Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
[Redacted] 07:11 - May 6 with 3768 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
[Redacted] on 07:26 - May 6 with 1570 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Plans for 50% funding cut to arts subjects at universities on 07:32 - May 6 with 1548 viewsfooters

Great news.

I mean it's not like the UK has a multi-billion-pound arts and media industry because if it did that would be really fcking stupid.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

[Redacted] on 07:45 - May 6 with 1508 viewsvictorywilhappen

Plans for 50% funding cut to arts subjects at universities on 07:32 - May 6 by footers

Great news.

I mean it's not like the UK has a multi-billion-pound arts and media industry because if it did that would be really fcking stupid.

[Redacted]
Plans for 50% funding cut to arts subjects at universities on 07:48 - May 6 with 1496 viewsfooters

[Redacted] on 07:45 - May 6 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

Maybe reflect on your stupid position the next time you watch TV, go to the cinema, a gig or a gallery.

This post has been edited by an administrator

[Redacted] on 07:50 - May 6 with 1480 viewsvictorywilhappen

Plans for 50% funding cut to arts subjects at universities on 07:48 - May 6 by footers

Maybe reflect on your stupid position the next time you watch TV, go to the cinema, a gig or a gallery.

This post has been edited by an administrator

[Redacted]
Plans for 50% funding cut to arts subjects at universities on 08:09 - May 6 with 1410 viewsPinewoodblue

There is a need to look afresh at degrees some, less demanding, subjects could easily be covered over a two year period.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Plans for 50% funding cut to arts subjects at universities on 08:12 - May 6 with 1399 viewsDubtractor

[Redacted] on 07:50 - May 6 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

I think you may have worded your op really poorly in fairness.

It reads like you think the arts are a waste of time.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

[Redacted] on 08:18 - May 6 with 1384 viewsvictorywilhappen

Plans for 50% funding cut to arts subjects at universities on 08:09 - May 6 by Pinewoodblue

There is a need to look afresh at degrees some, less demanding, subjects could easily be covered over a two year period.

[Redacted]
Login to get fewer ads

Plans for 50% funding cut to arts subjects at universities on 08:19 - May 6 with 1374 viewsstjohnsblue

I’m not sure I can comment on the gist of how this thread is going as my head’s a bit fuzzy from too many babyshams.

I’m pretty worried about the long term effect of this proposal. Funding and priority for the Arts has already been decimated at secondary school level and the impact of this will be felt even wider.

Not being a ‘strategic priority’ feels like a kick in the nads as personally music, comedy, podcasts, live streams and a bit of gaming got me through the last 15 months when there didn’t seem much light.

My job is within the creative industry (within music and alternative education) and the 50% arts cut proposal is very troubling. The Arts covers music, radio, dance, film, design and so much more. The jobs the sector supports can be anything from a 1st rung opportunity running for a film production to audio and lighting engineers, set designers before you even get to ‘the artists’ themselves.

I’m not sure how much the government really values the £10.8 billion (and growing) industry it’s about to stifle. The Arts aren’t just a flouncy subject and about a theatre production of a 2hr ‘difficult to watch naked monologue about the pains of being governed by one’s own genitals’.

If anyone here has danced in a nightclub, been to a gig, listened to Spotify, watched Netflix or turned on the radio, put some artwork on your wall, that’s all ‘The Arts’ and the creative industries.

Regardless of anyone’s political persuasions a world without the arts (or a hamstrung sector) is a soulless place.

Apologies for the ramble, this forum is the closest I get to social media.
[Redacted] on 08:19 - May 6 with 1375 viewsvictorywilhappen

Plans for 50% funding cut to arts subjects at universities on 08:12 - May 6 by Dubtractor

[Redacted]
Plans for 50% funding cut to arts subjects at universities on 08:42 - May 6 with 1310 viewsPinewoodblue

[Redacted] on 08:19 - May 6 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

To be fair it wasn’t clear, on reading your initial post, what you were trying to say.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Plans for 50% funding cut to arts subjects at universities on 08:48 - May 6 with 1264 viewsbluelagos

Plans for 50% funding cut to arts subjects at universities on 08:12 - May 6 by Dubtractor

The difficulties of getting sarcasm across on social media :-)

Only on TWTD can people who all agree the cuts are sh1te have a war of arrows!

