Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone think of central defender for the summer? 09:28 - May 5 with 1887 viewsMrTown

Seems likely now that Wilson, Chambers & Nsiala will all leave in the summer, with McGuinness going back.

Woolfenden has had a decent little run in poor season for him since the Charlton game.

Will still need 2/3 central defenders this summer.

Any ideas all?

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Anyone think of central defender for the summer? on 09:29 - May 5 with 1579 viewsKieran_Knows

Che Dunkley from Sheffield Wednesday (again, was with Cook at Wigan).

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Anyone think of central defender for the summer? on 09:34 - May 5 with 1530 viewsMB26

Eoghan O'Connell from Rochdale. As much as Rochdale have been awful defensively this year I think he's been highly rated by many for a couple of years now. Maybe a back-up option.

I'd like to see Baggott get a chance too but we need an experienced option who will start week in, week out. Tom Anderson at Doncaster?
Anyone think of central defender for the summer? on 09:37 - May 5 with 1511 viewstractorboy1978

Callum Connolly.
Anyone think of central defender for the summer? on 09:37 - May 5 with 1508 viewsFixed_It

George Johnston played really well against us for Wigan, and is out of contract I believe.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Anyone think of central defender for the summer? on 09:38 - May 5 with 1487 viewsParky

Cameron Carter-Vickers (would be a class signing in League One, American too)
George Johnston
Chey Dunkley
Tyler Blackett
Anyone think of central defender for the summer? on 09:41 - May 5 with 1457 viewsMrTown

Anyone think of central defender for the summer? on 09:29 - May 5 by Kieran_Knows

Che Dunkley from Sheffield Wednesday (again, was with Cook at Wigan).

He's had a bit of rough season, only played around 10 games, spend around 2 months out with an injury. Nearly 30 now.

Not sure on this one, but can see why it is suggested.

Anyone think of central defender for the summer? on 09:43 - May 5 with 1442 viewsMrTown

Anyone think of central defender for the summer? on 09:34 - May 5 by MB26

Eoghan O'Connell from Rochdale. As much as Rochdale have been awful defensively this year I think he's been highly rated by many for a couple of years now. Maybe a back-up option.

I'd like to see Baggott get a chance too but we need an experienced option who will start week in, week out. Tom Anderson at Doncaster?

I like Eoghan O'Connell. Out of contract I think as well.

Anderson a good shout for me.

Anyone think of central defender for the summer? on 09:45 - May 5 with 1431 viewsMrTown

Anyone think of central defender for the summer? on 09:38 - May 5 by Parky

Cameron Carter-Vickers (would be a class signing in League One, American too)
George Johnston
Chey Dunkley
Tyler Blackett

CCV wouldn't come here. He'll get a Championship gig.

Johnston don't know anything about. Dunkley not for me. I thought Blackett was a left back?

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone think of central defender for the summer? on 09:45 - May 5 with 1421 viewsMrTown

Surprised nobody mentioned Ricardo Santos at Bolton yet.

Anyone think of central defender for the summer? on 09:50 - May 5 with 1377 viewsFixed_It

Anyone think of central defender for the summer? on 09:45 - May 5 by MrTown

Johnston don't know anything about. Dunkley not for me. I thought Blackett was a left back?

George Johnston. On Liverpool's books as a youth. Only 22 years old. Scottish youth caps. On loan to Wigan from Feyenoord. Believe he is out of contract this summer.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Anyone think of central defender for the summer? on 09:51 - May 5 with 1369 viewsitfcpaul

Always like Harry Soutter when he was at Fleetwood, but not sure of his contract position at Stoke at the moment

Baggott looks really good but probably a bit too early for him to be a starter

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Anyone think of central defender for the summer? on 09:54 - May 5 with 1344 viewsWoolfenthen

Innis (Charlton)
Anyone think of central defender for the summer? on 09:54 - May 5 with 1341 viewsMrTown

Anyone think of central defender for the summer? on 09:51 - May 5 by itfcpaul

Always like Harry Soutter when he was at Fleetwood, but not sure of his contract position at Stoke at the moment

Baggott looks really good but probably a bit too early for him to be a starter

Souttar was a man mountain at Fleetwood. Contracted for another 4 years at Stoke, playing pretty much every week. No chance on a deal there.

Baggott can't be relied on yet, still some way away from first team regular.

Anyone think of central defender for the summer? on 09:55 - May 5 with 1329 viewsMrTown

Anyone think of central defender for the summer? on 09:54 - May 5 by Woolfenthen

Innis (Charlton)

Great shout. Crystal Palace his parent club.

Had a really good spell with Charlton on loan. Imagine they'll be looking to sign him permanently as well.

Anyone think of central defender for the summer? on 09:57 - May 5 with 1313 viewschicoazul

Lads you’re all setting your sights far too low, we have Yank police pension cash to burn and Sergio Ramos is out of contract this summer.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Anyone think of central defender for the summer? on 10:01 - May 5 with 1290 viewsMrTown

Anyone think of central defender for the summer? on 09:50 - May 5 by Fixed_It

George Johnston. On Liverpool's books as a youth. Only 22 years old. Scottish youth caps. On loan to Wigan from Feyenoord. Believe he is out of contract this summer.

Just popped over to Wigan forum to see if there was anything on him. Few mentions for him regarding POTS, but they seem to rate Curtis Tilt there as well. He looks a small CB though, apparently just 6ft.

Side note, they really think that Callum Lang is pretty special.

