Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This kit'll do for next year... 17:53 - May 7 with 4175 viewsglasso

Dunno if this fella's on here. Freelance kit designer who supports Ipswich. But I'll have some of this!

This kit'll do for next year... on 17:58 - May 7 with 3864 viewsITFC_Cotton

It’s a a shame that these concept kits that pop up around this time every year are always nicer than the actual kit we end up getting. Would love to see the Adidas original logo on our shirts but if they didn’t use it for this seasons Uefa cup throwback I can’t see them using it ever. At least we know the sponsorship will look decent on whatever shirt we get.
This kit'll do for next year... on 18:19 - May 7 with 3779 viewsglasso

This kit'll do for next year... on 17:58 - May 7 by ITFC_Cotton

It’s a a shame that these concept kits that pop up around this time every year are always nicer than the actual kit we end up getting. Would love to see the Adidas original logo on our shirts but if they didn’t use it for this seasons Uefa cup throwback I can’t see them using it ever. At least we know the sponsorship will look decent on whatever shirt we get.

It's odd, isn't it, that I've never met *anybody* who prefers the new Adidas logo. Everyone snaps up anything with the old logo on it, and they DO still make stuff with the old logo on it, but nobody at the company has ever said, "look, lads, we tried, but the new one just isn't as good. Let's go back to the old one...'
This kit'll do for next year... on 18:25 - May 7 with 3722 viewsSwansea_Blue

This kit'll do for next year... on 17:58 - May 7 by ITFC_Cotton

Very true.

Although there's also one thing that always gets overlooked with these concepts that is the most important thing...white shorts. We must have white shorts for the home kit. That's non-negotiable imo and any owner who decides on blue shorts should be publicly flogged. At the least. I'd hang and quarter them as well, but believe there may be laws against that sort of thing.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

This kit'll do for next year... on 18:41 - May 7 with 3665 viewsBelsteadCav

Absolutely gorgeous!!!

I haven’t bought a town shirt since 2002, but I’d buy all 3 of those, especially the orange and black

King of the board since 98
Poll: Updated Poll . What would you rather win as a Sportsman

This kit'll do for next year... on 18:42 - May 7 with 3659 viewsBelsteadCav

This kit'll do for next year... on 18:25 - May 7 by Swansea_Blue

Very true.

Although there's also one thing that always gets overlooked with these concepts that is the most important thing...white shorts. We must have white shorts for the home kit. That's non-negotiable imo and any owner who decides on blue shorts should be publicly flogged. At the least. I'd hang and quarter them as well, but believe there may be laws against that sort of thing.

I’m with you there, blue shorts should be illegal

King of the board since 98
Poll: Updated Poll . What would you rather win as a Sportsman

This kit'll do for next year... on 18:45 - May 7 with 3632 viewsGlasgowBlue

Nice design but the blue is a little dark for my liking.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

This kit'll do for next year... on 18:57 - May 7 with 3595 viewsglasso

This kit'll do for next year... on 18:45 - May 7 by GlasgowBlue

Yeah I agree. It's a bit Chelsea in that colour.
This kit'll do for next year... on 18:59 - May 7 with 3583 viewschrismakin

Phil pass it on for next season

I Dread to think what Lambert has signed off

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Login to get fewer ads

This kit'll do for next year... on 19:01 - May 7 with 3581 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

The white's quite nice, not sure about the other two. As Glassers says, the blue is too dark (and I'm not sure about the pattern). The orange is too 70's hippy for me.

I like this one from the various concept kits knocking about (with new sponsor obvs);

I reckon the club should run a competition for these designers... the public choose and the winner gets their design made (and paid whatever designers get paid for this sort of thing). Everyone's a winner.

Ed Sheeran's design is a lot more pleasing on the eye than most sponsors, although I'd lose "TOUR" or make the typeface smaller, personally.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

This kit'll do for next year... on 19:06 - May 7 with 3566 viewsMattinLondon

I would quite like a navy blue top.
This kit'll do for next year... on 20:16 - May 7 with 3341 viewsglasso

This kit'll do for next year... on 19:01 - May 7 by The_Flashing_Smile

The white's quite nice, not sure about the other two. As Glassers says, the blue is too dark (and I'm not sure about the pattern). The orange is too 70's hippy for me.

I like this one from the various concept kits knocking about (with new sponsor obvs);

I reckon the club should run a competition for these designers... the public choose and the winner gets their design made (and paid whatever designers get paid for this sort of thing). Everyone's a winner.

Ed Sheeran's design is a lot more pleasing on the eye than most sponsors, although I'd lose "TOUR" or make the typeface smaller, personally.

Funnily enough, he's replied to someone on Twitter about that orange kit, pointing out that the shirt it looks like - the 1998 Holland kit - was called the 'Ipswich template'. Maybe it's time for us to reclaim it!
[Post edited 7 May 2021 20:22]
This kit'll do for next year... on 20:19 - May 7 with 3313 viewsSwansea_Blue

This kit'll do for next year... on 18:42 - May 7 by BelsteadCav

I’m with you there, blue shorts should be illegal

^^gets it. What idiot puts us in blue shorts ffs?!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

This kit'll do for next year... on 20:29 - May 7 with 3278 viewsMetal_Hacker

Saw these earlier and thought they were cool albeit the blue isn’t quite the correct blue (maybe my eyes ) but the concept itself ....yeah I like em

The orange is very 80’s Dutch “stylee “ as well

I’d buy em (if the blue was OUR blue)

Poll: If it were one or the other

This kit'll do for next year... on 20:30 - May 7 with 3275 viewsArnieM

I Like the concept shirts a lot 👍 ...the Ed Sheeran logo looks almost oriental ....I reckon it’s going to be a big hit even with the “ I don’t like Ed Sheeran songs”, brigade . Such a shame ne t season shirt has already been decided ....and won’t come within a country mile of the concept shirts shown in this thread.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

This kit'll do for next year... on 22:22 - May 7 with 3050 viewsThe_Last_Baron

This kit'll do for next year... on 18:41 - May 7 by BelsteadCav

Absolutely gorgeous!!!

