Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election 18:15 - May 4 with 13614 viewspointofblue

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/may/04/internal-polling-suggests-labou

It could be a case of trying to get the Labour vote out but pretty desperate stuff either way. If this does come to pass, how can a government which has shown obvious signs of incompetence, selfishness and sleaze actually be gaining votes?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 18:52 - May 7 with 1499 viewsSwansea_Blue

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 16:45 - May 7 by jeera

SB is hardly a 'rightie' is he.

You've gone off the rails lately.

In the [fairly recent] past I've read your posts and usually nod along, but lately I dunno what's got into you.

I know you're not interested in my advice, but if you ever were for one moment, it would be carry on but maybe calm it down a bit? And condense your posts to maybe halve the content.

Anyway, that's all. Thanks for listening.

You've obviously not seen his shrine to Herr Flick and Private Helga Geerhart replica lingerie collection. Some of which he even wears whilst posting on here. Def info

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 18:54 - May 7 with 1477 viewsfooters

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 18:52 - May 7 by Swansea_Blue

You've obviously not seen his shrine to Herr Flick and Private Helga Geerhart replica lingerie collection. Some of which he even wears whilst posting on here. Def info

He's sent me a fair bit of his 'Allo 'Allo fan fiction via PM. Unsolicited. And seemingly endless...

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 19:03 - May 7 with 1457 viewsDarth_Koont

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 18:44 - May 7 by GlasgowBlue

On a side note, you should be happy. The SNP have gained a couple of seats and look well on course for a majority.

We’ll see. But if so it’s making the best out of a very bad situation for the UK as a whole.

Looks like there needs to be a complete re-set in England. Labour can’t be trusted to provide the necessary opposition as it stands. The powers-that-be of the senior politicians, officials and supporters have no style, no substance and no clue.

Pronouns: He/Him

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 20:23 - May 7 with 1376 viewsClapham_Junction

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 17:53 - May 7 by Clapham_Junction

I think you're right. Looking at where this data has come from (seven districts) includes four districts that elected a Labour AM last time and three that elected Tories. The uncounted seven districts had five won by Labour and two by the Conservatives.

Two districts have declared now, both Tory areas (one a pro-Brexit area and one anti-Brexit) and overall Bailey has done worse against Khan than Goldsmith did in 2016, which hopefully is promising for the wider results.

Bexley & Bromley
Goldsmith vote 2016: 51.7%
Bailey vote 2021: 54.6% (+2.9)
Khan vote 2016: 25.5%
Khan vote 2021: 24.1% (-1.4)

West Central:
Goldsmith vote 2016: 46.0%
Bailey vote 2021: 38.5% (-7.5)
Khan vote 2016: 36.1%
Khan vote 2021: 36.9% (+0.8)

Across the two areas, Bailey is 13,580 votes down on Goldsmith in 2016 while Khan is down 7,605. When second preferences are taken into account, Bailey is down 10,398 and Khan 7,862. Although Bailey improved on Goldsmith's performance in B&B, Khan actually won West Central on second preferences this year, having been almost 10,000 votes behind Goldsmith in 2016.

Laurence Fox came fifth in both areas.
Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 20:45 - May 7 with 1349 viewsSwansea_Blue

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 17:17 - May 7 by GlasgowBlue

I predicted a landslide for Khan but after a third of the votes counted..........

I've no skin in the London game, but eff me. Bailey comes across as horrendous. Based on the views he's not shy of publicising, you could be forgiven for thinking he's the novelty candidate. We're in a topsy turvy place where logic doesn't seem to apply any more.

Maria Sobolewska & Rob Ford's book 'Brexitland' has been touted as a good explainer of what's going on. I've not read it and realise that some people may be adverse to it because of Ford's remain stance, but maybe it's worth a read to consider the how professional academics view the current political landscape and reasons behind it.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 20:52 - May 7 with 1323 viewsHerbivore

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 20:45 - May 7 by Swansea_Blue

I've no skin in the London game, but eff me. Bailey comes across as horrendous. Based on the views he's not shy of publicising, you could be forgiven for thinking he's the novelty candidate. We're in a topsy turvy place where logic doesn't seem to apply any more.

Maria Sobolewska & Rob Ford's book 'Brexitland' has been touted as a good explainer of what's going on. I've not read it and realise that some people may be adverse to it because of Ford's remain stance, but maybe it's worth a read to consider the how professional academics view the current political landscape and reasons behind it.

What do academics know!!!!!!

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 21:33 - May 7 with 1295 viewsPinewoodblue

Strange goings on in Cambridgeshire Tories lost overall control. Labour didn't put up any candidates in South Cambs and Lib Dems gained 5 seats from Tories. Apparently there was no pact between Lab & LDem.

Tory 28
Lab 9
LDem 20
Ind 4

Thought we might heard from EG on this one.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 22:19 - May 7 with 1245 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Let's get back to Hartlepool ladies and gentlemen.

What a battering for Starmer and his nonsense.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Login to get fewer ads

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 22:30 - May 7 with 1237 viewsGlasgowBlue

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 22:19 - May 7 by The_Last_Baron

It's been picked over on here pretty comprehensively.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 23:11 - May 7 with 1203 viewsGlasgowBlue

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 17:37 - May 7 by Lord_Lucan

Maybe they have counted earlier in the less populated likes of Bromley, Hendon etc but when they get to the larger populated inner city sprawls it will be a different picture.