Anyone think of central defender for the summer? on 10:03 - May 5 with 1271 viewsitfcpaul

Anyone think of central defender for the summer? on 09:54 - May 5 by MrTown

Souttar was a man mountain at Fleetwood. Contracted for another 4 years at Stoke, playing pretty much every week. No chance on a deal there.

Baggott can't be relied on yet, still some way away from first team regular.

As I thought but someone did ask........

need someone in the mould of him, but really don't know too much about the Championship players unfortunately

There's plenty of better ones that we have in this division but I am guessing we are hopefully looking for something s bit better than that

Would take Callum Connelly who seems to have progressed into a decent CH

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Anyone think of central defender for the summer? on 10:04 - May 5 with 1267 viewsMrTown

Anyone think of central defender for the summer? on 09:57 - May 5 by chicoazul

Lads you’re all setting your sights far too low, we have Yank police pension cash to burn and Sergio Ramos is out of contract this summer.

You said last week that one of Chambers or Nsiala will be here next year. Which one is it?

Anyone think of central defender for the summer? on 10:05 - May 5 with 1257 viewsMrTown

Anyone think of central defender for the summer? on 10:03 - May 5 by itfcpaul

need someone in the mould of him, but really don't know too much about the Championship players unfortunately

There's plenty of better ones that we have in this division but I am guessing we are hopefully looking for something s bit better than that

if we are looking in that mold, then someone has already mentioned Tom Anderson at Doncaster.

I think he could be a good option.

Anyone think of central defender for the summer? on 10:06 - May 5 with 1254 viewsParky

Anyone think of central defender for the summer? on 09:45 - May 5 by MrTown

Stranger things have happened, he’s out of contract in the summer. Dunkley was solid under Cook, a player that he will trust.

Johnston is out of contract at Feynoord, although they might have an option. Would be a quality signing imo, one that I could definitely see moved on for a good fee if he came here and done well.

Blackett can play left-back or centre-back, not been a regular at Forest this season. Was on Man United’s books and moved for almost £2m a few years ago, so definitely something about him.
Anyone think of central defender for the summer? on 10:18 - May 5 with 1200 viewsMrTown

Anyone think of central defender for the summer? on 10:06 - May 5 by Parky

Stranger things have happened, he’s out of contract in the summer. Dunkley was solid under Cook, a player that he will trust.

Johnston is out of contract at Feynoord, although they might have an option. Would be a quality signing imo, one that I could definitely see moved on for a good fee if he came here and done well.

Blackett can play left-back or centre-back, not been a regular at Forest this season. Was on Man United’s books and moved for almost £2m a few years ago, so definitely something about him.

Stranger things have happened, but he's been playing at Bournemouth, at the top end of the Championship, a Champ team will take him, especially on a free.

Dunkley at this level fully fit would be a very good signing. But he hasn't really consistently played since he fractured his leg at the start of 2020, and was out for 11 months. He's missed another 2 months this year due to injury. Has only played about 10 games. Seems a big gamble.

I genuinely don't know anything about that Johnston kid, but a couple have mentioned him now.

Blackett I remember at United, and Reading. Looked a good athlete, versatile. so possibly a good option.
[Post edited 5 May 2021 10:19]

Anyone think of central defender for the summer? on 10:18 - May 5 with 1197 viewstractorboy1978

Anyone think of central defender for the summer? on 10:03 - May 5 by itfcpaul

Connolly really does tick a lot of boxes. He's out of contract, only 23 and played a decent chunk of football consistently over the past few seasons (some of it in the Championship). He's probably the last decent loanee we actually had - looked a capable, solid Championship player for us. Has now blossomed into a decent centre half for Fleetwood, a warrior but also very comfortable on the ball and versatile too. Also played for Cook previously at Wigan.

Very much the type that could go on the journey with us and potentially be worth a few quid too as he develops further.
Anyone think of central defender for the summer? on 10:21 - May 5 with 1176 viewsMrTown

Anyone think of central defender for the summer? on 10:18 - May 5 by tractorboy1978

Connolly really does tick a lot of boxes. He's out of contract, only 23 and played a decent chunk of football consistently over the past few seasons (some of it in the Championship). He's probably the last decent loanee we actually had - looked a capable, solid Championship player for us. Has now blossomed into a decent centre half for Fleetwood, a warrior but also very comfortable on the ball and versatile too. Also played for Cook previously at Wigan.

Very much the type that could go on the journey with us and potentially be worth a few quid too as he develops further.

I liked Connolly, but not as central defender for me. Certainly can see him as CDM in one of the 2 roles in Cooks system.

Would be a really good and natural replacement if Downes were to be sold. Carbon copies of each other really.

Anyone think of central defender for the summer? on 10:23 - May 5 with 1152 viewsitfcpaul

Anyone think of central defender for the summer? on 10:21 - May 5 by MrTown

I liked Connolly, but not as central defender for me. Certainly can see him as CDM in one of the 2 roles in Cooks system.

Would be a really good and natural replacement if Downes were to be sold. Carbon copies of each other really.

I think he is settled in the CH role now, think he would be just what we need

We do need replacements for Dozzell and Downes, neither of them provide much if not anything currently, Dozzell plays 2 metre passes back t whoever has played it to him or plays it nowhere near a team mate and flings his arms in the air and Downes, I have no idea what he does

Anyone think of central defender for the summer? on 13:11 - May 5 with 935 viewsBlueBadger

Anyone think of central defender for the summer? on 10:04 - May 5 by MrTown

You said last week that one of Chambers or Nsiala will be here next year. Which one is it?

Pssst. I think Chico *might* be having a little giggle with you there, Lovejoy.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024