I haven’t bought a town shirt since 2002, but I’d buy all 3 of those, especially the orange and black

They're great. No way the proper kits will be as good as these but he may have nailed it with the collar.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

This kit'll do for next year... on 22:31 - May 7 with 3025 viewsBluespeed225

we think of royal blue for us, but the wonderful opening day of 1972 season kit was navy, the 78 Cup final shirt was almost navy, as were the pinstripes of 81/2. it's a fine looking effort though.
This kit'll do for next year... on 22:38 - May 7 with 2998 viewsMelford

This kit'll do for next year... on 18:19 - May 7 by glasso

It's odd, isn't it, that I've never met *anybody* who prefers the new Adidas logo. Everyone snaps up anything with the old logo on it, and they DO still make stuff with the old logo on it, but nobody at the company has ever said, "look, lads, we tried, but the new one just isn't as good. Let's go back to the old one...'

The Trefoil is the tits, looks so much better than the lame 3 sloping stripe thing.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

This kit'll do for next year... on 23:43 - May 7 with 2879 viewshoppy

More like this, maybe...

...also just tried the away shirt in the yellow/blue...

(with apologies to 'the kit factor' for having play with his concepts)
[Post edited 8 May 2021 0:08]

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

This kit'll do for next year... on 00:03 - May 8 with 2824 viewsBLUEBEAT

This kit'll do for next year... on 22:38 - May 7 by Melford

The Trefoil is the tits, looks so much better than the lame 3 sloping stripe thing.

That with the ‘glory years’ style badge and I would get very excited!

Poll: W or W

This kit'll do for next year... on 00:23 - May 8 with 2796 viewshoppy

This kit'll do for next year... on 23:43 - May 7 by hoppy

More like this, maybe...

I've just seen, he had actually adjusted the blue following comments from others about being too dark..

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

This kit'll do for next year... on 02:00 - May 8 with 2714 viewsbournemouthblue

This kit'll do for next year... on 23:43 - May 7 by hoppy

More like this, maybe...

I like the yellow version but I'd colour match the badge like they have done on the orange one

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

This kit'll do for next year... on 07:00 - May 8 with 2566 viewsurbanblue

This kit'll do for next year... on 22:31 - May 7 by Bluespeed225

we think of royal blue for us, but the wonderful opening day of 1972 season kit was navy, the 78 Cup final shirt was almost navy, as were the pinstripes of 81/2. it's a fine looking effort though.

The navy kit was one of my favourites ...

https://images.app.goo.gl/4XgNaxwDuhpRHdt8A
This kit'll do for next year... on 07:09 - May 8 with 2554 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

This kit'll do for next year... on 07:21 - May 8 with 2541 viewscolonel

Love these designs, better than anything we’ve worn for years. Much prefer kits that are distinctive like these and can be recognised as ours rather than just another team in blue. White shorts for our home kit is an absolute must for me and if we play away then use the away kit not blue on blue. Never been a fan of white sleeves on any home kit.

As for away kits, most nostalgic for me are (in no particular order)... blue & yellow (first away game at an intimidating and raucous Upton Park), the white & black of the early 80’s (when we always seemed to win in it) & the ‘you know when you’ve been tangoed’ kit (been various versions of it but in my youth was on a management development programme up North where we visited and met with the exec of Umbro. In their boardroom was a mannequin sporting one of their designs. Of all the various clubs & kits they did at that time, it was our early orange number. I was chuffed to bits much to the annoyance of most of my glory hunting colleagues who were on the London/Man U/L’pool bandwagon. Our hosts were loving it too... indeed TWTD).
This kit'll do for next year... on 09:31 - May 8 with 2355 viewsThe_Last_Baron

This kit'll do for next year... on 07:21 - May 8 by colonel

Love these designs, better than anything we’ve worn for years. Much prefer kits that are distinctive like these and can be recognised as ours rather than just another team in blue. White shorts for our home kit is an absolute must for me and if we play away then use the away kit not blue on blue. Never been a fan of white sleeves on any home kit.

As for away kits, most nostalgic for me are (in no particular order)... blue & yellow (first away game at an intimidating and raucous Upton Park), the white & black of the early 80’s (when we always seemed to win in it) & the ‘you know when you’ve been tangoed’ kit (been various versions of it but in my youth was on a management development programme up North where we visited and met with the exec of Umbro. In their boardroom was a mannequin sporting one of their designs. Of all the various clubs & kits they did at that time, it was our early orange number. I was chuffed to bits much to the annoyance of most of my glory hunting colleagues who were on the London/Man U/L’pool bandwagon. Our hosts were loving it too... indeed TWTD).

The 1989-92 Tango is a classic. Great days. The home was great too, the best Umbro made for us.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024