Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keir Starmer's abysmal interview on BBC One 16:10 - May 7 with 4435 viewspointofblue

Completely unable to even give a straight answer or plan - then wonder why Labour are struggling to connect with the public.

The first interview is difficult after a result like this but he looked unprepared and on the run.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Keir Starmer's abysmal interview on BBC One on 16:13 - May 7 with 2558 viewshype313

He should just come out and say Boris is a c*** at least he would have a large majority of the population with him and it would show some passion.

He's got nothing to lose now.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Keir Starmer's abysmal interview on BBC One on 16:39 - May 7 with 2459 viewsDarth_Koont

I think that’s either because they don’t know what they’re doing. Definitely possible.

Or they do know what they’re doing but can’t say it out loud. Equally possible given Starmer’s leadership over the past year which has all been about shoring up the left side of the establishment and showing he’s not a threat to its interests.

Pronouns: He/Him

Keir Starmer's abysmal interview on BBC One on 16:47 - May 7 with 2437 viewsgtsb1966

Keir Starmer's abysmal interview on BBC One on 16:13 - May 7 by hype313

He should just come out and say Boris is a c*** at least he would have a large majority of the population with him and it would show some passion.

He's got nothing to lose now.

He shows no passion, no plans for the future and can only criticise without having alternatives. He simply doesn't resonate with the people. Labour desperately need a Blair type leader now.
Keir Starmer's abysmal interview on BBC One on 16:50 - May 7 with 2411 viewshype313

Keir Starmer's abysmal interview on BBC One on 16:47 - May 7 by gtsb1966

He shows no passion, no plans for the future and can only criticise without having alternatives. He simply doesn't resonate with the people. Labour desperately need a Blair type leader now.

Andy Burnham is the one guy I can see making inroads into reclaiming the red wall.

But he's far too right wing for the PLP.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Keir Starmer's abysmal interview on BBC One on 16:53 - May 7 with 2399 viewsgtsb1966

Keir Starmer's abysmal interview on BBC One on 16:50 - May 7 by hype313

Andy Burnham is the one guy I can see making inroads into reclaiming the red wall.

I also would like him as leader of the opposition. Failing that David Milliband.
Keir Starmer's abysmal interview on BBC One on 17:20 - May 7 with 2340 viewsSwansea_Blue

Fair to say he's been a disappointment. He's an intelligent guy, but boy does he need to work on his messaging. There's obviously a reasonable argument that it's too early in the voting cycle and he should be judged on their next manifesto & election results. But how many more people will have been disenfranchised by then? He really could do with building up some momentum by using all the government scandals better. They should be an open goal.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Keir Starmer's abysmal interview on BBC One on 17:24 - May 7 with 2319 viewsGlasgowBlue

Do you mean too right for the membership? The Plp has always been to the right of the membership.

As for Burnham being to the right. He's very much soft left.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Keir Starmer's abysmal interview on BBC One on 17:34 - May 7 with 2291 viewsgtsb1966

Keir Starmer's abysmal interview on BBC One on 17:20 - May 7 by Swansea_Blue

Fair to say he's been a disappointment. He's an intelligent guy, but boy does he need to work on his messaging. There's obviously a reasonable argument that it's too early in the voting cycle and he should be judged on their next manifesto & election results. But how many more people will have been disenfranchised by then? He really could do with building up some momentum by using all the government scandals better. They should be an open goal.

No disrespect but I disagree with the argument that it is too early in the voting cycle. When people in some of the poorest places in Britain vote Conservative you have a massive problem. The face of any party , forget the policies for a minute, is the leader and Starmer doesn't do it for the people and if he doesn't do it now he never will do. Many many voters vote for the leader and not the policies. Starmer will never be prime minister and considering how utterly awful this government are that says everything.
Login to get fewer ads

Keir Starmer's abysmal interview on BBC One on 17:45 - May 7 with 2265 viewsBlueBadger

