Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting reading the thread on Andy Rolls on Bristol forum 18:21 - May 4 with 3123 viewsunstableblue

... when announced it just said Rolls was moving to seek new opportunities

Amusingly a number of Bristol City fans mused that maybe finally Ashton had done some good!!!

In that Mark Ashton had ordered an enquiry into the terrible injury crisis the club has endured and some thought that Rolls had finally been exposed as a key factor and therefore moved him on, in a final positive act in his much maligned role as Bristol CEO.

Imagine their amusement when Rolls coming to Town was announced.

In short we now have the two Bristol city actors most maligned by 99% of their fan base.

Because be clear Rolls has overseen a 19 man injury list for much of the season!!! I don’t know about you but it’s hardly a strong CV credential is it?!?

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/bristol-city-injury-list-baker-5268

[Post edited 4 May 2021 18:21]

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Interesting reading the thread on Andy Rolls on Bristol forum on 18:24 - May 4 with 2719 viewsSteve_M

We went through all this, multiple times, with Ashton. Can we just see how they perform here before judging them please?

It isn't as if ITFC have a good record at anything very much off-field in the last 13 years.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Errrrr..... how many hamstrings?! on 18:25 - May 4 with 2707 viewsunstableblue

Don’t get me wrong I think Rolls will be a step up from what we’ve had before and had worked at some good clubs!

But that’s a awful lot of hamstrings in one team

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Interesting reading the thread on Andy Rolls on Bristol forum on 18:30 - May 4 with 2651 viewsunstableblue

Interesting reading the thread on Andy Rolls on Bristol forum on 18:24 - May 4 by Steve_M

We went through all this, multiple times, with Ashton. Can we just see how they perform here before judging them please?

It isn't as if ITFC have a good record at anything very much off-field in the last 13 years.

It’s a football forum, where we share information that injury record is abysmal and the Bristol city fans views... well 99% can’t all be wrong can they?!?

You won’t find a single Norwich or Hudds fan not waxing lyrical about Webber when he was at their clubs

But agree we have such a low bar it still means a step forward!!!
[Post edited 4 May 2021 19:54]

Interesting reading the thread on Andy Rolls on Bristol forum on 18:31 - May 4 with 2614 viewsJ2BLUE

You're doing our nuts in with this constant need to find faults.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Interesting reading the thread on Andy Rolls on Bristol forum on 18:43 - May 4 with 2511 viewsstopmoaning

Football fans in moaning shock.
Interesting reading the thread on Andy Rolls on Bristol forum on 18:43 - May 4 with 2510 viewsgordon

Interesting reading the thread on Andy Rolls on Bristol forum on 18:31 - May 4 by J2BLUE

"The midfielder has ruled himself out for the season after a brief comeback at the start of the year in which the bizarre decision was made to play him twice inside five days, despite having been out since August before that."

It does all sound very familiar though!
Interesting reading the thread on Andy Rolls on Bristol forum on 18:44 - May 4 with 2500 viewsIllinoisblue

I refuse to believe that we currently have any medical or physio staff so at this point anything is a step up.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Interesting reading the thread on Andy Rolls on Bristol forum on 18:45 - May 4 with 2494 viewsunstableblue

Interesting reading the thread on Andy Rolls on Bristol forum on 18:31 - May 4 by J2BLUE

I'm one of the more rabidly positive fans on this forum

For example I'm just listening to Norwood on BBC Suffolk and really bouyed by his plans for summer, his attitude, and thinking he can get 25 next season

But to just sit there and put our head in the sand about these Bristol City appointees.... YES I completely want them to succeed... and to be honest ANYONE is step above the likes of Clegg, ONeill... and that other guy

But that injury list is absolutely dreadful.. and needs debating

Login to get fewer ads

Interesting reading the thread on Andy Rolls on Bristol forum on 18:52 - May 4 with 2432 viewsSomethingBlue

Bristol City have had one iffy year and all of a sudden some of the key drivers behind their earlier progress are hapless clowns. Human beings won't learn, will they, but we are where we are.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Interesting reading the thread on Andy Rolls on Bristol forum on 18:54 - May 4 with 2410 viewsSomethingBlue

Interesting reading the thread on Andy Rolls on Bristol forum on 18:45 - May 4 by unstableblue

