Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Official Thank You Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears 11:18 - May 10 with 16498 viewsSwailsey

Phil has kindly said that he will pass this on.

A thread to thank Luke, Cole and Freddie for their services to town over the last few years.

All 3 were key parts of our play-off season, have given the best part of their careers to Ipswich and certainly could never be accused of giving less than 100%.

It would be nice if we could keep the comments positive please - the old saying of if you have nothing nice to say... would be appropriate here - it is the very least they deserve.

--------------------------------------------

My message:

Thanks to all 3 of you for your efforts at ITFC. You were a massive part of my favorite season in almost 20 years and have all given me some insanely good memories.

At a time where I felt disillusioned with the club after the journeyman years, your passion, commitment and honesty made me actually enjoy going to PR again.

You helped create great memories which were shared with friends (some of who are no longer with us), my Dad and strangers alike.

Some highlights:

Chambers:

1) Last minute winner vs QPR
2) The Noel Hunt interview
3) Making me feel proud of my team again and carrying the club so well
4) Being a bl**dy good CB (as well as playing well at RB), which is often forgotten
5) Being an excellent Assistant Manager on Football Manager

Skuse:

1) THAT goal against Cardiff
2) THAT GOAL AGAINST CARDIFF
3) All of the last-ditch-tracking-back-tackles when other players were out of position
4) A standout debut performance, where you looked effortlessly classy on the ball
5) Being an excellent Scout on Football Manager

Sears:

1) The perseverance for creating the play-off goal
2) The perseverance for creating the Chaplow goal
3) The day you tore Fulham apart

Thank you all. I hope to see you back in the club in some capacity in the future.

Finally, best wishes to all the other players and staff who have left/will leave the club this summer.
[Post edited 15 May 2021 22:56]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 14:53 - May 10 with 2179 viewsfooters

Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 14:51 - May 10 by eireblue

All three would probably wish to leave in better circumstances.

But I am happy to have seen all three in the shirt.

Will miss the fist pump, the anticipation of another Skuse goal and seeing Sears getting emotional after scoring.

Didn't someone make up a shirt in honour of Skusey's goal?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears (tbc) on 14:55 - May 10 with 2170 viewsStirlingArcher

I'll die on the following hill, despite the haters

1 Luke Chambers has been a club legend
2 Most hate for Cole Skuse has been from people who don't understand defensive midfielders
3 Freddie Sears would have scored a truck tonne more goals had he been played in his favourite roll before injuries and confidence

another thing for certain is you all gave your all for the club and I can never thank you enough
Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears (tbc) on 14:56 - May 10 with 2166 viewsCoco

Cheers lads - top pro's.

Special mention to Luke Chambers - Top top man and a fantastic leader on and off the pitch. You're a credit to yourself and the club. Will follow your future with interest and genuinely hope you do well in whatever you decide to do. Cheers skip.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears (tbc) on 14:57 - May 10 with 2165 viewsdirtyboy

Loved a winning fist pump, no matter how cheeseball it was lol!

Wish they had more success with us, let's not let the last couple of seasons dampen what were some pretty decent times, especially under Mick (hindsight huh?)

Good luck with whatever you pursue and thank you to all three.
Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears (tbc) on 15:03 - May 10 with 2146 viewsBasingstokeBlue

Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears (tbc) on 14:55 - May 10 by StirlingArcher

I'll die on the following hill, despite the haters

1 Luke Chambers has been a club legend
2 Most hate for Cole Skuse has been from people who don't understand defensive midfielders
3 Freddie Sears would have scored a truck tonne more goals had he been played in his favourite roll before injuries and confidence

another thing for certain is you all gave your all for the club and I can never thank you enough

From début to end, at ITFC, each of these men have given their all to us and to the club.

Quality goals and peripheral play from Sears, solid interceptions and distribution from Skuse and, of course, good defence and exemplary captaincy from Chambers. The fist-pump will be sorely missed.

Wishing them the best, wherever their careers take them next.
Thanks lads.

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears (tbc) on 15:09 - May 10 with 2133 viewsHalifaxBlue

I was born in Canada, the son of an avid Town supporter. This means that, up until the advent of iFollow four years ago, I was only able to follow the Town through the radio (which I did, every Saturday morning).

What this means is that for me, Cole and Chambo personify this club more than anyone else as long as I have been able to tune in. The way that many of the locals on this forum talk about Mills, Butcher, and Warky being the beating heart of the club in the 70s and 80s, that is the way I think of these two men.

