Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Congratulations Marcus Evans 17:05 - May 9 with 2555 viewspatrickswell

I mean you were fking shocking but at least we finished on an upward curve and did better than last year. A little achievement for you to walk away with and goodness knows, you haven't had many of those to cling onto.

Anything else to add? No, I don't think so, except to say that regardless of how bad things get in the future, I'll never wish for your return. You've left the club a hollow shell of what it could be. Like most of those who leave us tomorrow, you won't be missed.
Congratulations Marcus Evans on 17:09 - May 9 with 2516 viewswkj

Marcus Evans would have been the dream chairman if he put someone in as a CEO, I firmly believe that.

When I say CEO, I mean a real one, not pretend ones like Clegg etc.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Congratulations Marcus Evans on 17:11 - May 9 with 2497 viewsJ2BLUE

Congratulations Marcus Evans on 17:09 - May 9 by wkj

Marcus Evans would have been the dream chairman if he put someone in as a CEO, I firmly believe that.

So if he had just been completely different he'd have been good?

I get what you're saying but we were a million miles away from that under his leadership.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Congratulations Marcus Evans on 17:11 - May 9 with 2503 viewsghostofescobar

The man is a stain on our proud history. Good riddance. Can you imagine “looking forward” to next season with him still in charge?

GhostOfEscobar

Congratulations Marcus Evans on 17:13 - May 9 with 2480 viewswkj

Congratulations Marcus Evans on 17:11 - May 9 by J2BLUE

So if he had just been completely different he'd have been good?

I get what you're saying but we were a million miles away from that under his leadership.

I think it is clear he felt the day to day running on the club would run it self and the football knowledge of the managers would be enough. We don't really know what Mike Ashton will bring to ITFC, but one can't help but feel it is a fundamental move that Evans never really twigged on to.

Crybaby

Congratulations Marcus Evans on 17:14 - May 9 with 2475 viewsghostofescobar

Congratulations Marcus Evans on 17:09 - May 9 by wkj

Not an ounce of evidence to suggest that would have been true.

GhostOfEscobar

Congratulations Marcus Evans on 17:15 - May 9 with 2463 viewsJ2BLUE

Congratulations Marcus Evans on 17:13 - May 9 by wkj

I think it is clear he felt the day to day running on the club would run it self and the football knowledge of the managers would be enough. We don't really know what Mike Ashton will bring to ITFC, but one can't help but feel it is a fundamental move that Evans never really twigged on to.

Well, precisely.

Evans was nothing short of a disaster.

Truly impaired.

Congratulations Marcus Evans on 17:15 - May 9 with 2466 viewsChurchman

He still owns 5%. Technically he’ll still be hanging around like the brown stuff to a cows rear end. Hopefully not for too long.
Congratulations Marcus Evans on 17:17 - May 9 with 2448 viewswkj

Congratulations Marcus Evans on 17:14 - May 9 by ghostofescobar

Not an ounce of evidence to suggest that would have been true.

Keeping the club financially floating is more and more a luxury it feels these days. It would have been a dream with his financial backing and someone else to know exactly how to direct the budget for footballing reasons.

Crybaby

Login to get fewer ads

Congratulations Marcus Evans on 17:17 - May 9 with 2449 viewsJ2BLUE

Congratulations Marcus Evans on 17:15 - May 9 by Churchman

He still owns 5%. Technically he’ll still be hanging around like the brown stuff to a cows rear end. Hopefully not for too long.

He has no power now.

He should be left alone. If he turns up at PR I hope the fans ignore him. There's no need for a grudge. What's happened has happened. At least he looks to have passed us on to decent owners. I know it's early days but I think Gamechangers will be good for us.
[Post edited 9 May 2021 17:23]

Truly impaired.

Congratulations Marcus Evans on 17:20 - May 9 with 2426 viewswkj

Congratulations Marcus Evans on 17:17 - May 9 by J2BLUE

He has no power now.

He should be left alone. If he turns up at PR I hope the fans ignore him. There's no need for a grudge. What's happened has happened. At least he looks to have passed us on to decent owners. I know it's early days but I think Gamechangers will be good for us.

This is a key fact. There are many many volatile would-be owners out there, and Gamechanger seems to have their head screwed on straight with their other ventures - So he does seem measured with his passing of the baton.
[Post edited 9 May 2021 17:21]

Crybaby

Congratulations Marcus Evans on 17:30 - May 9 with 2346 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Congratulations Marcus Evans on 17:11 - May 9 by ghostofescobar

The man is a stain on our proud history. Good riddance. Can you imagine “looking forward” to next season with him still in charge?

That would have been his annual summer 'statement' and new signings composed of League One and League Two free agents.
Congratulations Marcus Evans on 17:37 - May 9 with 2309 viewsWestover

Congratulations Marcus Evans on 17:11 - May 9 by ghostofescobar

Can you imagine where we would have been 13 odd years ago without him out of league football I would think and he has left us in good hands, give him some credit for that as least.
Congratulations Marcus Evans on 17:47 - May 9 with 2259 viewsRegencyBlue

Congratulations Marcus Evans on 17:37 - May 9 by Westover

Can you imagine where we would have been 13 odd years ago without him out of league football I would think and he has left us in good hands, give him some credit for that as least.

Sold to somebody else I imagine!

I do not understand the argument that we have to be grateful to him because nobody else would ever have been interested in buying us and we should be eternally grateful for the utter shambles the club has become under his ownership over the last fourteen years.
Congratulations Marcus Evans on 17:52 - May 9 with 2227 viewswkj

Congratulations Marcus Evans on 17:47 - May 9 by RegencyBlue

Sold to somebody else I imagine!

