Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
WTF is Norwood on about here 15:14 - May 7 with 6927 viewsCheltenham_Blue

“It’s very easy for fans to say that about players when they have their own jobs and people are bringing in presents for them, saying it’s sad to see them leave. You see it on Instagram all the time.

“Imagine if the roles were reversed and we turned around and said ‘What are you on about? They’re terrible at their jobs’

Yet another player with an 'us and them' mentality when it comes to the support, it's been one of the major problems at this club since Mick.

Maybe if the players had shown a bit more this year we wouldn't be so keen to bin them off. Own your mistakes FFS.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

WTF is Norwood on about here on 16:40 - May 7 with 1645 viewsSitfcB

I think he speaks well. Should do press more often. People should lay off of him. He’s not been the problem.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

WTF is Norwood on about here on 16:45 - May 7 with 1611 viewsHerbivore

WTF is Norwood on about here on 16:40 - May 7 by SitfcB

I think he speaks well. Should do press more often. People should lay off of him. He’s not been the problem.

Not the problem, but definitely a problem.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

WTF is Norwood on about here on 16:48 - May 7 with 1602 viewsfooters

WTF is Norwood on about here on 16:40 - May 7 by SitfcB

Seeing as he'll be around next year, let's hope he learns a little maturity and professionalism in the off season. Maybe Cook can instill that in him and his behaviour here was a blip, taking advantage of the lax surroundings and obvious amateurish nature of how we've been run in recent times.

The times they are a changin'.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

WTF is Norwood on about here on 16:59 - May 7 with 1584 viewsArnieM

Norwood is getting quite vocal now isn’t he. Trying for the captains arm band for next season....I’m assuming he knows he’s likely to have avoided the cull?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

WTF is Norwood on about here on 17:07 - May 7 with 1567 viewsLeaky

WTF is Norwood on about here on 15:32 - May 7 by Herbivore

About 350 of those games in non-league of course. His record here isn't great, he's managed 20 goals across two seasons.

Absolute rubbish how many games has he played, and in a poor team. Next season with a changed squad that's the time judge him.
WTF is Norwood on about here on 17:12 - May 7 with 1559 viewsSteve_M

WTF is Norwood on about here on 16:59 - May 7 by ArnieM

Norwood is getting quite vocal now isn’t he. Trying for the captains arm band for next season....I’m assuming he knows he’s likely to have avoided the cull?

Think it's a good bit of management from Cook, see if he can thrive on a bit of responsibility.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

WTF is Norwood on about here on 17:15 - May 7 with 1552 viewsHerbivore

WTF is Norwood on about here on 17:07 - May 7 by Leaky

Absolute rubbish how many games has he played, and in a poor team. Next season with a changed squad that's the time judge him.

He's played 50 odd games in 2 years because he can't seem to get and stay fit. He's been part of that poor team, it's not like he looks miles better than everyone around him. I'm not sure why Norwood gets a free pass from some.

WTF is Norwood on about here on 17:16 - May 7 with 1568 viewsPhilTWTD

WTF is Norwood on about here on 16:59 - May 7 by ArnieM

He's been put up to do media twice in a week, once post-match and then this morning. Not down to the players who speaks to the press.
Login to get fewer ads

WTF is Norwood on about here on 17:23 - May 7 with 1544 viewsLeaky

WTF is Norwood on about here on 17:15 - May 7 by Herbivore

He's played 50 odd games in 2 years because he can't seem to get and stay fit. He's been part of that poor team, it's not like he looks miles better than everyone around him. I'm not sure why Norwood gets a free pass from some.

So he's played 50 times and has scored 20 goals not a bad return.Yes would have been great had he played 90 times in two years wonder what his goal tally would be. Quess that would speculation .
WTF is Norwood on about here on 17:25 - May 7 with 1544 viewsPhilTWTD

WTF is Norwood on about here on 17:12 - May 7 by Steve_M

Think it's a good bit of management from Cook, see if he can thrive on a bit of responsibility.

You may well be right, although he said this morning he gave the captaincy to the most senior player, which I think he is from the side that's started in the last couple of games.
WTF is Norwood on about here on 17:28 - May 7 with 1536 viewsHerbivore

WTF is Norwood on about here on 17:23 - May 7 by Leaky

So he's played 50 times and has scored 20 goals not a bad return.Yes would have been great had he played 90 times in two years wonder what his goal tally would be. Quess that would speculation .

It's actually 19 goals in 53 appearances to be precise. Fairly average record really. And the fact he's only managed appearances in 2 years isn't great either.

WTF is Norwood on about here on 17:29 - May 7 with 1528 viewsdirtyboy

WTF is Norwood on about here on 17:15 - May 7 by Herbivore

Not sure why he's being lambasted for getting a couple of injuries in his thirties and people saying it's because he's not kept himself fit.

I've smashed two hamstrings in my life and both where when I was fit as a fidddle, tends to be a problem for us faster people who put a bit of effort in ;-)

Now I just have permanent achilles issues lol!

When your job is to run around. A lot. Not getting injured is not really an option.
WTF is Norwood on about here on 17:31 - May 7 with 1522 viewsfooters

WTF is Norwood on about here on 17:29 - May 7 by dirtyboy

Not sure why he's being lambasted for getting a couple of injuries in his thirties and people saying it's because he's not kept himself fit.

