Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election 18:15 - May 4 with 13527 viewspointofblue

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/may/04/internal-polling-suggests-labou

It could be a case of trying to get the Labour vote out but pretty desperate stuff either way. If this does come to pass, how can a government which has shown obvious signs of incompetence, selfishness and sleaze actually be gaining votes?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 15:54 - May 5 with 1256 viewsgiant_stow

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 15:43 - May 5 by StokieBlue

There seems to be a lot of pushback in London against the LTN's.

They have caused havoc but I fully understand the reasoning behind having them. However a lot of people really are against them.

Bailey is just awful.

SB

LTNs have (perhaps the noisiest) people complaining hard about Labour councils. Seem massively unpopular, although I gather surverys say otherwise.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 15:56 - May 5 with 1249 viewsfooters

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 15:43 - May 5 by StokieBlue

There seems to be a lot of pushback in London against the LTN's.

They have caused havoc but I fully understand the reasoning behind having them. However a lot of people really are against them.

Bailey is just awful.

SB

Indeed. Was having a chinwag with the fella in the cornershop earlier and he said he'd always voted Labour but this time he won't be, for that exact reason.

Khan will still be getting my vote tomorrow though.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 15:59 - May 5 with 1216 viewsGlasgowBlue

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 15:56 - May 5 by footers

Indeed. Was having a chinwag with the fella in the cornershop earlier and he said he'd always voted Labour but this time he won't be, for that exact reason.

I'll be voting Labour tomorrow. Anas Sawar is an absolute breath of fresh air in Scottish politics.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 16:00 - May 5 with 1232 viewsgiant_stow

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 15:56 - May 5 by footers

likewise, but its hard to watch good roads get deliberately ruined. The whole of the Stow got gridlocked one day last week cos of a crash on the north circular, basically because we can now only drive on the main roads.
[Post edited 5 May 2021 16:04]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 16:05 - May 5 with 1208 viewsClapham_Junction

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 15:54 - May 5 by giant_stow

LTNs have (perhaps the noisiest) people complaining hard about Labour councils. Seem massively unpopular, although I gather surverys say otherwise.

As you're inferring, I think it is a case of a small number of people making a lot of noise; as opposed to the Facebook group polls, all the properly conducted polls I've seen show the proportion in support to be roughly double that of those in opposition.

https://redfieldandwiltonstrategies.com/steady-support-for-for-low-traffic-neigh

I hope no anti-LTN activists win one of the council by-elections in London tomorrow as the gloating in the local Facebook group ('proof people don't want them') will go on for weeks.
Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 16:12 - May 5 with 1175 viewsgiant_stow

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 16:05 - May 5 by Clapham_Junction

As you're inferring, I think it is a case of a small number of people making a lot of noise; as opposed to the Facebook group polls, all the properly conducted polls I've seen show the proportion in support to be roughly double that of those in opposition.

https://redfieldandwiltonstrategies.com/steady-support-for-for-low-traffic-neigh

I hope no anti-LTN activists win one of the council by-elections in London tomorrow as the gloating in the local Facebook group ('proof people don't want them') will go on for weeks.

All local facebook groups are full of this like you say and on there opinion is strongly against. The polls and surveys are indeed completely different. Ditto for emergency service response times - countless anacotal evidence says ambulance drivers are complaining, but the services themselves say that's just not the case.

Honestly, I'm not sure what to believe. Personally, I wonder if once we're fully out of lockdown, the stats may change in any case. If the system could be more flexible (ie open it up when there's a main road blocked) i could get with the programme. As it stands, I'm glad I don't live on a main road.

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 16:20 - May 5 with 1150 viewsfooters

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 16:00 - May 5 by giant_stow

likewise, but its hard to watch good roads get deliberately ruined. The whole of the Stow got gridlocked one day last week cos of a crash on the north circular, basically because we can now only drive on the main roads.
[Post edited 5 May 2021 16:04]

That'll learn to you to live in such a ghastly place.

Seriously though, I don't drive so don't have much clue on how it's affecting things. Doesn't sound great from what you've said.

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 16:25 - May 5 with 1139 viewsgiant_stow

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 16:20 - May 5 by footers

That'll learn to you to live in such a ghastly place.

