Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I get that we paid a fee for Jackson and Donacien 16:43 - May 10 with 822 viewsgroovyASH

But if we have only activated their additional years to try and get a fee, it is flawed thinking. There will be dozens of free agent options at right back of at least equal quality to Donacien for clubs who might want someone like him to sign.

Equally, who the hell is going to part money for Jackson after the appalling season he has just had? Rubbish goal return but worse than that, he was ineffective for most of the season and offered no striker qualities bar a bit of aimless pace.

Don't get it, when we can afford the quick clean breaks we need for players of this ilk

Poll: Will you renew your season ticket when Evans does the annual end of season beg?

I get that we paid a fee for Jackson and Donacien on 16:48 - May 10 with 768 viewschrismakin

Fleetwood were already interested. What's to say there hasnt been a free agreed

Or. We want a fleetwood player.. donacien could be part of a swap deal

Or PC is in the market for a capable RB. Donacien could be that cover.

With donacien and jackson it's a no lose.
We dont keep them we sent them out on loan.
We keep them. We havent paid any extra to do so

Smart business.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

I get that we paid a fee for Jackson and Donacien on 16:49 - May 10 with 760 viewsMrTown

Donacien plus cash for Wes Burns.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

I get that we paid a fee for Jackson and Donacien on 16:52 - May 10 with 722 viewsgroovyASH

I get that we paid a fee for Jackson and Donacien on 16:48 - May 10 by chrismakin

Smart business.

Don't think we can just rely on a capable back up at RB, expecting KVY to play 30+ games is a big risk. We need somebody who can legitimately challenge KVY.

I honestly don't see what value or interest Jackson would have to other clubs. He must be on a decent wage and his returns just on the pitch just aren't there. Damaged goods.

Poll: Will you renew your season ticket when Evans does the annual end of season beg?

I get that we paid a fee for Jackson and Donacien on 16:53 - May 10 with 717 viewsWestover

I get that we paid a fee for Jackson and Donacien on 16:49 - May 10 by MrTown

Donacien plus cash for Wes Burns.

Wes Burns is out of contract at the end of June.
I get that we paid a fee for Jackson and Donacien on 16:55 - May 10 with 685 viewschrismakin

I get that we paid a fee for Jackson and Donacien on 16:52 - May 10 by groovyASH

Don't think we can just rely on a capable back up at RB, expecting KVY to play 30+ games is a big risk. We need somebody who can legitimately challenge KVY.

I honestly don't see what value or interest Jackson would have to other clubs. He must be on a decent wage and his returns just on the pitch just aren't there. Damaged goods.

Only damaged in covid year.

Theres enough there to sell

If we did get Connolly. And the fact he can cover RB too. You would have 3 potential fullbacks.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

I get that we paid a fee for Jackson and Donacien on 16:59 - May 10 with 640 viewsgroovyASH

I get that we paid a fee for Jackson and Donacien on 16:55 - May 10 by chrismakin

Only damaged in covid year.

Theres enough there to sell

If we did get Connolly. And the fact he can cover RB too. You would have 3 potential fullbacks.

Come on, Jackson had enough games to show he could do it this season and failed miserably.

He definitely doesn't fit with what Cook has said he wants of his squad here. I can only presume he hopes a fee or loan can be arranged, I just don't see us getting a fee.

Best we can how for is a loan

I get that we paid a fee for Jackson and Donacien on 17:00 - May 10 with 633 viewschrismakin

I get that we paid a fee for Jackson and Donacien on 16:59 - May 10 by groovyASH

Come on, Jackson had enough games to show he could do it this season and failed miserably.

He definitely doesn't fit with what Cook has said he wants of his squad here. I can only presume he hopes a fee or loan can be arranged, I just don't see us getting a fee.

I dont think anyone believes he can do it for town.

He doesnt suit us

But he will suit someone.

I get that we paid a fee for Jackson and Donacien on 17:03 - May 10 with 613 viewsHARRY10

I get that we paid a fee for Jackson and Donacien on 16:48 - May 10 by chrismakin

Smart business.

eh ?

The wages could be better spent on other players

We send them out on loan, which would almost certainly mean we are paying part of their wages, for them to be playing for another club !

I can only think that what funding we have this summer is not going to be used to try and replace around a dozen plus players - concentrate on quality instead
Login to get fewer ads

I get that we paid a fee for Jackson and Donacien on 17:03 - May 10 with 613 viewshype313

I get that we paid a fee for Jackson and Donacien on 16:59 - May 10 by groovyASH

Everyone's failed miserably but that doesn't mean that they are not worth anything or couldn't go elsewhere and be a success under different systems/formations.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

I get that we paid a fee for Jackson and Donacien on 17:04 - May 10 with 602 viewsDarth_Koont

I don’t really have a problem with it. I don’t think Donacien has been any worse than Chambers at right back and if we want some cover for KVY/utility back then why not? He has some value to us just like he’ll have some value to another club if we’ve just kept him on to selll him.

Same also true for Jackson but the stakes are higher – both potential value and the cost of having him here/trying to use him. But probably the single player who has been most lost in the turmoil of our shapeless team over the past 3 years. If Cook thinks he can use or sell him then that’s fine by me.

Pronouns: He/Him

I get that we paid a fee for Jackson and Donacien on 17:11 - May 10 with 545 viewsWestover

I get that we paid a fee for Jackson and Donacien on 16:53 - May 10 by Westover

Wes Burns is out of contract at the end of June.

Just seen they have a one year option unfortunately.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024