Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ward 13:35 - May 5 with 2079 viewsclive_baker

Is he injured? Bit odd to give him the arm band for a few games and then bin him out of the 18. I notice he's played 29 times, perhaps there's some sort of financial trigger at 30 appearances?

Not a massive deal, as I would be incredibly surprised if he was kept on for next season.

It's starting to become pretty obvious who will and won't be here after June, for me the only senior ones that are a little uncertain are:

Edwards
Bishop
Nsiala

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Ward on 13:36 - May 5 with 1782 viewsfooters

I thought he'd departed already?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Ward on 13:37 - May 5 with 1778 viewschrismakin

I think it could be he trusted Ward more than kenlock and whilst we were still in with a chance of play offs he kept using him, as soon as it was over, no needs to play him and take the risks of injury etc..

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Ward on 13:40 - May 5 with 1744 viewspositivity

Ward on 13:37 - May 5 by chrismakin

I think it could be he trusted Ward more than kenlock and whilst we were still in with a chance of play offs he kept using him, as soon as it was over, no needs to play him and take the risks of injury etc..

on the match preview yesterday it was saying that he couldn't play again without triggering a new contract (as with judge).

kenlock's playing much better anyway...

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Ward on 13:41 - May 5 with 1733 viewschrismakin

Ward on 13:40 - May 5 by positivity

on the match preview yesterday it was saying that he couldn't play again without triggering a new contract (as with judge).

oh i see, carry on lol

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Ward on 13:45 - May 5 with 1685 viewsclive_baker

Ward on 13:40 - May 5 by positivity

Makes sense. Glad someone’s on the ball.

Ward on 13:47 - May 5 with 1665 viewsEl_Fenix

Offered odds of evens, I would take Edwards to leave and Nsiala to stay. Having no inside information I would not place a bet either way on Bishop.

ITFC shall rise like a phoenix from the ashes of its long decline!

Ward on 13:49 - May 5 with 1647 viewsitfcjoe

I don't see that Nsiala is uncertain, bearing in mind he is fit and not playing.

Wilson is injured, so would put him in the uncertain pile with Edwards and Bishop personally.

Think bishop will stay, and Edwards we'll make an offer to that he will turn down

I think you have hit nail on head re Ward's 29 starts

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Ward on 13:57 - May 5 with 1558 viewsurbanblue

Ward on 13:49 - May 5 by itfcjoe

I don't see that Nsiala is uncertain, bearing in mind he is fit and not playing.

Wilson is injured, so would put him in the uncertain pile with Edwards and Bishop personally.

Think bishop will stay, and Edwards we'll make an offer to that he will turn down

I think you have hit nail on head re Ward's 29 starts

I agree. I think all those that are fit and not playing are outa there. The club probably protecting them from getting injured so that they can find new clubs. Also think that was the reason for no subs last night.
Login to get fewer ads

Ward on 14:00 - May 5 with 1530 viewsKeaneish

I think it was simply a seniority call. There was a point in that game when either Dozzell or Fownes were pushing forward with the ball and looked for a pass from an overlapping full back - Ward was nowhere to be seen and took an age to come into shot.

No doubt he’s off if he hasn’t already gone.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Ward on 14:04 - May 5 with 1508 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Edwards is gone surely? We have no option, he's out of contract and had Championship interest in the past. Not sure he'd be staying even if we wanted him to

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Ward on 14:06 - May 5 with 1497 viewsMrTown

I actually think Myles Kenlock has done well this season, and again he showed last night another decent performance.

We certainly need another left back, I'll keep banging the drum for Tom Pearce.

Edwards, Nsiala and Bishop can all depart for me.
[Post edited 5 May 2021 14:07]

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Ward on 14:08 - May 5 with 1476 viewsMrTown

Ward on 14:04 - May 5 by BlueandTruesince82

Edwards is gone surely? We have no option, he's out of contract and had Championship interest in the past. Not sure he'd be staying even if we wanted him to

I hope so, I'll drive him to any Championship club in the country.

Not good enough, hope he turns down our offer and goes elsewhere.
[Post edited 5 May 2021 14:08]

Ward on 14:11 - May 5 with 1452 viewsclive_baker

Ward on 13:47 - May 5 by El_Fenix

Offered odds of evens, I would take Edwards to leave and Nsiala to stay. Having no inside information I would not place a bet either way on Bishop.

I have a sneaky suspicion Toto will stay, on the basis Chambers and Wilson will both move on, and he'll keep Toto around as cover. I get to this at the moment:

Stay: Woolfenden, Downes, Dozzell, KVY, Nolan, Dobra, Nydam, Norwood, Kenlock.

Leave immediately: Parrott, Harrop, Matheson, Chambers, Thomas, Jackson, McGuinness, Bennetts, Drinan, Wilson, Sears, Skuse, Ward, Huws.

Contracted but free to leave: Holy, Hawkins, Cornell, Lankester

TBC: Edwards, Bishop, Toto

That 'in the bin' list is massive. Must be £2m per year of wages there.

Edited to give Kenny a stay of execution.
[Post edited 5 May 2021 15:57]

Ward on 14:12 - May 5 with 1437 viewsBlueBadger

Ward on 14:08 - May 5 by MrTown

I hope so, I'll drive him to any Championship club in the country.

Not good enough, hope he turns down our offer and goes elsewhere.
[Post edited 5 May 2021 14:08]

Literally no Championship club in the land is signing Edwards.

Not unless they're Jewson Championship sides.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Ward on 14:17 - May 5 with 1403 viewsMrTown

Ward on 14:12 - May 5 by BlueBadger

Literally no Championship club in the land is signing Edwards.

Not unless they're Jewson Championship sides.

