Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So Chambers and Skuse will not be here next season 13:28 - May 7 with 2875 viewsVic

Cook says as much when he says that it’s a pity their families and friends can’t be at the Fleetwood game.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

So Chambers and Skuse will not be here next season on 14:50 - May 7 with 2554 viewsArnieM

So how do you attach that comment specifically to just those two players when the club are set to kick out practically 50% of the current squad, lol!!!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

So Chambers and Skuse will not be here next season on 14:52 - May 7 with 2526 viewsBlueBadger

So Chambers and Skuse will not be here next season on 14:50 - May 7 by ArnieM

So how do you attach that comment specifically to just those two players when the club are set to kick out practically 50% of the current squad, lol!!!

Because, unlike most of the rest they've actually been good servants and players for the club.
[Post edited 7 May 2021 15:01]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So Chambers and Skuse will not be here next season on 16:03 - May 7 with 2376 viewsitfcjoe

Yep, hopefully they can get some minutes at the weekend and are able to leave on a high note

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So Chambers and Skuse will not be here next season on 16:04 - May 7 with 2363 viewsJ2BLUE

It's quite exciting really. If we're not keeping the likes of Chambers and Nsiala then there must be some serious backing lined up to get the players we're going to need.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So Chambers and Skuse will not be here next season on 16:06 - May 7 with 2343 viewstextbackup

So Chambers and Skuse will not be here next season on 16:04 - May 7 by J2BLUE

It's quite exciting really. If we're not keeping the likes of Chambers and Nsiala then there must be some serious backing lined up to get the players we're going to need.

i'm not sure it will take serious backing to replaced those two.

I get your point though

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

So Chambers and Skuse will not be here next season on 16:08 - May 7 with 2319 viewsJ2BLUE

So Chambers and Skuse will not be here next season on 16:06 - May 7 by textbackup

i'm not sure it will take serious backing to replaced those two.

I get your point though

The defence was solid enough. I know, I know, style of play etc. But if we're letting them go then we must think we can do better. That's going to require decent backing. It would be pretty easy to keep Wilson/Chambers and just sign one new CB but it looks like we'll need at least two, possibly even three. On top of all the other players.

Truly impaired.

So Chambers and Skuse will not be here next season on 16:24 - May 7 with 2248 viewsTractorFrog

Both are club legends and deserve a proper send-off on Sunday. It could act as a bit of a testimonial for them. If they are not on the team sheet, I will not watch the match tomorrow.

They'd all laugh at me if they knew what I was trying to do. To create a new strain of super-wine in half-an-hour with a fraction of nature's resources and a FOOL for an assistant. 'Bernard Black, he's mad,' they'd say, 'he's insane, he's dangerous.' Well I'll show them! I'll show them all!
Poll: What hurt more?

So Chambers and Skuse will not be here next season on 16:27 - May 7 with 2230 viewsJ2BLUE

So Chambers and Skuse will not be here next season on 16:24 - May 7 by TractorFrog

Both are club legends and deserve a proper send-off on Sunday. It could act as a bit of a testimonial for them. If they are not on the team sheet, I will not watch the match tomorrow.

Great servants. Legends is pushing it.

A testimonial with zero fans? It's going to be incredibly flat. Doubt either of them will think of it that way.

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

So Chambers and Skuse will not be here next season on 16:34 - May 7 with 2198 viewshype313

So Chambers and Skuse will not be here next season on 16:24 - May 7 by TractorFrog

I wouldn't put them in the club legends bracket, especially given the caliber of players in our history.

Solid professionals who have given their all, are well worthy of our appreciation.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

So Chambers and Skuse will not be here next season on 17:01 - May 7 with 2068 viewsNthQldITFC

So Chambers and Skuse will not be here next season on 16:34 - May 7 by hype313

I wouldn't put them in the club legends bracket, especially given the caliber of players in our history.

Solid professionals who have given their all, are well worthy of our appreciation.

I think each club should be allowed a quota of legends, probably a fixed number, like seven, or eleven*, rather than a percentage of the total number of players that have represented the club, or just arbitrary addition to the ranks on an ad-hoc basis. Trouble is you'd have to boot out some occasionally to make way for new ones, but I personally can't see that we would have any that were not representing us in '61, '78 or '81.

*There are other fixed numbers available, but I was thinking of The Magnificent Seven, or Legends Eleven.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

So Chambers and Skuse will not be here next season on 17:22 - May 7 with 1972 viewsdirtyboy

So some perspective.

Like boxers....would Tyson have beaten Ali (obviously not btw) but all a sports person can do, is be the best in their era.

Skuse and Chambers, not your fancy flair midfielders or 20 goal a season striker, but both been great servants, Chambers presided over a fairly tight defence since he's been here, Skuse did all the simple things well and was underrated imo by too many.

Legends in the overall history of the club? Perhaps not, but yeah, legends of the last few years, not their fault the rest of the team haven't performed.

Skuse has been getting stick this season and he's not even had a chance to prove anyone wrong due to injury.

Both are very good players at what they do.

