Quantcast
Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
News reports from the murder trial of Dalian Atkinson 07:13 - May 5 with 926 viewsbluelagos

https://www.channel4.com/news/soccer-star-dalian-atkinson-died-after-being-taser

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-shropshire-56979521

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/may/04/dalian-atkinson-murdered-in-stre

Goes without saying that the proceedings are live and people should not speculate on the case.

[Post edited 5 May 7:31]

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

News reports from the murder trial of Dalian Atkinson on 07:51 - May 5 with 846 viewsRedX

Very sad stuff.

Going on the witness evidence, the male cop is going down. A complete nutcase.

News reports from the murder trial of Dalian Atkinson on 08:11 - May 5 with 818 viewsElephantintheRoom

Just the six years to come to court. I dnt recall Dalian getting a mention with all that knee taking

Blog: Wing Wonders (Part Two)

News reports from the murder trial of Dalian Atkinson on 08:14 - May 5 with 803 viewsbluelagos

News reports from the murder trial of Dalian Atkinson on 08:11 - May 5 by ElephantintheRoom

Just the six years to come to court. I dnt recall Dalian getting a mention with all that knee taking

Probably because it was a "live case" and anyone discussing it would have been liable to prosecution.

That applies as soon as someone is charged.

News reports from the murder trial of Dalian Atkinson on 08:18 - May 5 with 793 viewsElephantintheRoom

News reports from the murder trial of Dalian Atkinson on 08:14 - May 5 by bluelagos

Probably because it was a "live case" and anyone discussing it would have been liable to prosecution.

That applies as soon as someone is charged.

And the faraway George Floyd wasnt?

Blog: Wing Wonders (Part Two)

News reports from the murder trial of Dalian Atkinson on 09:48 - May 5 with 719 viewsThe_Last_Baron

News reports from the murder trial of Dalian Atkinson on 08:18 - May 5 by ElephantintheRoom

Different jurisdiction.

Poll: White Sleeves of Blue Sleeves

News reports from the murder trial of Dalian Atkinson on 09:59 - May 5 with 711 viewsSwansea_Blue

News reports from the murder trial of Dalian Atkinson on 07:51 - May 5 by RedX

Very sad stuff.

Going on the witness evidence, the male cop is going down. A complete nutcase.

Sounds horrendous, doesn't it. The info that's being reported in the press stories almost defies belief.

Poll: So then cake aficionados, which is your favourite part of Battenberg?

News reports from the murder trial of Dalian Atkinson on 10:00 - May 5 with 724 viewsBlueBadger

News reports from the murder trial of Dalian Atkinson on 08:11 - May 5 by ElephantintheRoom

I mentioned it several times and even had him as my avatar for a fair amount of time.

BLM international protests, genuine question by BlueBadger 6 Jun 2020 18:10
Lest we forget, a local connection to BLM.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/dalian-atkinson-police-racism-taser-death-mental-health-black-lives-matter-no-surprise-a7195376.html

You probably missed that at the time because you were too busy trying to claim I was lying about working for the NHS during a pandemic and inexplicably being kept on by Phil.
[Post edited 6 May 9:53]

Ham>Lam
Poll: Who will Norwich unveil as sponsor in response to Ed Sheeran at Town?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

News reports from the murder trial of Dalian Atkinson on 10:18 - May 5 with 693 viewsBlueBadger

News reports from the murder trial of Dalian Atkinson on 08:18 - May 5 by ElephantintheRoom

Bing bong! 'Flight 420 to Whatabouterry Island is now boarding, could all passengers please ensure that they gather up any loose 'but Labour', 'why aren't you saying this about the muslims' and 'but why is it bad when I say it' and 'yes, have you seen what they're doing in Israel' place them in their hand luggage for safe travel please'
[Post edited 5 May 12:59]

Ham>Lam

Login to get fewer ads

News reports from the murder trial of Dalian Atkinson on 10:40 - May 5 with 658 viewsRedX

News reports from the murder trial of Dalian Atkinson on 09:59 - May 5 by Swansea_Blue

Sounds horrendous, doesn't it. The info that's being reported in the press stories almost defies belief.

I knew the poor man had his own issues and there was some sort of altercation. I never knew the extent of the incident though. Getting kicked(allegedly)in the head a number of times by a police officer is horrendous.
News reports from the murder trial of Dalian Atkinson on 11:27 - May 5 with 615 viewsChurchman

News reports from the murder trial of Dalian Atkinson on 09:59 - May 5 by Swansea_Blue

It’s awful and so so sad.

