Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Talking of what confidence can do for a player ... 10:47 - May 10 with 1053 viewsDarth_Koont

Kenlock!

I’ve been critical of him over the past year or so as he seemed to be developing into a more and more limited player. But looks like so much of that is down to confidence and him retreating into his shell.

Hopefully, he’s one player who is responding to Cook, not least the encouraging shouts to get forward.

You’ve also got to think that if we get half of the team playing with confidence and enjoying their role it’s going to drag all of them there. I think that’s at the core of teams with momentum and something we really haven’t seen since 2014-15.

Pronouns: He/Him

Talking of what confidence can do for a player ... on 10:49 - May 10 with 1028 viewsGlasgowBlue

He looked very comfortable yesterday. I think Cook will want better in the left back role but Kenlock should stay as back up.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Talking of what confidence can do for a player ... on 10:57 - May 10 with 962 viewsDarth_Koont

Talking of what confidence can do for a player ... on 10:49 - May 10 by GlasgowBlue

He looked very comfortable yesterday. I think Cook will want better in the left back role but Kenlock should stay as back up.

You might be right. Pretty sure Nydam can offer competition but will be interesting if Cook sees his role further forward.

Talking of what confidence can do for a player ... on 10:58 - May 10 with 958 viewsEwan_Oozami

Playing full back, you get the manager loud in your ear for at least half a game. and I think PC is doing a lot of work telling him when to go and when to stay...having played that position myself, my worst game for that was when I started RB, to try and control their left-winger, manager shouting "Hold him up! Push him wide! Don't let him turn!" at me for 45 mins - come the 2nd half, the winger moves to their right, so I get moved across to LB and another 45 mins of shouting from the manager - game ended 0-0...at the end our manager said our team had played well, and I responded, how can you know, you were shouting at me the whole effing time!

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Talking of what confidence can do for a player ... on 10:58 - May 10 with 951 viewsStokieBlue

Talking of what confidence can do for a player ... on 10:57 - May 10 by Darth_Koont

You might be right. Pretty sure Nydam can offer competition but will be interesting if Cook sees his role further forward.

I still don't think he's good enough to be the consistent first choice, he does this quite a lot, a few good games and everyone posts he's turned the corner then reverts to the mean and isn't great at all. At nearly 25 I think he's good backup but I think we need someone a bit better at LB given the way Cook wants to play.

He certainly played well yesterday though.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Talking of what confidence can do for a player ... on 11:00 - May 10 with 942 viewschrismakin

Talking of what confidence can do for a player ... on 10:58 - May 10 by Ewan_Oozami

Playing full back, you get the manager loud in your ear for at least half a game. and I think PC is doing a lot of work telling him when to go and when to stay...having played that position myself, my worst game for that was when I started RB, to try and control their left-winger, manager shouting "Hold him up! Push him wide! Don't let him turn!" at me for 45 mins - come the 2nd half, the winger moves to their right, so I get moved across to LB and another 45 mins of shouting from the manager - game ended 0-0...at the end our manager said our team had played well, and I responded, how can you know, you were shouting at me the whole effing time!

Sounds like you did a good job though, well done :)

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Talking of what confidence can do for a player ... on 11:08 - May 10 with 903 viewsEwan_Oozami

Talking of what confidence can do for a player ... on 11:00 - May 10 by chrismakin

Sounds like you did a good job though, well done :)

Thanks! I think most people on here who've played football to any level would agree that the last thing you want in a game is the manager on your case all the time!

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Talking of what confidence can do for a player ... on 11:15 - May 10 with 865 viewsDarth_Koont

Talking of what confidence can do for a player ... on 10:58 - May 10 by Ewan_Oozami

Haha! Great stuff.

Must admit that the games without fans have been a real eye-opener for me. Or rather an ear-opener.

I had no idea that there was so much shouting instructions at professional players. I mean just constantly and from the manager and all the coaches on both sides. Meanwhile very little from the players themselves.

As a rugby player and coach, it’s very different. But I have no idea if this constant barrage works in football or if it’s received wisdom and/or showing that people are working and demonstrating Passion™️

Talking of what confidence can do for a player ... on 12:16 - May 10 with 753 viewshype313

Talking of what confidence can do for a player ... on 10:57 - May 10 by Darth_Koont

Bloody hell, you two agreeing on something left wing...

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Login to get fewer ads

Talking of what confidence can do for a player ... on 12:20 - May 10 with 728 viewsDarth_Koont

Talking of what confidence can do for a player ... on 12:16 - May 10 by hype313

Bloody hell, you two agreeing on something left wing...

GB votes Labour now. He’ll be voting for a centre-left party this time next year.

Talking of what confidence can do for a player ... on 12:24 - May 10 with 702 viewsurbanblue

Talking of what confidence can do for a player ... on 11:08 - May 10 by Ewan_Oozami

Thanks! I think most people on here who've played football to any level would agree that the last thing you want in a game is the manager on your case all the time!

I agree, and sometimes wonder whether Cook overdid that in the early days causing confusion for some of them. The players just didn't know whether they were coming or going.
Talking of what confidence can do for a player ... on 12:29 - May 10 with 675 viewsKeaneish

Talking of what confidence can do for a player ... on 10:58 - May 10 by StokieBlue

I still don't think he's good enough to be the consistent first choice, he does this quite a lot, a few good games and everyone posts he's turned the corner then reverts to the mean and isn't great at all. At nearly 25 I think he's good backup but I think we need someone a bit better at LB given the way Cook wants to play.

SB

Agreed. A few have stepped up to the plate in the final few games which is exactly what Cook wanted when baiting them. The last few seasons have rocked my confidence in any of this squad to perform consistently though and Kenlock is a prime example. If he plays every game like he has in the last few, he'll have a good season next year and push someone for a place.

However, if he plays like he did away at Fleetwood when subbed at half time, we need better....

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Talking of what confidence can do for a player ... on 12:42 - May 10 with 588 viewschrismakin

Talking of what confidence can do for a player ... on 12:24 - May 10 by urbanblue

I agree, and sometimes wonder whether Cook overdid that in the early days causing confusion for some of them. The players just didn't know whether they were coming or going.

That was the risk with Evan's making the change when he did

Lambert and gill silently watching from the advertising boardings to PC end of the technical area involved in everything. PC cracked me up on Tuesday. The ball kept going out and he was running halfway down the touchline to get the ball from the stands. He doesnt stay still.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Talking of what confidence can do for a player ... on 12:43 - May 10 with 577 viewsElderGrizzly

Talking of what confidence can do for a player ... on 10:58 - May 10 by StokieBlue

SB

Enough managers (and very different playing styles) have reached the same conclusion that he isn't good enough as a regular first choice too.

I'd argue he wouldn't have played without Ward's contract situation too.
Talking of what confidence can do for a player ... on 12:45 - May 10 with 557 viewsurbanblue

Talking of what confidence can do for a player ... on 12:42 - May 10 by chrismakin

That was the risk with Evan's making the change when he did

Lambert and gill silently watching from the advertising boardings to PC end of the technical area involved in everything. PC cracked me up on Tuesday. The ball kept going out and he was running halfway down the touchline to get the ball from the stands. He doesnt stay still.

He doesn't stand still for an interview. I keep thinking he's going to start dancing.
Talking of what confidence can do for a player ... on 12:46 - May 10 with 547 viewsMrTown

Yeah a more than adequate back up, would have absolutely no issue with him playing 15 or so games throughout a season.

Still bang the drum for Tom Pearce!

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024