Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rhodes 08:47 - May 11 with 4431 viewsCharlie_pl_baxter

Rumours we have offered Jordan Rhodes three years. Thoughts?

Poll: We recruit two strikers, one has to be Bonne or Wickham, who would you have?

Rhodes on 08:47 - May 11 with 3375 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Rhodes on 08:48 - May 11 with 3362 viewsKieran_Knows

[Post edited 11 May 2021 8:49]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Rhodes on 08:48 - May 11 with 3346 viewsHerbivore

Sounds legit.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Rhodes on 08:50 - May 11 with 3288 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Rhodes on 08:48 - May 11 by Kieran_Knows

[Post edited 11 May 2021 8:49]

Free agent linked with two of his former clubs shocker...

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Rhodes on 08:51 - May 11 with 3273 viewsitfcjoe

Would be a stupid move

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Rhodes on 09:14 - May 11 with 3014 viewsJackSted

The fact we are competing with Championship clubs for players says a lot about our owners and their ambition and I'm bloody excited

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

Rhodes on 09:20 - May 11 with 2953 viewsHARRY10

Rhodes on 09:14 - May 11 by JackSted

The fact we are competing with Championship clubs for players says a lot about our owners and their ambition and I'm bloody excited

We are being linked, that's all

As to Championship player, do remind us all how many Championship games he has played over the past two seasons
Rhodes on 09:26 - May 11 with 2884 viewsBiGDonnie

Rhodes on 09:20 - May 11 by HARRY10

As to Championship player, do remind us all how many Championship games he has played over the past two seasons

36 Championship appearances this season according to Transferkart, what's ya point?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Rhodes on 09:39 - May 11 with 2713 viewsTieDyedIn95

Rhodes on 09:20 - May 11 by HARRY10

More than us I would suspect...

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Rhodes on 09:44 - May 11 with 2667 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Rhodes on 09:14 - May 11 by JackSted

We were linked earlier in the season too, when ME was still sole owner.

I dont think this link says anything about our new owners.

Rhodes on 10:12 - May 11 with 2547 viewshoppy

Could we have 2009, 2010 and 2011 then please?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Rhodes on 10:17 - May 11 with 2503 viewscatch74

Having got rid of our over 30’s the only one left is Norwood - surely we don’t want another 30+ player competing with an injury prone Nors. Really need a 24-28 year old, that will push on if we get promoted and an u23 goal machine to challenge.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Rhodes on 10:29 - May 11 with 2397 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Rhodes on 10:17 - May 11 by catch74

Having got rid of our over 30’s the only one left is Norwood - surely we don’t want another 30+ player competing with an injury prone Nors. Really need a 24-28 year old, that will push on if we get promoted and an u23 goal machine to challenge.

PC will want some senior players / leaders in the squad, there is nothing wrong with having 4-5 over 30's in the squad.

Rhodes on 10:33 - May 11 with 2355 viewscatch74

Rhodes on 10:29 - May 11 by Marshalls_Mullet

PC will want some senior players / leaders in the squad, there is nothing wrong with having 4-5 over 30's in the squad.

Maybe different positions though – I’m hoping we find a Tony Mowbray to play alongside Woolfenden. Please no over 30’s for right and left back either. Wide old Skuse replacement would be good too.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Rhodes on 10:34 - May 11 with 2354 viewsclive_baker

Rhodes on 10:17 - May 11 by catch74

It's perhaps because we've lost Chambers, Skuse, Judge, Ward etc that Cook needs to consciously sign a few more mature players.

You have to question what sort of player you're going to attract in the peak of their careers to the 3rd tier. Another Jackson maybe. A 28 year old Jordan Rhodes moved for £10m. We would be fortunate to have him, he could feasibly score 20+ goals at this level next season. I can't see it happening though, Huddersfield is surely a much more compelling proposition for him on just about every angle.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Rhodes on 10:40 - May 11 with 2280 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Rhodes on 10:34 - May 11 by clive_baker

It's perhaps because we've lost Chambers, Skuse, Judge, Ward etc that Cook needs to consciously sign a few more mature players.

