Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Official Thank You Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears 11:18 - May 10 with 16504 viewsSwailsey

Phil has kindly said that he will pass this on.

A thread to thank Luke, Cole and Freddie for their services to town over the last few years.

All 3 were key parts of our play-off season, have given the best part of their careers to Ipswich and certainly could never be accused of giving less than 100%.

It would be nice if we could keep the comments positive please - the old saying of if you have nothing nice to say... would be appropriate here - it is the very least they deserve.

--------------------------------------------

My message:

Thanks to all 3 of you for your efforts at ITFC. You were a massive part of my favorite season in almost 20 years and have all given me some insanely good memories.

At a time where I felt disillusioned with the club after the journeyman years, your passion, commitment and honesty made me actually enjoy going to PR again.

You helped create great memories which were shared with friends (some of who are no longer with us), my Dad and strangers alike.

Some highlights:

Chambers:

1) Last minute winner vs QPR
2) The Noel Hunt interview
3) Making me feel proud of my team again and carrying the club so well
4) Being a bl**dy good CB (as well as playing well at RB), which is often forgotten
5) Being an excellent Assistant Manager on Football Manager

Skuse:

1) THAT goal against Cardiff
2) THAT GOAL AGAINST CARDIFF
3) All of the last-ditch-tracking-back-tackles when other players were out of position
4) A standout debut performance, where you looked effortlessly classy on the ball
5) Being an excellent Scout on Football Manager

Sears:

1) The perseverance for creating the play-off goal
2) The perseverance for creating the Chaplow goal
3) The day you tore Fulham apart

Thank you all. I hope to see you back in the club in some capacity in the future.

Finally, best wishes to all the other players and staff who have left/will leave the club this summer.
[Post edited 15 May 2021 22:56]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 11:23 - May 10 with 8678 viewsHarvester415

thankyou to all three of you!

i managed to speak with Chambo and Skuse on the waterfront last night, both fantastic characters and their presence around the cub will be missed.

Freddie Sears has been terrific during his time here and a consistent goal threat and i am forever thankful for all 3 of their services to our great club. All the best in your future endeavors!
Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 11:27 - May 10 with 8606 viewsMrTown

All solid pros, carried themselves very very well throughout their time here. Top professionals who always gave everything, even if the quality sometimes lacked you could never ever fault their professionalism so you have to say thank you for that.

Best of luck in the next stage.
[Post edited 10 May 2021 11:28]

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 11:28 - May 10 with 8597 viewsTonyHumesIpswich

All the best in the future!

Could all end up at Colchester U. Never know, could get them promotion.
Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 11:30 - May 10 with 8547 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Although it was very short lived, the Chambers goal at Carrow Road gave us all a couple of minutes of bliss....

I think for chambers and Skuse in particular, much of their best work the last couple of years has been behind the scenes and off the field. Making players feel welcome, having youth team players love with them etc. That’s above and beyond.
Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 11:33 - May 10 with 8523 viewsbelgablue

Thanks all your efforts.

One game you all played in stands out for me. Beating Watford 1-0 away with the winner in injury time. Freddie robbing the ball, playing in Chaplow. Absolute bedlam in the away end, Chambo fist pump x 100. - I'd travelled that morning from Brussels for the game with some old school friends so was extra special. Beer and more beer afterwards. Away days. Happy days.

Good luck to you all.

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 11:34 - May 10 with 8511 viewsDarkblue

I'll try to keep it short

All three of you are an absolute credit to the club, your families and yourselves. Whenever watching you play I've never had any doubt that all three of you are giving 100% for the shirt and you've all always played with the utmost professionalism. As a "younger" town fan who wasn't around to see the Robson era and hardly remembers the Burley era - you are all legends for someone like me and deserve that status. I'm sorry your service to the club didn't see the trophies and accolades it truly deserved but I hope knowing that you 3 serve as icons for a generation of younger town fans like myself is enough. I hope one day to see you all back at the club in some capacity - I'm sure you'll be welcomed back with open arms!
Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 11:40 - May 10 with 8463 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Thanks all 3 of you for the commitment and professionalism show over your time at ITFC.

