Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You know your f#cked when...... 08:08 - May 7 with 1911 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Starmer begins a party election broadcast with "I love my country....."

We continue with our Le Penn moment.....'but the Left!!!'

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

You know your f#cked when...... on 10:07 - May 7 with 606 viewsTieDyedIn95

You know your f#cked when...... on 08:52 - May 7 by BanksterDebtSlave

The appeal to nationalism at the very start of the broadcast just said...."yep, I've got nothing!"

Edit....just a shame the focus groups didn't read the tea leaves before Brexit!
[Post edited 7 May 2021 8:57]

I am not sure loving your country and far-right nationalism are exactly the same thing. In which case Ian Wright must be the most right wing member of the BBC.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

You know your f#cked when...... on 10:08 - May 7 with 613 viewsGuthrum

You know your f#cked when...... on 09:55 - May 7 by PrideOfTheEast

Labour completely screwed up with having Corbyn at the helm - whilst party membership and such might be high, that man has done more to put people off labour than ever before. Completely marginalising the North East because of his ridiculous, outdated stances on everything...and if you manage to marginalise the North East with that approach then you know you have it wrong.

I still recall the night of the last election and some of the ridiculous Corbyn at all costs type posts on here from otherwise sensible people. I dread to think what was being written on other platforms that I don't use.

Starmer is just a nothing candidate and again they can't and won't compete. The Hartlepool result was entirely predictable.

Wouldn't say Starmer is a 'nothing' candidate, but he is a more traditional political leader in a time when the electorate are in the sway of raving populists. Calm professionalism simply doesn't cut it at the moment with a lot of people. Shouty slogans and exaggerated posturing carry more weight.

This is largely because most of us have had to put up with years of disasters and economic strain (real or perceived) and are looking for radical solutions, not careful management, however unviable the former might actually be.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

You know your f#cked when...... on 10:11 - May 7 with 604 viewsDarth_Koont

You know your f#cked when...... on 10:07 - May 7 by BlueBadger

If the Dear Leader had actually bothered his arse to campaign for his party's 'remain' position and use his alleged powers of He Egages with Young People(a significantly under-represented group n turnout in 2016 who probably would have swayed the result the other way) in the 2016 referendum we might have actually stayed, the Tories would now be tearing themselves apart over Blue Passports and No Foreigners whilst lurching ever further towards extremism and, in the worst case scenario, we'd probably be living under coalition government in the EU, right now.

Pronouns: He/Him

You know your f#cked when...... on 10:14 - May 7 with 600 viewsBlueBadger

You know your f#cked when...... on 10:08 - May 7 by Guthrum

Wouldn't say Starmer is a 'nothing' candidate, but he is a more traditional political leader in a time when the electorate are in the sway of raving populists. Calm professionalism simply doesn't cut it at the moment with a lot of people. Shouty slogans and exaggerated posturing carry more weight.

This is largely because most of us have had to put up with years of disasters and economic strain (real or perceived) and are looking for radical solutions, not careful management, however unviable the former might actually be.

He's Mick McCarthy to Boris's Paul Lambert and the public still thinks they're going to see free beer, Improved Football and an extended voyage on the HMS Pisstheleague.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

You know your f#cked when...... on 10:15 - May 7 with 597 viewsBlueBadger

https://newsthump.com/2021/05/07/corbynites-lambaste-keir-starmer-for-delivering

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

You know your f#cked when...... on 10:16 - May 7 with 598 viewsBlueBadger

You know your f#cked when...... on 09:56 - May 7 by BanksterDebtSlave

If only they had pushed Lexit!!
It's you missing the point if you think Starmer's faux nationalism will suck them in with his Remainer credentials.

I'm enjoying your whole 'nationalism is bad' thing whilst also suggesting that Labour should embrace the not-at-all-utterly-rooted-in-nationalsim Brexit movement.
[Post edited 7 May 2021 11:56]

You know your f#cked when...... on 12:00 - May 7 with 553 viewsPrideOfTheEast

You know your f#cked when...... on 10:03 - May 7 by StokieBlue

To be fair, Labour are bringing Jezza into it:

Once again I think that totally misses the context of Brexit, Covid and the UKIP votes in the last election.

SB

Exactly. They seem completely blind to reality which is damaging to UK politics and of course the country as a whole.
You know your f#cked when...... on 12:11 - May 7 with 549 viewsnoggin

You know your f#cked when...... on 09:32 - May 7 by nodge_blue

And your comment is why Hartlepool has fallen to the Conservatives. You miss the point that most people are patriotic and this narrative that they shouldn't be winds them up to the extent they won't vote for a party (labour) that has forgotten that.

Its why Starmer said it.

