Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Drinan staying........ 18:21 - May 10 with 2269 viewsBloots

....the banter era continues.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Drinan staying........ on 18:21 - May 10 with 1567 viewsKieran_Knows

And Nsiala.

Shuddering.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Drinan staying........ on 18:22 - May 10 with 1534 viewsSwailsey

Drinan staying........ on 18:21 - May 10 by Kieran_Knows

And Nsiala.

Shuddering.

Nsiala I'm very happy with, more than adequate back-up. Hasn't been too bad this year.

Is Drinan confirmed? Again, surprising if not, but in PC I trust.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Drinan staying........ on 18:22 - May 10 with 1509 viewsPJH

And Nsiala.

Shuddering.

Edwards!
Drinan staying........ on 18:22 - May 10 with 1491 viewsSpruceMoose

Drinan staying........ on 18:22 - May 10 by Swailsey

Nsiala I'm very happy with, more than adequate back-up. Hasn't been too bad this year.

Mangers named Paul from Merseyside... we've been burned before. Just sayin'!
[Post edited 10 May 2021 18:23]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Drinan staying........ on 18:23 - May 10 with 1471 viewsJ2BLUE

...what?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Drinan staying........ on 18:23 - May 10 with 1447 viewswkj

Drinan can be handy if he's being brought on to close out games I suppose. He is also only 23, which means that Cook could fancy his chances working Drinan into a player over the summer.

I am not shocked that he is staying at all, just not that excited about it either.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Drinan staying........ on 18:24 - May 10 with 1399 viewschrismakin

Drinan staying........ on 18:23 - May 10 by wkj

Drinan can be handy if he's being brought on to close out games I suppose. He is also only 23, which means that Cook could fancy his chances working Drinan into a player over the summer.

I am not shocked that he is staying at all, just not that excited about it either.

Sorry but if Drinan is our new era. We may as well bring Evans back

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Drinan staying........ on 18:25 - May 10 with 1353 viewsBeckets

Drinan staying........ on 18:22 - May 10 by PJH

Edwards!

He’s out of contract so a different scenario. We have to wait to see if we offer him one and if we do whether he accepts it.
Login to get fewer ads

Drinan staying........ on 18:25 - May 10 with 1322 viewsSpruceMoose

Drinan staying........ on 18:24 - May 10 by chrismakin

Unless he's being lined up for work in a new concession stand I can't say I would be impressed with him remaining around the club.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Drinan staying........ on 18:26 - May 10 with 1293 viewsChurchman

Drinan staying........ on 18:23 - May 10 by wkj

Better start working on him now!

I’m surprised he wasn’t shown the door. Oh well.
Drinan staying........ on 18:26 - May 10 with 1280 viewsSaigonTractor

We played our best football this season when Nsiala started in defence, I don't understand why him staying is a bad thing.

Drinan is questionable, but I guess he can't be on massive wages and will likely be 3rd/4th choice striker anyway. Easier to keep him than try and convince someone to come benchwarm most of the season.
Drinan staying........ on 18:27 - May 10 with 1255 views44_not_out

All I keep seeing is, I’m pleased player X is staying, they’re a good back up. We’ll have a squad full of ‘back up’ players at this rate.

Toto, Drinan and JD would be lucky to be 4th choice IMO
Drinan staying........ on 18:27 - May 10 with 1201 viewswkj

Drinan staying........ on 18:24 - May 10 by chrismakin

I appreciate you apologising for replying to me.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Drinan staying........ on 18:28 - May 10 with 1176 viewsjas0999

Drinan isn’t good enough in my opinion. The other decisions are understandable. Edwards ... suspect he will get more money elsewhere.
Drinan staying........ on 18:29 - May 10 with 1170 viewschrismakin

Absolutely shocking

I get Jackson. We may get a fee

No one is gonna offer a penny for Drinan and he offers fk all as a back up.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Drinan staying........ on 18:29 - May 10 with 1161 viewsTractorFrog

I'm pleased that Aaron Drinan is staying, but I think he should be loaned to league 2.

They'd all laugh at me if they knew what I was trying to do. To create a new strain of super-wine in half-an-hour with a fraction of nature's resources and a FOOL for an assistant. 'Bernard Black, he's mad,' they'd say, 'he's insane, he's dangerous.' Well I'll show them! I'll show them all!
Poll: What hurt more?

