Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election 18:15 - May 4 with 13584 viewspointofblue

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/may/04/internal-polling-suggests-labou

It could be a case of trying to get the Labour vote out but pretty desperate stuff either way. If this does come to pass, how can a government which has shown obvious signs of incompetence, selfishness and sleaze actually be gaining votes?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 16:47 - May 7 with 860 viewsHARRY10

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 16:45 - May 7 by jeera

SB is hardly a 'rightie' is he.

You've gone off the rails lately.

In the [fairly recent] past I've read your posts and usually nod along, but lately I dunno what's got into you.

I know you're not interested in my advice, but if you ever were for one moment, it would be carry on but maybe calm it down a bit? And condense your posts to maybe halve the content.

Anyway, that's all. Thanks for listening.

there's an audio version ?
Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 16:47 - May 7 with 860 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 16:43 - May 7 by Swansea_Blue

The Greens is an interesting one. Given the current position with regards to Climate Change and environmental issues in general, you could maybe argue that rather than us all talking about trying to resurrect an ailing (dying?) Labour party, maybe we'd be better off putting that energy into the Greens. It sounds stupid idea in the context of UK politics, but they have major representation on the continent and in the EU. And they tend to tick the box on social responsibility.

Now that would be real change. Granted, it would take hell of an effort to change the narrative enough to make them a serious proposition in the public's eyes (but then that's not too different from where we're at with Labour!).

Or I could be talking bollox, which is more than likely.

I think you are making sense.....

....so that's scuppered that idea then!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 16:48 - May 7 with 850 viewsStokieBlue

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 16:38 - May 7 by HARRY10

I suppose I am expected to apologise for your hurt feelings, but instead I will offer my thanks to you for reading my posts - and looking forward to an attempt by you to refute even the smallest part of them.

Meanwhile I am not sure why you think that my posting on here will resolve something.

I posted yesterday about the fishing dispute in Jersey. I do hope you did not similarly get confused in thinking I was expecting my words to resolve anything there.

And as being a rightie I don't expect much in the way of understanding things, but even you must grasp that Hartlepool is not "a good portion of the population"

You've not hurt my feelings, it's quite a lofty opinion you have of yourself if you think that's possible. What's the point in refuting your points when you have an attitude like you do?

"And as being a rightie I don't expect much in the way of understanding things, but even you must grasp that Hartlepool is not "a good portion of the population""

Not really sure what to say to this except it's quite an incredible take on things. I understand everything perfectly thanks, your rantings are hardly intellectual muses.

I also most definitely wouldn't classify myself as a "rightie" but thanks for telling me what I am.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 16:51 - May 7 with 831 viewsjeera

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 16:47 - May 7 by HARRY10

there's an audio version ?

It's on its way via pigeon.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 17:08 - May 7 with 804 viewsSteve_M

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 16:37 - May 7 by footers

Think that overconfidence might have come from an Evening Standard story earlier showing Bailey ahead of Khan by 5% in the first two hours of counting. Obviously he'll get nowhere near that - he's been absolutely hopeless for the Tories.

Edit: Counting, not voting. Time for a beer.
[Post edited 7 May 2021 16:39]

That's all a bit Trump on election night isn't it?

A decent Tory candidate and they might have had a bit more chance but probably not much at the moment for the reverse reasons that Labour struggled in Hartlepool

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 17:12 - May 7 with 791 viewsHARRY10

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 16:47 - May 7 by BanksterDebtSlave

I think you are making sense.....

....so that's scuppered that idea then!

"trying to resurrect an ailing (dying?) Labour party"

yes, I cannot see it lasting much beyond the middle of next week, just as the unions who were supposedly killed off in the 1980's

As to the Greens they are rather reminiscent of CND, who didn't oppose war, they just didn't want it conducted in the most efficient way

put bluntly politics is class war

one side buys labour, the other sells it..... something the average Green denies, and believes that there is some other way that involves ignoring economic realities while sat round a camp fire singing kumbaya, my lord

a belief that still holds sway with the foot soldiers but not the leaders who see no problem with compromise - best shown in the Spitting Image two Davids sketch

"we'll take one name from you ............ "

something that never really broke the mould, it just grew ever more extensive on their now forgotten policies
Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 17:15 - May 7 with 778 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 17:12 - May 7 by HARRY10

"trying to resurrect an ailing (dying?) Labour party"

yes, I cannot see it lasting much beyond the middle of next week, just as the unions who were supposedly killed off in the 1980's

As to the Greens they are rather reminiscent of CND, who didn't oppose war, they just didn't want it conducted in the most efficient way

put bluntly politics is class war

one side buys labour, the other sells it..... something the average Green denies, and believes that there is some other way that involves ignoring economic realities while sat round a camp fire singing kumbaya, my lord

a belief that still holds sway with the foot soldiers but not the leaders who see no problem with compromise - best shown in the Spitting Image two Davids sketch

"we'll take one name from you ............ "

something that never really broke the mould, it just grew ever more extensive on their now forgotten policies

Go and read Golem xiv's back catalogue and come back to me with your stereotypes!

Put bluntly Labour is middle class as f#ck!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 17:17 - May 7 with 773 viewsGlasgowBlue

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 16:37 - May 7 by footers

Think that overconfidence might have come from an Evening Standard story earlier showing Bailey ahead of Khan by 5% in the first two hours of counting. Obviously he'll get nowhere near that - he's been absolutely hopeless for the Tories.