I'm one of the more rabidly positive fans on this forum

For example I'm just listening to Norwood on BBC Suffolk and really bouyed by his plans for summer, his attitude, and thinking he can get 25 next season

But to just sit there and put our head in the sand about these Bristol City appointees.... YES I completely want them to succeed... and to be honest ANYONE is step above the likes of Clegg, ONeill... and that other guy

But that injury list is absolutely dreadful.. and needs debating

What can we debate about it, and how, and why is that required?
[Post edited 4 May 2021 18:54]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Interesting reading the thread on Andy Rolls on Bristol forum on 19:18 - May 4 with 2231 viewsDubtractor

Interesting reading the thread on Andy Rolls on Bristol forum on 18:30 - May 4 by unstableblue

It’s a football forum, where we share information that injury record is abysmal and the Bristol city fans views... well 99% can’t all be wrong can they?!?

You won’t find a single Norwich or Hudds fan not waxing lyrical about Webber when he was at their clubs

But agree we have such a low bar it still means a step forward!!!
[Post edited 4 May 2021 19:54]

Webber is still at Norwich isn't he? And has overseen huge positive progress at the club.

Am I missing something here, or have you mistyped something?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Interesting reading the thread on Andy Rolls on Bristol forum on 19:21 - May 4 with 2205 viewspointofblue

“Because be clear Rolls has overseen a 19 man injury list for much of the season!!!”

So, at worse, we won’t notice a difference?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Errrrr..... how many hamstrings?! on 19:26 - May 4 with 2146 viewspennblue

Errrrr..... how many hamstrings?! on 18:25 - May 4 by unstableblue

Don’t get me wrong I think Rolls will be a step up from what we’ve had before and had worked at some good clubs!

But that’s a awful lot of hamstrings in one team

If there was anything they could have done better to prevent that situation, then I am sure they will have learn't alot from it.

There could be many reasons for their record, but this chap must have something about him. All of this ownership group have come across very well. They seem genuine, passionate, competent and experienced, they would not being him in if they thought he was crap.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Interesting reading the thread on Andy Rolls on Bristol forum on 19:31 - May 4 with 2113 viewsunstableblue

Interesting reading the thread on Andy Rolls on Bristol forum on 18:52 - May 4 by SomethingBlue

Bristol City have had one iffy year and all of a sudden some of the key drivers behind their earlier progress are hapless clowns. Human beings won't learn, will they, but we are where we are.

So we're not allowed to discuss/question a key hire.... Shall we discuss that Andy Rolls was actually sacked by Arsenal?

I'll leave it to a Bristol City (or feel free to read the 100s on the link below):

"I really don't know how Ashton can preach about process and procedures and then just appoint his mates. Surely you would review the previous positions of who you recruit and in Rolls case ask tough questions about why his clubs seem to have constant injury problems. Not laying all the blame at Rolls door but the buck does stop with him!!"

https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/212073-andy-rolls-leaving/page/10/

Interesting reading the thread on Andy Rolls on Bristol forum on 19:33 - May 4 with 2102 viewsunstableblue

Interesting reading the thread on Andy Rolls on Bristol forum on 18:54 - May 4 by SomethingBlue

What can we debate about it, and how, and why is that required?
[Post edited 4 May 2021 18:54]

I'll give you one for a starter...

- What process of selection was followed for the appointment of Rolls? who else was considered for the role? who made the final decision? was Cook involved in the process?

I agree - its still probably a step one, despite failures at Arsenal and BC (n/t) on 19:36 - May 4 with 2080 viewsunstableblue

Interesting reading the thread on Andy Rolls on Bristol forum on 19:21 - May 4 by pointofblue

“Because be clear Rolls has overseen a 19 man injury list for much of the season!!!”

So, at worse, we won’t notice a difference?

Interesting reading the thread on Andy Rolls on Bristol forum on 19:37 - May 4 with 2072 viewsjas0999

Actually, he has a fairly impressive CV. Working at some good clubs.
Interesting reading the thread on Andy Rolls on Bristol forum on 19:49 - May 4 with 1992 viewsunstableblue

Interesting reading the thread on Andy Rolls on Bristol forum on 19:37 - May 4 by jas0999

Actually, he has a fairly impressive CV. Working at some good clubs.