No one should sign Edwards, that doesn't mean no one will.
[Post edited 5 May 2021 14:18]

Ward on 14:19 - May 5 with 1379 viewsOsborneOneNil

Ward on 14:11 - May 5 by clive_baker

I have a sneaky suspicion Toto will stay, on the basis Chambers and Wilson will both move on, and he'll keep Toto around as cover. I get to this at the moment:

Leave immediately: Parrott, Harrop, Matheson, Chambers, Thomas, Jackson, McGuinness, Bennetts, Drinan, Wilson, Sears, Skuse, Ward, Huws.

I'd settle for that outcome, tbf. Maybe a slight 'sigh' for Bish........still love him to succeed here.
Ward on 14:23 - May 5 with 1361 viewsKieran_Knows

If we're honestly thinking of keeping Nsiala around, this club has learnt nothing.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Ward on 14:38 - May 5 with 1297 viewschrismakin

Ward on 14:06 - May 5 by MrTown

I actually think Myles Kenlock has done well this season, and again he showed last night another decent performance.

We certainly need another left back, I'll keep banging the drum for Tom Pearce.

Edwards, Nsiala and Bishop can all depart for me.
[Post edited 5 May 2021 14:07]

Kenlock showed last night why for 70 minutes he can be a first teamer
then 10 minutes not even good enough for conference
then 10 minutes reserve team football

So frustating, does some really positive things with the ball, provided some great width, overlap opportunities, and then showed he loves a sideline pass out of play, giving it straight to the oposition in the midfield, and went walk abouts at times.

If he was 19 with all the time to get the right coaching, He'd be brilliant, but he's now on 100 apperences and still hasn't got the bad parts out of his game.

ideal back up player imo.

Ward on 14:44 - May 5 with 1273 viewsTractorCam

Just popped up on my phone that he's not being offered a new deal. Very strange like you say.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Ward on 14:52 - May 5 with 1217 viewsTieDyedIn95

Ward on 14:38 - May 5 by chrismakin

So frustating, does some really positive things with the ball, provided some great width, overlap opportunities, and then showed he loves a sideline pass out of play, giving it straight to the oposition in the midfield, and went walk abouts at times.

If he was 19 with all the time to get the right coaching, He'd be brilliant, but he's now on 100 apperences and still hasn't got the bad parts out of his game.

I'd take 70 minutes of anyone in our current team being up to at least average in this league at the moment. The problem is we have people playing for 70-80 minutes below average and getting away with it because the league is sh1te.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Ward on 14:55 - May 5 with 1195 viewsMrTown

Ward on 14:38 - May 5 by chrismakin

Very rare a League 1 football will be brilliant for a full 90, there is a reason he is playing League 1 football.

But he has had a good season overall. A more than adequate back up, and would have no problem with him replacing a first choice for 10-15 games if needed.

As I said, Tom Pearce is my number left back target.

Ward on 15:31 - May 5 with 1121 viewsEl_Fenix

Ward on 14:11 - May 5 by clive_baker

I agree with your entire assessment, except for Kenlock leaving.

To begin with, I believe that Kenlock is under contract until 2022.

In addition: Kenlock is a decent left back; is confident, dynamic and effective going forward; has good positional sense when helping out his CB's; and plays with a lot of heart. He runs like an ostrich, but that is a purely cosmetic problem. He sometimes struggles against elite wingers, but that can be dealt with tactically. Unless an obviously superior replacement has already been lined up, I am confident that Paul Cook will retain Kenlock in his squad.

ITFC shall rise like a phoenix from the ashes of its long decline!

Ward on 15:37 - May 5 with 1077 viewsclive_baker

Ward on 15:31 - May 5 by El_Fenix

I agree with your entire assessment, except for Kenlock leaving.

To begin with, I believe that Kenlock is under contract until 2022.

In addition: Kenlock is a decent left back; is confident, dynamic and effective going forward; has good positional sense when helping out his CB's; and plays with a lot of heart. He runs like an ostrich, but that is a purely cosmetic problem. He sometimes struggles against elite wingers, but that can be dealt with tactically. Unless an obviously superior replacement has already been lined up, I am confident that Paul Cook will retain Kenlock in his squad.

You're right, he has another year on his deal, so in that respect he might well hang around. The fact Cook has given him a few starts recently suggests so too, and he hasn't looked bad at all. He did a few bits really well last night. He's unorthodox at times, but he's not a bad player by any means. I don't imagine Cook will ever play a back 3, but Kenlock could be interesting cover there too, on the left hand side so he has that bit of versatility. He's ample cover at this level, but I'll be a touch surprised if he's starting at left back in Cook's back 4 next season.

Ward on 15:42 - May 5 with 1040 viewsjayessess

Ward on 15:37 - May 5 by clive_baker

You're right, he has another year on his deal, so in that respect he might well hang around. The fact Cook has given him a few starts recently suggests so too, and he hasn't looked bad at all. He did a few bits really well last night. He's unorthodox at times, but he's not a bad player by any means. I don't imagine Cook will ever play a back 3, but Kenlock could be interesting cover there too, on the left hand side so he has that bit of versatility. He's ample cover at this level, but I'll be a touch surprised if he's starting at left back in Cook's back 4 next season.

Apart from anything else it's much easier to get in 1 very good new left back and tell your existing, under contract, okay left back he's got to fight for his place, than it is to deliberately recruit a reserve left back.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Ward on 15:43 - May 5 with 1037 viewsitfcjoe

Ward on 15:37 - May 5 by clive_baker

To me he's a bit of a throwback, the sort of player that may spend 8 years or so at a club, always a s a back up, rack up 150 appearances and never really let you down or nail down a place.

I'd be more than comfortable going into any season with him as a back up, and him playing 10-15 games if needed - much more than that and don't think he's good enough

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024