Edit: Counting, not voting. Time for a beer.
[Post edited 7 May 2021 16:39]

I predicted a landslide for Khan but after a third of the votes counted..........

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 17:23 - May 7 with 753 viewsfooters

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 17:17 - May 7 by GlasgowBlue

I predicted a landslide for Khan but after a third of the votes counted..........

Shame to see my man Binface not one of the top contenders.

Bailey will still get wrecked by Khan by the time everything's said and done though. And if Bailey wins I'm upping sticks to Wales.

You've been rather cheerful today. Wonder why :)

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 17:27 - May 7 with 741 viewsGlasgowBlue

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 17:23 - May 7 by footers

Shame to see my man Binface not one of the top contenders.

Bailey will still get wrecked by Khan by the time everything's said and done though. And if Bailey wins I'm upping sticks to Wales.

You've been rather cheerful today. Wonder why :)

I used both votes for Labour yesterday. I'm more concerned with what's happening up here.

Can't say I've been cheerful.

I was expecting Khan to win it on the first round. It looks like it will go to second preferences.

Iron Lion Zion

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 17:37 - May 7 with 717 viewsLord_Lucan

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 17:17 - May 7 by GlasgowBlue

Maybe they have counted earlier in the less populated likes of Bromley, Hendon etc but when they get to the larger populated inner city sprawls it will be a different picture.

I dunno, just a hunch but I can’t see anything but a large win for Khan - mind you, I never thought Bailey would even get close to where he is now at any point.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 17:53 - May 7 with 682 viewsClapham_Junction

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 17:37 - May 7 by Lord_Lucan

Maybe they have counted earlier in the less populated likes of Bromley, Hendon etc but when they get to the larger populated inner city sprawls it will be a different picture.

I dunno, just a hunch but I can’t see anything but a large win for Khan - mind you, I never thought Bailey would even get close to where he is now at any point.

I think you're right. Looking at where this data has come from (seven districts) includes four districts that elected a Labour AM last time and three that elected Tories. The uncounted seven districts had five won by Labour and two by the Conservatives.
Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 18:01 - May 7 with 652 viewsPerublue

Probably already mentioned,but i presume the announcement regarding holidays was delayed until the day after the polls to avoid upsetting the great unwashed.

Poll: Rugby World Cup Winner ?

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 18:01 - May 7 with 651 viewsLord_Lucan

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 17:53 - May 7 by Clapham_Junction

I think you're right. Looking at where this data has come from (seven districts) includes four districts that elected a Labour AM last time and three that elected Tories. The uncounted seven districts had five won by Labour and two by the Conservatives.

Tories now reckon they can win it but no chance - but whatever happens they have done miles better than anticipated.

It would be the biggest upset since Douglas v Tyson.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 18:10 - May 7 with 622 viewsGlasgowBlue

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 18:01 - May 7 by Lord_Lucan

Tories now reckon they can win it but no chance - but whatever happens they have done miles better than anticipated.

It would be the biggest upset since Douglas v Tyson.

I'll show my arse in the window of Planet Blue if Bailey wins it.

Iron Lion Zion

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 18:11 - May 7 with 619 viewsPinewoodblue

London Mayoral election

Wonder where the LIbDem and Green votes will go when second choices are taken into consideration.

Have to say it looks like being a lot closer than I had thought.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 18:18 - May 7 with 595 viewsGlasgowBlue

The first Labour front bench resignation

Iron Lion Zion

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 18:22 - May 7 with 571 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 18:18 - May 7 by GlasgowBlue

I know nothing about this gentleman; he does however speak for many.
Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 18:25 - May 7 with 566 viewsJ2BLUE

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 18:18 - May 7 by GlasgowBlue

What was the name of that woman who said Starmer should be more woke to win votes?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 18:30 - May 7 with 556 viewsgiant_stow

Blimey this just gets better. Maybe those LTNs really have peeved people, but Shaun Bailey? Really?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 18:39 - May 7 with 530 viewsClapham_Junction

Bizarre. Does he realise what the 'woke social media warriors' think of the party at the moment?
Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 18:39 - May 7 with 529 viewsDarth_Koont

Literally makes no sense. The party has been captured by Blairites who hate “woke social media warriors”.

Mahmood is looking to shift the blame.

Pronouns: He/Him

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 18:44 - May 7 with 507 viewsDarth_Koont

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 18:39 - May 7 by Clapham_Junction

Bizarre. Does he realise what the 'woke social media warriors' think of the party at the moment?

Indeed. Just had exactly the same reaction. And from someone in the Shadow Cabinet itself!!

It’s so bizarre I think it’s actually a deflectionary ruse.

Pronouns: He/Him

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 18:44 - May 7 with 502 viewsGlasgowBlue

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 18:39 - May 7 by Darth_Koont

Literally makes no sense. The party has been captured by Blairites who hate “woke social media warriors”.

Mahmood is looking to shift the blame.

On a side note, you should be happy. The SNP have gained a couple of seats and look well on course for a majority.

Iron Lion Zion

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 18:46 - May 7 with 490 viewsJ2BLUE

Conservatives predicted to win Hartlepool by-election on 18:44 - May 7 by GlasgowBlue

On a side note, you should be happy. The SNP have gained a couple of seats and look well on course for a majority.

Yea Darth you can sod off to your independent utopia and leave us in peace

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024