Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Official Thank You Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears 11:18 - May 10 with 16513 viewsSwailsey

Phil has kindly said that he will pass this on.

A thread to thank Luke, Cole and Freddie for their services to town over the last few years.

All 3 were key parts of our play-off season, have given the best part of their careers to Ipswich and certainly could never be accused of giving less than 100%.

It would be nice if we could keep the comments positive please - the old saying of if you have nothing nice to say... would be appropriate here - it is the very least they deserve.

--------------------------------------------

My message:

Thanks to all 3 of you for your efforts at ITFC. You were a massive part of my favorite season in almost 20 years and have all given me some insanely good memories.

At a time where I felt disillusioned with the club after the journeyman years, your passion, commitment and honesty made me actually enjoy going to PR again.

You helped create great memories which were shared with friends (some of who are no longer with us), my Dad and strangers alike.

Some highlights:

Chambers:

1) Last minute winner vs QPR
2) The Noel Hunt interview
3) Making me feel proud of my team again and carrying the club so well
4) Being a bl**dy good CB (as well as playing well at RB), which is often forgotten
5) Being an excellent Assistant Manager on Football Manager

Skuse:

1) THAT goal against Cardiff
2) THAT GOAL AGAINST CARDIFF
3) All of the last-ditch-tracking-back-tackles when other players were out of position
4) A standout debut performance, where you looked effortlessly classy on the ball
5) Being an excellent Scout on Football Manager

Sears:

1) The perseverance for creating the play-off goal
2) The perseverance for creating the Chaplow goal
3) The day you tore Fulham apart

Thank you all. I hope to see you back in the club in some capacity in the future.

Finally, best wishes to all the other players and staff who have left/will leave the club this summer.
[Post edited 15 May 2021 22:56]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Confirmed - Official Thank You Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 19:25 - May 10 with 2032 viewsSkuse4ballondor

As a relatively young Town fan these players are my Ipswich heroes.

Couldn’t have asked for a better captain than Chambo, he went above and beyond, both on and off the pitch. At being a captain and a role model I truly believe we had the best. I’ve always felt great pride knowing we had Chambers representing us, a man who put real meaning into the armband. A Chambers fist pump epitomises what Ipswich means to me.

Skuse is undoubtedly my favourite Town player. I walked out onto the pitch with him when I was a mascot back in 2015, and it was honestly one of the best experiences of my life, which I’d like to thank him for. A really nice guy and an excellent footballer. Ipswich won’t be the same without him and Chambo.

Sears always gave 100% for the shirt and I’ll never forget his key role in the second half of the 14/15 season (by far the most enjoyable season I’ve witnessed). His goal against Forest which ultimately saw us get into the playoffs remains one of my all time favourite Town moments.

All three players are a credit to the club and we’ve been lucky to have them. They‘ve represented everything good about Ipswich during this difficult era. It’s such a shame that it should end with no fans and no promotion but this absolutely does not undermine what these three have done for this club. I hope they realise that they mean a lot to a lot of town fans.

Thank you and good luck!
Confirmed - Official Thank You Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 19:33 - May 10 with 2023 viewsskankerman

Thank you kindly for your dedication to our club especially throughout a difficult period in our history.
I wish you all well for the future and look forward to seeing you again at Portman road some time in the future.
Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears (tbc) on 19:47 - May 10 with 2009 viewscardinaldom88

Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears (tbc) on 14:45 - May 10 by Edmundo

Definitely end of an era.
Chambers:
Skuse:
Sears:
Thanks for the memories, boys
[Post edited 10 May 2021 20:27]

Thank you to all three of you, great servants to ITFC. It saddens me that you’re leaving and more so under the circumstances. Genuinely believe that you all could offer much to the club going forward both in ability and leadership in the changing rooms.

I think for Freddie and Luke to have played out of position so much for the good of the team, with little complaint, shows their dedication to this club. Good luck to you all for the future.
Confirmed - Official Thank You Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 19:50 - May 10 with 2008 viewslondontractorboy57

Thanks to the three of you epitomise the spirit and ethos of ITFC unfortunately you became victims of the key board warriors of TWTD news site .
Good luck to you and what the future holds.
Confirmed - Official Thank You Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 19:51 - May 10 with 2007 viewsDarth_Koont

What Swailsey said (great summary, mate)

Thanks to all three of you. And here’s to success in the future – that we can all celebrate together.

Pronouns: He/Him

Confirmed - Official Thank You Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 19:53 - May 10 with 2003 viewsnorth_stand77

Best wishes to you all and many thanks for all the memories, especially in the Play Off year.

To Luke. In my opinion you have been a great example and mentor to the younger lads and the best captain since Mick Mills.

Good luck Lads
Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears (tbc) on 20:08 - May 10 with 1977 viewsGuthrum

Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears (tbc) on 15:52 - May 10 by Guthrum

Best wishes to Luke Chambers and Cole Skuse going forwards.

Always thought the former was better at RB than he was given credit for, despite that not being his natural position.

Was quite impressed with Skuse when he came down to Bristol to speak to the South West Supporters Group.