You have to question what sort of player you're going to attract in the peak of their careers to the 3rd tier. Another Jackson maybe. A 28 year old Jordan Rhodes moved for £10m. We would be fortunate to have him, he could feasibly score 20+ goals at this level next season. I can't see it happening though, Huddersfield is surely a much more compelling proposition for him on just about every angle.

I'd be surprised if he went back to Hudds.

He played his best football there, and I can only imagine he will be a disappointment to their fans now as he is unable to replicate his previous form.

I'm not saying he'll come to us, but I dont see him going to Hudds.

Rhodes on 10:41 - May 11 with 2258 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Rhodes on 10:33 - May 11 by catch74

Maybe different positions though – I’m hoping we find a Tony Mowbray to play alongside Woolfenden. Please no over 30’s for right and left back either. Wide old Skuse replacement would be good too.

Bet you wouldnt turn a 31 y/o Waghorn away.

Rhodes on 11:00 - May 11 with 2155 viewsjayessess

Isn't there?
Hull, Peterborough, Blackpool, Lincoln and Oxford don't.
Only Sunderland of the top 6 have more than 2 and they're the biggest underachievers in the division.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Rhodes on 11:05 - May 11 with 2131 viewsmonty_radio

Don't disagree, though the profile of those who were got rid of yesterday might suggest that Cook thinks that his forward-pressing style required younger legs?

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Rhodes on 11:10 - May 11 with 2088 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Rhodes on 11:00 - May 11 by jayessess

Isn't there?
Hull, Peterborough, Blackpool, Lincoln and Oxford don't.
Only Sunderland of the top 6 have more than 2 and they're the biggest underachievers in the division.

Thats a snap shot of this season, doesnt mean its set in stone. Im not saying you have to have 4-5 30+ in your squad, but I am saying its not a problem.

Suspect that if you look at Cooks previous teams he will have had 4-5 0ver 30's in his squad.

My view is judge a player on their ability, fitness and personality, not just their age.

Look at City... Mahrez, Gundugan, Fernandinho and Walker all key first team players and all 30 or older. De Bruyne will join that group in June and hes just signed a £400k per week deal.

Rhodes on 11:17 - May 11 with 2051 viewsFreddy

Rumoured to be on 40k pw, dont see him dropping to League 1
Rhodes on 11:18 - May 11 with 2034 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Rhodes on 11:18 - May 11 with 2025 viewsN2_Blue

Would be a bit disappointed if we have to be honest.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Rhodes on 11:21 - May 11 with 1995 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Rhodes on 11:17 - May 11 by Freddy

Rumoured to be on 40k pw, dont see him dropping to League 1

That contract was signed 4 years ago, and runs out next month.

The figure of £40k is not relevant anymore, and is a not a benchmark.

The competition will be from lower Championship and upper L1 clubs, so it will depend what the competition are willing to pay a player who is now considered a risk rather than the so called dead cert he was 4 years ago.

Rhodes on 11:22 - May 11 with 1986 viewsjayessess

Rhodes on 11:10 - May 11 by Marshalls_Mullet

Thats a snap shot of this season, doesnt mean its set in stone. Im not saying you have to have 4-5 30+ in your squad, but I am saying its not a problem.

Suspect that if you look at Cooks previous teams he will have had 4-5 0ver 30's in his squad.

My view is judge a player on their ability, fitness and personality, not just their age.

Look at City... Mahrez, Gundugan, Fernandinho and Walker all key first team players and all 30 or older. De Bruyne will join that group in June and hes just signed a £400k per week deal.

Coventry and Rotherham barely had any either.

Unlike City, well-run clubs at our level need to develop and improve players they bring in, both because they don't have the budget to get ready-made all the time and because it's how you sell players for big money and build your transfer budget.
[Post edited 11 May 2021 11:27]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024