Seriously though, I don't drive so don't have much clue on how it's affecting things. Doesn't sound great from what you've said.

Brute. (i thought exactly the same before I moved here - needs must!).

I only drive a little tbh, but did happen to get caught in that gridlock thing on my way to ancient's footy practice - people were turning up at the end of the game saying it took them an 1,5 hours to drive a couple of miles. I realise some might say we all should have walked those two miles or got a bus, but the buses were just as screwed and old legs can;t walk and then play footy.

Login to get fewer ads

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 16:31 - May 5 with 1114 viewsRaffles

They don't follow the sleaze stories because they aren't featured in the media they watch and read. And it doesn't affect their own values. And Johnson is behaving as they expect toffs to behave, ('God bless 'em'). There is no hope for any change until we move to a form proportional representation voting.
Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 16:42 - May 5 with 1083 viewsitfcjoe

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 16:31 - May 5 by Raffles

They don't follow the sleaze stories because they aren't featured in the media they watch and read. And it doesn't affect their own values. And Johnson is behaving as they expect toffs to behave, ('God bless 'em'). There is no hope for any change until we move to a form proportional representation voting.

I had this in a pub meeting yesterday, landlord who you would think of as traditional Labour....Boris has had it tough, his missus has spunked all that money away on flat poor bloke, I'm sure he's paid for it now, he deserves it anyway, just let him off. I wouldn't want that job, such a tough time, bla bla bla.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 16:52 - May 5 with 1050 viewshype313

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 15:59 - May 5 by GlasgowBlue

I'll be voting Labour tomorrow. Anas Sawar is an absolute breath of fresh air in Scottish politics.

I haven't bothered voting for the first time in years, none of the parties give me much hope.

Sandy Martin knocked on my door the other day and simply said "Have you voted? I said not yet I meant to post it, he just said "Well you better hurry up" No who are you voting for, why you should vote Labour, what are your concerns/priorities.

If he can't be arsed to find out why then I can't be arsed to vote for them. The Tories can foxtrot oscar and the rest are a bunch of drongo's.

Sad times.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 17:16 - May 5 with 1019 viewsClapham_Junction

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 16:52 - May 5 by hype313

I haven't bothered voting for the first time in years, none of the parties give me much hope.

Sandy Martin knocked on my door the other day and simply said "Have you voted? I said not yet I meant to post it, he just said "Well you better hurry up" No who are you voting for, why you should vote Labour, what are your concerns/priorities.

If he can't be arsed to find out why then I can't be arsed to vote for them. The Tories can foxtrot oscar and the rest are a bunch of drongo's.

Sad times.

Given the dire state of the Ipswich Tories, I'd have thought it was best to vote for whoever is most like to beat them regardless of how lacklustre they may be. You don't want to end up with people like 'Crusader Ian' and Nadia Cenci running the town.
Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 18:01 - May 5 with 976 viewshype313

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 17:16 - May 5 by Clapham_Junction

Given the dire state of the Ipswich Tories, I'd have thought it was best to vote for whoever is most like to beat them regardless of how lacklustre they may be. You don't want to end up with people like 'Crusader Ian' and Nadia Cenci running the town.

Nadia Cenci is a nasty piece of work, I had the misfortune of being at an event she was hosting.

Awful woman.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 18:30 - May 5 with 938 viewsjeera

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 16:52 - May 5 by hype313

Sad times.

I only received four leaflets in all for the locals.

Three were identical from the Greens. Three the same. Not a great advertisement for sparing trees really.

And one from the local Tory hopeful, who looked like some kid who needed to get out more.

I voted for the Greens but would have at least liked to see a bit of effort from the others.
[Post edited 5 May 2021 18:37]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 19:43 - May 5 with 858 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 18:30 - May 5 by jeera

I only received four leaflets in all for the locals.

Three were identical from the Greens. Three the same. Not a great advertisement for sparing trees really.

And one from the local Tory hopeful, who looked like some kid who needed to get out more.

