Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
WTF is Norwood on about here 15:14 - May 7 with 6926 viewsCheltenham_Blue

“It’s very easy for fans to say that about players when they have their own jobs and people are bringing in presents for them, saying it’s sad to see them leave. You see it on Instagram all the time.

“Imagine if the roles were reversed and we turned around and said ‘What are you on about? They’re terrible at their jobs’

Yet another player with an 'us and them' mentality when it comes to the support, it's been one of the major problems at this club since Mick.

Maybe if the players had shown a bit more this year we wouldn't be so keen to bin them off. Own your mistakes FFS.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

WTF is Norwood on about here on 15:16 - May 7 with 3882 viewsHerbivore

If he spent less time on the socials and more in the gym maybe he wouldn't have spent most of his career playing non-league football.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

WTF is Norwood on about here on 15:17 - May 7 with 3864 viewsSteve_M

I think you're jumping at something that isn't there, basic jist is that players are human and it can be a wrench to leave a job, especially if they have no choice in it and that people who leave normal jobs might get presents from colleagues rather than being told they are sh1t.

People moan when players spout cliches but I thought this was quite reflective from Norwood. It's quite telling that he's in front of the press this week so will clearly not be one Cook is looking to offload.
[Post edited 7 May 2021 15:38]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

WTF is Norwood on about here on 15:18 - May 7 with 3842 viewsBlueBadger

if I displayed as much diligence to the key aspect of my job as Norwood does, I would have been removed from post and moved onto supervised practice somewhere really low-effort like outpatients years ago.

If I hadn't already been struck off for causing someone's death, anyway.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

WTF is Norwood on about here on 15:21 - May 7 with 3806 viewsHerbivore

WTF is Norwood on about here on 15:17 - May 7 by Steve_M

I think you're jumping at something that isn't there, basic jist is that players are human and it can be a wrench to leave a job, especially if they have no choice in it and that people who leave normal jobs might get presents from colleagues rather than being told they are sh1t.

People moan when players spout cliches but I thought this was quite reflective from Norwood. It's quite telling that he's in front of the press this week so will clearly not be one Cook is looking to offload.

Cook out.

WTF is Norwood on about here on 15:21 - May 7 with 3804 viewsFixed_It

Well said, Steve. But the usual suspects will no doubt wade in when they see an opportunity to have a go at him - even when he is making a valid point.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

WTF is Norwood on about here on 15:24 - May 7 with 3764 views3_5_2

Most footballers have never had a “proper job” so how they can comment on what it would be like if the roles were reversed makes no sense to me.

I get that they go from contract to contract and that depends on how they performed leading up to that time.

No different to everyone else. We don’t have a god given right to have a job, if we underperform on a consistent basis, we too would be looking for new one.

Players like Stuart Pearce (electrician) Vinny Jones (bricky) appreciated what being paid as a footballer really meant

This is just a case of “Footballer out of touch shock”

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

WTF is Norwood on about here on 15:26 - May 7 with 3722 viewsBluefish

Seems fair enough what he is saying. Footba is a very tough business and players have feelings too. They have families to feed and colleagues to not see again

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

WTF is Norwood on about here on 15:27 - May 7 with 3738 viewshype313

I actually thought he said some choice words in that Interview, quite mature given the guff that has been spouted. If he could talk more like that and less controversial musings on social media, he would have more fans behind him.

Someone needs to have a word with him and say keep your head down, spend the summer getting fit and have a break on social media.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Login to get fewer ads

WTF is Norwood on about here on 15:30 - May 7 with 3705 viewsfooters

Norwood has been in my branch of Maccers and criticised me while at work so he can shove it.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

WTF is Norwood on about here on 15:30 - May 7 with 3705 viewsIllinoisblue

WTF is Norwood on about here on 15:16 - May 7 by Herbivore

If he spent less time on the socials and more in the gym maybe he wouldn't have spent most of his career playing non-league football.

A goal every 2.7 games in 477 career appearances. Not the Ipswich striker I’d be criticizing.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

WTF is Norwood on about here on 15:32 - May 7 with 3694 viewsHerbivore

WTF is Norwood on about here on 15:30 - May 7 by Illinoisblue

A goal every 2.7 games in 477 career appearances. Not the Ipswich striker I’d be criticizing.

About 350 of those games in non-league of course. His record here isn't great, he's managed 20 goals across two seasons.

WTF is Norwood on about here on 15:34 - May 7 with 3682 viewsclive_baker

Us and them works both ways though, when you see the sort of sh1t he receives from so called fans on social media you have to wonder why he would feel anything but unloved.