I do not understand the argument that we have to be grateful to him because nobody else would ever have been interested in buying us and we should be eternally grateful for the utter shambles the club has become under his ownership over the last fourteen years.

I'm more grateful about the fact he wasn't bat sh*t crazy like the Venky lot. It is a small degree of comfort knowing we declined because Evans was not very good rather than erratic.

The best thing he's done for us is putting us in seemingly solid hands for the future - and that goes a long way these days.

Crybaby

Congratulations Marcus Evans on 17:55 - May 9 with 2215 viewsArnieM

I know the Evans era has been a monumental downer. BUT, it cannot be den8ed that if he hadn’t bought the Club, ( no one else was in the frame /interested ), this Club WOULD have totally gone under.

He tried to compete with Sky.Money, but wasn’t able to or willing / to in the end. Can’t say I blame him. His major fault was underestimating what it actually takes to run a club, and tried to wear all the hats himself. A big mistake.

But to his credit , he has sold to owners that are better placed it appears, to take this club forward. He could so easily have just pulled the plug.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Congratulations Marcus Evans on 17:59 - May 9 with 2192 viewsTexaco73

Anything pretty much would have been better than 13 years of decline. 13 years of continually telling us to manage our expectations and accept we can't be as competitive as other clubs. 13 years of failure and destruction of the fabric of the club.
Not grateful for ME and the host of jokers he employed. (On and off the pitch)
Anything is better than the slow death we have endured.
Thankfully, it appears we are now in better hands.
Congratulations Marcus Evans on 18:00 - May 9 with 2184 viewsStewart27

Congratulations Marcus Evans on 17:55 - May 9 by ArnieM

I know the Evans era has been a monumental downer. BUT, it cannot be den8ed that if he hadn’t bought the Club, ( no one else was in the frame /interested ), this Club WOULD have totally gone under.

He tried to compete with Sky.Money, but wasn’t able to or willing / to in the end. Can’t say I blame him. His major fault was underestimating what it actually takes to run a club, and tried to wear all the hats himself. A big mistake.

But to his credit , he has sold to owners that are better placed it appears, to take this club forward. He could so easily have just pulled the plug.

This is absolutely not true.

It wasn’t a case of Evans or being wound up. The only club that has wound up in recent memory has been Bury. Every club changes ownership/gets bought and there was no reason to believe that somebody else wouldn’t have bought us if Evans hadn’t.

We got unlucky.
Congratulations Marcus Evans on 18:03 - May 9 with 2165 viewsChurchman

Congratulations Marcus Evans on 17:17 - May 9 by J2BLUE

He has no power now.

Agree with all of that. He will get no thanks from me. I wish he’d have applied his incompetence elsewhere, but what is done is done. Yes, I think the new mob in charge have started well. It’s all about the future now.
[Post edited 9 May 2021 18:05]
Congratulations Marcus Evans on 18:07 - May 9 with 2120 viewswkj

Congratulations Marcus Evans on 18:00 - May 9 by Stewart27

This is absolutely not true.

It wasn’t a case of Evans or being wound up. The only club that has wound up in recent memory has been Bury. Every club changes ownership/gets bought and there was no reason to believe that somebody else wouldn’t have bought us if Evans hadn’t.

We got unlucky.

Keep in mind that at the time, Administration wasn't nearly as common as it is now, and it was a really frightening place to be- considering we had just enjoyed our best footballing successes since the golden years.

I sat next to the same people for 6 seasons, and we all went out in the midst of the drama and collectively had no clue what to expect. At the time, I really don't think anyone was waiting in the wings beyond Evans.

Crybaby

Congratulations Marcus Evans on 18:08 - May 9 with 2111 viewsghostofescobar

Congratulations Marcus Evans on 17:17 - May 9 by wkj

Keeping the club financially floating is more and more a luxury it feels these days. It would have been a dream with his financial backing and someone else to know exactly how to direct the budget for footballing reasons.

Isn’t that what we now have though? I understand that there is now the added risk that the new owners may be more likely to pull the plug without success, but I’ll take that over the long death that Evans was leading us to.

GhostOfEscobar

Congratulations Marcus Evans on 18:11 - May 9 with 2094 viewswkj

Congratulations Marcus Evans on 18:08 - May 9 by ghostofescobar

Isn’t that what we now have though? I understand that there is now the added risk that the new owners may be more likely to pull the plug without success, but I’ll take that over the long death that Evans was leading us to.

I don't deny at all that it was his time to go, and all signs point toward Gamechanger being exciting - however, there is a sense of dread too. If we don't get success soon, and we're not financially viable, will the new regime give up hope? Sell us off to the highest bidder?

I am much happier now, but I am under no misconception that Evans' failures would have been much better if he actually had some football business minds around him.

Crybaby

Congratulations Marcus Evans on 18:16 - May 9 with 2068 viewsghostofescobar

You can see my posts before about this, but I have said that I completely acknowledge his money to keep us afloat, although the £6mill a year that seems to have gained popularity is plainly wrong. But the cash doesn’t in any way, in my opinion, excuse the dreadful things he’s done to this club. The only real negative to come out of the buy out is that he still has 5%. I want him gone, out, nothing to do with us in any way. I don’t want him paying for a seat for a home game, as I’d rather he never set foot in PR ever again.

GhostOfEscobar

Congratulations Marcus Evans on 19:55 - May 9 with 1879 viewsMJallday

Congratulations Marcus Evans on 17:55 - May 9 by ArnieM

Sorry he had the perfect opportunity to invest that one season to help the promotion pigs. Literally everyone saw it except him.

He spectacularly screwed up

Good riddance as far as I’m concerned. That era is over thank f**k

New one starts tommorow

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024