Mental illness is such a neglected area in this country with all ages from young people all the way through to the elderly with dementia etc. It doesn’t feel like we’ve moved on a whole lot from the 19c. Perhaps this is an area football can help with, funding and promotion wise a little bit more than it does? Let’s face it, there’s enough money washing around, especially in the top of the game.

Just thoughts triggered by the loss of Dalian, Justin Fashanu and Gary Speed and others.

News reports from the murder trial of Dalian Atkinson on 11:33 - May 5 with 589 viewsRyorry

Thanks for posting the links BL, appreciated.

Poll: Should VAR be abolished

News reports from the murder trial of Dalian Atkinson on 13:52 - May 5 with 506 viewsbluelagos

Local paper in brum is posting regular updates from the trial for those wishing to follow a bit closer.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/black-country/live-updates-dalian-atkinson-murd

News reports from the murder trial of Dalian Atkinson on 15:23 - May 5 with 458 viewsSpruceMoose

You should be the next pointless troll to get the boot really.

That one crap football blog you wrote years ago is really doing a lot of legwork in keeping you here.

Pronouns: He/Him/His
Poll: Selectamod

News reports from the murder trial of Dalian Atkinson on 15:30 - May 5 with 442 viewsBlueBadger

News reports from the murder trial of Dalian Atkinson on 10:40 - May 5 by RedX

I knew the poor man had his own issues and there was some sort of altercation. I never knew the extent of the incident though. Getting kicked(allegedly)in the head a number of times by a police officer is horrendous.

Not just that, but the whole 'taser running for nearly 7 times as long as it should' thing is really disturbing.

Ham>Lam

News reports from the murder trial of Dalian Atkinson on 21:51 - May 5 with 342 viewsdeliasplums

What a terrible end to such a wonderful talent. Some really disturbing reading on many levels there.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

News reports from the murder trial of Dalian Atkinson on 21:51 - May 5 with 340 viewsdeliasplums

What?

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

News reports from the murder trial of Dalian Atkinson on 22:00 - May 5 with 318 viewsSpruceMoose

News reports from the murder trial of Dalian Atkinson on 21:51 - May 5 by deliasplums

What?

Just the brain fart of yet another utter stainpants cluttering up this forum.

News reports from the murder trial of Dalian Atkinson on 22:06 - May 5 with 309 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I mentioned it.

I would be surprised if many black footballers didn't at least have him in mind if not explicitly state it.

If your point is that there are so many cases that even high profile ones like this do not get sufficient publicity then I make you correct.

If your point was to somehow take a dig at BLM it is a pretty low kick to take on a thread that is very much about where BLM really is key.

Poll: Would a draw against Peterborough have been a fair result?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

News reports from the murder trial of Dalian Atkinson on 22:09 - May 5 with 297 viewsGlasgowBlue

News reports from the murder trial of Dalian Atkinson on 15:23 - May 5 by SpruceMoose

You should be the next pointless troll to get the boot really.

That one crap football blog you wrote years ago is really doing a lot of legwork in keeping you here.

Why is it that the tragic death of one of our former players has brought the trolls crawling out from under their rock?

“A man must be excessively stupid, as well as uncharitable, who believes that there is no virtue but on his own side, and that there are not men as honest as himself who may differ from him in political principles”.
Poll: The best ever Ipswich Strike partnership
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

News reports from the murder trial of Dalian Atkinson on 22:37 - May 5 with 277 viewsSpruceMoose

News reports from the murder trial of Dalian Atkinson on 22:09 - May 5 by GlasgowBlue

Why is it that the tragic death of one of our former players has brought the trolls crawling out from under their rock?

I really don't know. But I have noticed that, just lately, the depths to which these losers are willing to sink in order to get a reaction seems to be getting worse.

News reports from the murder trial of Dalian Atkinson on 08:19 - May 6 with 176 viewsbluelagos

News reports from from yesterday. As ever, please no discussions ref the details of a live case.

https://www.channel4.com/news/police-officer-accused-of-murdering-dalian-atkinso

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-shropshire-56995413

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/may/05/police-officers-attack-played-si

News reports from the murder trial of Dalian Atkinson on 06:29 - May 7 with 74 viewsbluelagos

Reports from Day 3 of the murder trial.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-shropshire-57008318

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/may/06/dalian-atkinson-trial-officer-to

Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2021