Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
DEFINITIVE LIST - players set to stay at Town into next season 15:18 - May 5 with 2682 viewsunstableblue

Below and ripped from the EADT mid-March are contract situations this summer.

Given the below contracts guestimate of who will remain after summer clear out to form the FIRST TEAM SQUAD (with caveats):

GK - Holy, Cornell (expect at least one will look to be moved on, new #1 incoming, difficult to shift incumbents, surprised Przybek released)

Defence - The Wolf, Wilson, Toto, Kenlock, KVY, Ndaba, Baggot (options taken on two, attempt to move out Ndaba, 1 CB and 2FBs incoming)

Midfield - Nolan, Lankester, Bishop, Nydam, Dobra, Gibbs, (Lankester will be moved on if possible, Bishop just staying, 2 wide mids and one deep midfielder incoming)

Attack - Norwood, Hawkins, Simpson (Attempt to release Hawkins; 2 strikers brought in)

That is 9, yes NINE incoming players. A very tall order indeed, as technical-quality/character is essential.

WHAT DO YOU THINK? WHAT HAVE I GOT WRONG?

Ipswich Town contracts expiring in 2021

Loans ending: McGuinness, Bennetts, Matheson, Harrop, Thomas, Parrott

Contracts with options: Chambers, Skuse, Ward (GONE already!), Donacien, Judge (GONE already!), Wilson, Sears, Jackson, Bishop, Nsiala, Nydam, El Mizouni, Przybek (GONE!), Folami (GONE!), Morris, Clements, Gibbs, Andoh, Z Brown, K Brown, Hughes

Contracts without options: Edwards, Wright (GONE!)

Unclear if contract contains option (GONE!!): Huws, Drinan, Cotter

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

DEFINITIVE LIST - players set to stay at Town into next season on 15:28 - May 5 with 2548 viewssurreyblue

I was having a look at this earlier and my best guess was 11 of the existing first team still being here at the start of the season:
- GK: Cornell
- Def: KVY, Wolf, Wilson, Kenlock
- mid: doz, Bishop, Downes, Dobra
- Att: Norwood, Jackson

So basically half a squad, and probably half a starting XI to add over the summer. Could be another tricky season.
[Post edited 5 May 2021 15:29]
DEFINITIVE LIST - players set to stay at Town into next season on 15:42 - May 5 with 2432 viewsMrTown

GK: Cornell / Holy - Holy to be moved on - 1 new first choice incoming
RB: Vincent-Young - 1 new right-back coming in - Tendayi Darikwa my preference
CB - Woolfenden - 2 new CB coming in - suggestions welcome
LB - Kenlock - 1 new left-back coming - Tom Pearce my preference
CDM - Downes / Nolan / Dozzell - 1 new CDM - Lee Evans my preference
Wingers - Dobra - 3 new wingers coming in - Charlie Kirk, Owen Dale and another.
CAM - 2 new CAM coming in - suggestions welcome
ST - Norwood / Hawkins - Hawkins to be moved on - 2 new Strikers coming in - Grigg and Pigott my preference

Lankester - El Mizouni - Nydam - Ndaba - Baggott all on the edge of the first team scene for me right now.

The rest unnamed to be released.

A huge overhaul ahead this summer, should be really exciting. Going around 13 incoming.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

DEFINITIVE LIST - players set to stay at Town into next season on 15:52 - May 5 with 2369 viewsPhilTWTD

Minor note, but Gibbs hasn't got an option on his contract.
DEFINITIVE LIST - players set to stay at Town into next season on 16:14 - May 5 with 2265 viewsJ2BLUE

DEFINITIVE LIST - players set to stay at Town into next season on 15:42 - May 5 by MrTown

Wingers - Dobra - 3 new wingers coming in - Charlie Kirk, Owen Dale and another.
ST - Norwood / Hawkins - Hawkins to be moved on - 2 new Strikers coming in - Grigg and Pigott my preference

Lankester - El Mizouni - Nydam - Ndaba - Baggott all on the edge of the first team scene for me right now.