Certainly, we didn't approach those same heights in the past decade, but this should not cast shade on the fact that these two clearly lived and breathed this club. I will gladly admit that I shed a couple of tears at Skusey and Chambo's embrace in the centre circle post-Fleetwood.

It will be very very odd watching a team line up to start the season without these two involved. It is something I, and many other overseas fans, have never seen before. And while Chambo may have been robbed of one last fist pump in front of the North Stand, I hope with all my heart he and Skusey may be back some day, in some capacity, to get the sendoff they so heartily deserve.

Cheers lads.

Poll: Hurst or Ross, discounting any other candidates?

Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears (tbc) on 15:26 - May 10 with 2096 viewsSouperJim

Amongst the absolute steaming pile of poo that has been the past two seasons, the biggest brown one of all is the fact that our 3 most dedicated players of the last 20 years now depart Portman Road without the send off they so richly deserve.

If they gave out titles for commitment and will to win, you three would have filled the trophy cabinet.

I'd like to finish this post by apologising on behalf of those fans who have given you stick down the years, particularly recently. I think we all know those "fans" don't know their backside from their elbow, but you deserved better from us. If you do end up at Colchester, I pray to the gods of football that we have a preseason game where those of us with brain cells get to show you our appreciation. None could deserve it more, you will be greatly missed.
[Post edited 10 May 2021 15:28]

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears (tbc) on 15:33 - May 10 with 2085 viewsMerseyBlue

Thanks to all three for many years of professionalism and commitment to our club. Whilst there haven't been as many happy memories as all parties would have liked, they've been great ambassadors for Ipswich Town on and off the pitch.

Chambo always gave every last bit of himself to the cause, and one of my fondest memories will always be the last minute winner against QPR that Swailsey mentioned. The carnival atmosphere around Portman Road in the aftermath of that game was something special.

Skusey was always such a calm presence in midfield and delivered some fantastic gamesaving tackles over the years. That goal against Cardiff lives long in the memory, a genuine bolt from the blue from someone who genuinely seems like a great guy.

Freddie was exactly what I look for in a player, an unbelievable work-rate and exceptional attacking understanding. Such was his terrier-like endeavours on the pitch that he often ended up being used out wide for the sake of the team, but he really flourished when played up top.

Wishing them all well with whatever comes next and hoping we see them at Portman Road in some capacity one day not too far from now. You will all be missed.

COYB

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Login to get fewer ads

Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears (tbc) on 15:46 - May 10 with 2059 viewstractordownsouth

Thanks for all your efforts particularly during the play off season - it is a refreshing change to have had 3 long serving players after years of turmoil and player turnover beforehand. It's a shame that you weren't part of the success that your dedication deserved but I think I speak on behalf of all fans when I say you'd be welcomed back in another capacity if that is what the future holds.

Good luck with the rest of your careers.

TDS

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears (tbc) on 15:52 - May 10 with 2050 viewsGuthrum

Best wishes to Luke Chambers and Cole Skuse going forwards.

Always thought the former was better at RB than he was given credit for, despite that not being his natural position.

Was quite impressed with Skuse when he came down to Bristol to speak to the South West Supporters Group.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears (tbc) on 15:57 - May 10 with 2036 viewsCharlie_pl_baxter

Thanks both of you for your service to the club. Such a shame a small but vocal group of fans seemed to always have it in for the both of you. Chambo you were on my sons first ever ITFC shirt as he started playing five a side as a centre back! Skusey thanks for being our midfield rock and bringing much needed composure to the side. Sears another one featuring on my boys shirt when he started playing on the wing and cutting in, thanks also for sponsoring his NHS fundraiser!

Poll: We recruit two strikers, one has to be Bonne or Wickham, who would you have?

Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears (tbc) on 16:15 - May 10 with 2006 viewsCheshire_Tractor

Reading these posts I'd pretty much agree with all the sentiments expressed.

In what has been our drabbest, dullest, most disappointing period, you could never doubt the commitment and effort put in by these 3 players. All I can add is my thanks and appreciation.

Maybe an extra little thanks to Chambo for the final couple of fist pumps he'd always do for us in the Churchmans after he'd finished with the North.
Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears (tbc) on 17:15 - May 10 with 1909 viewsBluearmy71

Thank you both for all you did on and off the field for Ipswich Town F.C, goodbyes are always sad and I am hating writing this and tbh i'm finding it emotional to do so!!

Cole you were an unsung hero, too many of our fans didn't understand what you brought to the team, the key position you played but look back knowing that many of us did and appreciated you! Thank you and good luck.