I've smashed two hamstrings in my life and both where when I was fit as a fidddle, tends to be a problem for us faster people who put a bit of effort in ;-)

When your job is to run around. A lot. Not getting injured is not really an option.

But presumably, as a professional athlete, you wouldn't get pissed all the time and stuff your face with burgers either?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

WTF is Norwood on about here on 17:35 - May 7 with 1517 viewsLeaky

WTF is Norwood on about here on 17:28 - May 7 by Herbivore

It's actually 19 goals in 53 appearances to be precise. Fairly average record really. And the fact he's only managed appearances in 2 years isn't great either.

Pedantic
WTF is Norwood on about here on 17:51 - May 7 with 1496 viewseireblue

WTF is Norwood on about here on 16:01 - May 7 by ericclacton

Meh i don't have the time to mess around making my own skirts, i'm in the middle of writing a jazz melody which is starting to sound like the dogs ballocks.

Writing.......Jazz........what madness is this?
WTF is Norwood on about here on 18:00 - May 7 with 1483 viewsSimonds92

Basically what he's saying is that we have a lot of w*nkers and wet blankets within our fanbase that think it's ok to criticise everything that players do as if they have significant moral authority.

He is correct.
WTF is Norwood on about here on 18:13 - May 7 with 1459 viewsVic

WTF is Norwood on about here on 15:32 - May 7 by Herbivore

About 350 of those games in non-league of course. His record here isn't great, he's managed 20 goals across two seasons.

I’ve lost track - how many starts has he had for us!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

WTF is Norwood on about here on 18:16 - May 7 with 1457 viewsChurchman

It really doesn’t matter what the reasons are and frankly that’s his problem. He’s played half the games and scored roughly 10 goals a season. He’s Centre Forward. It’s not enough and all the reasons in the world cannot change the fact that he’s 30 years old and can’t stay fit.

We need better than a League Two level 10 goals a season (including penalties when he manages to score them) player, if we are to get out of this league and certainly if we ever get anywhere in the one above. With a wing and a prayer he may contribute next year, if he wants to put the effort in. I hope he does.
WTF is Norwood on about here on 20:27 - May 7 with 1400 viewsHerbivore

A couple of injuries? He's missed nearly 50% of the games we've had since he joined. He's a chubber as well. So many excuses made for such a bang average player. Honestly, if anything is a measure of how far we've sunk it's the recent love in for a pub player like Norwood.

WTF is Norwood on about here on 20:43 - May 7 with 1392 viewsArnieM

WTF is Norwood on about here on 17:16 - May 7 by PhilTWTD

He's been put up to do media twice in a week, once post-match and then this morning. Not down to the players who speaks to the press.

Ah interesting . Thanks for that., but I’ve noticed that Luke Chambers hasn’t spoken publicly for the team for some time ....and yes I know he’s not actually played the last 10 or so matches, but I don’t think he was visible in front of the camera post match for months prior to that either.....have you any insight into that at all?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

WTF is Norwood on about here on 20:54 - May 7 with 1370 viewsHerbivore

WTF is Norwood on about here on 18:00 - May 7 by Simonds92

Basically what he's saying is that we have a lot of w*nkers and wet blankets within our fanbase that think it's ok to criticise everything that players do as if they have significant moral authority.

He is correct.

Get off the socials, Jim.

[Redacted] on 21:11 - May 7 with 1339 viewsvictorywilhappen

WTF is Norwood on about here on 16:48 - May 7 by footers

Seeing as he'll be around next year, let's hope he learns a little maturity and professionalism in the off season. Maybe Cook can instill that in him and his behaviour here was a blip, taking advantage of the lax surroundings and obvious amateurish nature of how we've been run in recent times.

The times they are a changin'.

[Redacted]
WTF is Norwood on about here on 21:36 - May 7 with 1323 viewsPhilTWTD

WTF is Norwood on about here on 20:43 - May 7 by ArnieM

Ah interesting . Thanks for that., but I’ve noticed that Luke Chambers hasn’t spoken publicly for the team for some time ....and yes I know he’s not actually played the last 10 or so matches, but I don’t think he was visible in front of the camera post match for months prior to that either.....have you any insight into that at all?

He did it after the Bristol Rovers match and he's not played an awful lot since then.
WTF is Norwood on about here on 21:45 - May 7 with 1310 viewsMrTown

He’s not wrong, people personally attack him and other players up and down the country based on seeing less than 1% of their life through social media, but talk about them and hurl abuse at them as though they know them personally.

We see then as footballers, and as football fan it absolutely fine to form opinions on them as a footballer, but nobody really these players personally.

I like looking through Twitter and Instagram etc, but I’ve never put out a tweet in my life, lots and lots of arguments on there it seems.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

WTF is Norwood on about here on 21:53 - May 7 with 1298 viewsMrTown

WTF is Norwood on about here on 17:31 - May 7 by footers

But presumably, as a professional athlete, you wouldn't get pissed all the time and stuff your face with burgers either?

How do you know he is getting pissed all of the time and stuffing his face with burgers?

Point and case of the nonsense Norwood is talking about. People talking as if they know, see and live by his side every single day.

Very very odd.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024