I dunno, just a hunch but I can’t see anything but a large win for Khan - mind you, I never thought Bailey would even get close to where he is now at any point.

Khan will win but this isn’t the landslide that many predicted, including myself.

I wonder what would have happened had the Tories put up a serious candidate?

Iron Lion Zion

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 23:43 - May 7 with 1175 viewsPinewoodblue

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 22:19 - May 7 by The_Last_Baron

To be fair it is good to see most of the political posts being lumped together.
[Post edited 7 May 2021 23:44]

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 13:11 - May 9 with 1008 viewsGlasgowBlue

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 07:30 - May 7 by GlasgowBlue

When do you expect the Corbyn wing to launch a leadership challenge? And who will the stalking horse be? Ian Lavery?

We have our stalking horse.

Iron Lion Zion

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 15:11 - May 9 with 967 viewsHARRY10

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 23:11 - May 7 by GlasgowBlue

Khan will win but this isn’t the landslide that many predicted, including myself.

I wonder what would have happened had the Tories put up a serious candidate?

Like the one in Hartlepool, who had to be minded so as not to speak

All the candidates on the right have to do is spout out the words and phrases that resonate with their bigoted supporters - a latter day masonic handshake so to speak which might come across as pretty odious to decent folk, but hits the mark for those sort.

Which probably explains why Fox and the couple of rightie nutters in Glasgow consistently fail. Their view appears to be that other righties are just spouting the first bit of nonsense that comes into their heads, where as it is not like that anymore.... far from it.

That's why political debate on one side has been reduced to little more than three word slogans. Why previous topics such as tax and benefits have been dropped (much as the devil has with the godies) - and replaced with the bleating of how much the Labour party doesn't care for the 'working class' no more.

Little in the way of saying they do, but an endless diarrhoea of how Labour no longer deserves the 'working class' vote because they no longer listen to them. Subtext being that it is not about us the Tories, but about you punishing Labour.

Because they are 'woke', but not woke in your favour our defence, but in pandering to people who not like you. People who have dark skins, who want to flaunt their deviant behaviour, who tell you that black lives matter than yours do.

As this was all the message coming out boiled down to. The same bigotry and hate... only much more refined and targeted this time.

You weren't beaten, you were stabbed in the back ... by Labour
Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 16:13 - May 9 with 938 viewsGaryCooper

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 15:11 - May 9 by HARRY10

All the candidates on the right have to do is spout out the words and phrases that resonate with their bigoted supporters - a latter day masonic handshake so to speak which might come across as pretty odious to decent folk, but hits the mark for those sort.

Which probably explains why Fox and the couple of rightie nutters in Glasgow consistently fail. Their view appears to be that other righties are just spouting the first bit of nonsense that comes into their heads, where as it is not like that anymore.... far from it.

That's why political debate on one side has been reduced to little more than three word slogans. Why previous topics such as tax and benefits have been dropped (much as the devil has with the godies) - and replaced with the bleating of how much the Labour party doesn't care for the 'working class' no more.

Little in the way of saying they do, but an endless diarrhoea of how Labour no longer deserves the 'working class' vote because they no longer listen to them. Subtext being that it is not about us the Tories, but about you punishing Labour.

Because they are 'woke', but not woke in your favour our defence, but in pandering to people who not like you. People who have dark skins, who want to flaunt their deviant behaviour, who tell you that black lives matter than yours do.

As this was all the message coming out boiled down to. The same bigotry and hate... only much more refined and targeted this time.

Another silly bug ger who fails to understand that HE is the bigot.
Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 16:21 - May 9 with 916 viewsSpruceMoose

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 16:13 - May 9 by GaryCooper

Another silly bug ger who fails to understand that HE is the bigot.

Oh Gary. I'd probably be as angry as you if I went round with such drippy thoughts I suppose.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 17:12 - May 9 with 878 viewsGlasgowBlue

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 15:11 - May 9 by HARRY10

Are you pissed?

Iron Lion Zion

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 19:56 - May 9 with 823 viewsjimmyvet

What on earth are you on about ? Harry May 17th take a holiday somewhere and recharge your batteries. Whilst your there check definition of Bigot and then take a look in the mirror !
Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 21:50 - May 9 with 758 views26_Paz

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 19:56 - May 9 by jimmyvet

What on earth are you on about ? Harry May 17th take a holiday somewhere and recharge your batteries. Whilst your there check definition of Bigot and then take a look in the mirror !

I’m guessing he’s been on some pretty strong stuff.
If not it’s a fairly impressive rant to be fair. It did remind me of the councillor in the news who explained his defeat by saying the electorate had let him down.
[Post edited 9 May 2021 21:53]

The Paz Man

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 23:11 - May 9 with 717 viewsSpruceMoose

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 21:50 - May 9 by 26_Paz

If not it’s a fairly impressive rant to be fair. It did remind me of the councillor in the news who explained his defeat by saying the electorate had let him down.

You've supported worse candidates to be fair.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 05:11 - May 10 with 665 viewsHARRY10

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 21:50 - May 9 by 26_Paz

"That's why political debate on one side has been reduced to little more than three word slogans."

like 'war on woke' perhaps paz ?

irony not being these forelock tuggers strongest point, it would seem
[Post edited 10 May 2021 5:20]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024