To add for Freddie Sears - remember his part in the demolition of Reading at the end of the 2017-18 season, superb charge-down goal.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Confirmed - Official Thank You Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 20:10 - May 10 with 1976 viewsArnieM

“ One f lucking Chambers ...there’s only one Flucking Chambers “!!

“Skuse, there he is ...”

Thanks guys, you’ve done so much for this Club and you will be remembered. Good luck at your new Club....And something tells me you may end up back at Town as a Manager partnership some day.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Login to get fewer ads

Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 20:18 - May 10 with 1966 viewscressi

Official Thanks Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 11:34 - May 10 by Darkblue

I'll try to keep it short

All three of you are an absolute credit to the club, your families and yourselves. Whenever watching you play I've never had any doubt that all three of you are giving 100% for the shirt and you've all always played with the utmost professionalism. As a "younger" town fan who wasn't around to see the Robson era and hardly remembers the Burley era - you are all legends for someone like me and deserve that status. I'm sorry your service to the club didn't see the trophies and accolades it truly deserved but I hope knowing that you 3 serve as icons for a generation of younger town fans like myself is enough. I hope one day to see you all back at the club in some capacity - I'm sure you'll be welcomed back with open arms!

A big thanks to all three players
Great pros But the time is right for Town to start a rebuild, Good luck in the future
Confirmed - Official Thank You Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 20:43 - May 10 with 1932 viewsGeorge03

All three of you were part of the best Ipswich side i've seen and created some of my best ITFC memories.
Chambo, that goal against Norwich and the fist pumps at Chalton and Watford away.
Skusey, that goal against Cardiff.
And sears, the screamer against villa and clinical pass leading to Chaplow goal vs Watford.
Thanks lads for your service and good luck for the rest of your footballing career.
Confirmed - Official Thank You Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 20:52 - May 10 with 1925 viewsBlue_In_Kent

The 3 of you should be extremely proud of your time at Town. I always enjoyed watching Skuse, being a defensive midfielder when I played it was a joy to see how the game should be controlled and played from that position. And Sears was one of those players who lifts a crowd when he was on the ball, the anticipation levels rising as he pulled out a clever flick or set about running at the opposition. Good players and great servants.

As for Chambers, you've been a captain, supporter and player who any club would be proud of. My son is 15 now and when he started playing 8 years ago he would pretend to be you when all his friends were Messi or Ronaldo, and he is still a massive fan now (and captain of his team playing centre back).

If the 3 of you are ever worried about how you will be remembered or thought about, I guarantee you that there are boys and girls in Ipswich and beyond who will always remember you as their first football hero. Nothing will ever take that away from them or you and I for one am proud that my son's is Luke Chambers.

All the best guys
Confirmed - Official Thank You Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 20:55 - May 10 with 1920 viewsSwailsey

Confirmed - Official Thank You Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 20:52 - May 10 by Blue_In_Kent

The 3 of you should be extremely proud of your time at Town. I always enjoyed watching Skuse, being a defensive midfielder when I played it was a joy to see how the game should be controlled and played from that position. And Sears was one of those players who lifts a crowd when he was on the ball, the anticipation levels rising as he pulled out a clever flick or set about running at the opposition. Good players and great servants.

As for Chambers, you've been a captain, supporter and player who any club would be proud of. My son is 15 now and when he started playing 8 years ago he would pretend to be you when all his friends were Messi or Ronaldo, and he is still a massive fan now (and captain of his team playing centre back).

If the 3 of you are ever worried about how you will be remembered or thought about, I guarantee you that there are boys and girls in Ipswich and beyond who will always remember you as their first football hero. Nothing will ever take that away from them or you and I for one am proud that my son's is Luke Chambers.

All the best guys

Lovely post friend!

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Confirmed - Official Thank You Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 21:03 - May 10 with 1910 viewscoolcat

I have been an Ipswich fan since 2013 & have always known these 3 to be in and around the club. It does feel like the end of an era. They were all great pros on the pitch and did a lot of work in the community & had a great relationship with the fans.

My favourite game remains the away to Watford 21/03/15, which I went to. Not just for getting into the playoffs. For me it was the best I've seen Town play. The defence were excellent- in particular an outstanding block by Chambers. Was always a big fan of Chambers who was underrated as a defender & didn't deserve the criticism from some. Always remember how he used to play through horrendous injuries. Also remember Sears part in creating that Chaplow goal. What a day out that was!

Skuse was very underrated. You'd miss him if he wasn't playing. Those clever interceptions and read the game well. I remembered his goal against Cardiff - I did wonder where he was running to!

It's a shame they couldn't have said goodbye to the fans properly in the stadium. All 3 have given so much to the club in their time here and am sure many would like to show their appreciation of that. Wishing them all the best in their future careers.

[Post edited 10 May 2021 21:05]
Confirmed - Official Thank You Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 21:24 - May 10 with 1864 viewsElto

Alright Swailsey?

