Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We asked for a clear out.... 19:41 - May 10 with 1854 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

...and we are getting one.

A fresh start.

The only one I'm really disappointed about is Nydam, but that's based on his reputation of 2-3 years ago. None of us really have any idea where he's at now.

On the bright side... there will def be lots of new signings!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

We asked for a clear out.... on 19:43 - May 10 with 1787 viewsDubtractor

If we hadn't seen that brief cameo from Nydam a couple of weeks ago, no-one would even have raised an eyebrow at him being released.

I really hope that he goes off and has a great career, but I'm not at all surprised that we've decided to let him go.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

We asked for a clear out.... on 19:45 - May 10 with 1750 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

We asked for a clear out.... on 19:43 - May 10 by Dubtractor

If we hadn't seen that brief cameo from Nydam a couple of weeks ago, no-one would even have raised an eyebrow at him being released.

I really hope that he goes off and has a great career, but I'm not at all surprised that we've decided to let him go.

He was lauded as out best prospect a few years ago, above Downes and Dozzell, so I think eye brows would have been raised anyway.

...mainly just fans wanting to see if he lived up to his previous potential.

Good luck to him.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

We asked for a clear out.... on 19:58 - May 10 with 1625 viewsHighgateBlue

Are there any that you're disappointed that we're /keeping/ though?
We asked for a clear out.... on 19:59 - May 10 with 1621 viewsDubtractor

We asked for a clear out.... on 19:45 - May 10 by Marshalls_Mullet

He was lauded as out best prospect a few years ago, above Downes and Dozzell, so I think eye brows would have been raised anyway.

...mainly just fans wanting to see if he lived up to his previous potential.

Good luck to him.

Sorry, should have added a bit of explanation.

Due to to his long term injury issues, which may well have taken their toll, plus his loan to St Johnstone being pretty unsuccessful, I'm not surprised that Cook has made the decision he has. I think that until his sub appearance against MK Dons most would have assumed he would prob leave, but that bright cameo made people sit up and remember him.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

We asked for a clear out.... on 20:05 - May 10 with 1544 viewsWestover

On the bright side... there will def be lots of new signings!

I don't know about lots we can only have 20 players of 21 years old or over which is not many unless we can sell or loan players out.
We asked for a clear out.... on 20:11 - May 10 with 1500 viewsfloridaboy

We asked for a clear out.... on 19:59 - May 10 by Dubtractor

Sorry, should have added a bit of explanation.

Due to to his long term injury issues, which may well have taken their toll, plus his loan to St Johnstone being pretty unsuccessful, I'm not surprised that Cook has made the decision he has. I think that until his sub appearance against MK Dons most would have assumed he would prob leave, but that bright cameo made people sit up and remember him.

Maybe Nydam wanted more first team football, Cook wouldn't guarantee, so he said he would not stay!

Always two sides to a story!!
We asked for a clear out.... on 20:12 - May 10 with 1504 viewsGuthrum

Yeah, but we didn't want this clear out. We wanted to keep all the players we like and none of the ones we don't.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

We asked for a clear out.... on 20:15 - May 10 with 1432 viewsWD19

We asked for a clear out.... on 19:43 - May 10 by Dubtractor

Not true, I have been looking forward to him coming back all season. After KVY he is the player I thought was the most guaranteed to have a big part to play in our future. I’m really deflated.

.....and set against this some of the dross we are keeping has really irritated me.
Login to get fewer ads

We asked for a clear out.... on 20:21 - May 10 with 1380 viewsEdmundo

We asked for a clear out.... on 20:12 - May 10 by Guthrum

Yeah, but we didn't want this clear out. We wanted to keep all the players we like and none of the ones we don't.

How many out of the 52 (Christ, I shudder when I see that number) squad players have gone now? If my maths is correct, and including the loanees, I make it a staggering 21 that are now out of the club.... but still 31 flippin' well left!

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

We asked for a clear out.... on 20:36 - May 10 with 1294 viewsGuthrum

We asked for a clear out.... on 20:21 - May 10 by Edmundo

How many out of the 52 (Christ, I shudder when I see that number) squad players have gone now? If my maths is correct, and including the loanees, I make it a staggering 21 that are now out of the club.... but still 31 flippin' well left!

That 52 included a lot of youth players, some of whom only sat on the bench in the Trophy. In the League, only 34 actually appeared, of whom 2 (Nydam and Simpson) only came on as subs. Only 25 made it into double figures for the season and only 20 made 10 or more starts.

Of those 20, 8 have either been released or were loans.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

We asked for a clear out.... on 20:44 - May 10 with 1222 viewsDarth_Koont

It was the one that perplexed me because I couldn’t understand why Cook didn’t rate him when his ability seems so apparent.

But I’ve had an hour or two to think about it and read what others have said.

Ultimately, Cook may rate him – and quite highly. The problem is that he’s had too many injury problems and is now behind both Downes and Dozzell. So third in line for a 2-man midfield and that’s before we’ll probably bring in a couple of more experienced players to partner and compete. It’s quite conceivable Nydam just won’t get the playing time.

Which is also the crux of the matter for him and his career. Someone pointed out that he didn’t want to sign and have another season potentially in the wings.

So hopefully we’ve taken a decision that is a compromise and good enough for the team and the player rather than trying to force something that’s not going to work for one or both.

Letting him go is a gamble but I hope it’s one that really pays off for Nydam and one of those things we just have to chalk off.

Pronouns: He/Him

We asked for a clear out.... on 21:52 - May 10 with 965 viewsBryanPlug

We asked for a clear out.... on 20:44 - May 10 by Darth_Koont

It was the one that perplexed me because I couldn’t understand why Cook didn’t rate him when his ability seems so apparent.

But I’ve had an hour or two to think about it and read what others have said.

Ultimately, Cook may rate him – and quite highly. The problem is that he’s had too many injury problems and is now behind both Downes and Dozzell. So third in line for a 2-man midfield and that’s before we’ll probably bring in a couple of more experienced players to partner and compete. It’s quite conceivable Nydam just won’t get the playing time.

Which is also the crux of the matter for him and his career. Someone pointed out that he didn’t want to sign and have another season potentially in the wings.

So hopefully we’ve taken a decision that is a compromise and good enough for the team and the player rather than trying to force something that’s not going to work for one or both.

Letting him go is a gamble but I hope it’s one that really pays off for Nydam and one of those things we just have to chalk off.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

We asked for a clear out.... on 22:44 - May 10 with 774 viewsSharkey

As a U's fan, I really hope he's going home.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024