Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Official Thank You Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears 11:18 - May 10 with 16479 viewsSwailsey

Phil has kindly said that he will pass this on.

A thread to thank Luke, Cole and Freddie for their services to town over the last few years.

All 3 were key parts of our play-off season, have given the best part of their careers to Ipswich and certainly could never be accused of giving less than 100%.

It would be nice if we could keep the comments positive please - the old saying of if you have nothing nice to say... would be appropriate here - it is the very least they deserve.

--------------------------------------------

My message:

Thanks to all 3 of you for your efforts at ITFC. You were a massive part of my favorite season in almost 20 years and have all given me some insanely good memories.

At a time where I felt disillusioned with the club after the journeyman years, your passion, commitment and honesty made me actually enjoy going to PR again.

You helped create great memories which were shared with friends (some of who are no longer with us), my Dad and strangers alike.

Some highlights:

Chambers:

1) Last minute winner vs QPR
2) The Noel Hunt interview
3) Making me feel proud of my team again and carrying the club so well
4) Being a bl**dy good CB (as well as playing well at RB), which is often forgotten
5) Being an excellent Assistant Manager on Football Manager

Skuse:

1) THAT goal against Cardiff
2) THAT GOAL AGAINST CARDIFF
3) All of the last-ditch-tracking-back-tackles when other players were out of position
4) A standout debut performance, where you looked effortlessly classy on the ball
5) Being an excellent Scout on Football Manager

Sears:

1) The perseverance for creating the play-off goal
2) The perseverance for creating the Chaplow goal
3) The day you tore Fulham apart

Thank you all. I hope to see you back in the club in some capacity in the future.

Finally, best wishes to all the other players and staff who have left/will leave the club this summer.
[Post edited 15 May 2021 22:56]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Official Thank You Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 22:09 - May 17 with 822 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Thank you all for your efforts over the years.

There were ups and downs but that’s football!

You will always be remembered in itfc history!

Thanks once again 💙
Confirmed - Official Thank You Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 22:45 - May 19 with 644 viewscoolcat

Confirmed - Official Thank You Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 11:35 - May 11 by sotd78

Three great professional footballers - think of all the pain and injuries and playing with cracked heads, cracked ribs and so many unseen knocks and bruises. Three good footballers who I think could/should have had another year at the club to perhaps see some better times. Perhaps if we had played Sears in his proper position; Chambers as a CB rather than years at RB. Who knows?
Anyway, all the best guys.

I already wrote my little tribute earlier on in the thread. Probably a bit late but totally agree with this too!
[Post edited 19 May 2021 22:46]
Official Thank You Thread: Chambers | Skuse | Sears on 10:03 - May 24 with 367 viewsTractorFrog

Apparently Skuse may have signed a contract with Colchester United
https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/sources-departing-ipswich-town-favourite-secur
I hope all three go there.

They'd all laugh at me if they knew what I was trying to do. To create a new strain of super-wine in half-an-hour with a fraction of nature's resources and a FOOL for an assistant. 'Bernard Black, he's mad,' they'd say, 'he's insane, he's dangerous.' Well I'll show them! I'll show them all!
Poll: What hurt more?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024