Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
James Wilson Have I missed something ? 20:20 - May 10 with 2641 views3_5_2

I don’t get why he is being released ?

Anyone know why?

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

James Wilson Have I missed something ? on 20:21 - May 10 with 2630 viewsKeaneish

I think it’s because he’s not very good.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

James Wilson Have I missed something ? on 20:21 - May 10 with 2628 viewsGuthrum

As I said below, probably because he's 32 and has had a couple of injury spells this season.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

James Wilson Have I missed something ? on 20:24 - May 10 with 2586 viewsFixed_It

Because he's 32? Because he has had injuries this season? Because he is consistent but bang average in the grand scheme of things? Because we need better players? Because he isn't going to get any better?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

James Wilson Have I missed something ? on 20:24 - May 10 with 2566 viewsSpruceMoose

James Wilson Have I missed something ? on 20:24 - May 10 by Fixed_It

Because he's 32? Because he has had injuries this season? Because he is consistent but bang average in the grand scheme of things? Because we need better players? Because he isn't going to get any better?

Bingo!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

I'd suggest it's because he's crap..... on 20:26 - May 10 with 2539 viewsBloots

....but then we've kept Nsiala, so it can't be that.

Assume it's because there is no resale value.

But then we've kept Nsiala........oh I don't know.

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

James Wilson Have I missed something ? on 20:30 - May 10 with 2498 viewsTrumptonBlue

Yes, but apart from that?
James Wilson Have I missed something ? on 20:32 - May 10 with 2472 views3_5_2

Our player of the year (admittedly from a small pool)

Decent CB at this level. We need a back up so why not him?

Injuries? Every player has injuries at this club!

If Toto starts game I will give up

James Wilson Have I missed something ? on 20:33 - May 10 with 2461 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Squad is too big. Needed one fewer central defender and so the choice was between Nsiala and Wilson.

We have spent too long going with the player who did it in the past rather than who we expect to do it in the future. Nsiala has improved this season and will be an experienced option in defence. I also think Cook must have been impressed with his attitude. I think attitude is going to be an important part of the squad under Cook. He has certainly suggested he has not been impressed with the attitude of some.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

James Wilson Have I missed something ? on 20:39 - May 10 with 2373 viewsKropotkin123

James Wilson Have I missed something ? on 20:32 - May 10 by 3_5_2

He should have never won player of the year. He wasn't that impressive and only played 17 league games.

If you ever needed a clear example of the "tyranny of the majority", this is it.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

James Wilson Have I missed something ? on 20:43 - May 10 with 2338 viewsLeoMuff

James Wilson Have I missed something ? on 20:32 - May 10 by 3_5_2

Toto played plenty of games in one the best defences in league 1, he isn’t that bad, plenty good enough for a top league 1 side as he has shown here and at Shrews.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

James Wilson Have I missed something ? on 20:44 - May 10 with 2330 viewshomer_123

Let's hope that this is because we have greater aspirations going forward now.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

James Wilson Have I missed something ? on 20:45 - May 10 with 2311 viewsHighgateBlue

James Wilson Have I missed something ? on 20:21 - May 10 by Keaneish

I think it’s because he’s not very good.

Go on then genius, explain Drinan....
James Wilson Have I missed something ? on 20:51 - May 10 with 2240 viewsSpruceMoose

James Wilson Have I missed something ? on 20:45 - May 10 by HighgateBlue

Drinan is 23 I suppose?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

James Wilson Have I missed something ? on 20:51 - May 10 with 2234 viewsKropotkin123

That Drinan should have been let go, doesn't mean that Wilson shouldn't.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

James Wilson Have I missed something ? on 21:09 - May 10 with 2140 viewsSuperfrans

I feel the same way about Nydam too. But you have to assume there is something else in the plan.

Cook has already talked about wanting a smaller squad. He may feel that with Woolfenden, Nsiala and certain youngsters, plus any planned signings, that he will have more than enough cover.

The same goes for Nydam and central / left midfield.

Ultimately, we have to trust in Cook’s planning right now.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

James Wilson Have I missed something ? on 21:19 - May 10 with 2069 viewsKeaneish

Drinan isn’t very good either. Toto also isn’t very good but the squad needs a balance, back up players to play the Checkatrade, League Cup, First round FA Cup etc. For some reason Cook prefers Toto over Wilson.

Mick liked a small squad but always had plenty of squad fillers: Coke, Bajner, Toure, Wordsworth, Alabi etc. Drinan and Toto are Cooks fillers.
[Post edited 10 May 2021 21:23]

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

James Wilson Have I missed something ? on 21:19 - May 10 with 2067 viewslazyblue

Still don’t understand how he got player of the year.
James Wilson Have I missed something ? on 21:37 - May 10 with 1974 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

James Wilson Have I missed something ? on 23:08 - May 10 with 1796 views3_5_2

James Wilson Have I missed something ? on 20:43 - May 10 by LeoMuff

Toto played plenty of games in one the best defences in league 1, he isn’t that bad, plenty good enough for a top league 1 side as he has shown here and at Shrews.

Totally disagree.

Toto is, in my view, a very poor defender. Better than he was last season but still bang average

Back up at best.

Wilson could do that better.

James Wilson Have I missed something ? on 23:14 - May 10 with 1761 viewsChurchman

James Wilson Have I missed something ? on 20:33 - May 10 by Nthsuffolkblue

Squad is too big. Needed one fewer central defender and so the choice was between Nsiala and Wilson.

We have spent too long going with the player who did it in the past rather than who we expect to do it in the future. Nsiala has improved this season and will be an experienced option in defence. I also think Cook must have been impressed with his attitude. I think attitude is going to be an important part of the squad under Cook. He has certainly suggested he has not been impressed with the attitude of some.

I think this is a really valid point about attitude. It’s something that’s clearly been a massive problem at the club for a very long time. Maybe Cook is looking at that as much as footballing ability and is the reason for one or two surprising decisions?

Just idle speculation on my part with zero substance!
James Wilson Have I missed something ? on 23:14 - May 10 with 1760 viewsHarlestonblue

James Wilson Have I missed something ? on 20:33 - May 10 by Nthsuffolkblue

and Toto is a Scouser. Half the team and coaching staff will be Scousers next season. (No negative connotations!)
James Wilson Have I missed something ? on 07:01 - May 11 with 1489 viewsBluefish

Because he is utterly terrible at football?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

James Wilson Have I missed something ? on 07:08 - May 11 with 1475 viewsBryanPlug

James Wilson Have I missed something ? on 23:14 - May 10 by Harlestonblue

and Toto is a Scouser. Half the team and coaching staff will be Scousers next season. (No negative connotations!)

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024