Keir Starmer's abysmal interview on BBC One on 16:47 - May 7 by gtsb1966

He strikes me as a bit of a Paul Cook of politics, he's inherited an utter sh1tshower, but is also hamstrung by the fact that a vocal minority of supporters still inexplicably think that Paul Lambert should have kept his job, because he was totally working to a long-term plan and just need done more season to achieve promotion.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Keir Starmer's abysmal interview on BBC One on 17:51 - May 7 with 2245 viewsgtsb1966

Keir Starmer's abysmal interview on BBC One on 17:45 - May 7 by BlueBadger

He strikes me as a bit of a Paul Cook of politics, he's inherited an utter sh1tshower, but is also hamstrung by the fact that a vocal minority of supporters still inexplicably think that Paul Lambert should have kept his job, because he was totally working to a long-term plan and just need done more season to achieve promotion.

Good analogy. Fortunately for Cook and us he will win, whatever your political leanings Starmer won't.
Keir Starmer's abysmal interview on BBC One on 17:56 - May 7 with 2225 viewsfooters

He's had a year already. Do you honestly think he's cutting through?

You can blame 'Corbynistas' all you like but the fact is he hasn't delivered. He's spent more time with PR men talking about the nuclear family and the Union flag than he has developing any meaningful policies. What were Labour's policies yesterday? Why should anyone vote for them?

He's bland. No passion. Nothing to vote positively for. At least Corbyn was ambitious.
[Post edited 7 May 2021 18:01]

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Keir Starmer's abysmal interview on BBC One on 17:59 - May 7 with 2204 viewsWD19

He is Paul Lambert following Hurst.
Keir Starmer's abysmal interview on BBC One on 19:26 - May 7 with 2093 viewsTrequartista

He is not a leader and never will be.
[Post edited 7 May 2021 19:34]

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Keir Starmer's abysmal interview on BBC One on 19:28 - May 7 with 2084 viewsClapham_Junction

Eh? Burnham has previously hinted that he wasn't liked by the party hierarchy (the same kind that were against Corbyn) because he was too left-wing for them.
Keir Starmer's abysmal interview on BBC One on 00:11 - May 8 with 1890 viewsDarth_Koont

Gmpf.

Stick to the one-liners.

Keir Starmer's abysmal interview on BBC One on 00:20 - May 8 with 1878 viewsZXBlue

Burnham would instantly put off all the middle ground folk who they would need to bring on board.
Keir Starmer's abysmal interview on BBC One on 00:27 - May 8 with 1861 viewsDarth_Koont

Keir Starmer's abysmal interview on BBC One on 00:20 - May 8 by ZXBlue

Burnham would instantly put off all the middle ground folk who they would need to bring on board.

The middle ground is vastly over-rated. Mostly by themselves.

Keir Starmer's abysmal interview on BBC One on 00:36 - May 8 with 1843 viewsZXBlue

Keir Starmer's abysmal interview on BBC One on 00:27 - May 8 by Darth_Koont

The middle ground is vastly over-rated. Mostly by themselves.

And that, folks, is why Labour is dead.

Which, given the state of this government, is seriously bad news for the nation.
Keir Starmer's abysmal interview on BBC One on 01:25 - May 8 with 1821 viewsBugs

To read this as It's all Corbyn's fault is deluded at best. I for one didn't vote labour yesterday due to Starmer's attack on the left of the party since he became leader under the banner of unity.

Starmer's become a political weather vane, no one knows what he stands for or even against. (he hasn't got too much problem with undercover cops raping women and not facing justice).

Well fu*k him and Fu*k the establishment money that funds him. If he wants to out tory the Tories people might as well not bother or just vote tory.
Keir Starmer's abysmal interview on BBC One on 01:27 - May 8 with 1818 viewsZXBlue

Keir Starmer's abysmal interview on BBC One on 01:25 - May 8 by Bugs

To read this as It's all Corbyn's fault is deluded at best. I for one didn't vote labour yesterday due to Starmer's attack on the left of the party since he became leader under the banner of unity.

Starmer's become a political weather vane, no one knows what he stands for or even against. (he hasn't got too much problem with undercover cops raping women and not facing justice).

Well fu*k him and Fu*k the establishment money that funds him. If he wants to out tory the Tories people might as well not bother or just vote tory.