Sacked from Arsenal? If you're really good at something you tend to be kept on during a restructure, not made redundant

But you're right, he's going to be a step up for us, as we have massively underfunded the sport science/performance side of the club

Interesting reading the thread on Andy Rolls on Bristol forum on 19:56 - May 4 with 1917 viewsgtsb1966

Interesting reading the thread on Andy Rolls on Bristol forum on 19:49 - May 4 by unstableblue

Sacked from Arsenal? If you're really good at something you tend to be kept on during a restructure, not made redundant

But you're right, he's going to be a step up for us, as we have massively underfunded the sport science/performance side of the club

Since when was being made redundant the same as being sacked?
Interesting reading the thread on Andy Rolls on Bristol forum on 19:57 - May 4 with 1892 viewsunstableblue

Interesting reading the thread on Andy Rolls on Bristol forum on 19:18 - May 4 by Dubtractor

Webber is still at Norwich isn't he? And has overseen huge positive progress at the club.

Am I missing something here, or have you mistyped something?

Apologies Dubster...

I missed a 'not' in that sentence

But yes you get my point.... fans are actually not a terrrible of something related to a player, manager or club.... when 99% are incredibly negative its something to go 'hang on a minute'

And Webber has overseen positive progress at two clubs and fans would give him a massive gold star

Again I'm hopeful that Ashton and Rolls performance at Ashton Gate is a blip... and in the right environment at PR they will succeed

Interesting reading the thread on Andy Rolls on Bristol forum on 20:00 - May 4 with 1866 viewsSamWhiteUK

Do you think, if Ashton had identified Rolls as the main problem, he would stand by and let him be employed here?

Please engage your brain before posting
Interesting reading the thread on Andy Rolls on Bristol forum on 20:03 - May 4 with 1845 viewschrismakin

Covered it here

Bristol City by chrismakin 4 May 2021 11:19
Since when did they become a top 6 championship team?

The way they moan about Ashton, Rolls etc taking the club backwards etc
I saw one poster even asked on their forum if their reputation has taken a fall, I didn't even know they had one.

they are so blinkered it's unreal

One of the biggest things Ashton did for them was the new performance centre
" It was already in motion when he came in"

Erm no, the planning permission for it was about to expire, one of his first duties was to get the permission extended and actually take on the role of getting it done.

And then we come to Rolls, and they are quick to link back to his time at Arsenal

Many ways you can look at this tbh, Arsenal a side used to being kicked off the ball more than any other sides in the league due their style of players, a squad that included Wilshire, Walcott who throughout their whole careers struggled with injury etc

BC injuries this season, a few hamstrings, not unusual in a squad, ACL, Back injuries.. nothing a physio can do about that, and there's one who's suffered foot problems for years.. that's a given that he's out.

Not sure what exactly BC expect, if you take out things like ACL, Back injuries, they've got 8 players out which based on a pandemic year, that's not too bad when you appreciate the lack of water treatments available for hamstring injuries, thigh strains etc, due to lockdown rules and the stop start effects of football over the last year or so, increase in midweek games, it's no shock injuries for all clubs are higher than normal.

Also based on what we know about the costs of actually fielding a competitive championship side, the fact they have built a new performance centre, stadium facilities etc whilst remaining competitive in the championship they have underestimated how good a job M/A has done there.

No injury crisis can be put down to 1 man. None at all.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Interesting reading the thread on Andy Rolls on Bristol forum on 20:05 - May 4 with 1830 viewsVic

Pretty much every football team in the country has had a huge injury list this season, including most in the prem. Look at Liverpool for example. They going to sack all their med team?

Too much is made of it.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Interesting reading the thread on Andy Rolls on Bristol forum on 20:06 - May 4 with 1822 viewsunstableblue

Interesting reading the thread on Andy Rolls on Bristol forum on 19:56 - May 4 by gtsb1966

Since when was being made redundant the same as being sacked?

fair point.... but even in restructures you create roles for your key performers

but yes I may be talking sh!te

Interesting reading the thread on Andy Rolls on Bristol forum on 20:23 - May 4 with 1752 viewschrismakin

Interesting reading the thread on Andy Rolls on Bristol forum on 20:06 - May 4 by unstableblue

fair point.... but even in restructures you create roles for your key performers

but yes I may be talking sh!te

At Arsenal. Rolls had a more 1 to 1 role.
It wasnt needed with the restructure.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024