I definitely think it works both ways. He doesn't strike me as the most likeable bloke if I'm honest, and I dare say he's not someone I would be in a hurry to hang about with, but to abuse any player on social media, especially our own players, is just completely counter productive and a bit of a d1ck move. There's certainly an element of personal responsibility from his side, and being antagonistic is going to get bites, but his peers like Sears and Jackson have done next to nothing this season and I don't see them getting called out very often.

Purely from a footballing perspective, his return is pretty good relative to appearances, and his fitness has been completely mis managed this season. Lambert played him in games he never in a million years should've been involved in, and had been given advice to that effect too. I think Norwood deserves a little bit of credit for putting the team first in that respect.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

WTF is Norwood on about here on 15:38 - May 7 with 3632 viewsTieDyedIn95

He saying leaving a great job, like playing football for Ipswich, sometimes after years, is an emotional if not brutal thing, especially given what's happened and comparing it to say when someone leaves a job, or has to leave due to age, health, cuts and the respect people are shown in that light compared to football, where many are just wanting them all out the door and digging at them all online.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

WTF is Norwood on about here on 15:48 - May 7 with 3527 viewstractorboy1978

Well said.
WTF is Norwood on about here on 15:48 - May 7 with 3521 viewsMattinLondon

WTF is Norwood on about here on 15:30 - May 7 by footers

Norwood has been in my branch of Maccers and criticised me while at work so he can shove it.

So have I.
You only gave me eight chicken nuggets when there should have been nine.

Knob.
[Post edited 7 May 2021 17:35]
WTF is Norwood on about here on 15:49 - May 7 with 3516 viewstractorboy1978

They should all be given 50 lashings on their exit.
WTF is Norwood on about here on 15:53 - May 7 with 3479 viewsSouperJim

He's asking the fans to treat the players who are leaving like human beings, I have no problem with this and I think some of you need to consider this in the context of the recent drive to cut out online abuse. He's saying if a fan loses their job, regardless of how they've performed, they don't have a load of people give them stick and tell them they are sh!t etc. I feel he has a point.
[Post edited 7 May 2021 15:54]

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

WTF is Norwood on about here on 15:54 - May 7 with 3454 viewsIllinoisblue

WTF is Norwood on about here on 15:32 - May 7 by Herbivore

About 350 of those games in non-league of course. His record here isn't great, he's managed 20 goals across two seasons.

His time here has been undeniably disappointing. Although playing in a terrible team that doesn’t create chances we should surely cut him some slack. Let’s hope the new leadership can kick him into shape.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

WTF is Norwood on about here on 15:55 - May 7 with 3437 viewsMattinLondon

WTF is Norwood on about here on 15:49 - May 7 by tractorboy1978

They should all be given 50 lashings on their exit.

What if they don’t like ginger beer?
WTF is Norwood on about here on 16:01 - May 7 with 3365 viewsericclacton

Meh i don't have the time to mess around making my own skirts, i'm in the middle of writing a jazz melody which is starting to sound like the dogs ballocks.

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:14 - May 7 with 3300 viewsFixed_It

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

WTF is Norwood on about here on 16:18 - May 7 with 3273 viewsCheltenham_Blue

WTF is Norwood on about here on 15:30 - May 7 by footers

Maccers? Trying to sound posh again Footers?
We both know you work in a burger van on the A12.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

WTF is Norwood on about here on 16:26 - May 7 with 3200 viewsartsbossbeard

Weird flex, bro.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

WTF is Norwood on about here on 16:29 - May 7 with 3156 viewsChurchman

WTF is Norwood on about here on 15:54 - May 7 by Illinoisblue

His time here has been undeniably disappointing. Although playing in a terrible team that doesn’t create chances we should surely cut him some slack. Let’s hope the new leadership can kick him into shape.

Yes, he has been playing in a terrible team for a rudderless, poor football club. But he’s been literally a paid up member of the mess and hasn't helped anybody with his lack of professionalism in terms of his own well-being or messing about on social media.

Thanks to him being in contract he will get a chance to get himself into shape and contribute. I dearly hope for his sake, the club’s and ourselves he takes it. He’s played half the games in two years and scored 20 goals and that isn’t good enough.

He has to take responsibility for himself first and foremost. As for social media, he’d be well advised to leave it alone. With regard to abuse players get, there are some real idiots out there and a lot of it is out of order. But sadly, that’s the way it is. A career in the public eye that is short, but well paid, a job many would crawl over glass to do, abuse and adoration, success and failure. He should enjoy it while he can.
WTF is Norwood on about here on 16:31 - May 7 with 3145 viewsGarv

WTF is Norwood on about here on 15:16 - May 7 by Herbivore

I can't wait until gyms lift that ban on mobile phones.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024