One fu*king Chambers

Luke what can I say, you were the best Captain we had at the club for a long time, a true leader of men and an inspiration to fan and younger players alike, I personally hope you become our manager one day if that's to be your chosen path........fu*k did I say I hate goodbyes!!......to me you will always be an adopted son of Ipswich you may not have been born in Suffolk but you proved time and time again you bleed blue, a hero, a legend and a man and Captain to be proud of! Thank you for every minute you gave to the club and best of luck!!
Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears (tbc) on 17:40 - May 10 with 1865 viewsSwailsey

Some lovely comments on here!

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 17:50 - May 10 with 1848 viewsBlue_Order

He’s already seen this, and it’s a shame we didn’t get to display it properly, but...

Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 17:51 - May 10 with 1846 viewsHerbivore

Cheers lads.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 18:16 - May 10 with 1806 viewsJ2BLUE

Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 17:51 - May 10 by Herbivore

Cheers lads.

This is actually incredibly sentimental for Herbivore ^

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Confirmed - Official Thank You Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 18:17 - May 10 with 1803 viewsDebsyAngel

Thanks to you all - you have all been great servants to Ipswich Town and I will miss you not being here. Model professionals until the end.

Best of luck in your futures, and we will not forget you.
Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 18:17 - May 10 with 1803 viewsSwailsey

Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 18:16 - May 10 by J2BLUE

This is actually incredibly sentimental for Herbivore ^

Yes, Luke, Cole and Freddie - this probably carries more worth than any of the others.

Confirmed - Official Thank You Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 18:20 - May 10 with 1795 viewsPJH

Thank you Freddie and good luck.

Most of the better memories of Freddie are from his first few months here in 2015 from putting Johnny Parr in for the clincher at Millwall on his first appearance to putting Chaplow through for THAT goal at Watford.

His goal at Fulham which was too early for Hoppy is another highlight.

Always gave of his best and another reminder of when we were a pleasure to follow.
Confirmed - Official Thank You Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 18:25 - May 10 with 1786 viewsRandall

3 quality players in fairness. It is a shame really - by rights they should be bowing out in front of a crowd with us back in the Championship, and it is not their fault that they aren't.

The damage that Hurst and Lambert did to this club
Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 18:28 - May 10 with 1779 viewsjeera

Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 17:50 - May 10 by Blue_Order

He’s already seen this, and it’s a shame we didn’t get to display it properly, but...

I'd be tempted to find out if he'd want it?

Edit: as a bit of memorabilia for himself.
[Post edited 10 May 2021 19:10]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears (tbc) on 18:36 - May 10 with 1766 viewsBluearmy71

Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears (tbc) on 17:15 - May 10 by Bluearmy71

Thank you both for all you did on and off the field for Ipswich Town F.C, goodbyes are always sad and I am hating writing this and tbh i'm finding it emotional to do so!!

Cole you were an unsung hero, too many of our fans didn't understand what you brought to the team, the key position you played but look back knowing that many of us did and appreciated you! Thank you and good luck.

One fu*king Chambers

Luke what can I say, you were the best Captain we had at the club for a long time, a true leader of men and an inspiration to fan and younger players alike, I personally hope you become our manager one day if that's to be your chosen path........fu*k did I say I hate goodbyes!!......to me you will always be an adopted son of Ipswich you may not have been born in Suffolk but you proved time and time again you bleed blue, a hero, a legend and a man and Captain to be proud of! Thank you for every minute you gave to the club and best of luck!!

Freddie thank you, your commitment and dedication even though constantly played out of position was fully appreciated, like many I feel you would have had many more goals to your name for Ipswich but being the team player you are it wasn't to be, I'll miss singing your name, thank you and best of luck, some team is gonna get a good few years of service from you that's for sure!!
Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 18:44 - May 10 with 1747 viewsBluebell

Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 14:43 - May 10 by PJH

Now that it is official, at least in the cases of the first two, a huge thank you from me to Luke and Cole for everything that you have done for the club both on and off the pitch.

Thank you for being a part of the time when you could be proud to be a follower of ITFC and thank you for the memories.

It was good to be part of the times when, for an all too brief period, the team and the supporters were as one.

The club and area obviously meant the world to both of you.

I hope for luck and success in your future careers.

Couldn’t have said it better myself!

So sorry that positions could not be found for them in the new set up.

Good luck to them in whatever they do.
Confirmed - Official Thank You Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 18:52 - May 10 with 1760 viewsrunaround

Thanks all 3 of you for your hard work for ITFC over the years. I wish you all the best for the rest of your careers. Watching ITFC win without a celebratory Chambo Fist Pump will not quite be the same
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024