Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The French might cut off Jersey's electricity 10:15 - May 5 with 3742 viewsgiant_stow

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/france-jersey-uk-fishing-row-b184

They wouldn't really go through with that would they? Would be an ultra-aggressive, almost war-like move...

Is mr islander in? What do the locals reckon?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 10:18 - May 5 with 2158 viewsStokieBlue

No, they wouldn't go ahead with that.

Just some minister playing for the crowd.

SB

Avatar - IC484 - Horsehead and Flame Nebulae

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 10:23 - May 5 with 2135 viewsgiant_stow

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 10:18 - May 5 by StokieBlue

No, they wouldn't go ahead with that.

Just some minister playing for the crowd.

SB

It does feel like you're right but the fact he's a minister and feels free to make such threats says a lot imo.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 10:27 - May 5 with 2121 viewsStokieBlue

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 10:23 - May 5 by giant_stow

It does feel like you're right but the fact he's a minister and feels free to make such threats says a lot imo.

Why?

Our ministers talk absolute bobbins all the time.

SB

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 10:30 - May 5 with 2111 viewsgiant_stow

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 10:27 - May 5 by StokieBlue

Why?

Our ministers talk absolute bobbins all the time.

SB

Yeah but on that scale? Maybe farage has made some similar 'we should' style statements, but have any of our ministers threatened to effectively bring down a society? Genuine question - my memory is crappy....

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 10:31 - May 5 with 2101 viewsStokieBlue

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 10:30 - May 5 by giant_stow

Yeah but on that scale? Maybe farage has made some similar 'we should' style statements, but have any of our ministers threatened to effectively bring down a society? Genuine question - my memory is crappy....

Well they campaigned for and then implemented Brexit.....

SB

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 10:33 - May 5 with 2089 viewsgiant_stow

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 10:31 - May 5 by StokieBlue

Well they campaigned for and then implemented Brexit.....

SB

Yes, but that's got to be a smaller scale thing - a society without lecy can't function.

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 10:33 - May 5 with 2089 viewsearlsgreenblue

Political posturing, election time innit.
The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 10:35 - May 5 with 2073 viewsgiant_stow

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 10:33 - May 5 by earlsgreenblue

Political posturing, election time innit.

Spose. I'm just a little shocked at whats considered fair game now.

Login to get fewer ads

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 10:40 - May 5 with 2055 viewsblueislander

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 10:35 - May 5 by giant_stow

Spose. I'm just a little shocked at whats considered fair game now.

It’s all about scallops. From reports locally here which may well be biased, the French are trying to re-negotiate a previously agreed quota deal.
The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 10:44 - May 5 with 2044 viewsgiant_stow

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 10:40 - May 5 by blueislander

It’s all about scallops. From reports locally here which may well be biased, the French are trying to re-negotiate a previously agreed quota deal.

Interesting, ta. Seems like a very heavy handed negotiating stance, more like you'd expect from Putin than the French.

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 10:45 - May 5 with 2039 viewsearlsgreenblue

Hope you don’t drive a Renault, Citroen, Peugeot etc?
The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 10:45 - May 5 with 2037 viewsStokieBlue

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 10:44 - May 5 by giant_stow

Interesting, ta. Seems like a very heavy handed negotiating stance, more like you'd expect from Putin than the French.

It's classic Putin except the Russians actually do turn off the gas in the winter if they don't get what they want.

SB

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 10:46 - May 5 with 2035 viewsKeno

Are us Donkeys siding with the toads or the frogs?

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 10:47 - May 5 with 2030 viewsblueislander

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 10:44 - May 5 by giant_stow

As Stokie said, it is political posturing.
The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 10:48 - May 5 with 2020 viewsMattinLondon

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 10:33 - May 5 by giant_stow

Yes, but that's got to be a smaller scale thing - a society without lecy can't function.

Luckily for the UK, a society without common sense or logic can sort of function.
The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 10:50 - May 5 with 2014 viewsChiefXL

You're forgetting Ulla, a few months ago our politicians were threatening to send gunboats to protect British fishing interests.

Because British Fish. With British passports and everything.
The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 10:54 - May 5 with 2006 viewsgiant_stow

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 10:50 - May 5 by ChiefXL

You're forgetting Ulla, a few months ago our politicians were threatening to send gunboats to protect British fishing interests.

Because British Fish. With British passports and everything.

Yes I'm indeed forgetting that, but I still think that's on a totally different level. Isn't it normal for fisheries to be protected? Sure that Seaspriricy film featured the Sea Shephard boarding illegal fishing boats with guns off the coast of Africa, for instance.

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 10:54 - May 5 with 2004 viewsblueislander

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 10:46 - May 5 by Keno

Are us Donkeys siding with the toads or the frogs?

We are chuckling on the sidelines. It seems that we made a separate agreement with the Frogs.
The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 10:57 - May 5 with 1997 viewsgiant_stow

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 10:47 - May 5 by blueislander

As Stokie said, it is political posturing.

Fair enough - just seems like they're very free to go all in so soon. You could say its our fault for brexiting, but even so, I'm not sure that act deserves these threats even if they are just grandstanding.

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 10:58 - May 5 with 1990 viewsKeno

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 10:54 - May 5 by blueislander

We are chuckling on the sidelines. It seems that we made a separate agreement with the Frogs.

I must admit with what's happened with Covid and now this the States actually seem to be on the ball and know what they are doing!!

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 11:02 - May 5 with 1977 viewsWeWereZombies

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 10:54 - May 5 by blueislander

Surely you have enough offshore wind farms to be sustainable and self sufficient for electricity? Call their bluff and let them switch the supply off and then wonder why it is having no effect.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 11:13 - May 5 with 1949 viewsPinewoodblue

Not a Brexit matter though is it as Channel Islands were never in the EU.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 11:14 - May 5 with 1946 viewseireblue

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/priti-patel-ireland-food-shortage-no-deal-brex
The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 11:25 - May 5 with 1914 viewsgiant_stow

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 11:14 - May 5 by eireblue

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/priti-patel-ireland-food-shortage-no-deal-brex

That's a good one actually, given the historical context. But... (!).... still not on the level of threatenning the entire function of a society imo.

The French might cut off Jersey's electricity on 11:37 - May 5 with 1860 viewsjaykay

on the scale that you can get a woman locked up in iran

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024