Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Buy shares in Mark Drakeford (n/t) 21:46 - May 7 with 874 viewsGlasgowBlue

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Buy shares in Mark Drakeford (n/t) on 21:57 - May 7 with 834 viewsGuthrum

I know people living in Wales who are deeply unimpressed with his handling of the Covid crisis. Far too reactive.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Buy shares in Mark Drakeford (n/t) on 22:00 - May 7 with 822 viewsGlasgowBlue

Buy shares in Mark Drakeford (n/t) on 21:57 - May 7 by Guthrum

I know people living in Wales who are deeply unimpressed with his handling of the Covid crisis. Far too reactive.

I know people who feel likewise about Sturgeon. But she is close to getting a majority.

All incumbents seem to be getting a vaccine bounce.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Buy shares in Mark Drakeford (n/t) on 22:00 - May 7 with 823 viewsitfcjoe

Are all the incumbent leaders seeing a boost as generally people think that their leaders are doing a decent job whatever the realities are?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Buy shares in Mark Drakeford (n/t) on 22:03 - May 7 with 800 viewsGuthrum

Buy shares in Mark Drakeford (n/t) on 22:00 - May 7 by GlasgowBlue

I know people who feel likewise about Sturgeon. But she is close to getting a majority.

All incumbents seem to be getting a vaccine bounce.

Vaughan Gething, Welsh Health Minister, said one of the most perceptive things I've heard from a politician in some time: “Don’t tell the public they’re wrong when they vote, try to understand why they’ve chosen to vote in a different way. You can’t simply assume that people will continue to vote for you as a result of old tribal loyalty.”

Buy shares in Mark Drakeford (n/t) on 22:03 - May 7 with 795 viewstractordownsouth

Buy shares in Mark Drakeford (n/t) on 21:57 - May 7 by Guthrum

He definitely has his detractors but the majority are happy with him. Recent poll said 70% of Welsh voters thought he'd handled Covid better than Johnson, and from the door knocking I did in other seats, most undecideds were swayed by him.

To increase your majority from 1k to 11k in an election with roughly half turnout is stunning. The whole Welsh Labour performance has been magnificent. I'm usually an optimist and I predicted we'd get 28 which was seen as the highest potential performance, but we look on course to get 30. Plaid have been well beaten in the Valleys.

And the best thing is that the right wing minor parties (UKIP/Reform/Abolish) have reportedly all taken votes off each other in the list so won't be getting any seats. Neil Hamilton can go back to doing panto.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Buy shares in Mark Drakeford (n/t) on 22:04 - May 7 with 786 viewsGuthrum

Buy shares in Mark Drakeford (n/t) on 22:03 - May 7 by tractordownsouth

He definitely has his detractors but the majority are happy with him. Recent poll said 70% of Welsh voters thought he'd handled Covid better than Johnson, and from the door knocking I did in other seats, most undecideds were swayed by him.

To increase your majority from 1k to 11k in an election with roughly half turnout is stunning. The whole Welsh Labour performance has been magnificent. I'm usually an optimist and I predicted we'd get 28 which was seen as the highest potential performance, but we look on course to get 30. Plaid have been well beaten in the Valleys.

And the best thing is that the right wing minor parties (UKIP/Reform/Abolish) have reportedly all taken votes off each other in the list so won't be getting any seats. Neil Hamilton can go back to doing panto.

Hurrah on the last part!

Edit: Unless you like pantomime.
[Post edited 7 May 2021 22:04]

Buy shares in Mark Drakeford (n/t) on 22:07 - May 7 with 777 viewstractordownsouth

Buy shares in Mark Drakeford (n/t) on 22:04 - May 7 by Guthrum

Hurrah on the last part!

Despite a mixture of results UK wide, yesterday was the last day we have any elected UKIP represenatives in an office higher than local government. No chance they retain a Senedd seat.

Buy shares in Mark Drakeford (n/t) on 22:18 - May 7 with 739 viewstractordownsouth

Buy shares in Mark Drakeford (n/t) on 22:04 - May 7 by Guthrum

Hurrah on the last part!

First regional list seat result just came through in South Wales West. Not a UKIP target but they got a seat there last time. They got 2,000 votes. They'd have needed 15,000+ to get a seat.

They're finished.

Login to get fewer ads

Buy shares in Mark Drakeford (n/t) on 22:32 - May 7 with 707 viewstractordownsouth

Buy shares in Mark Drakeford (n/t) on 22:03 - May 7 by tractordownsouth

Gained a seat on the North Wales list. With the Mid and West regional vote to be confirmed, we're now on course for a net gain and 30 seats, equalling our best ever result! Just a month back some polls said we'd get a record low

Outstanding result. So chuffed.

Buy shares in Mark Drakeford (n/t) on 23:05 - May 7 with 625 viewsMerthyrblue

Buy shares in Mark Drakeford (n/t) on 22:32 - May 7 by tractordownsouth

Gained a seat on the North Wales list. With the Mid and West regional vote to be confirmed, we're now on course for a net gain and 30 seats, equalling our best ever result! Just a month back some polls said we'd get a record low

Outstanding result. So chuffed.

Yes well done indeed. I am not a party activist by any means but I have met Drakeford a couple of times in the past through my work and I thought he was a genuinely nice guy.
Buy shares in Mark Drakeford (n/t) on 23:20 - May 7 with 595 viewstractordownsouth

Buy shares in Mark Drakeford (n/t) on 23:05 - May 7 by Merthyrblue

Yes well done indeed. I am not a party activist by any means but I have met Drakeford a couple of times in the past through my work and I thought he was a genuinely nice guy.

I missed him by about 10 minutes when he came down to campaign in the Vale of Glamorgan, would've been nice to meet him though. The people I know that have all agree he's a nice chap. We've held the Vale of Glamorgan seat, despite it being Tory in Westminster, and the majority has gone up to 3k from only 700.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024