I'd like to say thanks to these 3 gentlemen for all their effort and commitment over the last 9 years or so. When Chambo joined the club my son was a little boy, we've travelled all over following ITFC since then, building memories along the way. All of you played a massive part in that and it won't be forgotten. The boy is a young man now, he's going to miss you too. x
[Post edited 10 May 2021 21:28]
Confirmed - Official Thank You Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 21:35 - May 10 with 1843 viewsWickhamsLeftBoot

Luke, with how it is during modern day football, I never imagined I'd ever see an Ipswich Town player clock up almost 400 appearances for my club. This is a true testament to you as a professional and the loyalty you gave to Ipswich Town.

Cole, I feel you always did the small jobs here and there, and I definitely noticed when you weren't playing, all those last ditch tackles and especially that goal against Cardiff.

Freddie, despite being played out of position, you'd still give it your all and your perseverance for creating some memorable goals will live long in our memories.

I wish you three all the best for the future. Once a blue, always a blue.
Confirmed - Official Thank You Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 21:37 - May 10 with 1838 viewsblrmy

Freddie Sears, the very best of everything to you.

But a special mention to Mr Skuse and Mr Chambers. Two of my boys were mascots (different games), and each of them was looked after by them for their games. They couldn't be faulted, made the days incredibly special. A massive thank you to both of you and the very best of wishes for the future for both of you. Thank you.
Confirmed - Official Thank You Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 22:00 - May 10 with 1786 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Thank you.
The 3 of you have been a credit to our wonderful football club.
The very best wishes to you all where ever or whatever your futures may be.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Confirmed - Official Thank You Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 22:05 - May 10 with 1779 viewsmichaeldownunder

Luke, Cole and Freddie

Thank you for all your total commitment to our club
All the games you guys have played trying to make Ipswich a team for the fans to be proud of supporting.

My one down point would be, Cole you need to buy some " just for men' the just painted the ceiling look is not great !!!

All the best from
Michael
Brisbane, Australia
Confirmed - Official Thank You Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 22:12 - May 10 with 1772 viewsPlums

Thanks lads, you all all wore the shirt in the way a fan would hope he would if given the chance. And that’s all any of us can ask.
Thanks for the memories.
[Post edited 10 May 2021 22:13]

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Confirmed - Official Thank You Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 22:14 - May 10 with 1769 viewsJDAndCoke

Who's cutting onions?

Credit to our club and a credit to themselves. Such a shame they didn't get to bow out in front of a full Portman Road - the least they deserve.

Freddie's goal at Villa away and tireless running every game. Banter with Skusey in Dusseldorf and his countless last ditch tackles (CDM role isn't underappreciated by everyone). Chambo's all-round passion for the badge and ability to still get up and down the wing even this year.

If we're lucky enough to get 3 players in who give us the service and effort over the next decade that we've had from these boys then we'll be on the right path. There's a seat next to me in the North Stand for any of you at any time - might even buy you a Bovril! Once a blue, always a blue... Uppa Towen
Confirmed - Official Thank You Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 22:15 - May 10 with 1766 viewsSimonds92

Luke Chambers - clearly a fantastic captain, team mate and person. An absolute credit to our club throughout his time here and I will always remember the passion and pride he showed whilst wearing the shirt. Gutted that you could not be a part of what we hope is a successful season, if anyone deserves to have some success next season it's Luke Chambers.
Confirmed - Official Thank You Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 22:52 - May 10 with 1724 viewswarfarinman69

Not much to say that hasn't already been said. But Luke, you served the club well and I've lost count of the number of blocks you made for the team Played out of position without complaint and scored memorable goals at the far post.
Great memories of Skusey running 50 yards to slide into a tackle to cover for a left back gone AWOL. And contrary to some comments a great passer of the ball. MM was right you were prem league class.
Some special goals from Freddie, again played out of position for so long. Will do really well somewhere else played in the right role.
I cannot understand the logic in releasing Chambo. But thanks for everything, Luke. You deserve better.
Confirmed - Official Thank You Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 23:37 - May 10 with 1687 viewspointofblue

Not sure where to put this, and it may have already been said, but almost a case of full circle going on - Chambers’ first game for Town came in a 3-1 victory over Bristol Rovers in the League Cup. His final season kicked off with a win against Bristol Rovers on the League Cup. Thinking about it his first and last games both finished 3-1.

Skuse’s debut wasn’t quite as memorable for the right reasons - he scored an own goal in a defeat at Reading! Sears fared better, laying on an assist for Jonny Parr to score in a win at Millwall.

A special thanks to all three, who always came across as model professionals and gave everything to the club.
[Post edited 10 May 2021 23:43]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Confirmed - Official Thank You Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 23:38 - May 10 with 1688 viewsJDB23

Cheers for all your efforts boys, you always gave everything for this club. Good luck moving forward and I'm sure we'll see you back here at some point in the future.
Confirmed - Official Thank You Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 01:21 - May 11 with 1641 viewsBonchosBicycle

Nothing but the best of wishes to all of you. Thank you for how much you've all invested in the club. I just wish you all could have gone out in front of 20,000 fans. You earned it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024