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Plans for 50% funding cut to arts subjects at universities on 08:49 - May 6 with 1252 viewsDarth_Koont

You may well be right about the need for arts students to have more life experience first.

So I get your OP after reading more. But you might want to edit as it sounds like something else entirely on the first reading.

Pronouns: He/Him

[Redacted] on 08:52 - May 6 with 1228 viewsvictorywilhappen

Plans for 50% funding cut to arts subjects at universities on 08:42 - May 6 by Pinewoodblue

To be fair it wasn’t clear, on reading your initial post, what you were trying to say.

[Redacted]
Plans for 50% funding cut to arts subjects at universities on 08:57 - May 6 with 1207 viewsGuthrum

Almost like educational policymakers have no idea what a well-rounded, civilized society looks like. Where are all the engineering and science jobs for the (first degree) graduates in those areas they are hoping to turn out?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Plans for 50% funding cut to arts subjects at universities on 08:57 - May 6 with 1206 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Isn't it pretty much impossible to fa an art degree due to its totally subjective nature?

Unless you don't submit anythimg at all?

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Plans for 50% funding cut to arts subjects at universities on 08:58 - May 6 with 1202 viewsfooters

[Redacted] on 08:52 - May 6 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

Saying the opposite of what you mean is, like, well arty and subversive. Money well spent on your degree.

[Redacted] on 09:01 - May 6 with 1194 viewsvictorywilhappen

Plans for 50% funding cut to arts subjects at universities on 08:49 - May 6 by Darth_Koont

You may well be right about the need for arts students to have more life experience first.

So I get your OP after reading more. But you might want to edit as it sounds like something else entirely on the first reading.

[Redacted]
[Redacted] on 09:02 - May 6 with 1187 viewsvictorywilhappen

Plans for 50% funding cut to arts subjects at universities on 08:58 - May 6 by footers

Saying the opposite of what you mean is, like, well arty and subversive. Money well spent on your degree.

[Redacted]
Plans for 50% funding cut to arts subjects at universities on 09:03 - May 6 with 1173 viewsGlasgowBlue

[Redacted] on 07:50 - May 6 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

Well this escalated quickly.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

[Redacted] on 09:05 - May 6 with 1174 viewsvictorywilhappen

Plans for 50% funding cut to arts subjects at universities on 08:57 - May 6 by BlueandTruesince82

Isn't it pretty much impossible to fa an art degree due to its totally subjective nature?

Unless you don't submit anythimg at all?

[Redacted]
Plans for 50% funding cut to arts subjects at universities on 09:08 - May 6 with 1151 viewsStokieBlue

[Redacted] on 08:18 - May 6 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

That's an unbelievably condescending post.

Art is surely in the eye of the beholder and meaning and understanding are different for everyone and it's a purely individual thing.

You dictating what experience is required and what people should see in the art is against what art should be about.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

[Redacted] on 09:09 - May 6 with 1151 viewsvictorywilhappen

Plans for 50% funding cut to arts subjects at universities on 09:03 - May 6 by GlasgowBlue

Well this escalated quickly.

[Redacted]
Plans for 50% funding cut to arts subjects at universities on 09:11 - May 6 with 1139 viewsGuthrum

[Redacted] on 09:05 - May 6 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

Not to mention technical skill in disciplines such as drawing, sculpting, composition, etc.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Plans for 50% funding cut to arts subjects at universities on 09:12 - May 6 with 1115 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

My thread is definitely better and illustrates that when it comes to replies, sometimes less is more!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024