But its not enough as they don't trust the left of the Labour party.

The left need to be ejected like they were under Kinnock.

What does 'patriotic' even mean?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Login to get fewer ads

You know your f#cked when...... on 12:14 - May 7 with 547 viewsnoggin

You know your f#cked when...... on 09:34 - May 7 by Herbivore

Too many people aren't feeling the consequences yet. It's easy to dismiss exports crashing and the fishing industry and farmers being utterly screwed over when you don't know any of those people personally. For many Brexit voters, life hasn't really changed post-Brexit and they'll chalk that up as a success. Maybe things will change when they head off to Spain for a holiday and spend hours queuing at passport control.

As an EU citizen looking to retire in Southern Europe in a few years time, I'm hoping brexit will make it more difficult for Brits to travel and settle.
[Post edited 7 May 2021 12:24]

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

You know your f#cked when...... on 13:00 - May 7 with 512 viewsgiant_stow

You know your f#cked when...... on 10:11 - May 7 by Darth_Koont

congrats on the win fella. Part 2 tomorrow hey?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

You know your f#cked when...... on 13:27 - May 7 with 488 viewsnodge_blue

You know your f#cked when...... on 09:56 - May 7 by BanksterDebtSlave

If only they had pushed Lexit!!
It's you missing the point if you think Starmer's faux nationalism will suck them in with his Remainer credentials.

I don't think its nationalistic to say you love your country.

The proof is in the pudding. You can debate it all you like. But Labour has constantly fell out of public favour when its swung to the left - going back to the Michael Foot days.

The message doesn't get through to the left wing though because of course they cant possibly be wrong.

Thats why they need a different party and leave the Labour party to the moderates who then tend to get favour with the majority of the country.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

You know your f#cked when...... on 13:50 - May 7 with 476 viewsfactual_blue

You know your f#cked when...... on 10:02 - May 7 by Swansea_Blue

If Starmer thinks he can play the Tories at the patriotism game, he's peeing in the wind. Nothing to stop him trying though. I think Starmer's also hamstrung (possibly moreso) by character. Johnson's acting and bluster seems to win him a lot of support. Starmer is clearly the more competent and diligent man, by a HUUUUGE distance, but people don't want that for some reason. And then nobody really knows what Labour stand for, which is another issue, although possibly not as large a one as is often made out.

tories do jingoism, not patriotism. You know, wave the flag and flog the [outdated insult for a person of colour, very popular with The Friends Of jim davidson]

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

You know your f#cked when...... on 15:18 - May 7 with 433 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

You know your f#cked when...... on 10:16 - May 7 by BlueBadger

I'm enjoying your whole 'nationalism is bad' thing whilst also suggesting that Labour should embrace the not-at-all-utterly-rooted-in-nationalsim Brexit movement.
[Post edited 7 May 2021 11:56]

Hence the need for non nationalistic Lexit to shape the argument....unfortunately middle class luvvies had too much to lose.

You know your f#cked when...... on 15:20 - May 7 with 432 viewsBlueBadger

You know your f#cked when...... on 15:18 - May 7 by BanksterDebtSlave

Hence the need for non nationalistic Lexit to shape the argument....unfortunately middle class luvvies had too much to lose.

There is no such thing as a non-nationalistic Brexit. It all ultimately boils down to 'rah-rah-rah we can do things better than foreigners'.

You know your f#cked when...... on 15:32 - May 7 with 418 viewsDarth_Koont

You know your f#cked when...... on 13:00 - May 7 by giant_stow

congrats on the win fella. Part 2 tomorrow hey?

No win from where I’m sitting.

But I was amused by Badger’s rant. About the only thing I was confident in predicting:

Super Thursday predictions by Darth_Koont 5 May 2021 10:25
Vacuous centrists blaming everyone else? Swarms of them.

Pronouns: He/Him

You know your f#cked when...... on 16:14 - May 7 with 396 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

You know your f#cked when...... on 15:20 - May 7 by BlueBadger

There is no such thing as a non-nationalistic Brexit. It all ultimately boils down to 'rah-rah-rah we can do things better than foreigners'.

You do understand that the EU isn't the Internationale don't you?

You know your f#cked when...... on 16:24 - May 7 with 387 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Further....
"A union jack hangs limply from Labour’s campaign headquarters in Hartlepool. The flag has flown for six weeks over the former vape shop, next to an outlet called We Sell Owt......"

Labour head office was “obsessed with us getting a flag”, said one organiser, bemoaning what they felt was a lack of substance to justify it. “There was no fleshing out what the flag means, or what policies have changed because we’re now patriotic. It was just: bung a flag up.”

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/may/07/obsessed-with-the-flag-labour-r

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024