A huge overhaul ahead this summer, should be really exciting. Going around 13 incoming.

Can we please, please leave the days of inadequate defensive cover behind us? I get that under Evans we made do but Gamechangers seem like serious people and I doubt they'll care about paying out one more wage. Going with three CBs which we seemed to do frequently should be well and truly beind us. If one gets injured then suddenly both of the others have to play every game.

Personally I would offer Nsiala a one year deal. I doubt he'd take it because he could get a better deal (length wise) somewhere else but he'd be decent for one season as cover.

We NEED eight defenders. Two for each position in a back four. Not necessarily two left footers and two right footers but four CBs.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

DEFINITIVE LIST - players set to stay at Town into next season on 16:33 - May 5 with 2177 viewschrismakin

DEFINITIVE LIST - players set to stay at Town into next season on 16:14 - May 5 by J2BLUE

Can we please, please leave the days of inadequate defensive cover behind us? I get that under Evans we made do but Gamechangers seem like serious people and I doubt they'll care about paying out one more wage. Going with three CBs which we seemed to do frequently should be well and truly beind us. If one gets injured then suddenly both of the others have to play every game.

Personally I would offer Nsiala a one year deal. I doubt he'd take it because he could get a better deal (length wise) somewhere else but he'd be decent for one season as cover.

We NEED eight defenders. Two for each position in a back four. Not necessarily two left footers and two right footers but four CBs.

RB Kvy - new
CB 1 Wolfy & Nsiala
CB 2 New - Wilson
LB New - Kenlock

Backup
Baggott
Andoh

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

DEFINITIVE LIST - players set to stay at Town into next season on 16:40 - May 5 with 2114 viewsbelgablue

Part of me thinks Edwards might be staying - his contract is up but he’s in the team everyweek. If he was being let go you’d think Cook would leave him out, same as he’s done with the others that are clearly off.

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

DEFINITIVE LIST - players set to stay at Town into next season on 18:25 - May 5 with 1891 viewsunstableblue

DEFINITIVE LIST - players set to stay at Town into next season on 15:52 - May 5 by PhilTWTD

Minor note, but Gibbs hasn't got an option on his contract.

Phil - You'd think the club would want to keep him? only 18, and thought was rated

Any other youth who might be kept on? or make it into first team squad?

What's happening with Brett McGavin?

always questions Phil

No Bishop? on 18:27 - May 5 with 1882 viewsunstableblue

DEFINITIVE LIST - players set to stay at Town into next season on 15:42 - May 5 by MrTown

I'm on the fence.. love the player... but just doesn't do enough in this league

Login to get fewer ads

DEFINITIVE LIST - players set to stay at Town into next season on 18:28 - May 5 with 1880 viewsPhilTWTD

DEFINITIVE LIST - players set to stay at Town into next season on 18:25 - May 5 by unstableblue

Phil - You'd think the club would want to keep him? only 18, and thought was rated

Any other youth who might be kept on? or make it into first team squad?

What's happening with Brett McGavin?

always questions Phil

Gibbs has been offered a contract and I expect he'll sign it but there is interest from Premier League sides.

Don't know on McGavin but wouldn't surprise me if he was released. I think there will be a few in his sort of position, El Mizouni, who will move on.
DEFINITIVE LIST - players set to stay at Town into next season on 18:44 - May 5 with 1781 viewsxrayspecs

DEFINITIVE LIST - players set to stay at Town into next season on 16:40 - May 5 by belgablue

Part of me thinks Edwards might be staying - his contract is up but he’s in the team everyweek. If he was being let go you’d think Cook would leave him out, same as he’s done with the others that are clearly off.

