% interest. More than any bank account.
[Post edited 4 May 2021 21:13]

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

Login to get fewer ads

Dogecoin - Anyone on it? on 21:08 - May 4 with 1703 viewsJ2BLUE

Dogecoin - Anyone on it? on 21:04 - May 4 by footers

You're not fit to give advice on investments. You talk about it like gamblers do.

He was replying to me though and i've made it clear I know it's gambling.

Appreciate the above replies and will reply after football. Cheers.

Truly impaired.

Dogecoin - Anyone on it? on 21:13 - May 4 with 1690 viewsfooters

Dogecoin - Anyone on it? on 21:08 - May 4 by J2BLUE

He was replying to me though and i've made it clear I know it's gambling.

Appreciate the above replies and will reply after football. Cheers.

I know, sausage, but I didn't want anyone else to be suckered in by someone who can barely spell, let alone give advice in a marketplace which has just been subjected to severe controls for retail clients by the FCA.

As you well know, this stuff can get real nasty, real quick and I don't think anyone should heed the supposed wisdom of someone on TWTD where proper investments are concerned.

Dogecoin - Anyone on it? on 21:13 - May 4 with 1689 viewssuffolkpoker

Dogecoin - Anyone on it? on 21:04 - May 4 by footers

I’ve been a gambling affiliate for 15 years and turned a side hustle to my main income.
I love SEO and been ranking sites in google for many many years.

I have got a big appetite for risk, it’s not for everyone but I guess that’s why I have what I have.

Dogecoin - Anyone on it? on 21:16 - May 4 with 1685 viewsfooters

Dogecoin - Anyone on it? on 21:13 - May 4 by suffolkpoker

I’ve been a gambling affiliate for 15 years and turned a side hustle to my main income.
I love SEO and been ranking sites in google for many many years.

I have got a big appetite for risk, it’s not for everyone but I guess that’s why I have what I have.

Can tell you've a big appetite for risk when you're asking people to sub you twenty five dollars on a public forum.

Dogecoin - Anyone on it? on 21:18 - May 4 with 1681 viewssuffolkpoker

Dogecoin - Anyone on it? on 21:13 - May 4 by footers

I know, sausage, but I didn't want anyone else to be suckered in by someone who can barely spell, let alone give advice in a marketplace which has just been subjected to severe controls for retail clients by the FCA.

As you well know, this stuff can get real nasty, real quick and I don't think anyone should heed the supposed wisdom of someone on TWTD where proper investments are concerned.

Edit - yawn 🥱
[Post edited 4 May 2021 21:29]

Dogecoin - Anyone on it? on 21:21 - May 4 with 1677 viewssuffolkpoker

Dogecoin - Anyone on it? on 21:16 - May 4 by footers

Can tell you've a big appetite for risk when you're asking people to sub you twenty five dollars on a public forum.

Edit - yawn!
[Post edited 4 May 2021 21:31]

Dogecoin - Anyone on it? on 21:33 - May 4 with 1650 viewsITFCson

Dogecoin - Anyone on it? on 15:53 - May 4 by footers

Dogecoin is just Musk's plaything. Do it while it's cheap but don't expect miracles.

Ethereum is the smarter buy right now.

It was a smarter buy 12 months ago. Never a bad time to buy crypto though if you’re in it for the long game
Dogecoin - Anyone on it? on 21:34 - May 4 with 1642 viewsITFCson

Dogecoin - Anyone on it? on 15:57 - May 4 by Rozz

I put a few bob into a few different coins about a week ago. It's been fun watching it make 11% in less than week, but some big sell events today have set me back again.

Some mates of mine have millions of safemoon hoping it'll be the next big thing once it hits the exchanges. I'm still deciding if the FOMO is something I can stomach.

I have billions of Safemoon 🙈🙈
Dogecoin - Anyone on it? on 21:38 - May 4 with 1638 viewsStokieBlue

Dogecoin - Anyone on it? on 21:33 - May 4 by ITFCson

It was a smarter buy 12 months ago. Never a bad time to buy crypto though if you’re in it for the long game

That is unlikely to continue forever though, at some point, someone is going to be left holding the can.

That point will probably be when governments decide to go heavy on legislation.

That's not going to be yet though.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Dogecoin - Anyone on it? on 21:52 - May 4 with 1611 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Dogecoin - Anyone on it? on 21:38 - May 4 by StokieBlue

That is unlikely to continue forever though, at some point, someone is going to be left holding the can.

SB

They can legislate but they wont stop it, with VPNS its easier than ever to access sites that a govt might block,
So many places taking it as payment.... it's too big now so whilst there will be changes to what is all a bit wild west ATM if you keep up to date you should avoid being the can carrier.

For me it's about seeing a real use case as within that there is value, all tokens will claim too but only some will offer something that has longevity.

I feel sure there will be a dot.com boom and bust but there will be winners too.

Everyone should do there research before investing, don't succumb to hyperbole

Doge soesntv

Dogecoin - Anyone on it? on 21:54 - May 4 with 1603 viewsITFCson

Dogecoin - Anyone on it? on 21:38 - May 4 by StokieBlue

SB

Well nothing lasts forever, what we use for currency is always evolving. But in my opinion crypto is here for along time at least. I think it’ll be hard for BTC to be dislodged from top spot but no one truly knows - not even the experts.
And although crypto is not for everyone I’d recommend to anyone to diversify at least a small amount of their wealth as the potential gains you’d have no chance of seeing in any other investment (bar some stocks maybe)
I hold coins that have 100x in the last 12 months. I also hold many coins that have completely gone to dust. It’s a fun ride
Dogecoin - Anyone on it? on 21:57 - May 4 with 1592 viewsDanTheMan

Dogecoin - Anyone on it? on 21:54 - May 4 by ITFCson

Well nothing lasts forever, what we use for currency is always evolving. But in my opinion crypto is here for along time at least. I think it’ll be hard for BTC to be dislodged from top spot but no one truly knows - not even the experts.
And although crypto is not for everyone I’d recommend to anyone to diversify at least a small amount of their wealth as the potential gains you’d have no chance of seeing in any other investment (bar some stocks maybe)
I hold coins that have 100x in the last 12 months. I also hold many coins that have completely gone to dust. It’s a fun ride

" It’s a fun ride"

Ding ding ding. It's little more than gambling with a lot of these things.