Drinan staying........ on 18:31 - May 10 with 1125 viewschrismakin

Drinan staying........ on 18:29 - May 10 by TractorFrog

I'm pleased that Aaron Drinan is staying, but I think he should be loaned to league 2.

To do what exactly? The guy is stealing a living as a footballer. What an absolute waste of wages and squad place.

Drinan staying........ on 18:31 - May 10 with 1122 viewsDanTheMan

Some of these decisions seem so random.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Drinan staying........ on 18:33 - May 10 with 1028 viewsSpruceMoose

Drinan staying........ on 18:31 - May 10 by DanTheMan

Some of these decisions seem so random.

Latest QAnon theory is that this is the work of a mystery man behind the scenes #Lambingo

Drinan staying........ on 18:35 - May 10 with 1003 viewsTractorFrog

Drinan staying........ on 18:31 - May 10 by chrismakin

To do what exactly? The guy is stealing a living as a footballer. What an absolute waste of wages and squad place.

Last time he had a run of games, he improved substantially (pre-season). I think he can do that again if given a place in league two as a starting player, and I think he is good enough for that.

They'd all laugh at me if they knew what I was trying to do. To create a new strain of super-wine in half-an-hour with a fraction of nature's resources and a FOOL for an assistant. 'Bernard Black, he's mad,' they'd say, 'he's insane, he's dangerous.' Well I'll show them! I'll show them all!
Poll: What hurt more?

Drinan staying........ on 18:37 - May 10 with 967 viewschrismakin

Drinan staying........ on 18:35 - May 10 by TractorFrog

Last time he had a run of games, he improved substantially (pre-season). I think he can do that again if given a place in league two as a starting player, and I think he is good enough for that.

Improved in what?

He cant head a ball despite his size
He gets muscled off the ball despite his size
He runs in circles

He chases a loose ball down by a corner flag and people think hes messi.

We have upcoming academy players being kept out of the squad by players like Drinan. And we wonder why our academy is struggling to attract the better players

Drinan staying........ on 18:38 - May 10 with 962 viewsGuthrum

I think Nsiala is likely to be a first team starter next season. Ball-playing centre backs are all very well, but how many of them actually exist at League One level - and are they any good at actually defending?

It's probably very useful to have someone on the pitch whose reading of the game and positioning means he is almost always there to block dangerous shots. Which he does do, often several times per game.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Drinan staying........ on 18:39 - May 10 with 934 viewsPJH

Drinan staying........ on 18:25 - May 10 by Beckets

He’s out of contract so a different scenario. We have to wait to see if we offer him one and if we do whether he accepts it.

Yes I know but until I see that we are either not offering him anything or he has turned down an offer I still have the dread that he will be here next season.
Drinan staying........ on 18:40 - May 10 with 907 viewsSpruceMoose

Drinan staying........ on 18:37 - May 10 by chrismakin

Improved in what?

He cant head a ball despite his size
He gets muscled off the ball despite his size
He runs in circles

He chases a loose ball down by a corner flag and people think hes messi.

We have upcoming academy players being kept out of the squad by players like Drinan. And we wonder why our academy is struggling to attract the better players

I wouldn't worry too much. We aren't going to be building our first eleven around him. He'll be on peanuts. He'll be a squad player, often not even making the bench. Maybe he does an excellent job of putting out the cones during training. Maybe he will come on in the last game of the season and score a goal off his arse and get us promoted. And if he is playing regularly, then chance are he'll have been playing pretty well.

More likely though, our success next year isn't impacted in the slightest whether Drinan stays or goes.
[Post edited 10 May 2021 18:42]

Drinan staying........ on 18:42 - May 10 with 869 viewsSteve_M

And Nsiala.

Shuddering.

I find that one odd given he was left out in preference to McGuiness.

Drinan, cheap squad filler who doesn't breach the age cap (I don't think), there's something there to work with (that run at Accrington, even if he should have passed) but I can't see him scoring many goals even at this level.

El Mizouni I'm pleased about, if it was him or Nydam then rather El Miz I think.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024