Given the alternatives appear to be Bennets or Sears, Edwards may be selected on the basis of there being no one else who can play wide left...
[Post edited 5 May 2021 18:47]
DEFINITIVE LIST - players set to stay at Town into next season on 18:45 - May 5 with 1776 viewsEireannach_gorm

We should school Ndaba and Woolfenden with two experienced CBs. Baggot can be phased in later.We need to plan the throughput of young players into the squad.Dropping them into the team and expecting them to save the day is a bit foolish ( that's what our loans should be for ).
DEFINITIVE LIST - players set to stay at Town into next season on 21:26 - May 5 with 1379 viewsunstableblue

DEFINITIVE LIST - players set to stay at Town into next season on 18:28 - May 5 by PhilTWTD

Gibbs has been offered a contract and I expect he'll sign it but there is interest from Premier League sides.

Don't know on McGavin but wouldn't surprise me if he was released. I think there will be a few in his sort of position, El Mizouni, who will move on.

Interesting on Gibbs - Iooks a prospect, albeit a bit like our generic academy players, i.e. lightweight?? - the FA Youth Cup has perhaps put him in the shop window.

So surprised on El Mizouni I thought he was going to break through as a key player, but seems to have lost his way.

McGavin looked poor in the early games I saw him - well at least not a player who was going to grab games... but some of his first team performance he really did OK.

God its brutal for these young professionals.

DEFINITIVE LIST - players set to stay at Town into next season on 21:26 - May 5 with 1373 viewsunstableblue

DEFINITIVE LIST - players set to stay at Town into next season on 18:45 - May 5 by Eireannach_gorm

We should school Ndaba and Woolfenden with two experienced CBs. Baggot can be phased in later.We need to plan the throughput of young players into the squad.Dropping them into the team and expecting them to save the day is a bit foolish ( that's what our loans should be for ).

I'd say Baggot is up the pecking order than Ndaba

Agree with all that apart from Jackson... on 21:32 - May 5 with 1342 viewsunstableblue

DEFINITIVE LIST - players set to stay at Town into next season on 15:28 - May 5 by surreyblue

I was having a look at this earlier and my best guess was 11 of the existing first team still being here at the start of the season:
- GK: Cornell
- Def: KVY, Wolf, Wilson, Kenlock
- mid: doz, Bishop, Downes, Dobra
- Att: Norwood, Jackson

So basically half a squad, and probably half a starting XI to add over the summer. Could be another tricky season.
[Post edited 5 May 2021 15:29]

...he is well gone in my view.

But as you say... and as per my post.. purchasing and integrating 8, 9, 10 players is a very tall order.... and we may need to be patient.

But its exciting. And despite the question marks over our incoming Ashton Gate mgmt system, they are leap forward to what we have and give us a much better chance, if Cook is given the right model and support.

DEFINITIVE LIST - players set to stay at Town into next season on 21:34 - May 5 with 1337 viewsKeaneish

I’m expecting McGuiness and Parrott to come back so I think we’ll see six or seven coming in :

1 x GK
2 x FB
1 x CB
2 x WM
1 x ST

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

DEFINITIVE LIST - players set to stay at Town into next season on 21:50 - May 5 with 1304 viewsxrayspecs

DEFINITIVE LIST - players set to stay at Town into next season on 21:26 - May 5 by unstableblue

Interesting on Gibbs - Iooks a prospect, albeit a bit like our generic academy players, i.e. lightweight?? - the FA Youth Cup has perhaps put him in the shop window.

So surprised on El Mizouni I thought he was going to break through as a key player, but seems to have lost his way.

McGavin looked poor in the early games I saw him - well at least not a player who was going to grab games... but some of his first team performance he really did OK.

God its brutal for these young professionals.

If a first team squad is circa 25 senior pros, and say they are aged 19-32, then progressing 1-2 players per season out of each age group to the first team is pretty good going. Most of the players in the academy will not make the grade at ITFC, some will play down the leagues, the majority will be non-league at best.

XRS jr was a decent cricketer and got into the Surrey age group county set up. At the trials, the head of coaching said that the county regarded the academy a success if on average it produced one player a year who went on to secure a professional contract.

There were around 100 selected in his age group aged 13, there is one left, 19, who is playing second XI cricket but has not yet got a pro deal. It is brutal.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024