Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The released list so far…. 17:50 - May 9 with 6326 views66notout

Huws, Judge, Ward, Nsiala, Sears, Skuse, Chambers, Drinan, Jackson, Hawkins
The released list so far…. on 21:07 - May 9 with 1130 views66notout

The released list so far…. on 20:55 - May 9 by El_Fenix

$5; the loser to pay through Paypal and the winner to accept Paypal's rate of exchange.

$5? Can’t be bothered with that. Don’t have PayPal either? You’ll thank me tomorrow.
The released list so far…. on 21:18 - May 9 with 1095 viewsBluefish

The released list so far…. on 21:02 - May 9 by BasingstokeBlue

Why not keep Edwards, instead? At least we’d get some proper football out of him.

He doesn't have an option and no one would pay any money for him. I expect he will easily find a free transfer though.

Plus he isn't a footballer

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

The released list so far…. on 07:52 - May 10 with 926 viewsStewart27

The released list so far…. on 18:38 - May 9 by Bluefish

Good point he might cost us 100k in wages so we should write off the million on offer

Numbers may be exaggerated

Only a complete mug and/or a terribly run club would pay in excess of a million for Jackson.
The released list so far…. on 08:02 - May 10 with 896 viewsBluefish

The released list so far…. on 07:52 - May 10 by Stewart27

Only a complete mug and/or a terribly run club would pay in excess of a million for Jackson.

Can Derby afford it though?

The released list so far…. on 08:26 - May 10 with 824 viewsHerbivore

The released list so far…. on 20:36 - May 9 by Bluefish

Posh and uddersfield would pay something for him. As I said numbers might be exaggerated but on July 1st tell then to give us 500k even if we get 100k it is better than nothing

We won't get £500k for him. For £100k by the time Jackson has been paid up and we've covered agents' fees we'll be selling him at a loss. If he has no future here we're better off just letting him go.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The released list so far…. on 08:34 - May 10 with 793 viewsBluefish

The released list so far…. on 08:26 - May 10 by Herbivore

We won't get £500k for him. For £100k by the time Jackson has been paid up and we've covered agents' fees we'll be selling him at a loss. If he has no future here we're better off just letting him go.

It is not difficult, we had firm interest in January and posh have been interested throughout. We could easily test their interest and do a deal to cover all costs and profit. The important thing is that he is gone though, likewise Gwion

The released list so far…. on 08:38 - May 10 with 773 viewsHerbivore

The released list so far…. on 08:34 - May 10 by Bluefish

It is not difficult, we had firm interest in January and posh have been interested throughout. We could easily test their interest and do a deal to cover all costs and profit. The important thing is that he is gone though, likewise Gwion

It is difficult to sell a player for a fee after a terrible season, with one year left on his deal, when we're keen to sell, and when there's loads of decent options around for no money. It's pie in the sky stuff to think we can trigger his option and then find a buyer willing to pay enough for us to make a profit on the deal.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The released list so far…. on 08:43 - May 10 with 753 viewsBluefish

The released list so far…. on 08:38 - May 10 by Herbivore

It is difficult to sell a player for a fee after a terrible season, with one year left on his deal, when we're keen to sell, and when there's loads of decent options around for no money. It's pie in the sky stuff to think we can trigger his option and then find a buyer willing to pay enough for us to make a profit on the deal.

We'll see....We'll probably release but it has been done before

Login to get fewer ads

The released list so far…. on 11:27 - May 10 with 672 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Of those out of contract.. I’d keep Chambers as a player coach (mostly coach related) and then Wilson, Bishop and El Mizouni. Wouldn’t be disappointed if Gwion stayed another year too as I think he’d be good in a team playing with confidence as we should be next year (his best spells always coincide with when the team are winning).

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

The released list so far…. on 11:28 - May 10 with 660 viewsartsbossbeard

Why do I think that Hawkins has got another year??

I'm sure he alluded to this in a Radio Suffolk interview but I might well be wrong and happy to told I'm wrong.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

The released list so far…. on 11:29 - May 10 with 654 viewsKieran_Knows

The released list so far…. on 11:28 - May 10 by artsbossbeard

Why do I think that Hawkins has got another year??

I'm sure he alluded to this in a Radio Suffolk interview but I might well be wrong and happy to told I'm wrong.

He has.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

The released list so far…. on 11:31 - May 10 with 630 viewsgordon

El Mizouni should definitely be kept - he's exactly the type of player we should be looking to attract and develop - was really surprised to see him mooted as a possible release.
The released list so far…. on 11:33 - May 10 with 617 viewsRadlett_blue

The released list so far…. on 18:38 - May 9 by Bluefish

Good point he might cost us 100k in wages so we should write off the million on offer

Numbers may be exaggerated

A couple of Championship clubs apparently offered £1m+ for Jackson last summer. Town brilliantly decided to turn this down & keep a player who didn't fit into Lambert's system, or Cook's. So he's had a poor season & his value will have declined. Even if Town trigger the extension, can't see him fetching more than £500k tops.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

The released list so far…. on 11:47 - May 10 with 557 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

The released list so far…. on 11:31 - May 10 by gordon

El Mizouni should definitely be kept - he's exactly the type of player we should be looking to attract and develop - was really surprised to see him mooted as a possible release.

Agreed.

And if we never get the chance to do the ‘Saturday Night and I like the way you move.. el mizouni’ chant at an away ground next season it’ll be criminal. He must stay for that alone.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

The released list so far…. on 17:20 - May 10 with 431 viewsgordon

The released list so far…. on 11:47 - May 10 by The_Romford_Blue

Agreed.

And if we never get the chance to do the ‘Saturday Night and I like the way you move.. el mizouni’ chant at an away ground next season it’ll be criminal. He must stay for that alone.

Also would work with a bog standard El El, El El El El, El El El Mizouni to the tune of no Limit 2Unlimited.
The released list so far…. on 17:21 - May 10 with 424 viewsgordon

The released list so far…. on 11:33 - May 10 by Radlett_blue

A couple of Championship clubs apparently offered £1m+ for Jackson last summer. Town brilliantly decided to turn this down & keep a player who didn't fit into Lambert's system, or Cook's. So he's had a poor season & his value will have declined. Even if Town trigger the extension, can't see him fetching more than £500k tops.

Sunk Cost Fallacy right there. Could be on an AS level Business studies exam in a few years.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024