It is fascinating to see how criticism of Corbyn and his impact is now derided by many.

His impact is still very relevant to Labour;s fortunes. He divided the party horribly, such that they are mostly more interested in the fight between moderates and corbynites than in actually presenting a united front and trying to win elections. The damage done to labour credibility and the "red wall" by Corbyn's dithering on brexit and 1970s student politcs, is an enduring legacy which will be a millstone for labour for years.

Corbyn could have swung the brexit vote to remain, had he wanted to.
[Post edited 8 May 2021 1:28]
Keir Starmer's abysmal interview on BBC One on 01:51 - May 8 with 1803 viewsSpruceMoose

Keir Starmer's abysmal interview on BBC One on 00:36 - May 8 by ZXBlue

And that, folks, is why Labour is dead.

Which, given the state of this government, is seriously bad news for the nation.

They're still dead when they have the most middle ground of middle ground leaders.

Never known a bogey man like the progressive left to be honest, where they're responsible for so much despite never having had a sniff of power.

Maybe people just need to accept that enough people in the UK actually do want a corrupt, petty, hostile government, so long as they're targeting the people they approve of as targets.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Keir Starmer's abysmal interview on BBC One on 05:04 - May 8 with 1755 viewsdaisyisabaddog

Couldn't agree more. He's the only chance Labour has of reclaiming the North. But although Corbyn has gone the loonies are still there and they make it an impossible job for any moderate party leader.
I join the Labour Party when Starmer was appointed but doubt I'll hang around. I've sat in on some local Zoom meetings and the attitude beggars belief. They simply can't grasp the fact that they are never going to win an election in this country.
Keir Starmer's abysmal interview on BBC One on 08:11 - May 8 with 1639 viewsBlueandTruesince82

The grey man. Elected purely as a Corbyn antidote, less personality and less to the left, your mum quite fancies him but she's not going to vote for him coz he doesnt stand for anything and even she needs more reason than he's bit of a dish, Labour scratch their heads because the previous bloke stood for too much and the one before that stood for being a poor imitation of his brother which ought to have been mildly inoffensive, which it was until he ate a sandwich.....

Runners and riders begin to jockey, the left begin to sharpen their knives, could Corbyn return they ask? Leading to the right digging trenches whilst they consider voting Lib Dem or Green, some may even secretly vote for Boris.... civil war within the Labour party starts to appear upon the horizon again and still no one thinks to actually ask traditional Labour voters what they think.

Its all rather watchable.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Keir Starmer's abysmal interview on BBC One on 08:21 - May 8 with 1617 viewsDarth_Koont

Keir Starmer's abysmal interview on BBC One on 01:51 - May 8 by SpruceMoose

They're still dead when they have the most middle ground of middle ground leaders.

Never known a bogey man like the progressive left to be honest, where they're responsible for so much despite never having had a sniff of power.

Maybe people just need to accept that enough people in the UK actually do want a corrupt, petty, hostile government, so long as they're targeting the people they approve of as targets.

Spot on.

When not just the right but the centre spends most of its energy telling everyone how out of touch and unrealistic ... checks notes ... bog standard social democratic policies are, then the UK gets the politics and government it fully deserves.

Keir Starmer's abysmal interview on BBC One on 08:29 - May 8 with 1600 viewsDarth_Koont

Keir Starmer's abysmal interview on BBC One on 05:04 - May 8 by daisyisabaddog

Couldn't agree more. He's the only chance Labour has of reclaiming the North. But although Corbyn has gone the loonies are still there and they make it an impossible job for any moderate party leader.
I join the Labour Party when Starmer was appointed but doubt I'll hang around. I've sat in on some local Zoom meetings and the attitude beggars belief. They simply can't grasp the fact that they are never going to win an election in this country.

“They” were an awful lot closer in 2017.

Since the high of 1997, Labour has been losing ground. That move to the centre-right worked once and it’s been diminishing returns ever since.

If Labour are going to emerge from this then they need to be honest about what stopped that slide and brought voters back in their millions. It was having a positive vision for the country.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024