Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That ITFC shirt in Ed's insta post.. 14:23 - May 6 with 1865 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

...I always remember the material being stifling hot if you played football in it?

Anyone know if the first team kit was the same material? Surprised the players got through 90 mins if so!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

That ITFC shirt in Ed's insta post.. on 15:13 - May 6 with 1776 viewsSouperJim

Yeah that one is quite thick, almost fleecey on the inside innit. Bizarre.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

That ITFC shirt in Ed's insta post.. on 15:17 - May 6 with 1758 viewsitfcjoe

Yeah it was, and the other Punch kits before (i.e. the fade one) are just so heavy

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

That ITFC shirt in Ed's insta post.. on 15:17 - May 6 with 1749 viewschrismakin

they were hot just to sit in, let alone play football in.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

That ITFC shirt in Ed's insta post.. on 15:20 - May 6 with 1739 viewsTieDyedIn95

I played in it for school and football training as a teenager and it was a sweat machine, all the 90's ones were pretty bad for that to be honest! The orange away was a little better but the first shirt we had that really breathed well was the Sky-blue TXU one a few years later.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

That ITFC shirt in Ed's insta post.. on 15:21 - May 6 with 1727 viewschrismakin

That ITFC shirt in Ed's insta post.. on 15:20 - May 6 by TieDyedIn95

I played in it for school and football training as a teenager and it was a sweat machine, all the 90's ones were pretty bad for that to be honest! The orange away was a little better but the first shirt we had that really breathed well was the Sky-blue TXU one a few years later.

I remember the Richard Wright cream GK jersey from 99 i think it was, you literally could solve any world water crisis after wearing that for an hour

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

That ITFC shirt in Ed's insta post.. on 15:24 - May 6 with 1709 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

That ITFC shirt in Ed's insta post.. on 15:17 - May 6 by itfcjoe

Yeah it was, and the other Punch kits before (i.e. the fade one) are just so heavy

Any idea whether the first team kit was made of the same material?

If so, no wonder they didn't get promoted. They may as well have started a goal down!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

That ITFC shirt in Ed's insta post.. on 15:24 - May 6 with 1701 viewsTieDyedIn95

That ITFC shirt in Ed's insta post.. on 15:21 - May 6 by chrismakin

I remember the Richard Wright cream GK jersey from 99 i think it was, you literally could solve any world water crisis after wearing that for an hour

The cream and black away could be a bit brutal as well. Actually the green/claret thing was the better one now I come to think of it!

Bring back the green and claret away I say!

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81

That ITFC shirt in Ed's insta post.. on 15:25 - May 6 with 1699 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

That ITFC shirt in Ed's insta post.. on 15:20 - May 6 by TieDyedIn95

The 1992 one with the laces was pretty good.

Login to get fewer ads

That ITFC shirt in Ed's insta post.. on 15:25 - May 6 with 1691 viewsTieDyedIn95

That ITFC shirt in Ed's insta post.. on 15:24 - May 6 by Marshalls_Mullet

If so, no wonder they didn't get promoted. They may as well have started a goal down!

I think they were tbh!

That ITFC shirt in Ed's insta post.. on 15:25 - May 6 with 1691 viewschrismakin

That ITFC shirt in Ed's insta post.. on 15:24 - May 6 by Marshalls_Mullet

Aren't the player shirts usually made of different materials, otherwise the fan shirts would cost double?

That ITFC shirt in Ed's insta post.. on 15:26 - May 6 with 1687 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

That ITFC shirt in Ed's insta post.. on 15:24 - May 6 by TieDyedIn95

The cream and black away could be a bit brutal as well. Actually the green/claret thing was the better one now I come to think of it!

Yeah, I had that one too. Not too bad.

The red with black pinstripe was pretty light too.

Probably my fave shirt;

That ITFC shirt in Ed's insta post.. on 15:26 - May 6 with 1686 viewsTieDyedIn95

That ITFC shirt in Ed's insta post.. on 15:25 - May 6 by Marshalls_Mullet

Until they came lose and got in your face with the wind! I think I lost mine in the end but I was only a kid when I had that one!

That ITFC shirt in Ed's insta post.. on 15:26 - May 6 with 1683 viewschrismakin

Love seeing old shirts, really brings back the memories

That ITFC shirt in Ed's insta post.. on 15:28 - May 6 with 1671 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

That ITFC shirt in Ed's insta post.. on 15:26 - May 6 by TieDyedIn95

Until they came lose and got in your face with the wind! I think I lost mine in the end but I was only a kid when I had that one!

I was 12 when I had it, lost the laces though!

It still fits me somehow! I had a large adults shirt aged 12, baggy fit was more of a thing then.

That ITFC shirt in Ed's insta post.. on 15:28 - May 6 with 1664 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

That ITFC shirt in Ed's insta post.. on 15:25 - May 6 by chrismakin

Aren't the player shirts usually made of different materials, otherwise the fan shirts would cost double?

Thats sometimes the case these days, not sure it was in the 90's.

That ITFC shirt in Ed's insta post.. on 15:31 - May 6 with 1641 viewschrismakin

That ITFC shirt in Ed's insta post.. on 15:28 - May 6 by Marshalls_Mullet

Thats sometimes the case these days, not sure it was in the 90's.

You're probably right, Can't remember ever seeing options to have an alternative shirt

That ITFC shirt in Ed's insta post.. on 15:38 - May 6 with 1610 viewsPhilTWTD

The cream and black one was like wearing a jumper, wasn't it? Think that was probably the worst of the lot that I remember.
That ITFC shirt in Ed's insta post.. on 15:45 - May 6 with 1577 viewschrismakin

That ITFC shirt in Ed's insta post.. on 15:38 - May 6 by PhilTWTD

The cream and black one was like wearing a jumper, wasn't it? Think that was probably the worst of the lot that I remember.

Philip, Town linked with Joe Morrell of luton ... Courtsey of EFL zone on twitter.

That ITFC shirt in Ed's insta post.. on 16:25 - May 6 with 1496 viewsRadioOrwell

I witnessed that shirt a few times.
It was awful and seeing that photo tells me it was worse than I thought.

reeeeeely bad
That ITFC shirt in Ed's insta post.. on 16:35 - May 6 with 1457 viewsPhilTWTD

That ITFC shirt in Ed's insta post.. on 15:45 - May 6 by chrismakin

Philip, Town linked with Joe Morrell of luton ... Courtsey of EFL zone on twitter.

Not sure that's a reliable source. Morrell was born in Ipswich, coincidentally.
That ITFC shirt in Ed's insta post.. on 17:04 - May 6 with 1352 viewsBryanPlug

That ITFC shirt in Ed's insta post.. on 15:25 - May 6 by Marshalls_Mullet

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024