Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Last game of season feels more like a beginning than an end 07:26 - May 9 with 286 viewsmuccletonjoe

So what can we look forward to in the next 3 months ?
A period many Town fans have been anticipating with some relish , particularly since our play off hopes morphed into goalless despair.
I think a strong indication of the type of players Cook will recruit comes from his preferred formation , which although he has deviated from on occasions since he was appointed , he now insists this will not be the case going forward.
He will be looking at an incoming goalkeeper I would have thought. Although Cornell has certainly laid a claim to back up at least.
Of the back four , I would say a fit KVY is a certain starter at right back, with perhaps Donacien returning as back up.
Left back this season has seen some decent displays from kenlock and i think he will also remain , but with a new arrival who will probably be the first choice.
Central defence is less clear, Chambers will very likely be gone, McGuiness too. Which leaves wolfenden , nsiala and wilson , and out of those Wolfy has been the one regularly used over the last month. Out of the other two, maybe one will be leaving and at least one CB signing will be arriving.
Two central midfielders is an interesting pairing. I don't think Cook is happy with Dozzell and Downes, and even if Downes keeps his role, I think there will most certainly be someone new alongside him , there may well be two new faces here to increase his options.
Of the 3 playing behind a striker I think only Bishop stands any chance of getting a place come next season. I would guess with the lack of creativity this season we are likely to see this area as the main initial signings, anything upto 4 arrivals can be expected here.
Who out of the strikers will survive ? , I think the answer is not many. Norwood may find himself competing with 2 or 3 new goalscorers.
All in all ALOT of change is about to take place. Be ready for at least half a new team , maybe as many as 7 or 8 debuts on the first game back next season.
Enjoy !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024