I'll miss them and remember them for good reasons, not bad.
So Chambers and Skuse will not be here next season on 17:24 - May 7 with 1961 viewsJ2BLUE

So Chambers and Skuse will not be here next season on 17:22 - May 7 by dirtyboy

So some perspective.

Like boxers....would Tyson have beaten Ali (obviously not btw) but all a sports person can do, is be the best in their era.

Skuse and Chambers, not your fancy flair midfielders or 20 goal a season striker, but both been great servants, Chambers presided over a fairly tight defence since he's been here, Skuse did all the simple things well and was underrated imo by too many.

Legends in the overall history of the club? Perhaps not, but yeah, legends of the last few years, not their fault the rest of the team haven't performed.

Skuse has been getting stick this season and he's not even had a chance to prove anyone wrong due to injury.

Both are very good players at what they do.

I'll miss them and remember them for good reasons, not bad.

I think this is where most of us are.

Truly impaired.

So Chambers and Skuse will not be here next season on 18:18 - May 7 with 1847 viewsBlueForYou

Very much looking forward to moving on from these two to be honest.
So Chambers and Skuse will not be here next season on 18:30 - May 7 with 1795 viewsgtsb1966

So Chambers and Skuse will not be here next season on 18:18 - May 7 by BlueForYou

Very much looking forward to moving on from these two to be honest.

I'm very much looking forward to moving on from EVERYTHING to do with ITFC since ME took over ( nothing against the man I might add). The command chain from the top down has been abysmal hence we are where we are. Onwards and upwards.
So Chambers and Skuse will not be here next season on 18:30 - May 7 with 1794 viewsVic

So Chambers and Skuse will not be here next season on 14:50 - May 7 by ArnieM

Because when he made the comments about the wives and families he was speaking specifically about them, not the rest of the players.

So Chambers and Skuse will not be here next season on 18:33 - May 7 with 1783 viewsVic

I don’t think you’ll miss much tomorrow. But they’ll trialing a new innovation this weekend which means that you’ll be able to catch up live on Sunday.

So Chambers and Skuse will not be here next season on 18:37 - May 7 with 1757 viewssaffers12

So Chambers and Skuse will not be here next season on 16:27 - May 7 by J2BLUE

Great servants. Legends is pushing it.

A testimonial with zero fans? It's going to be incredibly flat. Doubt either of them will think of it that way.

Fully agree, they are not legends
So Chambers and Skuse will not be here next season on 22:14 - May 7 with 1483 viewssolemio

The word 'legends' is greatly overused. People like Crawford, Philips, Mills, Beattie, Wark are legends.
So Chambers and Skuse will not be here next season on 22:22 - May 7 with 1457 viewsEly_Blue

None of us will be watching the game tomorrow, maybe on Sunday but not tomorrow

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

So Chambers and Skuse will not be here next season on 07:33 - May 8 with 1212 viewsChurchman

They've shown honesty and integrity and have done their best for the club. For that, it’s a shame the crowd will not be able to show their appreciation tomorrow.

However, they are a very long way from being ‘club legends’. There are in fact many better players who have represented this club who are short of that status for me.
So Chambers and Skuse will not be here next season on 07:59 - May 8 with 1161 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

So Chambers and Skuse will not be here next season on 08:38 - May 8 with 1054 viewsTractorFrog

Okay, fair enough, maybe the word 'legends' was a bit of an exaggeration. I don't put them in the same bracket as the likes of the 1981 squad, but as a relatively new Town fan, the highlight of my time is making the playoffs in 2015, so I think of the likes of Chambers, Skuse, Murphy and Bialkowski as the legends of my time.

But I still firmly believe they deserve a testimonial, and at the very least should play in the match which is now tomorrow ;)

They'd all laugh at me if they knew what I was trying to do. To create a new strain of super-wine in half-an-hour with a fraction of nature's resources and a FOOL for an assistant. 'Bernard Black, he's mad,' they'd say, 'he's insane, he's dangerous.' Well I'll show them! I'll show them all!
Poll: What hurt more?

So Chambers and Skuse will not be here next season on 08:40 - May 8 with 1043 viewsitfcjoe

So Chambers and Skuse will not be here next season on 08:38 - May 8 by TractorFrog

Okay, fair enough, maybe the word 'legends' was a bit of an exaggeration. I don't put them in the same bracket as the likes of the 1981 squad, but as a relatively new Town fan, the highlight of my time is making the playoffs in 2015, so I think of the likes of Chambers, Skuse, Murphy and Bialkowski as the legends of my time.

But I still firmly believe they deserve a testimonial, and at the very least should play in the match which is now tomorrow ;)

Those 4 of our players will all end up in our hall of fame when you see others who are in it

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So Chambers and Skuse will not be here next season on 08:47 - May 8 with 1013 viewsbluejacko

Legends! Sorry no they are not.
As senior players in the squad they should have been the backbone of the team and influential in the dressing room, neither seems to be the case.
Good luck and be on your way .
So Chambers and Skuse will not be here next season on 08:47 - May 8 with 1012 viewsHARRY10

So Chambers and Skuse will not be here next season on 08:38 - May 8 by TractorFrog

Are you aware of what the purpose of a testimonial was for - in football ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024