I voted for the Greens but would have at least liked to see a bit of effort from the others.
[Post edited 5 May 2021 18:37]

Me thinks you have made that up if you live locally to Ipswich. Just spoken to Green candidates who have suggested it is almost impossible to have been sent three leaflets; unless of course your neighbours are aware of your leanings and shoved their literature through your door!
You would not be the first to have tried to be funny re the 'sparing trees analogy'
Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 19:58 - May 5 with 830 viewsGlasgowBlue

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 19:43 - May 5 by Timefliesbyintheblue

Me thinks you have made that up if you live locally to Ipswich. Just spoken to Green candidates who have suggested it is almost impossible to have been sent three leaflets; unless of course your neighbours are aware of your leanings and shoved their literature through your door!
You would not be the first to have tried to be funny re the 'sparing trees analogy'

I had four or five from the labour candidate stuffed through my letterbox at the same time last week.

Iron Lion Zion

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 20:04 - May 5 with 816 viewsSpruceMoose

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 19:43 - May 5 by Timefliesbyintheblue

I'm lolling at you of all people accusing another poster of making stuff up - especially when that poster is Jeera.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 20:06 - May 5 with 813 viewsfooters

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 19:58 - May 5 by GlasgowBlue

I had four or five from the labour candidate stuffed through my letterbox at the same time last week.

What is it about these parties delivering multiple leaflets to multiple occupancy households?

I just can't put my finger on it.

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 20:09 - May 5 with 810 viewsjeera

What are you on about you idiot?

I'm not Green Party leaning, so to speak.

I don't live near Ipswich.

Someone you spoke to said it's not possible to have 3 of a kind leaflets through the door?

What a stupid thing to come out with.

Edit: and if someone is Green Party supporting why the heck would they criticise their campaigning methods you imbecile?
[Post edited 5 May 2021 20:13]

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 20:11 - May 5 with 805 viewsjeera

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 20:04 - May 5 by SpruceMoose

I'm lolling at you of all people accusing another poster of making stuff up - especially when that poster is Jeera.

FFS if I were going to make something up I'd like to think I'd be a bit more imaginative than some fecking leaflets coming through my door.

Wtf is wrong with people?
[Post edited 5 May 2021 20:16]

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 20:15 - May 5 with 787 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 20:09 - May 5 by jeera

What are you on about you idiot?

I'm not Green Party leaning, so to speak.

I don't live near Ipswich.

Someone you spoke to said it's not possible to have 3 of a kind leaflets through the door?

What a stupid thing to come out with.

Edit: and if someone is Green Party supporting why the heck would they criticise their campaigning methods you imbecile?
[Post edited 5 May 2021 20:13]

We received 2 identical leaflets from the Green Party with the different individual electors' names on them.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 20:20 - May 5 with 774 viewsjeera

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 20:15 - May 5 by Nthsuffolkblue

We received 2 identical leaflets from the Green Party with the different individual electors' names on them.

You can't have, it's not possible to have more than one leaflet apparently.

And you wouldn't be the first person to have cracked that particularly funny joke.

Wait till Jason Manford hears about it, he'll be onto that like a shot.

Mine were the same guy, it's a smaller area and I suppose not too many candidates, but he certainly doesn't come round and deliver them all himself. I'd assume it's either supporters or some kids paid to hand them out.

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 21:39 - May 5 with 717 viewsGlasgowBlue

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 20:06 - May 5 by footers

What is it about these parties delivering multiple leaflets to multiple occupancy households?

I just can't put my finger on it.

I hadn’t considered that. My twin girls are voting for the first time. My boy is registered to vote here and not in his uni town.

Tbh any election leaflets are always left in the kitchen for anyone to read so one of each would be fine. But of course the canvassers aren’t to know that.

Iron Lion Zion

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 22:31 - May 5 with 674 viewsDarth_Koont

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 20:11 - May 5 by jeera

FFS if I were going to make something up I'd like to think I'd be a bit more imaginative than some fecking leaflets coming through my door.

Wtf is wrong with people?
[Post edited 5 May 2021 20:16]

You Walter Mitty types are all the same. Giving it large about your surplus political leaflets.

Do you think you're some sort of big shot!!?

Pronouns: He/Him

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 22:33 - May 5 with 671 viewsjeera

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 22:31 - May 5 by Darth_Koont

You Walter Mitty types are all the same. Giving it large about your surplus political leaflets.

Do you think you're some sort of big shot!!?

I spent days writing that one too.

Wait 'til I unleash my 'knock knock' jokes.

As for the one about the chicken crossing the road... well that'll blow their minds.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024