You have conducted yourselves impeccably over that time and the service to the club must not go unrecognised.

A credit to the club, all the best for the future

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 11:42 - May 10 with 8442 viewsTractorCam

Good idea.

Cheers lads, I've been a season ticket holder since 2003 and 2014/15 was definitely my favourite season as a Town fan. It's a shame we didn't get promoted, but all of these players played huge parts in that season.

Whilst it's not always been rosey, I can't fault any of these guys efforts and if they see this I wish you all the best going forward.

A special thanks to Chambo for his leadership and the famous Noel Hunt interview.... One f**king Chambers!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Login to get fewer ads

Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 11:48 - May 10 with 8375 viewsFPL_Tractor

Luke was my lad’s first favourite player. And while this seems minor it’s something he’ll always remember. And so will I.

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 11:50 - May 10 with 8347 viewsJ2BLUE

Thank you for your service to the club. All three will be well respected and liked former players. You all deserved better than to be part of this club during the Evans era. We know it was an uphill battle on the pitch because of what was going on behind the scenes.

Luke - There's a manager job waiting for you one day.

Cole - Always underappreciated. Be nice to Luke, he might need some coaches one day.

Freddie - I bet on you to be top goalscorer...if Lambert had have played you up front we would be a Championship club and i'd be writing this from the beach in Barbados but never mind, there is always next season. Wherever you go, please insist they play you as a striker and i'll have another go!

All the best. Oh and Colchester fans don't really mean what they say about us. They like us really.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 11:50 - May 10 with 8347 viewsStenvict

I was there at Sheffield Wednesday away when Cole Skuse played one of the best passes I've ever seen; a 60 yard cross-field half volley, with pin point accuracy.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 11:54 - May 10 with 8314 viewstractor_lady

All totally professional and good servants to the club. Was always a Skuse fan even through the times he got a hard time on the forum, his assurance in front of the back four was brilliant. And how we will miss chambers fist pump - absolutely gutted that he didn’t get to do that yesterday in front of a crowd and get the cheers he deserves. As for Freddie, sadly all to often played out of position so never really able to recreate the form when he first started, but some great goals in his time. Thank you to all 3!!!
Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 11:59 - May 10 with 8241 viewsTractorCam

Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 11:50 - May 10 by Stenvict

I was there at Sheffield Wednesday away when Cole Skuse played one of the best passes I've ever seen; a 60 yard cross-field half volley, with pin point accuracy.

Not sure if it's the same game, but 2013 he hit the post from 20/25 yards out and I was celebrating for a good 5 seconds before realising it hadn't actually gone in

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 11:59 - May 10 with 8238 viewsportmanking

For too long certain sections of the fanbase focused their anger towards Chambers and Skuse. I have no doubt with the right level of investment and a good recruitment strategy, both Chambers and Skuse could have been part of an XI that was something special. Instead, they have been left to carry the can for dozens of overpaid and inadequate signings that lacked the mental fortitude to be winners. For that, Marcus Evans should hang his head in shame.

In my eyes, you two have been an absolute credit to the football club, keeping it together during its darkest of days. Full respect - hopefully we will meet again.
Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 12:05 - May 10 with 8180 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

There’s lots of good things to mention as have been said throughout the thread already but the thing for me is that I could never question any of the three on attitude. Not once did I think any of them wasn’t giving it all for the shirt. Pride in the shirt is one of my few requirements for players at this club. All three had that. And for that I will say cheers.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 12:42 - May 10 with 7948 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Hi lads,

Cheers for all you've done for our club over the years. You were the main part of our playoff season and gave us some great memories. You're loyalty and commitment will always be appreciated

p.s I was there when skuseeeeee scored!!
Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 13:10 - May 10 with 7796 viewsCrockerITFC

Thank you all for your tremendous service and loyalty to the club, you gave your best years to the club that we all love. Seeing your pride and passion in the shirt is something that I will always remember, best of luck with everything in the future.
Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 13:58 - May 10 with 7641 viewsjudespiveyg

I don't know if this is a thanks as such but it's really weird for me to imagine an Ipswich team without Chambers in. When we signed him I was 10 and in primary school, and I'm now an adult in my first year of uni. Chambers has been the first name on the teamsheet for almost half of my life and has been a constant in a period where I've obviously changed quite a lot.