Which you could also do without paying attention with some aggressive investment models, but they aren't quite as fun.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Dogecoin - Anyone on it? on 22:08 - May 4 with 1565 viewsITFCson

Dogecoin - Anyone on it? on 21:57 - May 4 by DanTheMan

" It’s a fun ride"

Ding ding ding. It's little more than gambling with a lot of these things.

Which you could also do without paying attention with some aggressive investment models, but they aren't quite as fun.

If it’s gambling then it’s calculated gambling. For me when I first bought BTC it was $2k. And at that time after doing my research I thought it was reasonable for it to surpass $1M. So the downside to my investment is I can lose 1X. The upside however was I could make 500X +.
So there becomes a point when it’s not really gambling.
If someone offered you odds on 10/1 to correctly predict the colour of the next spin of a roulette wheel would you take the bet and would you consider it gambling? To me I’d take the bet and consider it a smart investment, others however would still perceive it as gambling.
Dogecoin - Anyone on it? on 22:22 - May 4 with 1548 viewsJ2BLUE

Dogecoin - Anyone on it? on 22:08 - May 4 by ITFCson

If it’s gambling then it’s calculated gambling. For me when I first bought BTC it was $2k. And at that time after doing my research I thought it was reasonable for it to surpass $1M. So the downside to my investment is I can lose 1X. The upside however was I could make 500X +.
So there becomes a point when it’s not really gambling.
If someone offered you odds on 10/1 to correctly predict the colour of the next spin of a roulette wheel would you take the bet and would you consider it gambling? To me I’d take the bet and consider it a smart investment, others however would still perceive it as gambling.

For me that is gambling. A sensible bet but gambling. Offer me five goes and it's medium-low risk. Offer me ten goes and i'm all in. Still gambling and could lose everything but a gamble you have to take.

What I want from crypto is something like safemoon where I can own millions for a small sum and if they somehow go up dramatically i'm set for life. Obviously I know the chances of joining the 2000+ failed cryptos is almost 100% but I want to take the gamble. I have no interest in buying a tiny fraction of a bitcoin.

Truly impaired.

Dogecoin - Anyone on it? on 22:23 - May 4 with 1546 viewsJ2BLUE

Dogecoin - Anyone on it? on 20:08 - May 4 by suffolkpoker

I did read your post before you edited it. Thanks for the info. Appreciate it.

Truly impaired.

Dogecoin - Anyone on it? on 22:57 - May 4 with 1523 viewsITFCson

Dogecoin - Anyone on it? on 22:22 - May 4 by J2BLUE

For me that is gambling. A sensible bet but gambling. Offer me five goes and it's medium-low risk. Offer me ten goes and i'm all in. Still gambling and could lose everything but a gamble you have to take.

What I want from crypto is something like safemoon where I can own millions for a small sum and if they somehow go up dramatically i'm set for life. Obviously I know the chances of joining the 2000+ failed cryptos is almost 100% but I want to take the gamble. I have no interest in buying a tiny fraction of a bitcoin.

The coin price is irrelevant. It’s the market cap of each crypto you want to look at. A safemoon is about 0.000004 cents per coin. But there was a quadrillion of them when first introduced. The total market cap is around $2.5 billion atm. To find the next 100x coin probably need to be looking for a coin with a much smaller market cap
Dogecoin - Anyone on it? on 00:06 - May 5 with 1487 viewsStokieBlue

Dogecoin - Anyone on it? on 21:52 - May 4 by BlueandTruesince82

They can legislate but they wont stop it, with VPNS its easier than ever to access sites that a govt might block,
So many places taking it as payment.... it's too big now so whilst there will be changes to what is all a bit wild west ATM if you keep up to date you should avoid being the can carrier.

For me it's about seeing a real use case as within that there is value, all tokens will claim too but only some will offer something that has longevity.

I feel sure there will be a dot.com boom and bust but there will be winners too.

Everyone should do there research before investing, don't succumb to hyperbole

Doge soesntv

That's not entirely true. A lot of banks are refusing to take transfers from crypto exchanges because they can't verify the source of the funds. If governments make it harder to extract profits into fiat then you are left with only being able to spend it within the ecosystem.

Now that's fine and could work but there will always be some things you'll not be able to pay for using crypto. Would you take crypto for a house? You might but a great many people wouldn't. What if governments charge companies 20% to accept BTC as a payment method and it needs to be cited when the company files it's tax returns?

They can also bring it more formally under capital gains tax legislation (the US are looking at this now I believe although it is already valid for capital gains tax) which opens up all kinds of tax implications which many are simply not prepared for and probably won't immediately grasp.

There is loads they can do. Now whether they should is a totally different debate and a very valid one. Perhaps they should do none of those things and it should remain a volatile and unregulated market. However we also know from history than unregulated markets nearly always end up being abused.

You are certainly right that it won't go away and neither should it. However the never-ending stream of altcoins should hopefully be stopped as that is where a lot of little people are going to lose money.

Your last line is right, people should do their own research and make their own decisions.

Good luck with your crypto portfolio.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024