Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Isn't Brian Eno from Ipswich or thereabouts? 20:17 - May 6 with 4511 viewsHalifaxBlue

missed opportunity...

Poll: Hurst or Ross, discounting any other candidates?

Isn't Brian Eno from Ipswich or thereabouts? on 07:57 - May 7 with 2320 viewsElephantintheRoom

In the same class at Woodbridge School as Nick Lowe - clearly a good year for semi-posh kids with a bit of music in them

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Isn't Brian Eno from Ipswich or thereabouts? on 09:09 - May 7 with 2274 viewsblue62

Isn't Brian Eno from Ipswich or thereabouts? on 20:31 - May 6 by gainsboroughblue

Melton to be precise I believe. I kind of knew his brother Roger from work. One of my musical heroes is Brian.

I thought it was Woodbridge, Victoria Road, or maybe that was his parent's house. I went to college with his sister.
Isn't Brian Eno from Ipswich or thereabouts? on 10:09 - May 7 with 2250 viewswoodbridge_blue

Isn't Brian Eno from Ipswich or thereabouts? on 09:09 - May 7 by blue62

I thought it was Woodbridge, Victoria Road, or maybe that was his parent's house. I went to college with his sister.

Brian bought the house in Victoria Road for his parents in the late-70s. It was virtually opposite where I grew up. Roger lived there and Brian occasionally visited. The house was demolished some years ago after his mother died and has since been rebuilt.

I used to go round there and listen to music with Roger....Mrs Eno was not a fan of Brian's creations!

Brian lived in a large house in Pytches Road Woodbridge, called The Wilderness, with a large studio in the basement which I visited on a couple of occasions. Frustratingly, I missed Bowie by a few days, but did meet Daniel Lanois, who Eno worked with on, amongst other productions, The Joshua Tree.
(No subject) (n/t) on 10:50 - May 7 with 2240 viewsScuzzer

Isn't Brian Eno from Ipswich or thereabouts? on 20:21 - May 6 by Fixed_It

Woodbridge. He owns the half Alan Curbishley doesn't...

Established 1968

Isn't Brian Eno from Ipswich or thereabouts? on 11:39 - May 7 with 2220 views2blue

https://imgshare.io/image/pyGmAp

Poll: What would you prefer to happen?

Isn't Brian Eno from Ipswich or thereabouts? on 13:25 - May 7 with 2199 viewsSharkey

Isn't Brian Eno from Ipswich or thereabouts? on 22:29 - May 6 by Melford

His brother Roger played on this album. Apparently before this 2019 remaster they were seen at Portman Road to fully realise the concept of no atmosphere.

Does he occasionally drink in the Odd One Out in Colchester?
Isn't Brian Eno from Ipswich or thereabouts? on 14:41 - May 7 with 2181 viewsjontysnut

Isn't Brian Eno from Ipswich or thereabouts? on 01:01 - May 7 by BLUEBEAT

He has a recording studio on the edge of town.

A lot of the equipment was used to record The Jam’s ‘Sound Affects’ album.

Here is the lad himself getting a little funky with Reg Webb's Fusion - used to watch them quite a bit in the Royal William

Isn't Brian Eno from Ipswich or thereabouts? on 14:49 - May 7 with 2173 viewsblue62

Isn't Brian Eno from Ipswich or thereabouts? on 22:12 - May 6 by IP12

Brian Eno was born at 'The Phyllis Memorial Nursing Home' @ Melton (which is now a nursery school). As a young lad he lived near St John's Church in Woodbridge. Apart from me, I only know of 2 other people born at the Phyllis and one of those is Mr Eno.

I was as well (in 62), so was my neighbour so I found out. That's doubled your tally.
Login to get fewer ads

Isn't Brian Eno from Ipswich or thereabouts? on 14:56 - May 7 with 2167 viewsblue62

Isn't Brian Eno from Ipswich or thereabouts? on 10:09 - May 7 by woodbridge_blue

Brian bought the house in Victoria Road for his parents in the late-70s. It was virtually opposite where I grew up. Roger lived there and Brian occasionally visited. The house was demolished some years ago after his mother died and has since been rebuilt.

I used to go round there and listen to music with Roger....Mrs Eno was not a fan of Brian's creations!

Brian lived in a large house in Pytches Road Woodbridge, called The Wilderness, with a large studio in the basement which I visited on a couple of occasions. Frustratingly, I missed Bowie by a few days, but did meet Daniel Lanois, who Eno worked with on, amongst other productions, The Joshua Tree.

Cool story, I lived in Beconsfield for a few years, handy for the pub.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024