He's never been my favourite player and I'm not particularly sad to see him go, but there is sort of an end of an era feel to Chambers leaving.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 14:07 - May 10 with 7606 viewsfooters

Nice idea, Swailsey.

All three have been great servants for us during one of the lowest ebbs this club has had. I'd like to thank them all for their professionalism and pride in the shirt most of all.

Oh, and doesn't salt-n-pepper Skusey look a lil' sexy?

Good luck with the next stage of your career, guys, and hope to see you back at Portman Road soon :)

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 14:36 - May 10 with 7443 viewsPJH

Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 11:23 - May 10 by Harvester415

thankyou to all three of you!

i managed to speak with Chambo and Skuse on the waterfront last night, both fantastic characters and their presence around the cub will be missed.

Freddie Sears has been terrific during his time here and a consistent goal threat and i am forever thankful for all 3 of their services to our great club. All the best in your future endeavors!

edit-don't know how/why I linked to that post, it was meant to just be an addition to the thread so I will rewrite.
[Post edited 10 May 2021 14:38]
Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 14:43 - May 10 with 7369 viewsPJH

Now that it is official, at least in the cases of the first two, a huge thank you from me to Luke and Cole for everything that you have done for the club both on and off the pitch.

Thank you for being a part of the time when you could be proud to be a follower of ITFC and thank you for the memories.

It was good to be part of the times when, for an all too brief period, the team and the supporters were as one.

The club and area obviously meant the world to both of you.

I hope for luck and success in your future careers.
Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears (tbc) on 14:45 - May 10 with 7351 viewsEdmundo

Definitely end of an era.
Chambers:
Skuse:
Sears:
Thanks for the memories, boys
[Post edited 10 May 2021 20:27]

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 14:51 - May 10 with 7296 viewseireblue

Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 11:42 - May 10 by TractorCam

Good idea.

Cheers lads, I've been a season ticket holder since 2003 and 2014/15 was definitely my favourite season as a Town fan. It's a shame we didn't get promoted, but all of these players played huge parts in that season.

Whilst it's not always been rosey, I can't fault any of these guys efforts and if they see this I wish you all the best going forward.

A special thanks to Chambo for his leadership and the famous Noel Hunt interview.... One f**king Chambers!

All three would probably wish to leave in better circumstances.

But I am happy to have seen all three in the shirt.

Will miss the fist pump, the anticipation of another Skuse goal and seeing Sears getting emotional after scoring.
Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 14:51 - May 10 with 7297 viewsSparky85

Great idea. They do not get the credit they deserve sometimes. Outstanding loyalty and model pro's. Have met 2 out of the 3 and come across as bloody good blokes too!

Thanks gents for your outstanding service to the club. You will be missed and I actually really hope you all end up together at Col U. One more season at least doing what you do best!

Hope this happens and we get a friendly arranged for pre-season at Portman Road! Give you the send off you guys richly deserved

All the best!
Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears (tbc) on 14:52 - May 10 with 6771 viewsSindre94

Chambo: you have examplified what a football player should be. Commitment, dedication and a true love for the club you represent. Every single (proper) Town supporter have been proud to watch you represent our team, club and town in a fantastic way. I know the term "legend" doesn't go down well for some, but there is no doubt that you are one in my mind. We never got promoted under Royle either, and players of that team are remembered fondly. I would absolutely love to see you back as manager one day, as I am positive that we haven't seen the last fist pump. I was lucky enough to go to a few of the most memorable games, as I obviously don't go that many because I live in Norway: Charlton away and the start of "one f Chambers", Watford away the same season, and several others in which you were a stand-out performer. Pablo Counago was my favourite player when I grew up and I feel uncomfortable calling another adult for "favourite", but you are the closest, all down to the commitment, effort and love that you've shown for Town. These attributes makes it possible for the fans to associate with you, something we've lacked for the last 15 years.
All the best.

Sindre
Poll: Will we get promoted this year?
Blog: My Personal and Very Honest Review of the 2013/14 Season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024